Whats the most exceptional work-related fuck up you've witnessed someone make

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Scandinadian Bacon

Jim Webb 2020
kiwifarms.net
One time I told the chief building engineer to drain the (industrial) chillers because we were going to get a flash freeze and then a sustained period of cold weather. He told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that I needed to learn my place and respect his experience. Here's chiller number 2 a couple days later.
chiller 2 2018.png
He got a raise. Most of you won't make enough money in your entire lifetime to cover the repair costs of this one unit.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Watched a new employee put an antitheft pin on a designer silk scarf that would have, at the time, taken an ENTIRE WEEK'S WORTH OF MY GROSS PAY WITH CHANGE to buy.

Ruined, of course. I seriously about shat a brick before I tried to calmly explain to them that you do not put pins into silk fabric like that, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
Watched a new employee put an antitheft pin on a designer silk scarf that would have, at the time, taken an ENTIRE WEEK'S WORTH OF MY GROSS PAY WITH CHANGE to buy.

Ruined, of course. I seriously about shat a brick before I tried to calmly explain to them that you do not put pins into silk fabric like that, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

>Watched a new employee put an antitheft pin on a designer silk scarf

Sounds like bad management

lurk_moar

Three Time Survivor of the Rona Jab
kiwifarms.net
When I worked at Mal-Wart, it was the end of my shift on second shift. Working retail you buy a lot of shit. Bearing that in mind. The self checkouts were closed for the night and only two registers were open as usual. Waltons cannot afford more “associates”. It cuts into their bottom line too much. The cashier is a fitting room associate with the IQ of an Alzheimer’s patient. The customer in front of me wanted to cash a payroll check. I had to walk the re-re through it. She kept on wanting to press the check key and insert the check into the magical check reader. I had to tell her the action code. For you very fortunate souls who never worked for the Walton scumbags, action codes are things you use to tell the register or the CSM what you want. She still kept on wanting to press the check key even though that key is to PAY by check after totaling a transaction. I kept on reminding her that you have to type in the action code. High EQ saves the day. I remain calm and professional despite my bubbling rage. I finally won. She is finally following my directions. Yes, you need to see customer ID to cash a check. They need to enter a social security number.

TL;DR Grandma whose job title is not cashier attempts to cash a customer paycheck for the first time. Keeps on pressing the check key which is paying with bank check. Doesn’t want to type in the damn action code or follow my directions. Pro tip don’t go checking out at Walmart between 9:50 and 10 PM. You willl have a bad time.

Inflatable Julay

Bing bing wahoo
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't an employee fuckup, but when I worked loss prevention there was a lady who shit out a huge turd on the floor and was apparently oblivious to it, because she looked around like she smelled something and then jumped in shock when she looked down. Told an employee someone had brought their dog in. It was all on the security camera though.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful spring treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Uh, i used to work with a nigga that would dead-ass go to sleep.

In one of my biggest team projects as an IT consultant, our client had an employee who would sleep at his cubicle most/all of the day and snore for good measure. His excuse for sleeping on the job: he didn't have a computer... even though directly across from him at the time was a lab technician that would build PCs to spec for anyone that needed them.

Apparently, Sleeper Dude's original job was phased out as stuff became more automated, so he simply took up space because nobody knew what to do with him and they didn't let him go for whatever reason. Also, it was shared he was a non-compliant diabetic so when he wasn't sleeping on the job, he was on multiple extended medical leaves with awful diabetes complications such as having toes amputated due to poor circulation. I think he saw the writing on the wall eventually and took the buyout that was being offered during my company's time consulting there.

Got told one morning to delete an employee out of the facility access system. You would select an employee from a database, which would pop up a screen that gave you the option of adding/removing different levels of access for different doors. At the bottom there was a "Delete" and "Delete All" button. Me being a wicked smart guy clicked the "Delete All" button. Assumed that meant to delete that specific employee from having access from all areas. NOPE.

I did something similar in my first programming job. Upon hire, I was assigned to work with a specific client and shown how to access the client's test and production environments. I wasn't allowed to move programs back and forth; only my supervisor or the co-owners could do that. Eventually, another client flooded our company with special requests, so I was asked to help the coworker that worked with that client so we could catch up on the backlog. Nobody told me about that client's test environment, so I proceeded to write a program in the production environment and ran it -- deleting a needed master index in the process. One of the co-owners had to fax the client a letter documenting that the index was inadvertently erased and that an earlier-in-the-day backup would be used until the nightly batch processing ran later that evening.

--

Although not an epic fuck-up, it was probably still exceptional in its own way. My first job was that of a stock boy at one of the local hardware stores. Near the end of my time there, one of the owners' adult sons (I'll call S for short) started working there, possibly with hopes that he'd eventually take over the business. S was so clueless that he stepped on at least one bag of potting soil, maybe more, with men's heeled dress shoes -- punching big holes in the thin plastic. Worse, he expected the stock boys to fix the damaged bag(s). Our senior stock boy emphatically told S no and that he needed to fix the holes himself. He then told the rest of us not to fix S's fuck-up.

S seemed disinterested in carrying on the family business as the store was eventually sold when his dad and uncle retired from running it, and the place became an overpriced restaurant.

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This isn't my story but I'll tell it because of how stupid it is.

My friend worked in an ice cream factory. One of his coworkers used materials to make an ice bomb at work and he injured his hand because he was a dumb enough person to fuck around by making an ice bomb during his shift. They fired him for being a liability and he tried to get the company to pay him for his damage, something like that. He was denied because he was a stupid asshole who got injured by his own fault.

That's not the scariest part of the story. The worst part was not only did this guy manage to find a woman to date, he also had children.

2nd story, same company: One of the higher ups hired a cousin to work for the ice cream factory. He wasn't qualified to work there. This guy ended up fucking up his job by stalking a woman and trying to rape her, and I'm pretty sure he got caught on camera robbing a place.

Last edited:

nonvir_1984

Well, that's all, folks
kiwifarms.net
I knew this man who worked for about five years on a project, amongst other work he had to do. A real expert and kinda eccentric but nice guy. Always helpful and respectful. This other cu*nt secretly took over the project, took the credit, even though everyone knew who did the work. Got a promotion. the man who did the work topped himself. It was the third or fourth time this shit had happened to him.
That really affected me and a lot of other people.

Varg Did Nothing Wrong

kiwifarms.net
In my previous job, I once had to sit on the phone for a grand total of something like 12 hours across 3-4 days, wake up programmers and backend sysops in the middle of the night, and do a bunch of investigative work into why a multi-million-dollar client's project management database of tasks and shit was completely fucked. The company was at a standstill for something like a week because nobody knew what was actual work they needed to do and what wasn't, meaning they likely lost a shit-ton of money in the process.

The reason for the fuckup? Nobody had set up permissions in the system and a new hire accidentally deleted one of the near-root-level folders for the company, and then tried to restore it, but in the process they also restored like 6 months worth of deleted shit that wasn't relevant to anyone.

:story:

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net
I got a job at an RV rental company. Mostly just washing the outside of the RV's as they were returned.
My first day was really weird. My manager was kind of rude with me. He spoke instructions in spanish to my coworker (it was his first day as well) and would walk away, knowing full well I didn't speak spanish. We got off on the wrong foot or something, and he felt the need to be rude to me like that.

He told my thicc Swiss boss that I was acting like I didn't want to be there, which was complete bullshit. Something he said to me gave me the hint that they were going to fire me at the end of the day. I confronted him and my boss, actually yelling at them a bit. I kind of felt like crying. It put me in a really weird mindset.

At one point after that, when my coworker was away, I was backing up an RV we had just washed and I hit a metal rail. The bumper was dented and a tail light was shattered. I then moved the RV back to the section of unwashed RV's, picked up the plastic pieces from the tail light, and threw them away.

Of course my coworker eventually saw the damage and we told our manager. I was surprised at how smart this guy was. He pretty quickly deduced foul play, and asked us if it was any of us. I looked him in the eyes and lied. Then, he figured it was an outsourced maintenance guy who had driven his van around the lot that day. He left to confront the maintenance guy (who had left hours earlier to his HQ).

