What's the weirdest food combo/creation you've ever eaten? - Don't be shy, most of us are americans anyway.

Trombonista

Yellow slide's for babies!
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always manage to gross out my family by mentioning the pizza with hot dog and french fries on it that I ate in Italy.

Death Grip

Mmmmmn Tasty
kiwifarms.net
Plain spaghetti with Marmite. It actually tastes damn nice and makes for a tasty meal when you're too tired or busy to cook a full on meal.
I do this but I use whole wheat noodles and butter. It's like a cheap noodle pot that you can make at home.

I love peanut butter sandwiches with chicken or bacon.

I have also had pasta drizzled with maple syrup, tasted good stoned, not sure I would do it sober.

Taramasalata I will eat with just about any other savoury flavour. Not sure it would work well with sweet stuff.

And yes to dipping french fries in milkshakes.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Really tame compared to everyone else's, but Knorr's store-bought fettucini alfredo (or Velvetta Mac (or Shells) & Cheese, whichever's in the house at that moment in time), with sliced-up hotdogs, with ketchup slowly mixed into it over time is surprisingly good. Mind, you can't drizzle the shit on the fettuccine because then the ketchup overpowers it, but making a puddle and lightly mixing it into the noodles was REALLY tasty. My extended family seems to be split on doing that though; half pour ketchup out and love it, others think it's disgusting, an affront to God himself, and overall just ruins the dish.

It's not something I'd eat sequentially, mind you, and I can't imagine how fattening and unhealthy that is, but on the really rare occasion that there's the right combination leftover hotdogs and a spare bag of Knorr's from awhile back, it's a nice quick dish to have.

Ciscoipphone

They're GRRREAT!!
kiwifarms.net
I do this but I use whole wheat noodles and butter. It's like a cheap noodle pot that you can make at home.

I love peanut butter sandwiches with chicken or bacon.

I have also had pasta drizzled with maple syrup, tasted good stoned, not sure I would do it sober.

Taramasalata I will eat with just about any other savoury flavour. Not sure it would work well with sweet stuff.

And yes to dipping french fries in milkshakes.
I thought pasta with maple syrup was a fantasy dish that only appeared in movies like Elf

Death Grip

Mmmmmn Tasty
kiwifarms.net
I've never seen Elf so didn't know that was a thing.
It was a one off and it worked while stoned with munchies and a limited amount of stuff in the cupboard

KeepHopeAlive

I'M not in lockdown YOU'RE in Lockdown
kiwifarms.net
I added a couple tablespoons of orange juice to my cream of wheat. I was a kid.

And while I wasn't doing the cooking, my dad would cook all sorts of stuff and he ALWAYS added okra (he wasn't from the south) He made chilis, soups, goulashes and all sorts of un-nameable dishes and they all had okra. Okra became synonymous with the kitchen sink in our kid food lexicon when it came to my dad. We ragged him til the day he died about his #okralove. Funny thing is, his food was awesome, not always replicable, but awesome.

edited: nazigrammarfagisms

• Feels
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

SmokingPig

What is that on the floor?
kiwifarms.net
I made this trippy dish that was like an ultimate poutine, it was red peppers, gravy, french fries, onion rings, curds on the bottom, curds on the top, sliced up cheddar cheese, some scallions, and parpikia as the garnish. Made this for myself in a couple of places that I have worked for dinner, pretty good.

Also if I end up getting Wendy's I like to dip their chicken nuggets in their chocolate frosty. Not sure why, always loved doing that since I was a toddler.

OvercookedBacon

Ever so slightly burnt
kiwifarms.net
Cola and milk, roughly 50/50.
Apparently Penny Marshall liked that also, so it made it into Laverne and Shirley.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Puff

Plastic Inevitable

Varg burned churches, not forests.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This was a friend's creation, but it was so damn tasty (and heart-attack inducingly decadent) I'm going to share anyway:
  • egg salad
  • plus lettuce and tomato
  • on toasted rugbrød
  • which had been slathered with garlic and chive cream cheese
  • served open-face smørrebrød style
Tak for maden, tak for maden, den var vældig god!

Reactions: melty

The Last Stand

When you see all the bullshit unfold...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pizza with ranch. I tried it, wasn't my thing after some time.

Curious Addie

kiwifarms.net
This comes from putting hot sauce in everything, but spicy clam chowder works particularly well. You want to use something hot enough that it doesn't make the chowder vinegary. Also applies to bisques.

Tags
None