What's the weirdest food combo/creation you've ever eaten? - Don't be shy, most of us are americans anyway.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That isn't country ass, that is straight out of a "The commies are gonna nuke us" 50s-70s cook book
Honestly that whole era of crazy foot shit makes a whole lot more sense when you realise how it marked the first point in which ordinary hordes of burgerland residents had access to modern supermarkets and the infinite varieties of cheap and theoretically palatable processed foodstuffs after decades of economic hardships and war cutbacks, and the average family now had more choice in what to cook than pretty much anybody else in human history save the most well stocked royal chefs which led to pretty much the entire culinary scene of this age becoming one gigantic aspic scented mayo slicked labratory to see what worked and what didnt.

I strongly suspect a hell of a lot of the most respected and beloved culinary traditions in the modern age owe a lot to this era of everybody just throwing random combos at a wall and seeing what stuck.

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
Honestly that whole era of crazy foot shit makes a whole lot more sense when you realise how it marked the first point in which ordinary hordes of burgerland residents had access to modern supermarkets and the infinite varieties of cheap and theoretically palatable processed foodstuffs after decades of economic hardships and war cutbacks, and the average family now had more choice in what to cook than pretty much anybody else in human history save the most well stocked royal chefs which led to pretty much the entire culinary scene of this age becoming one gigantic aspic scented mayo slicked labratory to see what worked and what didnt.

I strongly suspect a hell of a lot of the most respected and beloved culinary traditions in the modern age owe a lot to this era of everybody just throwing random combos at a wall and seeing what stuck.
People rag on those aspics a lot but has anyone ever gone through and tried them? Not playing devil's advocate here, I just wanna see some funny reactions

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That isn't country ass, that is straight out of a "The commies are gonna nuke us" 50s-70s cook book

Some of those recipes make me think the commies should have done it.

a6e15310-34ca-0133-4787-0a2ca390b447.jpg

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People rag on those aspics a lot but has anyone ever gone through and tried them? Not playing devil's advocate here, I just wanna see some funny reactions
I somewhat recall there being some youtube videos out there, I know Good Mythical Morning has done some of them in their "games" of guess the decade of this food.

Some of those recipes make me think the commies should have done it.

View attachment 1310125
The thing is, some of them were decent like Jello fruit salad (but that actually makes sense unlike fruit jello + mayo + random veggies). Honestly I think it is what @Judge Holden said "its the first time most people are able to get a hold of these new foods and seeing what sticks" type of thing.

ScamL Likely

IT'S! NOT! EVEN! HOT! OUT! SIDE~!
kiwifarms.net
I forgot about this one:

I sometimes melt a pair of altoids (usually spearmint) into crappy instant coffee to make it less bland. It sounds like 'tard food but it basically works. Adding m‎ilk doesn't hurt either. When I have real coffee I just drink it black though.

peanut butter on a slice of bread. In the middle of one slice, put mashed potatoes, or spaghetti

Once prepared, eat by folding in half (don't do this if your bread is going to split) or make a sandwich with another piece of bread.

these were school lunch experiments, and I like them. After googling both combinations, it turns out I am not the only one.

Last edited:

Cher

kiwifarms.net
Boring compared to the rest of the thread, but vanilla ice cream with chilli pepper sauce. Would reccommend.

I like to have black coffee with almost any food. Pizza is my favorite to have with coffee.
I can't stomach coffee without sugar and cream. Don't know how you can do it.

Aspic dishes can be delicious with done with a home-made broth/stock. Wouldnt have them in the winter, more a summer garden party dish. I think they're fun with the meat/vegetables suspended within them, especially now when most people have forgotten they exist. The only thing putting me off making them is how time-consuming they are to make!

• Feels
Reactions: Orion Balls

horrorfan89

Resident Master of the dark and all things macabre
kiwifarms.net
I boiled almost every organ from every animal sold at the meat section of my supermarket In a soup once. Just a big pot of boiling water and in went pig cow and even some lamb hearts, livers, kidneys, stomach lining aka tripe. My parents asked WTF is the smell while I was cooking it and when I told what I made they asked if I was some kinda ghoul.

Mesh Gear Fox

Don't forget to watch the big give-a-way at 9!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I boiled almost every organ from every animal sold at the meat section of my supermarket In a soup once. Just a big pot of boiling water and in went pig cow and even some lamb hearts, livers, kidneys, stomach lining aka tripe. My parents asked WTF is the smell while I was cooking it and when I told what I made they asked if I was some kinda ghoul.
So, what did it taste like? I've never had a dish with that many offals in it. I bet it stunk pretty bad while cooking.

horrorfan89

Resident Master of the dark and all things macabre
kiwifarms.net
So, what did it taste like? I've never had a dish with that many offals in it. I bet it stunk pretty bad while cooking.
Didn't taste like much. Like homemade soup just with the distinct taste of offal meats. And oddly enough it didn't Smell too bad but I wouldn't go of my way to make it again.

• Informative
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Dialtone

Sticker Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cheese pizza dipped in chicken soup dubbed a "Neo Kobe Pizza", got the idea to try it from SNATCHER and a SA post about it someone made years back; it was pretty tasty honestly and I'd recommend people try it (with decent pizza and soup mind you)

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc
Tags
None