When did you hit peak SJW and why? - Get off the woke train and see through the bullshit that is identity politics!

KiwiFuzz

Super enbyphobic and binarist
kiwifarms.net
I stopped listening to the Woke left when it became uncool to actually back up your arguments with science and facts.

Also, not to go full Ayn Rand or whatever on here, but there's something really unhealthy about the fixation on one's own victimhood. People can feel bad for you or they can respect you, but asking for both is usually too much. Blaming a victim for their own circumstances is impolite, so nobody ever calls bullshit. And the fixation on victimhood is almost never focused on practical solutions because it's not grounded in science or facts.

I've said it before:

The left has Schrödinger's Negro who is simultaneously capable of overcoming any mighty obstacle while also being totally helpless.

Schrödinger's Mexican, Schrödinger's Indian, Schrödinger's Tranny, Schrödinger's Handicapable Person, Schrödinger's Autist, Schrödinger's Fag, Schrödinger's Woman, and so forth also exist but to a lesser degree.

I know shit is hard out there for a lot of people and the system doesn't work for everyone, but there are people alive today who survived Auschwitz. If there are people who did that, you can figure out how to vote and get your coof shot.

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
Back in 2011 when the "Occupy Wall Street" "movement" began, I instantly criticized them for going to a "down with corporations" while they were posting pictures of themselves at said protest with devices they purchased from corporations. Right then and there, quite a few of my "friends" I knew for 25 years + barraged my facebook page with a flood of insults instead of taking the honest criticism. They haven't acknowledge their hypocrisy since then. In fact, most of them doubled down on their insanity.. and now I have literally two friends left who still talk to me.

Cryonic Haunted Bullets

Niemals schlafen! Alles Lügen!
kiwifarms.net
When I was a kid, this was the Left:
  • More unionism and labor rights, as well as basic civil rights.
  • Ending the incarceration of non-violent drug offenders and the use of private prisons.
  • Ending wasteful and pointless wars.
  • Putting a stop to corporate colonialism and globalism and replacing it with alt-globalism that serves the interests of the common people.
And now, the most vocal elements of the Left are like:
  • It’s time to abolish whiteness!
  • The religious right wants to burn gays and they must be stopped!
  • That standup comedian’s act is extremely offensive and I’m triggered by it!
  • These books need to be burned because they contain fash beliefs! BAN DR. SEUSS!
Do you notice anything, here? All of the outlets for the Left’s anger have shifted away from governments, alphabet agencies, shady NGOs, and multinational corporations (the real centers of power) and towards ordinary people, and berating them for their personal choices and beliefs, or even simply for being too trad or too white.
They do give lip-service to "institutional critique", two-faced and impotent as it is. It's just that ordinary people are more affected. because they have less power.

It's a matter of time preference. Changing or dismantling institutions can take months or years, but you can cancel an individual and destroy his life within a single day. The latter gives suhjuhwuhs near-instant gratification; and when you have chronic Media Brain like most of them do, you don't think or care about anything older than a week.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Back in 2011 when the "Occupy Wall Street" "movement" began, I instantly criticized them for going to a "down with corporations" while they were posting pictures of themselves at said protest with devices they purchased from corporations. Right then and there, quite a few of my "friends" I knew for 25 years + barraged my facebook page with a flood of insults instead of taking the honest criticism. They haven't acknowledge their hypocrisy since then. In fact, most of them doubled down on their insanity.. and now I have literally two friends left who still talk to me.
They do give lip-service to "institutional critique", two-faced and impotent as it is. It's just that ordinary people are more affected. because they have less power.

It's a matter of time preference. Changing or dismantling institutions can take months or years, but you can cancel an individual and destroy his life within a single day. The latter gives suhjuhwuhs near-instant gratification; and when you have chronic Media Brain like most of them do, you don't think or care about anything older than a week.
The 20th and early 21st Centuries have been a cavalcade of horrors, from one end to the other.

The Boxer Rebellion’s aftermath extracted onerous reparations from China, collapsed the Qing Dynasty, and set China on a course towards Mao and then the autocratic, Orwellian monstrosity that they are today.

Gavrilo Princip’s pistol brought an end to years of relative peace in Europe. Then, after years of insane slaughter with cutting-edge technology that filled mud-slathered trenches up to the brim with the corpses of young men, we were all struck by the Spanish Flu.

The Bolsheviks murdered the Romanovs in cold blood, betrayed the Makhnovists, and starved millions in Ukraine.

Hitler invaded Poland, beginning yet another dark chapter that ended with the Imperial Japanese having two atom bombs dropped on two of their cities by America and hundreds of thousands of innocent people being instantly incinerated.

The CIA is formed, mainly to hunt down NSDAP gold and whitewash the records of their scientists so they could come work for us. Aside from Wernher von Braun’s rocketry work that led both to the Moon landings and ICBM development, many of the things they did involved unethical human experimentation under the CIA that slotted right in next to the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment. Many of them went to work for Sidney Gottlieb, a man who was best described as a fucking ghoul in a human suit.

Then, after a Korean War that ends in a stalemate that persists to this day, JFK’s assassination sets the stage for an escalation of the Vietnam War, where the CIA’s MACVSOG and the Phoenix Program indiscriminately kidnapped, tortured, and raped thousands upon thousands of Vietnamese suspected of having Vietcong sympathies, many of whom were undoubtedly ordinary people who had absolutely nothing to do with the VC at all.

To quote those who saw what transpired firsthand:

Rape, gang rape, rape using eels, snakes, or hard objects, and rape followed by murder; electric shock ('the Bell Telephone Hour') rendered by attaching wires to the genitals or other sensitive parts of the body, like the tongue; the 'water treatment'; the 'airplane' in which the prisoner's arms were tied behind the back, and the rope looped over a hook on the ceiling, suspending the prisoner in midair, after which he or she was beaten; beatings with rubber hoses and whips; the use of police dogs to maul prisoners.
The use of the insertion of the 6-inch dowel into the canal of one of my detainee's ears, and the tapping through the brain until dead. The starvation to death (in a cage), of a Vietnamese woman who was suspected of being part of the local political education cadre in one of the local villages ... The use of electronic gear such as sealed telephones attached to ... both the women's vaginas and men's testicles [to] shock them into submission.

Charming.

After the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, so many bones were left behind, people didn’t know what to do with them, so they stacked them up to make murals of skulls.

Then, after the Iran-Contra affair, the invasion of Panama and the removal of Noriega from power, the Gulf War, and the completely unnecessary intervention in Kosovo that actually ended up accelerating the genocides by giving Milosevic nothing to lose, we are treated to the spectacle of 9/11, an event that makes fundamentally zero sense from an engineering perspective, which was preceded by the owners of the structures involved taking out huge insurance policies for terrorism, and by various other parties with apparent foreknowledge shorting airline stocks.

This, in turn, was followed by a second Gulf War that eventually killed half a million people and pissed away what little goodwill the world still had for America.

This is just a cross-section of all the armed conflicts, genocides, and other indignities that man visited upon man in that time period. A slice of the whole. Even when people feign helping each other, it’s to extract from someone and exploit them. The IMF offers loans to impoverished countries, conditional upon them accepting Structural Adjustment Programs that are breaches of their sovereignty. These programs usually include austerity measures. Just slash some social programs to pay your creditors, and all will be well. The dictator builds himself a palace with an IMF loan. His people get bitten by malarial mosquitoes and he doesn’t care.

A sizable fraction of the world’s NGOs and charities practice fake philanthropy and essentially serve to exert the influence of their wealthy donors.

And then, to top off the cesspool of lies, degeneracy, murder, human rights violations, and corruption, along come neoliberals, telling you that, in spite of what you perceive as an intolerable state of affairs, everything is good. They tell you, with fake Stepford smiles, that the prosperity gospel is correct, endless growth won’t actually destroy our environment, Rousseau and Leibniz were accurate to say that mankind is essentially good, and that our institutions are fundamentally sound, so long as we can exclude the dreaded “populist heretics” from them. Things are good, they repeat like a mantra. Things are good, things are good. Smile. Look, over there! The Beatles!

The opposite is the case.

We know that things are bad, but whenever anyone expresses pessimism over our circumstances, people lash out at that person. You know why they lash out at them? Because people, by and large, are emotionally invested in our institutions. They are ill-prepared to accept that the institutions that we’ve come to take for granted, worse than merely being corrupt or flawed in some manner, are actually poisonous and actively inimical to human life.

We have a poisonous government no better than a criminal racket. Poisonous food that warps our bodies into corpulent sacks of lard. Poisonous consumer goods that addict us and bid us to become sedentary with their siren song of dopamine. Poisonous ideals taught in schools and colleges where teachers either knowingly or unknowingly poison their students on the regular.

People vote because they think that voting makes a difference. It doesn’t. It never has. No matter who you vote into office, small, wealthy, and powerful special interests will always win over the interest of the common man. Political candidates make all sorts of lofty promises, saying that they’ll put an end to military adventurism and wasteful spending and fix up our infrastructure and stand us back up on our feet, but do they? Do they ever? No. The new guy comes in and he does exactly the same things as the guy he replaced.

Our society has, over the past century, been converted into a vast engine of despair, the only purpose of which is to drip poison into people’s mouths.

A society should serve its people. It should actualize them and help them make their dreams become reality. It shouldn’t poison them in their bed.

Here’s a little spoiler. I’ll tell you what happens next, provided that the Elites manage to stave off disclosure for much longer.

Israel, impatient with a recalcitrant US that is increasingly falling under the influence of foreign powers other than them, takes all the billions of dollars and thousands of pieces of military hardware they embezzled from the US government and rams them through their neighbors’ intestines.

Then, China, realizing that they have no way to win a naval battle with the whole should everyone choose to embargo them and blockade their access to petroleum, will instead continue slowly colonizing the fuck out of Africa, Belgian-Congo-style; there are many natural resources for the taking and the locals have no capability to resist the Chinese, physically, mentally, or otherwise, making them ripe for exploitation.

This will eventually culminate in a resource war sometime by the start of the next decade, during which the world’s wealthiest people, after using the planet’s working people as a stepping stone for decades, will hide themselves away in underground bunkers, hoping to emerge to rule over what remnants of society still remain, Snowpiercer or Mad Max style.

Meanwhile, SJWs are here to save the day. During innumerable crises, the Wokescolds are here to tell you what movies you can and cannot watch, what games you may be allowed to play, what books are verboten, what slang you can and cannot use, what deplorables you must speak ill of and what sacred cows you must worship, and whose pronouns you must respect.

As if such meager measures are what is needed to make the world somehow more just and more tolerable to live in. As if their obsession with political correctness is anything more than a frivolous distraction from the crushing poverty, hunger, violence, and greed that has always consumed our whole world.

I can tell you how to make the world better. You need to utterly shitcan the banks, the special interests, the politicians, and all of our institutions and start over from scratch. The people who have presided over this farce deserve to be rounded up and exiled to a desert island where they can’t harm anyone ever again, but since no one has the balls to do that, we have another century of wallowing in filth to look forward to.

Legoshi

Having a cold one with my boy Jack
kiwifarms.net
The irritating victimhood mentality of activists like Anita Sarkeesian who CANNOT take any criticism that are CONSTANTLY whining and bitching about those who criticised or disagreed with them in the slightest makes it so hard to have any sympathy or empathy whatsoever. There's a need to have a personal army of white knights to defend them and give arsepats when somebody hurts their fee-fees. They're so unable to take any criticism and make a compelling comeback that they just counter it with snark. These SJWS never seem to realise that the more energy you feed to the trolls while saying "They don't bother me". Chances are they're really getting underneath your skin.

reeeeee.JPG
reeeee3.JPG
reeeee2.JPG

reeee5.JPG

reeee6.JPG
reeeee7.JPG

reeeeee8.JPG
reeeeee9.JPG
EUeYcuDU8AASgKB.jpg

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I realized just how much money is in the grift, mostly due to the BLM stuff that happened this summer where the SJWs could not possibly hop on the gravy train fast enough. I had a good discussion with a fellow political science grad about it this summer and he made a good point that activism as a job started with OWS for a lot of these people and that the job wasn't paying that much until Floyd got his neck stepped on. So now they have to keep creating more and more grifts to keep it going. It's the exact same shit Milo and Fuentes and all the right wing fags do too, aimed at the same retarded mouth breathing politically naive audience. Like how many fucking GoFundMe came out of something like "Help a black trans woman activist who has given so much back to our community afford her new G-Wagon" from this summer? Too fucking many. The grift never ends.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The irritating victimhood mentality of activists like Anita Sarkeesian who CANNOT take any criticism that are CONSTANTLY whining and bitching about those who criticised or disagreed with them in the slightest makes it so hard to have any sympathy or empathy whatsoever. There's a need to have a personal army of white knights to defend them and give arsepats when somebody hurts their fee-fees. They're so unable to take any criticism and make a compelling comeback that they just counter it with snark. These SJWS never seem to realise that the more energy you feed to the trolls while saying "They don't bother me". Chances are they're really getting underneath your skin.

View attachment 1983159
Imagine watching two grown-ass women from an affluent country standing before the UN because people said mean things to them online. Imagine them being taken half-seriously.

There are villages in Africa where, if you’re a woman, and the local militias roll on through your thatched-roof shit-hovel, they will ram an AK-47 barrel right up your pussy, the bayonet lug and sight post ripping a hole between your cunt and your rectum and causing a rectovaginal fistula that makes you shit from your pussy for the rest of your life.

But never mind that. Someone said mean things about Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn online, and this is a terrible threat to the sanctity of womanhood.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I want people to savor the extreme irony of what is happening here:

Two women from an affluent country are petitioning an organization that rapes people, complaining about gamers online who are merely criticizing them and never laid a finger on them.

Oh, you didn't know the UN rapes people? Because they do. They rape lots and lots of people, as a matter of fact.

This must be what people talk about when they say we're living in a goddamn Clown World.

Mealy Mouth Spittle

kiwifarms.net
Troons. I was disillusioned with Obama, but hadn't fully given up on Democrats at that point. Troons pushed me over the edge. Biden calling troon's rights the "civil rights of our time" disgusted and shocked me. The BLM riots during the middle of a pandemic and how they made excuses for that was the nail in the coffin. I realized there wasn't just a slippery slope -- it was a nosedive off a cliff. Critical race theory + troons turned an old lady from a lifelong SJWish liberal into a "maybe the fundies were right all along" probably going to vote Republican for the first time in my life kind of person.

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
Bumping the whole "they deny facts" thing again.

Was watching the Piers Morgan/Good Morning Britain thing with Meghan Markle & "Its factually incorrect to say hes not a prince because of his skin color, hes a duke by proxy of being nephew of the heir apparent- it has nothing to do with his skin color"

>Yes, but Meghan Markles lived experience is that it was because of his skin color

Fucking lived experience shit. Its the same equivalent as an evangelical just resorting to belief in the 90s, just now its the left doing this.

I really hate these people. Add in the gender war side of sjws too and denying gender science, it just bums me out that this is what "left wing" politics is now rendered into.

Know what else is fun? Toronto banned outdoor gatherings of 10 or more people from the fall onwards because its not safe, but during the summer people were allowed to march shoulder to shoulder in the thousands for BLM and it was apparently not a big risk. I hate overuse of the clownworld trope, but its appropriate when people just blatantly ignore or try and warp science or facts however they want

Mix Me a Molotov!

Singing in the Subway
kiwifarms.net
Bumping the whole "they deny facts" thing again.

Was watching the Piers Morgan/Good Morning Britain thing with Meghan Markle & "Its factually incorrect to say hes not a prince because of his skin color, hes a duke by proxy of being nephew of the heir apparent- it has nothing to do with his skin color"

>Yes, but Meghan Markles lived experience is that it was because of his skin color

Fucking lived experience shit. Its the same equivalent as an evangelical just resorting to belief in the 90s, just now its the left doing this.
At that point in the interview I truly found myself contemplating whether my fist could go clean through my LCD TV screen and out the other side.

It neatly summed up how facts are utterly irrelevant to the SJW contingent, and thus how utterly futile it is to either engage with them or give any credence to their diahorritc, infantile; victimhood oneupmanship.

Governor Jeb Bush

43rd Governor Of Florida
kiwifarms.net
When I was a kid, this was the Left:
  • More unionism and labor rights, as well as basic civil rights.
  • Ending the incarceration of non-violent drug offenders and the use of private prisons.
  • Ending wasteful and pointless wars.
  • Putting a stop to corporate colonialism and globalism and replacing it with alt-globalism that serves the interests of the common people.
And now, the most vocal elements of the Left are like:
  • It’s time to abolish whiteness!
  • The religious right wants to burn gays and they must be stopped!
  • That standup comedian’s act is extremely offensive and I’m triggered by it!
  • These books need to be burned because they contain fash beliefs! BAN DR. SEUSS!
Do you notice anything, here? All of the outlets for the Left’s anger have shifted away from governments, alphabet agencies, shady NGOs, and multinational corporations (the real centers of power) and towards ordinary people, and berating them for their personal choices and beliefs, or even simply for being too trad or too white.

I find it striking just how convenient this is for those in power. It’s as if they’ve pitted left-populists and right-populists against each other on purpose, to distract everyone while they plunder our economies.

Gary Webb was fundamentally correct. The CIA smuggled cocaine across the border in vans and turboprop planes. Worse. The CIA tortured people in Gitmo by shoving puréed food up their asses when they tried hunger-striking. Basically anal rape of detainees who were never actually charged with a crime. Many detainees in Gitmo were given to the CIA by warlords in exchange for bounties. Those warlords often grabbed random innocent people off the street to give to us. These people were then literally tortured and raped into making false confessions that they engaged in terrorist activity. That is our CIA. That is what they do to people. This has all been extensively documented.

SJWs would have you believe that the biggest threats to civilization are the racist imagery in old children’s books and the low necklines of Dead or Alive characters. Their worldview is remarkable for how it pirouettes off into a million different frivolities that threaten absolutely zero of the land pirates who run the disgusting kakistocracies we live in.
Truest shit I've read on here. :drink:🥂

I still strongly identify with the old-school left wing politics (Anti-war, etc) now the shit seems to just be race baiting and calling everyone a nazi.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Truest shit I've read on here. :drink:🥂

I still strongly identify with the old-school left wing politics (Anti-war, etc) now the shit seems to just be race baiting and calling everyone a nazi.
Nowadays, if you say that foreign policy is important to you, some so-called progressives will offer the rejoinder “What, you mean like Tulsi Gabbard? Lol.”

The selfishness is astounding. Everyone has been brainwashed by the media and by their college professors to only give a fuck about domestic issues, and only frivolous domestic issues. The focus is always on negative rights that cost the corpos nothing. Any time people start discussing better wages, the unthinkable burden that educational debt has placed on an entire generation, and the declining home ownership of younger people, some fuckhead re-orients the conversation towards LGBT issues. They push LGBT for multiple reasons. One, it costs the powers-that-be absolutely nothing. Two, it makes corporations that get most of their goods from sweatshops and promote a throwaway culture look like champions of human rights. Three, it serves as a form of population control. Too many straights who want to own homes and start families? That irks the people in power. Not to powerlevel too much, but I’m not exactly straight myself, and even I can see what the corpos are doing and why it’s plainly wrong. Seriously. Is no one even slightly unsettled by the armies of misguided queers who are being corralled into spewing manicured messages from the likes of Nike, Monsanto, and Walmart?

Behind every SJW, there stands a brain-dead neoliberal, holding their leash and spouting Panglossian inanities about the sanctity of our rotten institutions. SJWs are phony revolutionaries and serve as the attack dogs of the utterly sociopathic third-way centrists who run our centers of finance and business. This is a scam. All of us are being played. Left-wing populists, right-wing populists. All of us.

The progressives I knew pushed me aside, because I was willing to talk to the far-right and didn’t see them as enemies at all. There are working people in one bloc, and there are the corporations and politicians in the other. That’s reality. They know this, and so, they inject race, gender, and sexuality into the mix over and over to create enmity between working-class people who would otherwise organize against the politicians, the corpos, and the institutions they have spent years hijacking from us.

Carmen Segarra tapes Goldman Sachs employees stroking their money-boners while bragging that the law doesn’t apply to them, and she gets fired. Daphne Galizia reports on the Panama Papers and corruption in Malta, and she dies in a car bombing. Julian Assange shows the whole world how deep the rabbit hole goes and how corrupt our governments are, and the powerful murderers, thieves, and rapists who rule over us decide to hold a Kafkaesque trial where he’s walled off in a plastic booth for being a supposed danger to society.

The inmates are running the goddamn asylum. Everyone who has posed even the most remote threat to this disgusting system has been pursued, imprisoned, or murdered without remorse.

But never mind that. All that is unimportant. There are far more pressing matters to attend to. Some cartoon character has C-cup breasts and may give the audience an erection, and that portrayal of a gay man over there is wildly offensive and inappropriate, and this standup comic over here punched down and used a racial slur to try and make people laugh.

I know who’s laughing at all of us.

Faket0Fake

Handsome Prince
kiwifarms.net
Probably while I was in college and got involved in activism. There are causes I do believe are worth fighting for, there are also causes that seem good on paper until you meet the people involved in it. I was mostly into student's rights, equal opportunities for education and so on. I figured out before long that it was a popularity contest , the people at the top of the pile running these protest groups were all rich kids with nice clothes, cars and money. Probably the time I decided to get away from all that stuff is when causes were being chosen based on how in fashion they were and which of the popular kids was into it. I was trying to push for something to better support disabled students to get an education and I was outvoted for another feminist protest to get women free laptops or something.

As a female and a lesbian I was all for various causes that affect me. I was into the push to get more CCTV around campus and addressing sexual assaults, it seemed like the right thing to do. I just couldn't understand why more women's services were needed when we already had many by that point, most of them just seemed more interested in seeing how much they could get the college to give. Then certain other things got more and more popular in the mainstream media and I became more and more dejected with many of those people. Gamergate opened the floodgates of the stupidity that would follow as people figured out they could gain clout and money. That's all the SJW stuff boils down to, it's just a cash grab. Same as conspiracy theorists writing books, sceptics and anti SJW's on Youtube and so on. Most of them probably don't believe most of the shit they talk about.

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
2016 was the turning point. I was never really a full SJW, but I was a fellow traveler. First, Cologne went down and the media cover up was pretty sickening. What really broke me though was how the left reee'd about Brexit and started saying that voters were too stupid to be permitted to vote on such an impactful issue, yet at the same time pretending as if they were champions of democracy and the people.

Bad Take Crucifier

It was the most unholy thing I had ever seen
kiwifarms.net
@Drain Todger I'm really enjoying your posts in this thread. These are some high quality take-downs.

Going back to 2010-ish, you got me thinking about how it was way too easy for SJW's to grift.

I have a strong memory of Anita Sarkeesian changing the landscape of sites dominated by women in the late 2000s/early 2010s, like tumblr. A minority of girls and women who actually consumed games and comics were completely drowned out by casuals and passer-by's who didn't know shit about the genres (Kind of like Anita, the grifter she is). But they collectively felt wronged by men so the grift worked fast. Anita just filled this gap that catered specifically to certain girls in a very self-serving way, and it was extremely difficult for anyone to bring up even the basic flaws in what she was doing, without being attacked for misogyny--even if you were a woman criticizing her.

Anita doesn't understand games, she isn't a gamer. Yet she played a pivotal role in the ability for games journalists to justify Gamergate; she teamed up with Zoe Quinn, and Brian "Brianna" Wu, who also have shitty story-telling skills.

I really wish that the women who actually played games, with an actually INFORMED critique on the industry, were boosted up by the games journalists in 2010. But that's not controversy, so they'll always favor the gender studies majors who don't play games, and the "female game devs" who have literally never released a real video game... SJW grifting, gamergate, all of that was insanely profitable and every media company had a finger in the pie. They still won't let the corpse of Gamergate be buried. Fuck.

Seeing this in 2009-2010 made me start to dislike tumblr feminism SJW crowds. I support strong female roles, but here we are in 2021 and Gina Carano was fired for the dumbest reasons. (Gina made references to Jews and being persecuted, but no one cares that Disney works with China, who torture Uyghurs... seems legit). But hey, Zoe Quinn still gets free money though. Yeah. Fuck these grifters.

Soulless4510

kiwifarms.net
Nowadays, if you say that foreign policy is important to you, some so-called progressives will offer the rejoinder “What, you mean like Tulsi Gabbard? Lol.”

The selfishness is astounding. Everyone has been brainwashed by the media and by their college professors to only give a fuck about domestic issues, and only frivolous domestic issues. The focus is always on negative rights that cost the corpos nothing. Any time people start discussing better wages, the unthinkable burden that educational debt has placed on an entire generation, and the declining home ownership of younger people, some fuckhead re-orients the conversation towards LGBT issues. They push LGBT for multiple reasons. One, it costs the powers-that-be absolutely nothing. Two, it makes corporations that get most of their goods from sweatshops and promote a throwaway culture look like champions of human rights. Three, it serves as a form of population control. Too many straights who want to own homes and start families? That irks the people in power. Not to powerlevel too much, but I’m not exactly straight myself, and even I can see what the corpos are doing and why it’s plainly wrong. Seriously. Is no one even slightly unsettled by the armies of misguided queers who are being corralled into spewing manicured messages from the likes of Nike, Monsanto, and Walmart?

Behind every SJW, there stands a brain-dead neoliberal, holding their leash and spouting Panglossian inanities about the sanctity of our rotten institutions. SJWs are phony revolutionaries and serve as the attack dogs of the utterly sociopathic third-way centrists who run our centers of finance and business. This is a scam. All of us are being played. Left-wing populists, right-wing populists. All of us.

The progressives I knew pushed me aside, because I was willing to talk to the far-right and didn’t see them as enemies at all. There are working people in one bloc, and there are the corporations and politicians in the other. That’s reality. They know this, and so, they inject race, gender, and sexuality into the mix over and over to create enmity between working-class people who would otherwise organize against the politicians, the corpos, and the institutions they have spent years hijacking from us.

Carmen Segarra tapes Goldman Sachs employees stroking their money-boners while bragging that the law doesn’t apply to them, and she gets fired. Daphne Galizia reports on the Panama Papers and corruption in Malta, and she dies in a car bombing. Julian Assange shows the whole world how deep the rabbit hole goes and how corrupt our governments are, and the powerful murderers, thieves, and rapists who rule over us decide to hold a Kafkaesque trial where he’s walled off in a plastic booth for being a supposed danger to society.

The inmates are running the goddamn asylum. Everyone who has posed even the most remote threat to this disgusting system has been pursued, imprisoned, or murdered without remorse.

But never mind that. All that is unimportant. There are far more pressing matters to attend to. Some cartoon character has C-cup breasts and may give the audience an erection, and that portrayal of a gay man over there is wildly offensive and inappropriate, and this standup comic over here punched down and used a racial slur to try and make people laugh.

I know who’s laughing at all of us.

Well I know Edward Bernays is

ed.jpg

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
I wrote this over a year ago in response to "Why I am a 'liberal' article...I posted this on a [now] former friends facebook page. Instead of actually reading what I wrote and responding to it.. she called me all sorts of names and instanly unfriended me on and off line.

Why I am no longer Liberal.​

This is my reply to this article "Why I am a liberal" that I just had to respond to. And I used to be a liberal until Trump was elected.
  • I believe a country should take care of its weakest members. A country cannot call itself civilized when its children, disabled, sick, and elderly are neglected. PERIOD.
I do agree that society should take care of itself. I don't think the government should take care of the people directly. That always leads to actual Fascism. America is still, to this very day, the most generous/charitable country in the free world. There is nothing stopping anyone from being charitable anyone. In fact, that's what tax incentives are for. I have been literally homeless a couple of times in my life. Rarely did I see any liberals donating their actual physical presence to a homeless shelter or handing out food/clothing to us. It did happen, but it was incredibly rare. 99% of the people donating their time to serve food, hand out blankets ectera to the homeless were religious/conservative people.
Often times, a conservative person would invite me to sleep on their couch and take a shower for the night. Want to end homelessness? Invite a homeless person into your house. Just don't make everyone else have to pay more taxes. (we can get into “affordable” housing later.)

• I believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Somehow that’s interpreted as “I believe Obamacare is the end-all, be-all.” This is not the case. I’m fully aware that the ACA has problems, that a national healthcare system would require everyone to chip in, and that it’s impossible to create one that is devoid of flaws, but I have yet to hear an argument against it that makes “let people die because they can’t afford healthcare” a better alternative. I believe healthcare should be far cheaper than it is, and that everyone should have access to it. And no, I’m not opposed to paying higher taxes in the name of making that happen.
Guess what, healthcare is a right in America. It has been for 50 years. Hospitals must provide care for you when you enter their premises for their services, they cannot deny you if you cannot pay. When you say health care is a right, we already have it.
Mandatory insurance always backfires. Look at car insurance; the rates are fixed (legally) so you have to pay no matter how much you complain how high the price is. Plus, government run programs run into bureaucracy, Doctors will have more regulations on how and what they can say (and not say) to patients This will instantly reduce the effectiveness and quality of our actual healthcare. Higher taxes will result in us having less money in our bank account, while paying for bad service in perpetuity.
How is this beneficial to everyone?

• I believe education should be affordable. It doesn’t necessarily have to be free (though it works in other countries so I’m mystified as to why it can’t work in the US), but at the end of the day, there is no excuse for students graduating college saddled with five- or six-figure debt.
Andrew Yiang and many other democrats talked about a viable – and tax-less solution to this issue. Trade Schools. There are too many college graduates and not enough positions to fill with those degrees. However, there is a huge shortage of welders, electricians ectera. Plus, every time liberals suggest and pass legislation to “help” this issue, it has the distinct and consistent problem of backfiring. President Obama passed a bill that helped college loan companies to charge higher interest...and Universities and colleges in the US to raise their rates. You need to step back and assimilate all the data around this (and every ) issue before you charge in.

• I don’t believe your money should be taken from you and given to people who don’t want to work. I have literally never encountered anyone who believes this. Ever. I just have a massive moral problem with a society where a handful of people can possess the majority of the wealth while there are people literally starving to death, freezing to death, or dying because they can’t afford to go to the doctor. Fair wages, lower housing costs, universal healthcare, affordable education, and the wealthy actually paying their share would go a long way toward alleviating this. Somehow believing that makes me a communist.
Yes, you do believe that our money should be given to people who don't work. Welfare is exactly that. It has been designed to encourage and promote people to stay on it for as long as humanly possible. America how has 5 generations of families who have been perpetually and exclusively on welfare.
Regarding the people who have most the wealth line is old. I can easily cite plenty of independent wealthy people (Bill Gates for one) who uses the tax incentives to help people. There is a billionare in Florida who paid for black kids college tuition in full. Yes, the Walton's hoard all their money. They also benefit from food stamps actually. That's why they can give mos their employees just below full time so they don't have to pay benefits.. or a full time paycheck, they rely on food stamps as they will get the money back. ..I hope you get the idea here how welfare has not worked...
Yes, believing that we should be a welfare state does make you a Communist.

• I don’t throw around “I’m willing to pay higher taxes” lightly. If I’m suggesting something that involves paying more, well, it’s because I’m fine with paying my share as long as it’s actually going to something besides lining corporate pockets or bombing other countries while Americans die without healthcare.
However, I am not willing to pay MY hard earned money for programs I find harmful.
I do agree that there should be fewer government subsidies to agriculture, auto industry, oil industry...and the arts. The government should not bail out anyone. Our economy has becomes dependent upon itself already. Time for us to cut the strings of dependency.

• I believe companies should be required to pay their employees a decent, livable wage. Somehow this is always interpreted as me wanting burger flippers to be able to afford a penthouse apartment and a Mercedes. What it actually means is that no one should have to work three full-time jobs just to keep their head above water. Restaurant servers should not have to rely on tips, multibillion-dollar companies should not have employees on food stamps, workers shouldn’t have to work themselves into the ground just to barely make ends meet, and minimum wage should be enough for someone to work 40 hours and live.
Once again, the government should not mandate how private industry should run itself (at least with wages) We did have a minimum wage” set 50 years ago. But today, its a wholly different economy structure. Raising the wage to 15$ (or more) an hour has backfired. Small businesses had to close their doors because what most people ( i.e. liberals) don't know is that a company (big or small) has to pay at least double the wages for taxes and insurance on each worker. Raising the wage to at least 15$ an hour will bankrupt a lot of small business.. or at least force them to close their doors.

• I am not anti-Christian. I have no desire to stop Christians from being Christians, to close churches, to ban the Bible, to forbid prayer in school, etc. (BTW, prayer in school is NOT illegal; *compulsory* prayer in school is – and should be – illegal). All I ask is that Christians recognize *my* right to live according to *my* beliefs. When I get pissed off that a politician is trying to legislate Scripture into law, I’m not “offended by Christianity” — I’m offended that you’re trying to force me to live by your religion’s rules. You know how you get really upset at the thought of Muslims imposing Sharia law on you? That’s how I feel about Christians trying to impose biblical law on me. Be a Christian. Do your thing. Just don’t force it on me or mine.
Being an atheist myself, I used to agree with this, until I learned that recently it has been a small handful of localized incidences that draw most the attention. Yes, there must be a wall of Church and State. I agree, they should not be allowed to put up the 10 commandments on government property. However, I have learned that screaming and shouting at them only encourages more believers to raise the stakes – plus, it seems to draw more Christians to come out of the woodwork and generate more controversy. This is a slippery slope for me.

• I don’t believe LGBT people should have more rights than you. I just believe they should have the *same* rights as you.
I will keep referring to the Civil Rights act of 1964 here. BTW, the only reason Democrats voted for it back then was that LBJ had blackmailed most of them into it. A majority of democrats were strongly opposed to it. You are not the party of tolerance and acceptance.
PS, yes, it took almost 10 years after that to get gay rights, but the supreme court did amend the Civil rights act. Today, everyone does have equal protection under the law. Any more “rights” today would be actually special rights. This is coming from a gay man who has not lived to be oppressed at all by the law in his lifetime.

• I don’t believe illegal immigrants should come to America and have the world at their feet, especially since THIS ISN’T WHAT THEY DO (spoiler: undocumented immigrants are ineligible for all those programs they’re supposed to be abusing, and if they’re “stealing” your job it’s because your employer is hiring illegally). I’m not opposed to deporting people who are here illegally, but I believe there are far more humane ways to handle undocumented immigration than our current practices (i.e., detaining children, splitting up families, ending DACA, etc).
There is so much here to unpack, I'll have to write a full 5 separate pages to debunk this...
I will say that there are actually too many people who do come here and live off welfare. Too many people are crying “refugee” status, when they really want to take a shortcut to legal immigration. Ask any actual person who's become a citizen the legal route and they will tell you that in fact, most the “dreamers” you are supporting do want to take a short cut and mooch off us and nothing more. Once again, you need to look fully into this situation before you keep crying fowl.

• I don’t believe the government should regulate everything, but since greed is such a driving force in our country, we NEED regulations to prevent cut corners, environmental destruction, tainted food/water, unsafe materials in consumable goods or medical equipment, etc. It’s not that I want the government’s hands in everything – I just don’t trust people trying to make money to ensure that their products/practices/etc. are actually SAFE. Is the government devoid of shadiness? Of course not. But with those regulations in place, consumers have recourse if they’re harmed and companies are liable for medical bills, environmental cleanup, etc. Just kind of seems like common sense when the alternative to government regulation is letting companies bring their bottom line into the equation.
Believe it or not, this is where I mostly agree, I don't like that Trump has essentially dismantled the EPA. However, I will ask again, do you honestly believe that standing outside the white house yelling and screaming at politicians who have wanted the EPA removed since it's inception will change their minds? I also did not like that every president since FDR has slowly removed most the regulations on Banks and Wall Street since he the day after he died. Reagan removed most the effective ones that helped us see a near identical repeat of the 1929 crash.
Once again, have you seen ANYONE who supports those ideas change their minds because of your constant tantrums for the past 50 years? Plus, the founders of Greenpeace 50 years ago split up right ater it formed because one of them said we should not present exaggerations/lies to the public. The other co-founder said (paraphrasing here) that they need to play the same game to get the public's attention.
If you look back at the history of Climate Change/Global warming, there has been a trend of predicting "doom and gloom" every 5 years. The year before the hole in the ozone layer was to be totally diminished, a new "doom and gloom " prediction appeared. This trend has not gone unnoticed by the public.
Do you honestly believe that the “New Green Deal” is helpful? That loony, stupid woman, AOC has no clue how counter productive her initiative is. She wants to ban all fossil fuel use within a 10 year period. This part alone in her plan will devastate the global economy. Not to mention wreak havoc on the environment. I could point out more flaws in her terrible plan, but that is for another argument.

• I believe our current administration is fascist. Not because I dislike them or because I can’t get over an election, but because I’ve spent too many years reading and learning about the Third Reich to miss the similarities. Not because any administration I dislike must be Nazis, but because things are actually mirroring authoritarian and fascist regimes of the past.
BWHAHAHA... nope. A real Fascist would have taken control of all media. Trump has not done that. That alone automatically makes him not even close to an actual Fascist. Maybe you should look up exactly what “FASCIST” means before you keep throwing it around.
Period.

• I believe the systemic racism and misogyny in our society is much worse than many people think, and desperately needs to be addressed. Which means those with privilege – white, straight, male, economic, etc. – need to start listening, even if you don’t like what you’re hearing, so we can start dismantling everything that’s causing people to be marginalized.
There is rampant Misogyny and Misandry from the left (i.e. “If you don't vote for a woman, you're a “misogynist” ...)
Liberals keep harping on the word “privilege” Again, liberals need to stop using words they don't fully comprehend.

• I am not interested in coming after your blessed guns, nor is anyone serving in government. What I am interested in is sensible policies, including background checks, that just MIGHT save one person’s, perhaps a toddler’s, life by the hand of someone who should not have a gun. (Got another opinion? Put it on your page, not mine).
Yes, you are interested in taking everyone else's guns away. We already have far too many regulations with guns, It is not easy to buy a gun today. Thankfully, Covid lock-downs exposed this liberal lie. Regulations do not follow people around every day..but you think they should; we call that actual fascism.
PS, I don't personally own a gun ..nor wish to. But I do not see how more regulations will help.

• I believe in so-called political correctness. I prefer to think it’s social politeness. If I call you Chuck and you say you prefer to be called Charles I’ll call you Charles. It’s the polite thing to do. Not because everyone is a delicate snowflake, but because as Maya Angelou put it, when we know better, we do better. When someone tells you that a term or phrase is more accurate/less hurtful than the one you’re using, you now know better. So why not do better? How does it hurt you to NOT hurt another person?
Political Correctness” is Fascism disguised as manners”
George Carlin.
You believe in actual Fascism ...not respect. You want to mandate, legally, what people can do say and think.. Tell me how that is NOT Fascism exactly?? Legally mandating – or even personally mandating) what everyone can or cannot say is a direct violation of our First Amendment.
PERIOD.

• I believe in funding sustainable energy, including offering education to people currently working in coal or oil so they can change jobs. There are too many sustainable options available for us to continue with coal and oil. Sorry, billionaires. Maybe try investing in something else.
I used to believe that all the “Alternative energy” was going to help, but when I started to ACTIVELY LISTEN to my conservative friends, I started to read that Solar panels don't last longer than 15 or 20 years tops. They are made from materials that are not produced by “organic” or “alternative energy” sources. They take up a lot of land mass. The used up panels generate waste. Wind power is inconsistent at best. To be effective, it needs a constant wind speed – and the windmills take up massive amounts of land (often that can be used for agricultural purposes) The blades are made from aluminum and or fiberglass.. guess where those come from...?
I agree fossil fuel is detrimental to just about everything, but we are dependent on it right now. I find it amusing that most liberals are embracing Elon Musk and his electric car, that just means more individuals taking up more land to pave more roads which means less available farm-able land...not to mention the waste the cars themselves produce; the materials used – and the transpiration of all materials ...and the processing of materials alone contribute to increased CO2 levels the Battery alone is around the average of 5,000$. it cost almost that much to properly dispose of it which is still highly toxic... imagine hundreds of millions of dead electric car batteries filling up our already over filled landfills and oceans...
When it comes to “alternative energy, I will be happy to support it when all aspects are explored and a beneficial outcome for everyone is achieved.

• I believe that women should not be treated as a separate class of human. They should be paid the same as men who do the same work, should have the same rights as men and should be free from abuse. Why on earth shouldn’t they be?
  • I think that about covers it. Bottom line is that I’m a liberal because I think we should take care of each other. That doesn’t mean you should work 80 hours a week so your lazy neighbor can get all your money. It just means I don’t believe there is any scenario in which preventable suffering is an acceptable outcome as long as money is saved.
Guess what, women have had equal rights (mostly) since Suffragette passed. However, I was shocked to learn that you didn't have a lot of access to everything fully until 1990. But what rights today do you not have that everyone else has, please tell me,
PS, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
It did happen, but it was incredibly rare. 99% of the people donating their time to serve food, hand out blankets ectera to the homeless were religious/conservative people.

Well spoken, and this is something that was a mind opener for me as well. I'm a left winger or maybe post-leftist who somehow actually volunteers with a left wing group. Youre absolutely right that this is increadibly uncommon. Its really the christians who actually go to soup kitchens, organize food drives, pool money together to get a new rec hall, etc. If the left was 1/10th as good as that, I could accept some of the more absurd positions, but all the left ever seems to do is virtue signal.