What's the weirdest food combo/creation you've ever eaten? - Don't be shy, most of us are americans anyway.

Ryotaro Dojima

A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Steak sauce, Philly meat, folded waffle.

I was doing security at the time and had nothing in the fridge on site, save for this. God damn, it was delicious.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Shiggy Diggster

NadahFingah

kiwifarms.net
I don't know how common it is outside of Amish country, but scrapple is fucking delicious. It's basically pureed pork trimmings boiled with cornmeal and barley flour and formed into a meat cake. Me and my dad both fry a couple slices and eat it for breakfast with ketchup and maple syrup on it.

Haluski is another one I'm not sure a lot of people know about outside of Amish country. Over in Gopnik land it's a kind of potato dumpling, but in my neck of the woods it's kluski noodles and cabbage fried in butter. When I make it I usually fry the cabbage and noodles in bacon fat and eat it with crumbled bacon and a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese on top.

One time when I had nothing else in the house I boiled a pack of pork ramen noodles, threw out the water, mixed in the seasoning packet and fried it with a can of sauerkraut. I'd eat it again if I had nothing else.

In another culinary experiment I discovered that mixing chunky peanut butter with garlic powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes makes a sauce that goes great with every meat I've tried it with.

Mesh Gear Fox

Making plutonium from common household items
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haluski is another one I'm not sure a lot of people know about outside of Amish country. Over in Gopnik land it's a kind of potato dumpling, but in my neck of the woods it's kluski noodles and cabbage fried in butter. When I make it I usually fry the cabbage and noodles in bacon fat and eat it with crumbled bacon and a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese on top.
Yup! In my Polish family that's basically how we make kluski: fry the dumplings in bacon fat and butter with crumbled bacon and sauerkraut. Absolutely delicious.

NadahFingah

kiwifarms.net
Yup! In my Polish family that's basically how we make kluski: fry the dumplings in bacon fat and butter with crumbled bacon and sauerkraut. Absolutely delicious.
I'll have to try it with sauerkraut. My grandma always chopped up boiled cabbage left over from making pigeons for her haluski, and I usually cook down raw cabbage for mine because I'm too lazy to make pigeons.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
People look at me funny for it sometimes but I love me a jalapeno pineapple pizza. Peanut Butter Pickle sandwiches are also good. Green olives in tonic water also. Worst or weirdest though was probably when I decided to get smashed on Jameson and Milk, don't do it. Ever.

Super Hans

kiwifarms.net
People look at me funny for it sometimes but I love me a jalapeno pineapple pizza. Peanut Butter Pickle sandwiches are also good. Green olives in tonic water also. Worst or weirdest though was probably when I decided to get smashed on Jameson and Milk, don't do it. Ever.
I like a couple sweet gherkins with a spoonful of Jif each. It's too much for a full sandwich, though. It's like candy corn where I love the first piece and the tenth is revoltingly sweet.

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Had drunk munchies a while ago and the only thing to eat in the house was spam, hot dogs, cans of beans and Vienna sausages. So I threw it all into a cooking pot and added half of my last beer to it because why not.

It wasn't too bad actually but it'd probably be better to redo it with real meats like Johnsonville brats and actual ham and not the canned crap

salmonjerky

Salutations, Sir!
kiwifarms.net
I honestly think the weirdest thing I've ever eaten was Mac n Cheese on pizza at a themepark.
... I never saw or had it again after that, though it wasn't that bad.

The Spice boi

I live for customer service
kiwifarms.net
Not food, but a drink.

Shot of tequila, shot of Sambuca Galliano and a dash of salt stirred in. I call it the Dick Flick.

Not the worst thing ever (salted liquorice kind of vibe), but will basically liquefy your internal organs

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Was staying at my uncle's house years ago and we went to the shop rite, I asked if I could get a pack of ramen noodles, a package of imitation crab from the seafood section, a dozen eggs, some celery (in place of bok choy) green onions and teriyaki sauce was relatively cheap but actually came out pretty good cooked it all together to try and replicate real Japanese ramen bowls instead of the instant crap meant for weebs

Tags
None