What’s a song that you enjoy that’s made by a band/musician you hate? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.
We all know the topic of One Hit Wonder’s from a radio charts popularity perspective, but what about One Hit Wonder’s from a perspective of quality?
As in a band that only made one (or possibly a few) songs you enjoy, but hate or find everything else they made boring?

As an example, Puddle of Mudd is a suckass Butt Rock (Post-Grunge/Hard Rock/whatever) band, their singer is a nasally Kurt Cobaine wannabe, & their drumming/guitar work is mediocre as shit, but, I do actually find some enjoyment in the song Blurry, sure it’s not perfect, but I do have a close connection to the song & find it fairly catchy, also has a unique sound to it that evokes nostalgia.

As a second example that is… Kind of a guilty pleasure.
Closer by The Chainsmokers.
Now I wanna get this straight, I FUCKING detest The Chainsmokers, their other shit is boring at best & fucking obnoxiously ear blaringly annoying at worst.
But Closer actually has a slightly laid back tone to it with vocals that aren’t annoying as shit, it is by no means a great song, but a song I don’t hate nonetheless.

What are your personal One Hit Wonder’s of songs you enjoy from a band you overall hate or just don’t care for?

The Opera Ghost

Ugly underground simp
kiwifarms.net
I hate Bruce Springsteen. I hate him for several reasons, the biggest being choosing to end "Born in the USA" with "I'm a cool rockin' daddy in the USA". Which is the lamest boomerism possible, especially in the context of the song. You could get away with that in a rockabilly song where the subject matter is chasing skirts or hot rods. But it's a song about how being a Vietnam vet sucks. SPRINGSTEEN, YOU FUCK!

With that said I really like his mid 2000s single "Radio Nowhere".

silverstacks

kiwifarms.net
I hate Bruce Springsteen. I hate him for several reasons, the biggest being choosing to end "Born in the USA" with "I'm a cool rockin' daddy in the USA". Which is the lamest boomerism possible, especially in the context of the song. You could get away with that in a rockabilly song where the subject matter is chasing skirts or hot rods. But it's a song about how being a Vietnam vet sucks. SPRINGSTEEN, YOU FUCK!

With that said I really like his mid 2000s single "Radio Nowhere".

Also hate Springsteen, only with my exception song being "I'm On Fire."

i am cancer

Big Bad Cancer
kiwifarms.net
I like Lostprophets' music but Ian Watkins is a disgusting human being. I'm glad the other members formed a new band though.

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate Bruce Springsteen, too. I like none of his songs, though I suppose there's songs of his I hate less than others.

And actually, ⏰ as hell, but I only just realized I hate Lostprophets yesterday night. I always liked their music, in an "oh yeah that band they're not bad" sorta way. But I never knew about the singer until yesterday, when the Kiwifarms AI recommended I read a thread about him. Fucking depressing, man. And from what I was seeing on Youtube, it sounds like Lostprophets were friends with BotDF and Jeffree Star...?

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net
Hate is a strong word, but there was one band in particular that I couldn't stand; The Living Tombstone. Old friend used to be a big fan of MLP and he wouldn't stop blasting "Discord" on the stage speakers when we were setting up for a school play. I don't know any of their other stuff other than that one FNAF song that I don't remember the name of but it sounded pretty musically inept; the chorus sounded more like a bridge and the lead singer had way too much audio editing behind his voice to the point where autotune would've been better.

Never really paid attention to them after that, but then I accidentally discovered their song "It's Been So Long" and I at first thought it was by the birthday massacre or Chvrches. Some might not like it because it's based on that FNAF2, but it's pretty catchy to me. Also the lead vocalist is way more tolerable than the original one.

Mojo Thief

Hunter of the least dangerous game
kiwifarms.net
I think Miley Cyrus is an attention whore with an annoying voice, but since I'm a complete sucker for synthpop "Midnight Sky" really gripped me.

White Devil

Well I may be a monster, but you're gay.
kiwifarms.net
I hate Green Day and the whole pop punk thing, but I really like Wake Me Up When September Ends for the melody and melancholy.

Also agree that Miley Cyrus is an annoying whore, but she did an amazing cover of Jolene. To be honest, a lot of her covers are really good; she has an amazing voice just a shit personality.

hungry yuyuko

i hear it in here, i hear it in here
kiwifarms.net
I hate mayhem and just about anything black metal but Daemon Spawn is a pretty cool song.

Internet Explorer

this guy are sick
kiwifarms.net
Oasis, because three chord wonder schlop rock that went onto sucking John Lennon's dead dick, culminating in Noel and Liam tearing the band apart with their over publicised quarreling. Right before the end though, they did end up putting out some good music.

Mamas boy

I'm cutting it down
kiwifarms.net
I used to love Sum 41 when I was like 12 but its pretty ass. I love this one though:

I LOATHE SR71. They are garbage. This songs okay tho:

This one is harder to admit: