What's next for the Right? -

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bring back the Bull Moose Party.

I've noticed that there's a huge amount of anti-corporate sentiment around now, so this is the perfect time to deploy red-brown alliance tactics and start pushing for social democratic policies with a strong sense of nationalism. This can pull in disaffected voters from the left and the right alike and form a united front against the neoliberals so many people despise. The successful nationalist movements in Europe are doing this, maintaining basic government public services while opposing mass immigration and cultural distortion. The leader of this movement should be someone with a clear message who does not act like a dick on Twitter.

The obvious evidence in favour of this approach is that Medicaid expansion passed by referendum in the state of Oklahoma, while affirmative action was defeated by referendum in the state of California. Combining "Great Society" social democracy with opposition to identity politics and the critical race mob is a clear winning combination, since the electorate is significantly left of elected officials on economic issues but a tad more conservative on social ones.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
I generally agree with Secret Asshole’s posts here but I think there will be a few other changes:

- Democrats will be further emboldened to act as leaders of a one party state. One of the first things a one party state does is lock down their status. So I expect a lot of EOs (if Congress ends up gridlocked) to make it easier to solidify that status. A lot of it will be watering down immigration and voter right enforcement even further. Basically do whatever they can to make voting meaningless. Don’t expect the media to report this and don’t expect Republicans to fight this.

- I think more bones will be tossed to the far left. However this is going to be done behind the scenes and of course, the media will be silent. You know like when Obama denounced safe spaces in his speeches while the Department of Education threatened to cut funding to colleges if they didn’t implement them? It will be like that. Biden and Harris will play up their centrist bonafides to the public and let loose a lot of far left apparatchiks.

- More gun control. This is a boomerlib bone to pick and we saw with Virginia, they mostly got away with it. Expect banks to refuse loans to gun manufacturers, class action lawsuits, and insurance companies charging premiums or just outright dropping homeowners who have guns. None of this will require legislation but will be encouraged in a Biden administration.

I think white independents and conservatives have a tough decision to make: grill and consume and continue to see freedoms and rights chiseled away or fight and organize. Not making it easy will be the Stop The Steal grifters who will try to lead these people into boondoggles that don’t help the cause much like the tea party a decade prior. Fighting and organizing is going to be tough because it means undoing 60 years of conditioning to just do nothing. However I think more whites of the center and right are going to find they don’t have much of a choice. The soap box and now the ballot box have been taken away, that just leaves the jury and ammo boxes left.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I generally agree with Secret Asshole’s posts here but I think there will be a few other changes:

- Democrats will be further emboldened to act as leaders of a one party state. One of the first things a one party state does is lock down their status. So I expect a lot of EOs (if Congress ends up gridlocked) to make it easier to solidify that status. A lot of it will be watering down immigration and voter right enforcement even further. Basically do whatever they can to make voting meaningless. Don’t expect the media to report this and don’t expect Republicans to fight this.

- I think more bones will be tossed to the far left. However this is going to be done behind the scenes and of course, the media will be silent. You know like when Obama denounced safe spaces in his speeches while the Department of Education threatened to cut funding to colleges if they didn’t implement them? It will be like that. Biden and Harris will play up their centrist bonafides to the public and let loose a lot of far left apparatchiks.

- More gun control. This is a boomerlib bone to pick and we saw with Virginia, they mostly got away with it. Expect banks to refuse loans to gun manufacturers, class action lawsuits, and insurance companies charging premiums or just outright dropping homeowners who have guns. None of this will require legislation but will be encouraged in a Biden administration.

I think white independents and conservatives have a tough decision to make: grill and consume and continue to see freedoms and rights chiseled away or fight and organize. Not making it easy will be the Stop The Steal grifters who will try to lead these people into boondoggles that don’t help the cause much like the tea party a decade prior. Fighting and organizing is going to be tough because it means undoing 60 years of conditioning to just do nothing. However I think more whites of the center and right are going to find they don’t have much of a choice. The soap box and now the ballot box have been taken away, that just leaves the jury and ammo boxes left.
Point 3 is actually already happening now. A lot of banks already refuse to lend to gun manufacturers, but it doesn't have much effect because the American gun industry is too big to fail. When tens of millions are being sold every year the industry can't just be choked out that easily. Refusing insurance to the 1/3 (at least) of the population that own them is also incredibly self defeating and won't work either.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/b...t-with-truth-in-lending-to-firearms-industry/

