What's the worst fanbase ever?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

What is the worst fandom?

• Sonic the Hedgehog

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anime (in general)

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Heavy/extreme metal music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Little Pony

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Video gaming (in general)

• Steven Universe

Votes: 35 26.9%
  • Cartoons in general (e.x. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon)

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Insane Clown Posse

• Youtubers (in general)

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Card/tabletop games in general (e.x. Magic, D&D)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Capeshit movies

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Other (take your pick)

Votes: 14 10.8%

• Total voters

Henry Wyatt

Only ironically racist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>Who watched it besides SJWs

I used to watch SU,

it has gone downhill though

Undertale's fanbase is pretty shit as well

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
YouTube Streamer Orbiters.

These are some of the most superficial, artificial people on the planet. If they're not commentators, they're Ryan-Seacrest type Vloggers who are too excited about autistic slap fights between E-Celebrities, if not too excited about rumors in gossip which are easily debunked. Politically they're always on the fence about correctness, because they're so scared of outrage cultists, and when they contradict themselves they defend said contradiction to the end. They let their worst enemies formulate their opinions, repeating the cycle of perpetuating rumors in gossip.

Metokur can admit when he's wrong, or dun goofed, unlike Keemstar and Leafy.

Lez

Bitch
kiwifarms.net
The whole Zamii thing had nothing to do with the fandom, it was real life stuff that got to her, so that can't really be counted against Steven Universe. It's still a bad fandom, but I don't think it's a contender for the worst.

I'm going to have to vote for MLP but people who ship real life people together are also weird.

Yeeb-Renzo

kiwifarms.net
I could list off some insane shit some fandoms did in the past, but I think I'll just link you to this channel here, and let you go from there.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How about a list of awful fanbases instead.

Good contenders

-Anime
-Furry
-Star Wars
-Steven Universe
-Youtube/Twitch e-celeb junkies
-Twitch streamer fanatics that donate thousands of dollars

However, I'd say that post-modern art-show aficionados are the worst. They're basically a fandom if you apply every standard.

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMHO, The Metal Gear/Kojima fanbase is pretty bad, especially the SoK and Fred Fuchs. They like to think of MGS as the greatest gift to mankind and deify Kojima, pure fucking zealotry. All that turned me off from ever wanting to play a Metal Gear game.
Glad I'm not the only one that felt that way, the MGS fanbase incrementally got worst during the MGS4 years and after a while they took the Kojima/MGS worship way too seriously as the years went on. The line between a person that casually likes the MGS games vs Kojima/MGS worship is very difficult to tell apart now.

Not the worst, but the Red Letter Media fanbase is pretty bad. The subreddit and Youtube comments are like 90% just people posting phrases from their content and circlejerking each other, it's impossible to have a discussion.
There's a youtube channel called Hackfraudmedia that does better Mr. Plinkett style videos than the real thing, most of the videos have a terrible like to dislike ratio bar because of the RLM fanbase.

Last edited:

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yahtzee. I have nothing against him but I am convinced his fanbase can't form their own opinions and wait for what he has to say first. You ask them why they didn't like a game and they'll just regurgitate his jokes.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say the Sherlock fandom is pretty awful. When you're sending death threats to the wife of an actor because she's getting in the way of the pure and beautiful love uwu that you imagine exists between him and another actor because you can't differentiate between fan fiction, canon fiction and reality, you shouldn't be allowed out.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
The whole "geek culture" thing in general.
Especially the idiots who watch Big Bang Theory and think they're nerds because they laugh at a shitty show with a laughtrack.

MLP, no doubt. Don't get me wrong, there's some okay fans of the show (like, they watch but don't get into the full fandom), but the ones who are obsessed over it are the worst.

I used to be into it a little, but MLPForums just about ruined it for me. Fukken glad it did.
I'd say if MLP isn't the first it's a very close second. The first would have to be Rick & Morty fans. I like the show, I think it's funny mostly because of how fucked up Rick is as a person and his dialog is pretty hilarious. "You fucked with squirrels, Morty!!" was just hilarious to me because the implication that he wasn't surprised at the squirrels running the planet but Morty fucking with them.

A fair number of video game fanbases are like this, ever wonder why Nintendo stuffs always grossly overpriced?

For me, its a toss up between the 90's animation community (Their dream is to transform TV into endless reruns, blue FBI warning screens) and anime, the community that helped to ruin a medium that was once cool.

The "internet car community" is a pretty bizarre fanbase, they honestly believe that stick-shifts save lives. And despite being "car buffs" they actually hate many different car models.
I don't get the stick-shift thing either. I drive a stick and I prefer it to automatics just becauase I've been driving stick for so long. The way they treat people who drive automatics is cringy. Also while stick-shifts used to be more fuel efficient, new vehicles with the much improved auto-trans can get better gas mileage. The cars can shift better than any human can. Just technology has caught up. I do think it's a valuable skill to have but it's not life and death the way they go on about it.

A subset of the car people are the worst: Hypermilers. They are so obsessed about being fuel efficient to the point of being dangerous.
Loved how the creators mocked the fans in the show. I wounder if they got the joke.
Holy shit I forgot about this. Is it bad they had to tone it down compared to the actual crazies?

H

HY 140

kiwifarms.net
Undertale, especially if it's spelled Undertail
Undertale ruined Earthbound, as it caused a nuclear explosion on the scale of Chernobyl in the Earthbound fandom, seriously if i had a dollar for every autistic earthbound undertale crossover or comparison ever made, I'd have enough to buy this site myself.

Don't even get me started on the whole Ness is Sans bullshit, but in short if you believe it you are a retarded son of a bitch.

RIP_SANITY

I DID NOTHING WRONG DOOD
kiwifarms.net
How about a list of awful fanbases instead.
Sonic (I know, already said but worth mentioning again)
Serial Killers/School shooters. (needs no explanation.)
League of Legends. Fuck up in ranked match, and you'll never hear the end of it/you'll get banned.
Counter Strike Global Offensive (at least ranked people) Same as above, if you fuck up in a ranked match, they'll insult you to no end and outright kick/ban you.
Overwatch. Seems to be a bit different in that you get reported just by picking a certain hero lol. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759236825
Essentially, the cases above are players who take the game way WAY too seriously.

Olicity shippers from Arrow.
Probably one of the more specific examples (and it's tied to the "people shipping real life people" fandom) but this one is so bad: the gist goes likes this, people liked to ship Oliver (main char) with Felicity (a supporting char). Around Season 3 and in particular Season 4, the writers started shipping them real bad, to the point Felicity debatably became the main character in S4 and she even dragged her family into the show. The problem is that the quality of the show went downhill as a result, not so much during S3 (the show started to go downhill due to other reasons not related to Olicity) but definitely during S4. It got so bad that the old Arrow fanbase (as in not the Olicity shippers) started leaving the show and r/arrow actually turned into a Daredevil subreddit in protest.
There's a youtube series of videos called "The Downfall of Arrow" which goes more in depth into the issues that plagued the show, and yes, it touches on the Olicity shippers.
The reason why I mentioned it was tied to the "people shipping real life people" fandom is because people legit want Amell (Oliver's actor) to divorce his current wife and marry Emily (Felicity's actress). They even photoshopped them together: https://youtu.be/Fas7WVWJSSU?t=16m25s
Creepy stuff.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
Okay hands down, I 've never seen Arrow but that alone wins by a mile. If you actually tweet to a guy that he should leave his wife and marry a coworker because you like how they play pretend on camera, you're in need of a gassing.