What's the most traumatic experience you've ever had? - Creepy uncles, bullying and bad accidents

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

SadClownMan

Brother Maynard; bring forth the holy hand grenade
kiwifarms.net
There was one time where me and my family was on the way back home and we where behind this truck with a metal garbage can and a metal lid in front of us. My grandpa was trying to pass the truck up because he noticed the can wasn't being held down by any straps and we where at speeds of 70mph. Luck wasn't on our side that day and there was a steady stream of traffic that wouldn't allow us to pass. Low and behold my Pa's suspicions came to fruition and the lid flew off like a Frisbee and hit the window just mere inches from my face (I was in the front seat at the time). My pa asks if I'm okay and I'm stiff with shock the whole time, he then starts to slow down to pull over so he can check on me and then some dude who was texting and driving rams into the back of us and pushes off into the ditch. I thought I was going to die when we went into the ditch because my head jerked forward and hit the trashcan lid when I jerked forward and knocked me out. Luckily I was fine except for a nasty concussion and some glass that got into my face. Could've been a hell of a lot worse, but sadly the truck (2011 Ford Ranger) was totaled, it was a damn good little truck.

snuffleupagus

Figment of your imagination
kiwifarms.net
Found my child turning blue and gasping for air. Had to resuscitate without any help.

That happened with my youngest. It scared me shitless and made me very thankful I’d taken the full CPR/first aid class and knew how to deal with a choking baby. It also prepared me for the beginning of a three year stint as a frequent flyer at the local ER with that child to extract beads, bits of paper, dried beans, and (my favorite) a feather from a cat toy out of her nose and ears. That child has traumatized my hairs grey prematurely.

DrJonesHat

Founder of the Russell Greer Appreciation Society
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think another traumatic experience was when I was in a fight and got my finger stomped on by a guy with cowboy boots. The bone was completely broken and exposed. When I got to the ER, the doc thought they were going to have to amputate, but apparently his specialty in medical school was fixing stupidity-induced injuries and he was able to save it. However, because the bone was exposed, gangrene was a concern, and they hooked me up to an antibiotic IV. As it turned out, I was allergic to that particular antibiotic and when into anaphylactic shock. Cue the same doctor saving my life, and giving me industrial grade painkillers. I was at work the next day. My finger healed, but the nail never grew back, so I'm cursed to stumble through life with nine fingernails.

omori

go the fuck to sleep
kiwifarms.net
Couple years ago I was having breakfast with my family and members of my mother's side of the family. I'm a bit of a dumbass and was eating my pozole a bit to quickly and felt a piece get caught in my throat. I didn't worry about it to much at the moment and attempted to cough it up, as I'd probably underchewed it. Then I realized I couldn't draw in any air to clear my throat. I slammed at the table a couple times to get my parent's attention and they looked at me confused for a few seconds until I pointed at my throat. My mom flipped out, screaming about calling an ambulance but my dad works faster than her and started giving me the Heimlich maneuver. Took almost a minute and a half to get my airway clear again but it felt so much longer, I think I was at the edge of passing out. Nowadays I mildly panic if I hold my breath for too long or put too much thought into recalling how I felt that morning.

Pai

I'll S your D at gunpoint, my man.
kiwifarms.net
When my ex confessed that he had urges to kill me in my sleep and since then, he did make threats to actually go through with it. This was 7 years ago, but I still have nightmares. He still cyberstalks me to this day and tries to get in touch with me or my family members despite me blocking him from everything and telling my family to do the same.

polonium

By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Many years ago an old friend of mine died in a car accident. That morning I was planning on calling him to just say hi, but I didn't. To this day I still believe that had I called him and disrupted his day by just 5-10 minutes he would still be alive today.

I went back to my home town for Christmas a few years ago, and I saw my best friend from school crossing the road, and we hadn't really spoken in years. It was cold and I was waiting on a ride so I didn't call out or say anything and I just imagined I'd catch up in the next few days now that I knew he was in town. Got busy with family stuff, never bothered to get in touch. After I'd left town, a few weeks later he was killed in a car accident - taxi was driving on the wrong side of the road on a narrow country lane and wiped him out, the driver denied it and tried to blame my friend. Found out about it reading the news.

Still get feels thinking that the last chance I had to say something to a good friend I just blew off because it was too hard to walk a dozen steps across a car park and yell his name.

Monika H.

Your friendly neighborhood gravedigger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not as traumatic as some of the experiences other Kiwis shared, but I still regard it as one of the worst nights of my life.

