What's next for the Right? -

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
Although Trump is still fighting a legal battle to dispute the likely fraudulent ballots that were cast during the election and he may still have a path to victory, we have to come to the realization that Biden is very likely to take office on the 20th of January, bringing the Democrats back to the White House and dealing a blow to the populist surge of the Right that began in 2015 with the UK referendum on their membership of the EU and was solidified with the 2016 upset victory of Donald Trump.

While Trump was not the only Right wing figure to rise up in the modern era, he is the one that has, for the most part, consistently remained Right wing as other conservative parties that have embraced nationalism have betrayed their base in favor of globalism: the conservatives in Canada, Australia, and Boris Johnson in the UK being the best examples. In the rest of Europe, the Right has, at best, been of minor consequence to the overall plans of global interests.

The question is: where does the Right go from here? Does the Republican party return to the Bush era ideas of neo-conservatism? Or do they choose to follow with the nationalist surge and return for more victories? Or, in the worst case, they stop being a movement overall and are cast aside by global and Chinese interests?

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Right will likely still count on Trump to carry them for a bit, until Trumpism dies from imitation or lack of relevance.

It doesn't help that the Right's influence on media is mainly cringe memes, bigotry and war mongering figures that either splintered into their own thing or silently behind the scenes just biding their time for Trump.

Remember that even the RNC did not like Trump until he showed numbers and support.

Biden's Chosen

Support your Jewish community Support jewish news
kiwifarms.net
Re-education camps for the right. A great reset. Then a permanent gay space utopia.

Biden is the great uniter in chief.

Why don't we talk about Trump anymore? Because it's 2021.

-4ZURE-

-Terminated-
kiwifarms.net
I will be hopeful. Trump will return in some fashion and quicker than expected. A new Republican will carry on what he did as how can a base that large be left ignored. The younger generations will be more right-leaning. Gen Z is the moderate-Gen X equivalent for Republicans while the children of Millenials will likely resent the abuses of the parents (like the trans conditioning), and turn out more Trump right-wing.

Trump’s biggest hurdle was going up against a stacked Dem party. Gen X is typically moderate, but they built up the Dems in the 90s and pushed Obama in the 2000s, to say the least, they are primarily Democrat. Millenials should have evened Republicans out, but thanks to Bush extending the life of the religious right, they are now super Dem. The consequences of this will appear as time goes on as Z and the next Gen are going to create a stacked GOP support base as they had to deal with absolute Dem craziness throughout teen or childhood years. Things will flip eventually. The world will even out before devolving into chaos in the other direction. Times are ruff, but the constant Doomering is a bit much.

Republicans will change. Bernie was never successfu, but look how many took after him. One Trump loss, that was likely BS like Bernie, will not drive the party back to the old days. More-than-likely it just creates a bigger opposition as change is inevitable.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Gamergate 2.0!

But on a serious note, as far as I'm concerned the only logical thing next for them to do is quite frankly chip away at centralization and by that I don't mean secession, but refusal to carry out unconstitutional federal mandates/regulations. I highly doubt Biden will have the will to punish states for doing this especially considering blue states and cities did just that during Trump.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gamergate 2.0!

But on a serious note, as far as I'm concerned the only logical thing next for them to do is quite frankly chip away at centralization and by that I don't mean secession, but refusal to carry out unconstitutional federal mandates/regulations. I highly doubt Biden will have the will to punish states for doing this especially considering blue states and cities did just that during Trump.
What the fuck did you think the South tried to do in the first half of the 20th century? It ultimately didn't work then, and the precedents made to stop that will be used to fuck you in the ass in the future.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
What the fuck did you think the South tried to do in the first half of the 20th century? It ultimately didn't work then, and the precedents made to stop that will be used to fuck you in the ass in the future.

In the first half of the 20th century? You're going to have to enlighten me on what you're talking about man. I'm all ears.

Even then, with all due respect, as I said, if blue states and cities could successfully resist Trump, than I don't see why red states can't do the same with Biden especially with how disunited this country is right now.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The revisionist route of American history has left the Republican Party with no spine. They are left with all the burden of American's hardships of slavery, Jim Crow and racism with no forgiveness or redemption.

