When did you hit peak SJW and why? - Get off the woke train and see through the bullshit that is identity politics!

• Conducting some maintenance.

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
Tired of this meme, most SJWs are rich preppy kids who used to bully others so they adopted this fake varnish of social justice because they are expert social climbers and noticed how this shit basically gave them a carte blanche to continue to be complete assholes with impunity
I firmly believe that the SJW mindset was enabled by the whole “anti-bullying movement” not due to lack of bullying weirdos, but by heaping praise and attention on the kids at the top of the social ladder for electing the class tard as prom king.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
When I realized that social justice has nothing to do with improving the lot of black, gay, or poor people, and everything to do with soothing the delicate sensibilities of upper-middle class white people with worthless college degrees in gender studies. Things have only gone downhill since, and now the movement is used to grift, browbeat, and preen for self-aggrandizement with the approval of their own consciences.

LonesomeDud

The Nicest Farmer on the Forum
kiwifarms.net
I think I stopped even trying to talk much with SJWs when I realized that acts of service are not really what they're seeking to do, in the number I've met.

mario if smoke weed

I'm super duper, with a big tuper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What should've made me quit being an SJW? When a few my SJW friends kicked me out of their little group just for "deadnaming" a troon not even in their group. Still tolerated them because they gaslit me into thinking I was a horrible person over one dumb thing.

When I actually stopped being an SJW? Once I had no more SJW friends and was all by myself. I was too worried about being alone and burning bridges to think properly. That changed when there were no more libtard bridges left to burn. I learned the hard truths about SJWism and its effects on society and said "fuck this shit I'm out".

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net
Powerleveling a bit, but Ive seen some poor black folk who wind up getting heavy into the SJW thing- but it just seems to be an unholy alliance type situation. Ie: Blaming all problems within your life on the easy scapegoat & middle class SJW's enabling that for their own veneer.

Saying that, most black and latino people who have a good hold on their own lives will move well past SJW type shit, because you need to take responsibility for your own life to actually make it decent at a lower class level, and taking accountability requires at least a modicum of self-reflection, internal change, and action based within that.

Thats part of why I do despise SJWs quite a bit, because I know a lot of people of color who do get out of bad situations through hard work, and I know that at the end of the day- the rich SJW type are just gas lighting willing poor people of color into their cause, putting them several steps back by conning them into blaming all the problems within their communities on external sources, and ultimately making things worse. You add in all the "defund the police crap" and, well, thats fine and dandy when you live in an ivory tower but the last thing most ghettos actually need is less police. Reform the police, give them better training, etc? Id be down for that, would actually probably cost more money, not less in most cases. But youll never see people actually advocating for that.
The black and poor I seen appealing to SJW retards are 100% grifters trying to see if they can get something out of all this bullshit going on. Many fail tho because while SJWs talk about racism they are extremely classicist and dont like poor people even if they arent white. They will pay them lip service but they dont want to hang around ghetto hoodlums.

On the other hand you got rich black SJWs, now those are the winners in all this. I seen plenty of them already upper-middle class thanks to mom & pop getting that sweet diversity hire spot, and they still get all kinds of free scholarship and grants because colleges need to fill the quota. I talked to a black chick who got into yale that way and even she thought it was absurd they were giving her all that when her scores were average at best and there were poorer kids with better grades that didnt get in because they were white or asian

But she didnt turn down the freebies either

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
The black and poor I seen appealing to SJW retards are 100% grifters trying to see if they can get something out of all this bullshit going on. Many fail tho because while SJWs talk about racism they are extremely classicist and dont like poor people even if they arent white. They will pay them lip service but they dont want to hang around ghetto hoodlums.

On the other hand you got rich black SJWs, now those are the winners in all this. I seen plenty of them already upper-middle class thanks to mom & pop getting that sweet diversity hire spot, and they still get all kinds of free scholarship and grants because colleges need to fill the quota. I talked to a black chick who got into yale that way and even she thought it was absurd they were giving her all that when her scores were average at best and there were poorer kids with better grades that didnt get in because they were white or asian

But she didnt turn down the freebies either
I wouldn't say theyre all grifters.

Among black people especially, you really have three, maybe four, groups who jump in the SJW crowd.

Racists,
Idiots & the Naïve,
Grifers

The racists are pretty self-explanitory and can appear through most groups, but the basic level of that is "white people is da devil, white people is evil, fuck crackers, fuck white people, *insert conspiracy theory*, we wuz, stupid shit like that. The problem here is the woke crowd is actually feeding this a lot more than ever in the past now, and actually validating this shit under the guise of antiracism. Most racists that Im identifying here are poor blacks.

The idiots, and why I kind of seperate that from the naïve, is because I'm using this to describe poor blacks who, while not racist, see problems within their own communities and either do not look internally for any of the roots of their own problems (and I'm not saying that there are no external causes, I think there are, but so much of a person's agency is also on themselves too), or they buy whatever propaganda the woke are propegating without any critical thinking. Ie: "If he was white, he'd get off the charges, black people are being murdered in the streets by cops, etc". These aren't racist thoughts unto themselves, but theyre stupid ones. Murder rates at an all time low, black people not getting off on crimes and white people getting off has more to do with the fact that our legal system is broken and as far as it goes, if you have more money you will always do better than someone with a public defender, etc (really more of a class issue there).

The naïve are like the idiots, but we're getting more into middle to upper middle class black people who are no different from their white counterparts, they go to decent schools and colleges, identified with leftist causes and took in all the isms associated with that. They don't know what their own people are like, don't know what the ghettos are like, don't know how dangerous some places can be, don't know that often black people are their own worst enemies, and could go on, but they just really don't know shit. They also don't help, because pretty much all their causes, at this point, are co-opted towards getting more black movie stars and historically they usually only ever have band aid solutions at best, or at worst make things worse (ie, abolish the police, which had its goalposts shifted towards defund the police). Naïve may embrace some isms of the idiots as well, things like "black people are being murdered in cold blood", but if you actually bother to look at stats, which I used to assume college people did (first mistake), you'd see that this just simply isnt the case. These two seem to blend more and more now, which is why I said three, maybe four groups. Idiots are usually poor, Naïve are usually college level though.

Then you have the grifters. People like Talcom X, various evangelical preacher activists, high level politicians, the Obamas, etc- who you know probably realize much of this is bs at some level, but fan the flames and participate for their own ends.

Last edited:

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net
black people not getting off on crimes and white people getting off has more to do with the fact that our legal system is broken and as far as it goes, if you have more money you will always do better than someone with a public defender, etc (really more of a class issue there).
The blacks are the most classist assholes I ever seen, they constantly boast and flex anything they have to other poorer blacks, they have zero solidarity among themselves and constantly make jokes about africans starving to death which is one of main reasons african migrants hate blacks and black culture

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
The blacks are the most classist assholes I ever seen, they constantly boast and flex anything they have to other poorer blacks, they have zero solidarity among themselves and constantly make jokes about africans starving to death which is one of main reasons african migrants hate blacks and black culture
You can really just sum it up with a lot of black people are just un self aware niggers.

horrorfan89

Hullo? Aunt Alicia?
kiwifarms.net
Never respected them. When we talked about equal rights in school (BEFORE all this social justice bs was everywhere) I said it was all bullshit and you're a fool to believe there can ever be a just and equitable world. Was such a hellraiser, still kinda am.

Odnovo

kiwifarms.net
I first ran into SJWs on Livejournal back in early 2012. From the very beginning, I never had much sympathy for them; they were petty, antagonistic, hypocritical and weak right from the start. It was also dead obvious even then that they actually did not believe what they said that they believed in, although in fairness I think that a fair amount of them had tried to convince themselves that they truly did. What was very strange about it is that there was no clear beginning as to how it happened, but for some odd reason they really just seemed to pop up out of the woodwork as if they were always there. These people were not shills or bots, either; they were real, flesh and blood people, which in a way is even more scary to me. Some of these people I had ran into previously in other communities, and as little as two years before then were nowhere near as overly-offended as they were at that point; if anything, they tried too hard to be edgy and offensive.

From my perspective, it seemed to start off organically enough, from very insecure and flawed women who likely were about as mean in the past as they were then, but likely didn't have the "courage" to be as open about what they hated and what they wanted to do about it. I feel that SJW thing got off the ground as it did in part because it gave the wrong kind of people a sense of empowerment, when they otherwise would be confined to talking about soap operas and the like on some obscure forum.

Bastard_Call

Amateur rapist
kiwifarms.net
SJWs were always shit and I never had any sympathy for them but they used to be way less powerful so you could afford to ignore them

Tired of this meme, most SJWs are rich preppy kids who used to bully others so they adopted this fake varnish of social justice because they are expert social climbers and noticed how this shit basically gave them a carte blanche to continue to be complete assholes with impunity
This. I've been surrounded by poverty my whole life and you just don't see these people. I've got an upper-middle class friend who went to University and every other guy he knows is a well-off white kid with a token gender-medal. Meanwhile I went to some shitty community college where people like that were chewed out for the condescending, privileged kids that they were.

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
I first ran into SJWs on Livejournal back in early 2012. From the very beginning, I never had much sympathy for them; they were petty, antagonistic, hypocritical and weak right from the start. It was also dead obvious even then that they actually did not believe what they said that they believed in, although in fairness I think that a fair amount of them had tried to convince themselves that they truly did. What was very strange about it is that there was no clear beginning as to how it happened, but for some odd reason they really just seemed to pop up out of the woodwork as if they were always there. These people were not shills or bots, either; they were real, flesh and blood people, which in a way is even more scary to me. Some of these people I had ran into previously in other communities, and as little as two years before then were nowhere near as overly-offended as they were at that point; if anything, they tried too hard to be edgy and offensive.

From my perspective, it seemed to start off organically enough, from very insecure and flawed women who likely were about as mean in the past as they were then, but likely didn't have the "courage" to be as open about what they hated and what they wanted to do about it. I feel that SJW thing got off the ground as it did in part because it gave the wrong kind of people a sense of empowerment, when they otherwise would be confined to talking about soap operas and the like on some obscure forum.
That sounds almost exactly like my first experience with the SJW mentality. It was also on LJ, but a few years earlier: Mod of a community I watched suddenly started handing out warnings to people over shit that had absolutely never been a problem in the past, citing terms like “ableism”, “slut shaming”, and “fatphobia”. And now that you mention it, this mod was someone who was previously known for being edgy and offensive. Of course, since she also happened to be one of the older and more active members in the community, everyone knew that these were all things that she was personally sensitive about. When some of the users got fed up and called her out on it, a bit of a flamewar broke out and she banned them.

I remember at the time thinking that she must have been spending too much time in those "support" communities that seem to exist solely for members to air their insecurities while other members reassure them that everyone else is the real problem. To some extent, I'm still convinced those sorts of groups were at least partially responsible for the rise of SJWs, as the ones who consider themselves victims nearly always have the same narcissistic-yet-insecure personality trait.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That sounds almost exactly like my first experience with the SJW mentality. It was also on LJ, but a few years earlier: Mod of a community I watched suddenly started handing out warnings to people over shit that had absolutely never been a problem in the past, citing terms like “ableism”, “slut shaming”, and “fatphobia”. And now that you mention it, this mod was someone who was previously known for being edgy and offensive. Of course, since she also happened to be one of the older and more active members in the community, everyone knew that these were all things that she was personally sensitive about. When some of the users got fed up and called her out on it, a bit of a flamewar broke out and she banned them.

I remember at the time thinking that she must have been spending too much time in those "support" communities that seem to exist solely for members to air their insecurities while other members reassure them that everyone else is the real problem. To some extent, I'm still convinced those sorts of groups were at least partially responsible for the rise of SJWs, as the ones who consider themselves victims nearly always have the same narcissistic-yet-insecure personality trait.
Late 2000s LiveJournal is practically Ground Zero of the whole SJW phenomenon, come to think of it. RaceFail '09 is one of the earliest events I can trace. It was a dust-up in the SFF fandom over authors writing "the Other".

If you write a story with all white people, they bitch that it's nothing but white people. If you write a story with other races included, they bitch that you're writing outside your race. Basically, these crazy fuckers don't want white people to write anything, but they can't just say "white people, stop writing period", because that would sound incredibly racist, so they have to engage in all these bizarre contortions to try and justify their completely unjustifiable, bullshit worldview.

Again, when SJWs are confronted with accusations that their college professors are brainwashing them, they always dissemble and sidestep the matter, claiming that they independently came to their opinions after considerable study and "critical thinking".

I can prove that this is bullshit.

Social Justice has a trend line that looks like a heartbeat, and this heartbeat aligns exactly with the start and end of college semesters. This is exactly what you'd expect to see if people were attending brainwashing camps en masse on a regular basis.

Trianon

kiwifarms.net
I became the tiniest bit more liberal in college over the gay marriage debate. No, I didn't agree with it spiritually, but the government couldn't exactly say no since it was tied to a ton of tax advantages. It seemed like a stupid hill to die on.

Several states started allowing it, and then the debate almost instantly changed to all the slippery slope stuff that I had been told was a fallacy. "They aren't going to make people bake them cakes or anything!" Oh. "They aren't going to go after priests who don't want to cosign it." Oh. I realized my based conservative views in high school were just fine and gradually understood them more deeply than I had before. The more I saw, I realized it wasn't real "progress," it was just change for the sake of destabilization. Once you see the same arguments circle around, with the sides suddenly flipped, with leftists arguing for censorship and thought punishment, you realize very few people have true ideals that aren't just about pissing the other side off.

Unpaid Emotional Labourer

I’m Diana Moon Glampers. Let’s talk about equity.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have always been a liberal, but because I grew up very poor, in a small town with a lot of black people and white people who actually got along just fine, it’s impossible to make me feel guilt over privilege. I’m immune.

So as long as it was about you know, sure, let the gays get married, has nothing to do with me plus it’s tied to benefits and rights so as long as churches aren’t being forced to participate, ok. Or well, I don’t mind throwing extra resources at black people to try to help them out, etc, for a while, but I always felt it should have limits, and expire, and come to think of it...I always did think it sounded ok to require women to get IUDs, or preferably have their tubes tied, to receive welfare. Didn‘t say it, but thought it. Am technically pro-choice, but find support for abortion rights incompatible with the accompanying liberal distaste for the death penalty. I think the only problem with the death penalty is unfair and inconsistent implementation. In theory, I fully support it, and in reality, in most cases, I do as well.

I am also of Scots-Irish Southern US heritage, which means I understand black people very very well, since as Thomas Sowell has identified, rednecks are rednecks whether they’re white or black. I don’t have to tiptoe around them like they’re some exotic creature.

Additionally I am adopted, and my parents were old as hell when they adopted me, which means that while everybody else had Boomer or even early GenX parents, I had Silent Generation parents. A dad who never made more than $27k/yr in his life, always doing manual labor, and a mom who saved grease to reuse later and didn’t believe in Tupperware when there’s perfectly good Country Crocks right there. This is how I know that black culture is just Southern Poverty culture, they’re just more likely to fight dogs than roosters. Trash stay being trash, you see.

So all this adds up to a certain amount of natural resistance to this sort of thing, as well as a latent Scots-Irish tendency to want to be left alone, for everyone to get the fuck off my property (literally as well as metaphorically) since I will absolutely never go onto yours, and to really fucking resent people telling me what to do - or more specifically, what to say, or not to say.

I began peaking on troons and SJWs on Tumblr. For troons, it was stumbling upon auntiewanda, then LarpsandtheRealGirl. I don’t even like lesbians in the sense that every lesbian I have ever met and known was a lesbian was offputting because in retrospect, they didn’t do the polite upbeat thing I as a southern girl expect, ie smile back when smiled at, and returning overtures in a pro-social way. I realize now maybe that’s a lot of autism and lesbians just not experiencing female socialization the same way I did. Anyway, so seeing thousands of absolutely horrific attacks from troons - whom I had previously assumed were all gigagays - demanding sex from them was a serious red pill.

Meanwhile, SJWs. I don’t write or read fanfic, my productive engagement with fandom is going to be criticism, not creation or curation. But when TFA came out, just seeing the absolute insanity that was that fandom over intersectional shipper bullshit...bloop.

Race, pretty sure I’m just peaking with everyone else over the past couple years, organically, due to the behavior of black people, politicians, and the media. It did start with irritation over fandom shit too, though. Go away and let me enjoy my content. This is my dance space. I don’t go into yours, you don‘t go into mine. I mean, come on in, as long as you want to dance to the same music, but...otherwise stay out.

Ultimately I‘m just a white Karen with a normal family and life, feeling like she’s no longer allowed to live and let live, and being fed the fuck up with the seemingly endless downward spiral of degeneracy.

Last edited:

Spergenschütz

Ridin' Hellhorses and Wranglin' Lolcows
kiwifarms.net
Back when I was a young lad, I've always wanted to do good and search for a smarter and more open-minded way of thinking. I never liked the crazy religious fundies that would call everything from Pokémon to South Park evil or satanic or the far-right Bible-thumping rednecks of the South so I decided to join some left-winged cliques, some of which were unfortunately filled with SJWs.

To my horror, they turned out to be just as bad, if not even worse and more widespread than the fundies I so looked down upon. Literally anything in could be called homophobic, racist or transphobic, even basic logic and actual bad things being depicted negatively cause it "triggered someone" or somehow "glorified villainy". Their tunnel vision is horrific to say the least, and some entire communities of them forbid people from interacting with them, all for simply liking or enjoying a show such as South Park. Another mention would be the troon communities I encountered, where simply not wanting to have sex with them will make you on the same level as a child rapist or dog killer in their eyes. Cis gay men and lesbians are often coerced into dating them and will be ruthlessly hunted down and accused of "transphobia" even if they politely decline. These people are in fact not interested in bettering others or being less ignorant as they so claim, they're regressive nuts.

Never did I think I'll see the day where conservatives could be called Nazis, fans of certain "problematic media" are considered child molesters or gay men/lesbians refusing to fuck vaginas/penises transphobic, but here we are in Clownworld. SJWs infect and fester like a plague, constantly shoving their countless convoluted Byzantine rules down our throats and sending vicious hate mobs at those that can't fulfill their ridiculous demands. It was like a mirror image of the regressive Right, except these people were far more widespread and had much more influence compared to them, something much more different than the smart and logical ideology I desired in a very terrible way. I came for actual science and logic, but these SJWs have utterly disgusted and appalled me to the point I would never associate or feel sympathy for them again.

These people are really not interested in actually helping the marginalized or actually getting smarter or being progressive as they claim, all they are are merely bitter talentless hacks with nothing else better to do, insufferable moral guardians and trend-chasing attention-seekers that barely practice what they preach while forcing ever-crazier sets of creeds onto the rest us just for the next dopamine rush or viral tweet. They're not the geniuses or model citizens they claim to be, they're merely a bunch of authoritarian wingnut freaks and pretenders.

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This sounds like a repeat of this thread but more embellished. Regardless:

Slowly, but surely, Trump and being in college had opened my eyes on SJW influence.

Bernie Sanders was running in 2016 with the promise of abolishing college debt. He spoke for the young people. Rather, the DNC was speaking for everybody, not just one demographic of people. I was on board.

Things weren't as bad as they were now. I had wanted to make a difference in college for the better of society. Speak out against injustice, recognize diversity, acknowledge that we're all in this together if we work together. I've done my fair share of marches, protests, news, the like.

Charlottesville, the knelling controversy, immigration bans, the transgender military ban, all of that made me worried that America was regressing back to 20th century bigotry under Trump. It didn't help that many people around me were just worried sick after that inauguration. All of those seemed like great reason to have an uprising.

Mainly, I had wanted friends in college. This was the easiest way to achieve that while contributing for the greater good of society.

The MeToo movement was the first sign that things weren't what they seemed. What was once started with good intentions turned into an abusive movement hijacked by opportunists. You could say that about all SJW movements since Trump. I had personal issues around 2018-2019 which left me to put politics on the backburner.

Two things became apparent over time. Firstly, they NEVER SHUT UP ABOUT TRUMP. It was always injected into regular conversation, always on the TV, always online, 24/7. There was no escaping it, so I let it go. To summarize, many of Trump's critics were no better than Trump himself. Actually, worse if you think about it. It was better to watch from afar and laugh at the mental logistics they had against Trump.

And, they were self centered. Everything had to be X, Y and Z or they'd throw a fit. Over the slightest things. Cartoons, movies, video games, jokes, even expressions were enough to send these people to a frenzy. It was like walking on eggshells; anything you'd say or do, somebody would get offended by. It was maddening to say the least.

The catalyst, the breaking point, for me was 2020. Coronavirus, George Floyd and the election. The pandemic and lockdowns happened; I'd figured things would calm down. We'd go back to a sense of unity for ONE COMMON OBJECTIVE, sorta like 9/11. Nope, it was used for political hysteria and mismanagement.

Then George Floyd happened in May. I won't touch on it too much; I've already expressed my two piece several times. Basically this. Lies, rioting, pandering, grifting, all while we're under a pandemic. Nobody handled the Summer of Love well.

Then Joe Biden basically said "if you don't know whether to vote for me or Trump, THEN YOU AIN'T BLACK!" He picked an unpopular candidate for VP to check some diversity checkboxes. And everybody just ate it up.

I've tried to say, maybe we should just take a step back, maybe we should take a stand on immigration, maybe children shouldn't be involved in LGBT+ affairs, perhaps Biden isn't all that, etc. I was yelled at, cussed at, called names, ignored, gaslighted. I just threw my hands up and quit. Rather, I was "forced out."

I was basically a useful idiot. Don't ask questions, don't mingle on that side, just do what you're told lest you want to be considered a racist, sexist, bigot. Politics in general has turned into one side or the other. No middle man whatsoever.

If you'd like to know more, you know how to reach me.

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
Hmm, in my heart of hearts, I don't think I ever was one. Then again, I did initially get into college for philosophy and that's an SJW major so I guess I counted as one back then. At first, I was this libertarian-leaning, but largely uncommitted type trying to socialize with a bunch of anarchist-types. I gave them fair hearing to their arguments and was unpersuaded. I tried to start a club with them, but dealing with them is like herding cats. They then recommended we cut a deal with a bunch of communists for new club members. When the commies told me their meeting place was a Starbucks, that soured my opinion of them real quick, but I still gave them fair hearing. After all, I shouldn't let prejudice on communists/socialists/anarchists affect whether I should associate with these people, right? That meeting was 3 hours of them saying Lenin was great and trying to get me and the club members to go to their socialist meeting in San Francisco. I told them that I had no interest in taking that trip and let the Philosophy Club fall apart. At the time, it was because I thought these students were a bunch of do-nothing incompetents rather than Id-poltards and decided to focus on studying English due to Philosophy insisting on willfully obscurant prose.

Now granted, English is a lateral move when it comes to post-modernist claptrap, but it was easier to explain to people what I was studying, but I think my literal sophomore years gave me immunity to identity politics much like a lot of people in this thread have stated. I started noticing which professors were the type to get political* and which ones were actually willing to teach the subject with little politicization** and the more I thought about it, the less interested I became in a life in academia. When the scuttlebutt about grad students is they aren't necessarily smart, I have to suspect the quality of grad school content.

*Funny thing, my Critical Race Theory teacher wasn't that keen on identity politics. She had trouble remembering the term "identity politics." She just seemed like any other professor stuck having to teach a course where she had no interest in.

**If an English teacher isn't teaching you Phonology, Grammar, or Shakespeare/Milton/Chaucer, that teacher is ideological. There are degrees of ideology since a Comics class is way more id-pol than a Shakespeare class, but both have that kind of belief baked into them. Linguistics, at the time, seemed mostly free of ideology since Grammar is about as math as English can get. I can't speak for that department now, but it's not like Literature which absolutely is infected with Critical Race Theory from top to bottom.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Saint Trayvon of the Skittles is what did it. The anti-white shit was hitting the mainstream and I’m not into self loathing so that was that. Quaint days by comparison to the horrorshow we see today.

I was never a SJW but I was pretty far to the left because I thought issues were based more on class than race. OWS was a sign that people were finally beginning to figure that out. Of course our benevolent billionaires decided to wage a race war as a response and that’s why all of them are now woke.