Points 1 and 2 depend on the power of executive orders and given the Supreme Court leans R those will be comparatively limited. Biden will try to push all sorts of agendas with them but probably not that successfully compared to Obama, who had the court on his side most of the time.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
1606749118057.jpeg

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Point 3 is actually already happening now. A lot of banks already refuse to lend to gun manufacturers, but it doesn't have much effect because the American gun industry is too big to fail. When tens of millions are being sold every year the industry can't just be choked out that easily. Refusing insurance to the 1/3 (at least) of the population that own them is also incredibly self defeating and won't work either.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/b...t-with-truth-in-lending-to-firearms-industry/

Points 1 and 2 depend on the power of executive orders and given the Supreme Court leans R those will be comparatively limited. Biden will try to push all sorts of agendas with them but probably not that successfully compared to Obama, who had the court on his side most of the time.
The trick they will go with, I think, is they will unchain the federal bureaucracy which after 4 years of radicalizing itself will be gleeful to finally "fix" everything they can. Then they will do as much as possible in as many byzantine layers as possible, so that even if a court takes notice and rebukes something they did, they already are moving ahead on a dozen issues.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The trick they will go with, I think, is they will unchain the federal bureaucracy which after 4 years of radicalizing itself will be gleeful to finally "fix" everything they can. Then they will do as much as possible in as many byzantine layers as possible, so that even if a court takes notice and rebukes something they did, they already are moving ahead on a dozen issues.
They'll certainly try that, but whether it will be much more effective than it was in the Obama era (when courts were much more tolerant of the sitting government) remains to be seen.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
The right has basically frozen American social policy since the 1980s while the rest of the Western World has turned into Sweden. It's amazing that they've managed to hold the brakes on the train for that long. The right's future depends on the ways in which the Left fucks up in their attempt to "make up for lost time" (believing themselves to have an absolute mandate due to the echo-chamber they've built for themselves) . They'll reinvent themselves in opposition to whatever the Left does that pisses of old people.
Validating the "racism" argument by so much as acknowledging it is a huge mistake. You're basically agreeing to play a rigged game. Someone ever brings up racism, you fucking ignore it as a matter of principle. "Racist" is a snarl word, it's not designed to be argued against, it's designed to force you to argue on their terms. They will change the definition as it pleases them, you will meet one of their goalposts on paper and they will promptly move it 50 yards downfield, and the cycle repeats endlessly. The fact that the GOP ever engaged in that proves they're fucking morons or willingly playing the part of "graceful losers".
Calling the core boogeyman of modern society "a snarl word" is like openly calling yourself an anarchist in the 19th century.

Both parties are going to be squabbling.

The Left was temporarily united over the villain that was Trump. Without Trump, it will collapse into factionalism. Those that voted for Biden as a 'return to normalcy' will be sorely disappointed as that's not happening. The neo-liberals are going to scramble as quickly as possible to take back what they lost over four years of Trump. Progressives will start demanding more and more outrageous shit (we already see BLM doing this). Biden is going to put the teeth of the useful idiots on the curb and stomp skulls while pretending to throw them a bone. The last union dems (fucking lol if you're a union man and still a fucking democrat. Congrats, you're legally retarded) are going to get fucked six ways from Sunday by every branch of the Democratic party. Technocrats will be generally go the more neo-liberal way while outwardly appearing progressive, so expect neo-liberal dogma with a progressive coat of paint. Note, I am NOT predicting a democratic collapse. I am predicting a shift back to neo-liberalism after the extreme leftward shift that has gone on for four years.

Republicans will face an insurrection as RINOs and neo-cons attempt to wrest control back of momentum from Trump supporters. They're not going to unite under Trump's coalition, they will try to dismantle it. Basically all major powers in both parties will be trying to purge populism from every political platform as it fucks with the money. As soon as Trump loses his last legal challenges and fucks off to wherever, the knives are coming out. Fox News pre-emptively jumped the gun with this, they basically just showed their cards and had to shrink back. Expect the GOP to attempt to do anything to dismantle the coalition. McConnell won't give a singular fuck as long as he keeps the senate majority. Arguably, the GOP will be more united because the destruction of Trump's coalition after the loss will be swift and brutal. Democratic squabbling will be much longer, bloodier and protracted. The right will see which way the wind is blowing and fall into line to take advantage of Dem squabbling.

Of course, Dem squabbling will only be on a national level. Local level politics in nearly every state, the Dem machine will dominate with voting machines going BRRRR. The constant failure of Republicans to build any significant local political machines will cause the slow bleeding death of the GOP. Simply put, the modern GOP cannot do political machines as well as the Democrats do, which is why the Democrats never really collapse even when all signs pointing to that they should. This is in large part due to the robust on-the-ground machines they've built. Look towards Chicago and New York and also major cities. Even with Republican held majorities, they actually work more with Democratic machines than their own. See Georgia. This is also largely due to the blurred distinction of neo-conservatives and neo-liberals, who are largely aligned in values but differ in tactics and strategies.

Expect to see a course correction to the blurring of lines between the parties again, as populists from both corners get the bullet. Biden is largely going to be a neo-liberal/neo-conservative extension, blurring the lines between Obama and Bush.

The only thing to save us is another Kingfish:

And yes, I realize he was notoriously corrupt. That's the entire fucking point. He ran a well-greased, well-oiled political machine that ran the fuck over anyone that opposed him. He was also smart and well-spoken and captivating. All of the things that Trump isn't. And Trump doesn't have the machinery. At all. Which is why Huey Long was a Democrat, because he had the machine. See where I'm going?

That being said, I don't think either party will produce another Kingfish. We're basically approaching the era of the uniparty, with IDPol being pushed by all corners to divide and conquer the plebs. Which has been a tactic since forever. So no, IDPol isn't anything new. Its always been a tool of the rich (all rich) to divide anyone not rich. I do not believe there will be any winners except for neo-liberals and neo-cons. I expect the Republican shift to neo-conservatism will occur faster simply because the GOP is less fractionated than the Dems.
Also whenever a single group breaks the balance of power within a society and becomes its undisputed master innovation slows to a crawl, which was the case in almost every civilisation until late medieval Western Europe (after which we smoked the rest of the world with our tech lead so hard we felt guilty over it). Now that we're global, there won't be any external shocks to disrupt whatever order congeals, unless aliens show up to give us our own Century of Humiliation, Giant Meteor stops being a meme, or the Chinese in their typical arrogance do something so shitty that the Chinese puppets running the West decide to cut the strings.

Either that or it's simply the Gilded Age 2: No Frontiers Edition.

Last edited:

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The right has basically frozen American social policy since the 1980s while the rest of the Western World has turned into Sweden. It's amazing that they've managed to hold the brakes on the train for that long. The right's future depends on the ways in which the Left fucks up in their attempt to "make up for lost time" (believing themselves to have an absolute mandate due to the echo-chamber they've built for themselves) . They'll reinvent themselves in opposition to whatever the Left does that pisses of old people.

Calling the core boogeyman of modern society "a snarl word" is like openly calling yourself an anarchist in the 19th century.

Also whenever a single group breaks the balance of power within a society and becomes its undisputed master innovation slows to a crawl, which was the case in almost every civilisation until late medieval Western Europe (after which we smoked the rest of the world with our tech lead so hard we felt guilty over it). Now that we're global, there won't be any external shocks to disrupt whatever order congeals, unless aliens show up to give us our own Century of Humiliation, Giant Meteor stops being a meme, or the Chinese in their typical arrogance do something so shitty that the Chinese puppets running the West decide to cut the strings.

Either that or it's simply the Gilded Age 2: No Frontiers Edition.
America was far, far ahead of Sweden on cannabis legalisation and social policies have changed significantly since the 1980s. Sweden also moved significantly towards the centre relative to how left wing they were back in Palme's day.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I like how you think there's not a limit to what the masses can tolerate, I think we're already close to hitting that ceiling in 2020 if we haven't hit it already.

This is retarded strawmanning from a pathetic wannabe Puritan who thinks the right-wingers of the 1950's were too socially liberal and "degenerate"

Fucktards like you are why the smug fedora-tipping atheists became such a plague upon our society and why the Right will never succeed and why they lost the culture war so badly. Some things really are not worth conserving at all.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
I like how you think there's not a limit to what the masses can tolerate, I think we're already close to hitting that ceiling in 2020 if we haven't hit it already.

This is retarded strawmanning from a pathetic wannabe Puritan who thinks the right-wingers of the 1950's were too socially liberal and "degenerate"

Fucktards like you are why the smug fedora-tipping atheists became such a plague upon our society and why the Right will never succeed and why they lost the culture war so badly. Some things really are not worth conserving at all.
People are still too comfortable though. Maybe if the Great Reset is not a big meme and Biden starts to take away property rights like the AOCs of his party want. People really have to be pushed to the brink so they start to get ansty.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net

The meme is a comedic exaggeration of a real phenomenon: the GOP moving leftwards with the Overton Window. Like it or not, it’s happened. Look at gay marriage - in 2008 Obama was too skittish to run on it, now not even Mike Pence can say anything against it. You’re a moderate lib, so you probably feel comfortable with the nu-GOP’s social consensus. But what if some aspect of the left’s social agenda that you dislike- fill in the blank - becomes so mainstream the GOP feels they can’t reject that either, and you’re left in the cold with dinosaurs like me? We both wouldn’t want that to happen, but I think it’s what will happen.

My opinion is that people generally go along to get along out of necessity, and will accept a lot to get their material needs fulfilled (understandably so). It will take a lot, like pedophilia being mainstreamed, to mobilize a backlash. I think Balkanization between different cultural areas might be what happens.

Trump himself is socially liberal, but his campaign had elements of socially reactionary backlash (MAGA = Make America Great Again = return to an earlier time), and he was seen rightly or wrongly as a culture warrior. It was an element of his populism. The GOP, being cosmopolitan corporatists, didn’t like this and sanitized MAGA for its own ends.

People are still too comfortable though. Maybe if the Great Reset is not a big meme and Biden starts to take away property rights like the AOCs of his party want. People really have to be pushed to the brink so they start to get ansty.
Biden will be a 3rd/4th term of Obama, not communism. The AOC wing doesn’t do anything except manufacture consent for the DNC among left-leaning millennials. “Socialism” as it exists is a Trojan horse for Joe Biden, not the other way around.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing in Biden's voting record suggests that he's going to embark on radical socialism. He's been an establishment Democrat all his career. Most likely AOC will be sidelined for his presidency.
The meme is a comedic exaggeration of a real phenomenon: the GOP moving leftwards with the Overton Window. Like it or not, it’s happened. Look at gay marriage - in 2008 Obama was too skittish to run on it, now not even Mike Pence can say anything against it. You’re a moderate lib, so you probably feel comfortable with the nu-GOP’s social consensus. But what if some aspect of the left’s social agenda that you dislike- fill in the blank - becomes so mainstream the GOP feels they can’t reject that either, and you’re left in the cold with dinosaurs like me? We both wouldn’t want that to happen, but I think it’s what will happen.

My opinion is that people generally go along to get along out of necessity, and will accept a lot to get their material needs fulfilled (understandably so). It will take a lot, like pedophilia being mainstreamed, to mobilize a backlash. I think Balkanization between different cultural areas might be what happens.

Trump himself is socially liberal, but his campaign had elements of socially reactionary backlash (MAGA = Make America Great Again = return to an earlier time), and he was seen rightly or wrongly as a culture warrior. It was an element of his populism. The GOP, being cosmopolitan corporatists, didn’t like this and sanitized MAGA for its own ends.

Biden will be a 3rd/4th term of Obama, not communism. The AOC wing doesn’t do anything except manufacture consent for the DNC among left-leaning millennials. “Socialism” as it exists is a Trojan horse for Joe Biden, not the other way around.
One interesting note is that the last 4 years have seen a lot of states tighten their laws against underage marriage. These are a couple of examples:

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/...ly-news-investigation/8WZqMZmdjJq5dNCSEWEPZM/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-efforts-to-ban-child-marriage-idUSKBN1JI2X9

At state level, paedophilia is less legally tolerated than it was, not more. Whether this is part of a backlash to certain cultural movements is unknown, but if anyone on the left does try to move paedophilia into the mainstream (and Biden won't, as you said he's basically Obama 2: Dementia Boogaloo) the result will just be a rejection of that idea by most states.

Austrian Conscript 1915

Ayyy lmao
kiwifarms.net
assuming that Biden will have any actual and real control of the country. We all know that he's going to see a massive physical and mental decline once in office and that Kamalla will take over. Harris is just like the rest of them. She is totally incompetent; she slept to the top of Californian politics. I don't even know what she would do once she gets the real power because she's just that slimy and insincere.
people literally have no breaking point. You can tell them to do anything so long as they get to watch the fresh prince and be fat at the end of the day.
Maybe if the Great Reset is not a big meme and Biden starts to take away property rights like the AOCs of his party want. People really have to be pushed to the brink so they start to get ansty.
I don't know why libertarians think that the state taking away people's land will start anything serious. I could go over why people wouldn't revolt if Biden started taking away land, but we already have a real world example in south africa where the European population is still largely docile.

PaleTay

kiwifarms.net
Bring back the Bull Moose Party.

