What's the worst part about COVID-19? - HEY LOOK ANOTHER CORONA THREAD

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Unflushable Turd

wholly improper
kiwifarms.net
Being single and living alone at an age where most of my peers are married and/or building their families. Feeling like I've missed the opportunity to find a partner before I've hit the wall. Dating and meeting up with strangers is frowned upon during a pandemic. There's not even any fun "date" activities, everything's closed. It's lonely.

Also working with covid patients, it demoralizing how a lot of them don't improve no matter what we do. They're all alone in their isolation room and I'm their only source of in-person social interaction but I have to limit the number of times I can go into the room for my own safety. They're on high flow oxygen connected to all sorts of awful tubes, we have to force them to lay on their stomachs (the obese folks HATE that) and they get tangled in all the wires, They just sorta get to stew alone in sheer panic for a few days until their lungs tire out and we either tube them or help them die comfortably. Each time I feel like a failure for not fixing them.

I hate the constant handwashing and maskwearing, my hands are cracked and dry and my face is riddled with acne. I stand in the shower for 30 minutes after a shift, scrubbing my skin, hoping I'm not somehow inhaling any vaporized covid virus particles that landed on my bare neck over the course of the day (as if the covid patient hacking on me while I listened to their chest didn't do it)

I also hate that I'm lowkey resentful towards covid patients, like they came into my place of work and are now exposing ME to this shitty virus. Yeah I chose this job but I didn't choose the pandemic. I need the money and I spent all this time and effort training for this role so there's no turning back now. Fucking whatever.

PaleTay

kiwifarms.net
No super/compound sets, probably ever again. Or intense cardio of any sort.

Also, having to breathe in bacteria and fungus in order to go to the gym, due to the impossible task of actually getting a sweaty mask clean. This will also lead to contamination of other areas such as your bag or car.

Also, the people who say "it doesn't effect my workout", because they already do low-weight and low intensity workouts.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How tyrants have overblown a mutated cold or flu into a "pandemic" scare to "cancel" real life and put us "little people" under endless house arrest, make us muzzle up, and of course because Orange Man bad.

There's also the alarming willingness to give up liberty for safety, and this cult-like "Trust The Science" thinking.

Last edited:

Slimy Time

Foot Fetish 2: Electric Boogaloo.
kiwifarms.net
The mask up, take the vaccine, surrender your rights for public health morons. Literal NPCs and government bootlickers, a bunch of subhumans who would like everyone to be as miserable as they are and be good little pod people. That's the worst part of this whole thing for me. Just a whole group of people who should not exist.

Edit: Not so much for me, but for relatives still in education. The education system is mugging everyone off with online learning and subpar teaching at the same price as normal. They are stuck from like 8am to 4pm in front of a computer, lesson after lesson in their room with no interaction with other students or fresh air.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The mask up, take the vaccine, surrender your rights for public health morons.

They don't really question wearing a mnuzzle. They just do it, and often wear it wrong with their noses disgustingly hanging out. I think the muzzles are the worst part of this "New Normal". That and the wrecked economy - which I hear was intended to make people more dependent on globalism. I'm so tired of this circus.

Also can you imagine being born when this scamdemic started and growing up with this muzzle bullshit? The impact on social development this "mask up" insanity has?

Small-arms Supremacy

Boomer appropriator
kiwifarms.net
Knowing that when all the lockdowns finally end, taxes are going to go way up, and that picking up the pieces of killing so many businesses going to take a lot of time..
What pieces will there be to pick up? All the giant corporations allowed to operate through the lockdown like Walmart or Amazon will simply expand into the spaces left over by small businesses.

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Barb's Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
I can't actually think of anything bad about the situation. The scamdemic is awesome because it revealed who's who in the world, all the enemies of mankind openly declared who they are and what their goals are. I am actually happy that God has blessed me with an increased probability of dying in combat when the cops come to take me away to the fema camp

Thidwick

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit you guys are all so depressing. You act like you've been locked in a zoo all year! I'm in a strict state and we still had enough stuff to do open the entire time. Outside activities have thrived like never before. My family has traveled like normal; no one stopped them.

From day 1, everyone knew you could be outside without a mask, as long as you weren't ontop of strangers. I only put it up to run in the stores for 5 minutes. If I was single I wouldn't have stopped dating all together, I would've just been cautious. Did you all seriously sit in your apartments the whole year? Didn't see friends at all? I refuse to believe that.

The only thing I actually agree with is not forcing people to put a vaccine in them, and I'm not supportive of a "pass". Just keep wearing the mask, or stay out of crowds.

Here's your silver lining: be happy you weren't one of the people that got it and are now living with the aftermath. I game with a big group and so many younger people that got it are in bad shape now. Deaths might be low, but we may be facing a huge problem with disability numbers increasing.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
How tyrants have overblown a mutated cold or flu into a "pandemic" scare to "cancel" real life and put us "little people" under endless house arrest, make us muzzle up, and of course because Orange Man bad.

There's also the alarming willingness to give up liberty for safety, and this cult-like "Trust The Science" thinking.
The rapidity and ease in which people just shrugged and rolled over genuinely disturbed me. I fucking hate every second of this shit, but no one else I know seems to care. My little brothers haven't been to school in a year, a fucking year! How is that acceptable in a first world country?