I was at the home of my then girlfriend, and it was a period we were having pretty bad arguments.
At a certain point of the discussion, she goes on the "I'm going to kill myself" tangent and locks herself in the bathroom with a bottle of unknown liquid.
Cue me going in a panic and first try to smash the door open, then go out and climb up the wall(the bathroom was at the second floor) and smashing a window to get in.
Cue finding her slumped over, covered in her own vomit and groaning. The bottle broken in pieces, her hands bleeding because she probably cut herself breaking it.
What the fuck has she drank, that's what I thought. I scream her name, try to get her up, try to find where she has put the key of that damn bathroom to get us out. The phones remained out so I couldn't call for help.
For a good ten minutes, I thought if she dies here I'm throwing myself out that window.
Then the panic subsided and I got more rational, and smelled the shards of the bottle, finding out that it was liquor and not some kind of poison or toxic substance. Still, there was the risk of an alcohol-induced coma. So I rolled her in a position where she couldn't choke herself on her vomit and searched for the key. Did not find it, and being still in a shock I simply sat by her for hours. By 4:30 she started to regain consciousness, to my relief. In the end, she had put the key in her underwear.
She later reassured me it was just an attempt to scare me, but did not take into account that drinking so much alcohol all in one take is actually very dangerous for a girl her age and weight.

She apologizes about it even today, almost three years later, and I joke that the hungover she had afterwards was punishment enough.
I don't tell her that I aged ten years that night, and still have the occasional nightmare about it.

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
To add to the “not be able to read” story. Be kid at my dad first major architect completed project. Showing off the place to my mom and I was walking on the edge of this river that ran up to the front door of the new office complex.

The river was held in by a stone wall that was about the same hight as a bench so people could sit out front next to the water art thing. So being the child that I am let’s walk on top of it. I had done this before I was like 5 or something mom tells me to be careful I stop and turn on the spot where it happened to have the one stone facade piece was not secured to the rest of the wall. Stone slice sides out from under my feet and I fall into the water on my back. Now as I am older it was easy to get out of. It was like I was sitting down but take the chair and rotate it 90 degrees with my upper body underwater. All I had to do was roll to my side and bam out I come.

But I was weak small boi and hand no idea what I was doing and I distinctly remember trying to breathe under water and only getting filled with water drowning myself and I can still see that blue fucking sky only a half foot above my head to the surface of the water. Parents run and pull me out.

Tl;dr nearly drowned myself and good times where had by all and I hate deep water with a passion now.

Eryngium

#Biden2020 #BlueNoMatterWho #RidingWithBiden
kiwifarms.net
I was in a wave pool when I was about 8 or so and a big wave hit me while I was swimming and it knocked me under the ass of some REALLY fat girl (probably 12 yrs or something) who was on one of those gay ass round tubes intended for going down streams.

I was stuck there for a good 10+ seconds (not long, but enough to freak me out) and the bitch made no fucking attempt to move and I was panicking too badly to drag myself out, my aunt then noticed and dragged me out, the fat chick just made a stupid face and didn’t even apologize.

I try to ignore it because I know it’s stupid but seeing fat people relaxing sometimes makes my flight or fight response go off and I get unreasonably angry (I had nightmares about drowning for years after too), I think I got some sort of PTSD from getting stuck under some fat girls ass in a swimming pool :(

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not as traumatic as some of the experiences other Kiwis shared, but I still regard it as one of the worst nights of my life.

I was at the home of my then girlfriend, and it was a period we were having pretty bad arguments.
At a certain point of the discussion, she goes on the "I'm going to kill myself" tangent and locks herself in the bathroom with a bottle of unknown liquid.
Cue me going in a panic and first try to smash the door open, then go out and climb up the wall(the bathroom was at the second floor) and smashing a window to get in.
Cue finding her slumped over, covered in her own vomit and groaning. The bottle broken in pieces, her hands bleeding because she probably cut herself breaking it.
What the fuck has she drank, that's what I thought. I scream her name, try to get her up, try to find where she has put the key of that damn bathroom to get us out. The phones remained out so I couldn't call for help.
For a good ten minutes, I thought if she dies here I'm throwing myself out that window.
Then the panic subsided and I got more rational, and smelled the shards of the bottle, finding out that it was liquor and not some kind of poison or toxic substance. Still, there was the risk of an alcohol-induced coma. So I rolled her in a position where she couldn't choke herself on her vomit and searched for the key. Did not find it, and being still in a shock I simply sat by her for hours. By 4:30 she started to regain consciousness, to my relief. In the end, she had put the key in her underwear.
She later reassured me it was just an attempt to scare me, but did not take into account that drinking so much alcohol all in one take is actually very dangerous for a girl her age and weight.

She apologizes about it even today, almost three years later, and I joke that the hungover she had afterwards was punishment enough.
I don't tell her that I aged ten years that night, and still have the occasional nightmare about it.
The fact that you were willing to go through so much to save her really says a lot about you man. You're a rare breed these days and I got a lot of respect for you. Glad she's okay and you two are willing to joke around about it.

Monika H.

Your friendly neighborhood gravedigger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The fact that you were willing to go through so much to save her really says a lot about you man. You're a rare breed these days and I got a lot of respect for you. Glad she's okay and you two are willing to joke around about it.
Thanks for your very kind words, I wholeheartedly appreciate them :)

Joking about it it's the way to live with the thought of such an episode, but I still have the shivers sometimes thinking of it.
She knows and I think that's why she never pulled another stunt like that again.