I've noticed that there's a huge amount of anti-corporate sentiment around now, so this is the perfect time to deploy red-brown alliance tactics and start pushing for social democratic policies with a strong sense of nationalism. This can pull in disaffected voters from the left and the right alike and form a united front against the neoliberals so many people despise. The successful nationalist movements in Europe are doing this, maintaining basic government public services while opposing mass immigration and cultural distortion. The leader of this movement should be someone with a clear message who does not act like a dick on Twitter.

The obvious evidence in favour of this approach is that Medicaid expansion passed by referendum in the state of Oklahoma, while affirmative action was defeated by referendum in the state of California. Combining "Great Society" social democracy with opposition to identity politics and the critical race mob is a clear winning combination, since the electorate is significantly left of elected officials on economic issues but a tad more conservative on social ones.
That sounds awful in the best case scenario and in that situation you'd also have to have a dynastic party without becoming corrupt, the Left winning even one election would destroy that system as it would likely lead to president AOC being viable. It would destroy anything left of the middle class, and hurt America's ability to contest major corporations and China.

draggs

Kyle Avgvstvs, Antifvs Maximvs. AVE KYLE
kiwifarms.net
What's next?

Red tsunami in 2022, another one in 2024 in America

Globally the political right will continue to benefit from the rise of China and the malaise of Europe

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
What's next?

Red tsunami in 2022, another one in 2024 in America

Globally the political right will continue to benefit from the rise of China and the malaise of Europe
Neither. Democrats will cheat in both of those. Not that they will really need to do so as much as this one seeing as how GOP voters will likely be demoralised by how much their party cucked this time around. I think we're fucked for the next few years until conservatives start to win on cultural fronts and are willing to get as dirty as the Democrats. Until then, no victories.

draggs

Kyle Avgvstvs, Antifvs Maximvs. AVE KYLE
kiwifarms.net
Neither. Democrats will cheat in both of those. Not that they will really need to do so as much as this one seeing as how GOP voters will likely be demoralised by how much their party cucked this time around. I think we're fucked for the next few years until conservatives start to win on cultural fronts and are willing to get as dirty as the Democrats. Until then, no victories.
:disagree:

Strongly. They stole the election by weakening the rules on mail-in ballots to the point that they might as well have not existed, and still broke them anyway, and still almost didn't pull it off. Be demoralized all you want but that is exactly the opposite of what I'm seeing from normie Republican voters.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
:disagree:

Strongly. They stole the election by weakening the rules on mail-in ballots to the point that they might as well have not existed, and still broke them anyway, and still almost didn't pull it off. Be demoralized all you want but that is exactly the opposite of what I'm seeing from normie Republican voters.
Here's the thing about Democrats, they don't rule via democratic means. This mail in ballot thing was a problem in 2018. The most blatant case was in AZ when the Republican candidate was winning until ballots magically appeared from "emergency voting centers" that the Democrats opened after the election was legally over (in the bluest parts of the county, btw). Democrats don't have to win the House. How do you think Obama was able to pass shit even when he only held the House from 2009 to 2013? What they do is focus on a few key races on the Senate and then fill the courts with their activists. Look at Obama's SCOTUS appointees. No philosophy, no ideals, just activists from the bench that essentially vote any way the Democrats want them to vote.

This is repeated on the circuits. Any time the Democrats fail to pass their shitty laws democratically, they go to their friends on the bench to unconstitutionally pass them. Expect the GA runoff to go to the Dems, and then expect the courts to get filled with activists that will pass anything Kamala wants them to.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the thing about Democrats, they don't rule via democratic means. This mail in ballot thing was a problem in 2018. The most blatant case was in AZ when the Republican candidate was winning until ballots magically appeared from "emergency voting centers" that the Democrats opened after the election was legally over (in the bluest parts of the county, btw). Democrats don't have to win the House. How do you think Obama was able to pass shit even when he only held the House from 2009 to 2013? What they do is focus on a few key races on the Senate and then fill the courts with their activists. Look at Obama's SCOTUS appointees. No philosophy, no ideals, just activists from the bench that essentially vote any way the Democrats want them to vote.

This is repeated on the circuits. Any time the Democrats fail to pass their shitty laws democratically, they go to their friends on the bench to unconstitutionally pass them. Expect the GA runoff to go to the Dems, and then expect the courts to get filled with activists that will pass anything Kamala wants them to.
Joe Manchin said he wouldn't vote for court packing or ending the filibuster because he's in a precarious seat in a very red state. They're still 1 vote short for that.