I'm not saying the Republican Party should abstain responsibility, looking at you Bush, but it's not fair or right for them to kowtow entirely because of actions that happened yesteryear.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The revisionist route of American history has left the Republican Party with no spine. They are left with all the burden of American's hardships of slavery, Jim Crow and racism with no forgiveness or redemption.

I'm not saying the Republican Party should abstain responsibility, looking at you Bush, but it's not fair or right for them to kowtow entirely because of actions that happened yesteryear.
It's partially their own damn fault tbh.

After-all, consider how many times they feed into it in a desprate attempt of saying, "democrats are the real racists", virtue signal by throwing one of their own under the bus, and enable the very same companies who are now disposing of them.

Ultimately: they made this grave, and they can lie in it now.

Gun Safety

kiwifarms.net
It would be pretty epic if Trump managed to stay in office, he's perfectly capable of it and he could do it legally, but I really doubt that he would try it. It's a little sad but I have a lot of curiosity for the adventure ahead.

As far as the future of the right, that's a multifaceted question. As far as I'm concerned there are three distinct branches of the right-wing that have their own goals and the future of the right depends largely on which one you personally think has more influence over culture and society.

1) Mainstream conservatism: Established conservative/right-wing people/institutions like the NRA, normie-republicans, pro-life advocacy groups, libertarianism, Fox News and probably what your parents ascribe to if they don't live in the west coast. If they remain the dominant force in the right-wing we can expect the worst outcome, generally trying to apply the breaks as the moderate left and left-left jockey for power at the expense of the country and America's cultural satellites. As per usual, right wing will just follow the left ten or fifteen steps behind as they try to avoid becoming an unviable party.

2) Alternative right-wing: People trying to build a right-wing movement outside the republican party and outside established right-wing institutions, probably the most successful movement so far is the America First thing under Nick Fuentes. But Q-Anon and Infowars definitely fall under this category. If these grow in popularity it will be at the expense of the Republican party, leaching support and money from it slowly in proportion as these alternative more hardline grassroot movements increase. Might even lead to the collapse of the Republican party as a viable way to receive electoral wins. Will lead to a restructuring of power and the organization of the right-wing as an ideological minority, we've seen that young people tend to like this a lot more and get more excited for it. Could be good or bad, will definitely quicken the total dominance of the Democratic party over America (or at least make it obvious).

3 Intellectual right-wing: Think of the Neo-Reaction, paleo-conservatism, and anarchocapitalism to an extent. These people kind of work out in the middle of nowhere and generally don't intersect with mainstream politics as much. It appeals mostly to people who already have status in society but are unsatisfied with the current state of things. If this branch does anything it's peel away elites in the society. The whole system is held up by elites who believe and push left-wing ideas onto the masses, the less elites who are true believers and maybe are even hostile to the current system, the less power it has. This would be the slowest change and you probably would not see it happen, until all of a sudden you realize that the left hasn't cooked up anything especially crazy lately and things are seeming more normal and movies and video games are good again. Least likely path but probably the best.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2) Alternative right-wing: People trying to build a right-wing movement outside the republican party and outside established right-wing institutions, probably the most successful movement so far is the America First thing under Nick Fuentes. But Q-Anon and Infowars definitely fall under this category. If these grow in popularity it will be at the expense of the Republican party, leaching support and money from it slowly in proportion as these alternative more hardline grassroot movements increase. Might even lead to the collapse of the Republican party as a viable way to receive electoral wins. Will lead to a restructuring of power and the organization of the right-wing as an ideological minority, we've seen that young people tend to like this a lot more and get more excited for it. Could be good or bad, will definitely quicken the total dominance of the Democratic party over America (or at least make it obvious).
Now you see, they're the reason why the right wing has gained popularity at the expense of isolating levelheaded people and brands.

They're the problem. It doesn't help that boomers will consume anything that confirm their prejudices.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I will be hopeful. Trump will return in some fashion and quicker than expected. A new Republican will carry on what he did as how can a base that large be left ignored. The younger generations will be more right-leaning. Gen Z is the moderate-Gen X equivalent for Republicans while the children of Millenials will likely resent the abuses of the parents (like the trans conditioning), and turn out more Trump right-wing.

Trump’s biggest hurdle was going up against a stacked Dem party. Gen X is typically moderate, but they built up the Dems in the 90s and pushed Obama in the 2000s, to say the least, they are primarily Democrat. Millenials should have evened Republicans out, but thanks to Bush extending the life of the religious right, they are now super Dem. The consequences of this will appear as time goes on as Z and the next Gen are going to create a stacked GOP support base as they had to deal with absolute Dem craziness throughout teen or childhood years. Things will flip eventually. The world will even out before devolving into chaos in the other direction. Times are ruff, but the constant Doomering is a bit much.

Republicans will change. Bernie was never successfu, but look how many took after him. One Trump loss, that was likely BS like Bernie, will not drive the party back to the old days. More-than-likely it just creates a bigger opposition as change is inevitable.

I honestly think there's some truth to this, actually.

Maybe it won't be quite as optimistic as you think, but I do think they've blown their load too hard with 2020 and the Boomer/Gen X neoliberal corporatists only see the Millennial/Early Zoomer Woke Left as useful idiots and a moral flag to hide behind, no different than how the neocons viewed the Religious Right when it was a thing.

They can go back to corporate uniparty with GOP as controlled opposition and likely will but even with the fraud machine, I can definitely see a massive internal struggle between the Woke Left zealots and those in the bigwigs who have the real power and wealth. The "Orange Man Bad" is the biggest unifying thing that held this loose coalition together along with irrational fears of the Religious Right somehow coming back into power.

If the Right goes back to corporatism and traditionalism, they're fucked.

The "hurr durr what are we conserving?" assholes like Fuetnes and The Distributist don't seem to get that a return to Judeo-Christian traditionalist moralism will only hasten the demise of the Right, not preserve it.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The "hurr durr what are we conserving?" assholes like Fuetnes and The Distributist don't seem to get that a return to Judeo-Christian traditionalist moralism will only hasten the demise of the Right, not preserve it.
Tell them to take a good, long look at Portland and San Francisco. And ask what are we conserving instead of being racist edgelords.

American conservatism should be based on conserving and perserving American values for the better of the country's foundation. Basing it on religion was their first mistake, America wasn't founded on religion. Quite the opposite, religion was too staunch from the King. They left for religious freedom.

Religion is supposed to evolve over time. Islam is a perfect example of why.

Gun Safety

kiwifarms.net
Now you see, they're the reason why the right wing has gained popularity at the expense of isolating levelheaded people and brands.

They're the problem. It doesn't help that boomers will consume anything that confirm their prejudices.

Levelheaded is a relative term, maybe pragmatic is a better word for it. Levelheaded/pragmatic right-wing people are resigned to losing and never having power and are comfortable with it. It definitely slows down the left but on the other hand also keeps them motivated to fight. It's not really accelerationist but I prefer the democrats take complete control and the right be isolated to a ideological minority, then the left will have to take responsibility for their own policies. But maybe that's :optimistic: of me.

I honestly think there's some truth to this, actually.

Maybe it won't be quite as optimistic as you think, but I do think they've blown their load too hard with 2020 and the Boomer/Gen X neoliberal corporatists only see the Millennial/Early Zoomer Woke Left as useful idiots and a moral flag to hide behind, no different than how the neocons viewed the Religious Right when it was a thing.

They can go back to corporate uniparty with GOP as controlled opposition and likely will but even with the fraud machine, I can definitely see a massive internal struggle between the Woke Left zealots and those in the bigwigs who have the real power and wealth. The "Orange Man Bad" is the biggest unifying thing that held this loose coalition together.

Like it or not but right-wing and Christianity are intrinsic, they are right about that. Outside of larping about wheat fields isn't traditionalism just applying Christian values when creating policies? Emphasizing family structure and traditional morality and all that. Could not imagine a right-wing that isn't just neo-con corporatism without traditionalism.