What's the worst song you've ever heard? -

Nykysnottrans

Repeat after me: I am beautiful.
kiwifarms.net
Sucks to get fired on your birthday but this song sucks too:

Youtubers have posted several attempts at making a song about Covid-19 but they have all failed to produce a definitive masterpiece that is the soundtrack to the current pandemic.

GHTD

THE HEART
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get to be topical with this one. Been awhile since I hated a song this much.

Currently number 6 in the US. It's a pudgy Australian girl pretending to be a Jamaican muppet singing horribly over a non-beat. If this come on during my evening commute, it takes every bit of willpower I have not to drive into oncoming traffic.
THIS. FUCKING THIS.

I want to punch the cash register monitor any time this god damn song comes on at work. Worst "white chick pretending to be a black chick" song since Iggy Azalea did whatever the fuck she did.

GHTD

THE HEART
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This turd from the Florida Man version of Nickelback, Shinedown. Seriously, they play this at work and I think it's solely because they're too afraid to play anything harder in the worries they'll offend someone.

Guts Gets Some

Don't lose your way
kiwifarms.net
Purple Rain by Prince.

This is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever heard, and it's one of the most overrated songs ever. Worst of all, it's like 9 minutes long so it feels like it never ends.

Wilted Farm

Professional faggot
kiwifarms.net
Fuck, I hate this shitty band so much. Imagine Imagine Dragons but a lot worse. This song is my personal least favorite but there’s no high point in their discography.
I especially dislike this shitty brand of pop that some people consider alternative. What the fuck is happening with this genre?
Also modern rap is bullshit and sounds the same. I hate it too but I don’t dislike it as much as this Imagine Dragons-core bullshit.

LargeChoonger

kiwifarms.net
I think I've mentioned this before elsewhere, but King 810 is possibly the edgiest band I've ever listened to. The lead vocalist sounds like he's doing a Filthy Frank impression, most noticeably in this song

Wilted Farm

Professional faggot
kiwifarms.net
This is by no means the worst song I’ve ever heard but “Guilty Conscience” by 070 Shake has some of the worst vocals I’ve heard. I discovered this on a music forum and most of the users there seem to like it or at least be indifferent.

mochi

kiwifarms.net
That stupid trampoline song that keeps getting radio play. I haven’t bothered to look up the artist, my apologies.

GHTD

THE HEART
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably already said, but this gem popped in my head all of a sudden. The only butt rock band from the whitest place ever (Oklahoma), Hinder.

Fuck, I hate this shitty band so much. Imagine Imagine Dragons but a lot worse. This song is my personal least favorite but there’s no high point in their discography.
God, FUCK AJR. They screwed over my local rock station because that's all they fucking play now. WMG or whoever these guys get their distribution with HAS to be doing some top-tier payola shit based on how much they get played over here.

At least we got another rock station last year that plays actual good shit, so that's good.

• Autistic
Reactions: Metric is Stupid

Wilted Farm

Professional faggot
kiwifarms.net
God, FUCK AJR. They screwed over my local rock station because that's all they fucking play now. WMG or whoever these guys get their distribution with HAS to be doing some top-tier payola shit based on how much they get played over here.

At least we got another rock station last year that plays actual good shit, so that's good.
This post is some heavy music autism so keep that in mind before you read. For some reason that’s what ClearChannel (iHeartMedia) wants to play on alternative radio stations. If you’ve ever wondered why all radio stations sound the same, it’s because of them. Most mainstream radio stations now are owned by ClearChannel and they basically have to approve of a song for it to become a hit on a format. Some formats rely solely on radio play (Hot AC, Top 40, Alternative) and a song can’t get past a certain point on the chart without approval from iHeartMedia because most stations are owned by them. All stations bar very few exceptions are supposed to play the top 5 on Billboard and promote the songs that ClearChannel wants to become hits. This week’s top 5 consists of artists like Green Day, The Killers, Neon Trees and Cage the Elephant but also an artist some wouldn’t describe as “alternative“: Billie Eilish, whose song was promoted by ClearChannel as she was a developing artist. Grouplove and Tame Impala are bubbling under the bottom 5 in the top 10 along with AJR. It’s a mostly alternative top 10, but AJR got to #8 in only 8 weeks with great gains, not because they’re an alternative artist but because they’re safe to play instead of something risky. A song that they promote will always hit #1 with very few exceptions. In 2019, a song by an electronic artist named Illenium featuring Jon Bellion hit the alternative top 10, but stalled at #3 because some ClearChannel radio stations rebelled against playing it, probably because it wasn’t alternative but some shitty EDM pop.

GHTD

THE HEART
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This post is some heavy music autism so keep that in mind before you read. For some reason that’s what ClearChannel (iHeartMedia) wants to play on alternative radio stations. If you’ve ever wondered why all radio stations sound the same, it’s because of them. Most mainstream radio stations now are owned by ClearChannel and they basically have to approve of a song for it to become a hit on a format. Some formats rely solely on radio play (Hot AC, Top 40, Alternative) and a song can’t get past a certain point on the chart without approval from iHeartMedia because most stations are owned by them. All stations bar very few exceptions are supposed to play the top 5 on Billboard and promote the songs that ClearChannel wants to become hits. This week’s top 5 consists of artists like Green Day, The Killers, Neon Trees and Cage the Elephant but also an artist some wouldn’t describe as “alternative“: Billie Eilish, whose song was promoted by ClearChannel as she was a developing artist. Grouplove and Tame Impala are bubbling under the bottom 5 in the top 10 along with AJR. It’s a mostly alternative top 10, but AJR got to #8 in only 8 weeks with great gains, not because they’re an alternative artist but because they’re safe to play instead of something risky. A song that they promote will always hit #1 with very few exceptions. In 2019, a song by an electronic artist named Illenium featuring Jon Bellion hit the alternative top 10, but stalled at #3 because some ClearChannel radio stations rebelled against playing it, probably because it wasn’t alternative but some shitty EDM pop.
Oh, I know about iHeartRadio/Clear Channel fucking radio over.

Cumulus owns the good alt-rock station in town, and they're no better, if not slightly better than iHeartRadio.

• Autistic
Reactions: Metric is Stupid

TheGreatCitracett

Is bringing a gunn to school... BEWARE!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably already said, but this gem popped in my head all of a sudden. The only butt rock band from the whitest place ever (Oklahoma), Hinder.

As if the original song by Hinder wasn't bad enough, a few months later this guy decided we needed a country version:

In the artist's own words:
20200415_012318.jpg

kūhaku

I've become bored of a world like that.
kiwifarms.net
I don't particularly like Nirvana, but Smells like Teen Spirit has to be one of the if not the most annoying song I've ever heard. It's mumbling trash, I don't like the grunge feel, the instrumental is noisy (imagine that) and not fitting, and it is greatly overplayed. I get annoyed whenever I hear this played, if I hear one more "HERE WE ARE NOW ENTERTAIN US" I'm going to destroy my radio.

Wilted Farm

Professional faggot
kiwifarms.net
Nirvana should be considered the death of rock music as they spawned a lot of shitty imitators (Nickelback, Creed, Puddle of Mudd, Daughtry) that basically killed rock from the mainstream. By the end of the 2000s it was clear that the genre was dead in the eyes of the mainstream. It’s still trying to recover. I could write a whole fucking essay about this shit but that would edge on sperging.

Tags
None