At the end of the day I'm talking to my thicc Swiss boss. We're now having good conversation. She tells how I can stay on the job but my yelling earlier that day really freaked her out. She is so sexy. She asks me if I can come in early the next day to pick people up from the airport. I agree, though I never come and no one calls me. They of course figured out it was me so I couldn't go back. I was on my way to the job, riddled with stress about the whole situation, and it was really freeing when I decided to turn around and go home.

Scandinadian Bacon

Jim Webb 2020
kiwifarms.net
I got a job at an RV rental company. Mostly just washing the outside of the RV's as they were returned.
My first day was really weird. My manager was kind of rude with me. He spoke instructions in spanish to my coworker (it was his first day as well) and would walk away, knowing full well I didn't speak spanish. We got off on the wrong foot or something, and he felt the need to be rude to me like that.

He told my thicc Swiss boss that I was acting like I didn't want to be there, which was complete bullshit. Something he said to me gave me the hint that they were going to fire me at the end of the day. I confronted him and my boss, actually yelling at them a bit. I kind of felt like crying. It put me in a really weird mindset.

At one point after that, when my coworker was away, I was backing up an RV we had just washed and I hit a metal rail. The bumper was dented and a tail light was shattered. I then moved the RV back to the section of unwashed RV's, picked up the plastic pieces from the tail light, and threw them away.

Of course my coworker eventually saw the damage and we told our manager. I was surprised at how smart this guy was. He pretty quickly deduced foul play, and asked us if it was any of us. I looked him in the eyes and lied. Then, he figured it was an outsourced maintenance guy who had driven his van around the lot that day. He left to confront the maintenance guy (who had left hours earlier to his HQ).

At the end of the day I'm talking to my thicc Swiss boss. We're now having good conversation. She tells how I can stay on the job but my yelling earlier that day really freaked her out. She is so sexy. She asks me if I can come in early the next day to pick people up from the airport. I agree, though I never come and no one calls me. They of course figured out it was me so I couldn't go back. I was on my way to the job, riddled with stress about the whole situation, and it was really freeing when I decided to turn around and go home.
Oh. That was really honest of you. I mean your post, not your conduct at work. Credit where credit is due I guess. But you were definitely a complete retard.

Yelling at your boss is never a good idea unless there are sympathetic witnesses and your boss is the one that starts yelling first. Even then...

Varg Did Nothing Wrong

kiwifarms.net

Are you a girl? This entire post sounds like shit girls do.

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net
Are you a girl? This entire post sounds like shit girls do.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the words "yelling". That was what she called it. Obviously it was the difference between my being let go at the end of the day and keeping the job. Imagine your spic manager is speaking spic and not giving you proper instructions, and then tells your boss that you are doing a bad job and acting like you don't want to be there — meanwhile he's gone for the vast majority of the time that you're working, and you're actually doing a fine job. And then on your break he passes you and says "another one bites the dust" before you find out you're about to be fired at the end of the day.

And then let's look at the greater point. This is a an RV rental. I'm not getting paid well. I'm not going to hold composure for that job. The day was more stress than that entire job was worth.

Varg Did Nothing Wrong

kiwifarms.net
And then let's look at the greater point. This is a an RV rental. I'm not getting paid well. I'm not going to hold composure for that job. The day was more stress than that entire job was worth.

you're really glossing over the fact that you broke something and tried to blame it on an Innocent man and then agreed to do a thing and just skipped out on it. You're also focusing a lot on how bad you felt because of what others were doing and acting like a victim.

Take a hard look at what you wrote in your first post. You need to man up.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Guy I went to school with became an estate agent (realtor). He was asked to check that the utilities were still connected at an unoccupied house he was charged with selling.

Somehow he managed to leave the gas on after checking the oven. Later that night the house exploded.

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Working at a cannery I saw a dude drop his pack of cigarettes into the corn separator then reach in and grab for them with long sleeves. Ever see someone's arm get snatched the fuck off as your slapping the emergency stop? It comes out right at the fucking socket and for a split second you can see all the internal workings. He tried to claim he fell in because of the lack of safety rails.

Turns out the cameras worked.

Last edited: