When did you hit peak trans and why? - Finally realized that trans activism and gender ideology are harmful.

Legoshi

Haru-chan, I'm a gijinka now!
kiwifarms.net
I've never bought into the idea of more than two genders, even when I was a teen when this genderspecial bullcrap started. I remember first hearing about nonbinary on an online forum, with someone using nonbinary pronouns (they/them), and feeling very confused afterwards. I said to an admin that I felt like it was just attention-seeking and then they responded with, "Well, back then they thought being gay was a mental disorder/attention seeking too!" and although I didn't have a good comeback, I would've responded with, "But being homosexual is proven and biological, thus homo"sex"ual, not homo"gender"al. There's proof that homosexual male and female brains are wired differently to their heterosexual counterparts." That was so disrespectful to the lesbians and gays who worked for equality as it minimizes their decades-long struggle. The user who said "You HAVE to use my pronouns." really bugged me. You aren't entitled to force people to use your made up pronouns and if you want to be treated that way, don't make it your entire identity and never shut up about it.

As for transgender activism, I never really paid much attention to it until 2020 during lockdown as I was out busy and having fun in life after high school before the COVID-19 pandemic occurred. I always thought that people like Riley J Dennis were odious creeps and the fact that they pressured people into having sex with trans people, lesbians and gays in particular, and convincing others that bisexuality was "transphobic" because it only had two in its name really irritated me. There were also some articles telling gay men and lesbians that the fact they didn't want to have sex with trans women/men was "transphobic" and kept telling that they had no excuses not to and it didn't validate them. But never the less, I didn't really concern myself with it until a few years later. As I began scrolling through videos on Youtube and doing some research elsewhere as I couldn't really do anything else, I began to realize how dangerous and vicious the Trans lobby truly was like other identity politics groups, even more so considering they didn't need to work to gain any influence whatsoever. Not to mention, stories that I've never heard of before 2020 like JY and Rhys McKinnon were just the beginning. Lurking on Kiwifarms and finally joining only to be exposed to how so many deviants use the trans identity to be disgusting, pervy scumbags was what finally peaked me.

Last edited:

Spooky Bones

🦴 🎺 🦴
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Around 2014, when I learned what autogynephilia was.
Same, although I didn't learn until later. I also wasn't aware that there were MtF trannies who were attracted to women, i.e. heterosexual men with extra steps, until pretty late in the game, which sent me for a bit of a tizzy too.

When all the bullshit really started in earnest with Bruce Jenner trooning out and whatnot, I was still always easily confused by the vocabulary, i.e. "trans woman" being a natal man, when I would read stories in the news, not to mention the pronoun games. I knew what they meant but I couldn't wrap my head around it when reading it. I still have to stop and think to understand who and what the fuck they are talking about sometimes. The fact that a clearly powerful and very quiet lobby wanted me to totally accept counterfactuals (TWAW) was upsetting.

Last edited:

Just a fag

the AGP of it all
kiwifarms.net
I peak trans'd when I actually went through the steps to medically transition.

I won't powerlevel too much, but the first red flag was how easy it was to access the hormones. I was literally in a virtual visit for an interview that lasted less than 10 minutes, went into the clinic to do bloodwork a couple days later, then once the results came back went and got them. I had been considering this on and off for years before and done all this research beforehand and was always worried I'd have to go through psych evaluation and shit (which I fucking should have), but part of me imagines this was what scoring prescription drugs from doctors in the 90s was a lot like.

then a couple months in I realized that I was actually going through a psychotic breakdown (mainly the product of years of unchecked mental illness) and stopped taking them and instead focused on underlying, more serious mental health concerns. I prioritized those and took care of them and now I have absolutely no desire to transition. I've been on KiwiFarms before and after all of this, so it's been interesting (and at times ironic) reading all of the different opinions on the trans topic, especially with how antagonistic I've always been of the AGP/groomer ilk.

as of now, I'm sympathetic to some trans people, but overall I've become pretty TERFy. the "trans movement" as a whole has been a newer, predatory movement that is really going to not only fuck with a lot of mentally unstable people's lives, but really hurt women and their rights and privacy a lot more than help.

Weed Eater

Why yes I DO smoke marijuana; it's goooood stuff!
kiwifarms.net
I don't know honestly, I've always been apprehensive to this bullshit even when it began making the rounds. I remember being on Tumblr back in the mid-2010s, where I got to witness a lot of the MOGAIs and gender-special terms. The first taste I got of my peak was actually in high school in my "Gay-Straight Alliance" club. We had a day where students were encouraged to introduce themselves using the LGBT terms and when I heard two girls specifically say that they were "demisexual" I tried to start a debate about it. Obviously, it only ended up as a true argument, and it even began a string of rumors about me in my friend group. It didn't help that myself and another friend ended up personally confused about our own gender identities because of this sort of trans/non-binary bullshit being peddled around. My friend ended up having a FtM phase, but thankfully grew out of it probably due to the combination of her family being worried/"unsupportive", and me having talks about how stupid it was that we even felt "weird" about being the sort of women we are.
Seeing friends turn to the trans cult, personally knowing a mid-aged troon at one point, and the consistent contradictions in the cult all led to me peaking.

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
kiwifarms.net
When I was a younger sperg, I was going through a bit of gender confusion myself due to never having been the most masculine dude. This was also the time when webcomics were absolutely huge. I ended up reading some of the gender bending ones like El Goonish Shive and The Wotch, and I thought it was kind of a neat idea to turn into a girl by magic or aliens or whatever. Maybe not permanently, but just to see how the other half lives.

Then I ran across Venus Envy. As I read through it, it slowly dawned on me that this dude didn't become a chick through the result of magic, but by surgical Johnson removal, which was also the moment I found out that was a real thing. To which my reaction was, "... no. That's not how it... no. You can't just... how does that even... WHAT THE SHIT FUCKING CRAP ASS FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?"

And that's the incredibly autistic story of how I got over my gender confusion and became a transphobe before it was cool.

Legoshi

Haru-chan, I'm a gijinka now!
kiwifarms.net
When I was a younger sperg, I was going through a bit of gender confusion myself due to never having been the most masculine dude. This was also the time when webcomics were absolutely huge. I ended up reading some of the gender bending ones like El Goonish Shive and The Wotch, and I thought it was kind of a neat idea to turn into a girl by magic or aliens or whatever. Maybe not permanently, but just to see how the other half lives.

Then I ran across Venus Envy. As I read through it, it slowly dawned on me that this dude didn't become a chick through the result of magic, but by surgical Johnson removal, which was also the moment I found out that was a real thing. To which my reaction was, "... no. That's not how it... no. You can't just... how does that even... WHAT THE SHIT FUCKING CRAP ASS FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?"

And that's how I got over my gender confusion and became a transphobe before it was cool.
I wasn't exactly the most masculine boy growing up either and I was rather gender-nonconforming, effeminate, or androgynous. I liked Littlest Pet Shop, skipping, the PowerPuff Girls, hula hoops, pop music with artists like Kelly Clarkson, gymnastics and hung around with girls often. However, as soon as I got older, my choices changed and now I really don't like anything at all girly and I prefer things considered more "masculine". I'd rather get dirty, do handyman work, fix, lift and mend things, and play sports than ever wear dresses or paint my nails thanks very much! I used to wonder what it was like to be a girl, but I never had any desire to be the opposite sex whatsoever. If the trans activists had gotten their paws on me when I was a kid, I would've been told I was a girl in a boy's body and placed on irreversible puberty blockers when in reality I just turned out to be bisexual.

Last edited:

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
kiwifarms.net
I wasn't exactly the most masculine boy growing up and I was rather gender-nonconforming/effeminate/androgynous. I liked Littlest Pet Shop, hoola hoops, pop music with artists like Kelly Clarkson, gymnastics and hung around with girls often. However, as soon as I got older, my choices changed and now I really don't like anything at all girly and I prefer things considered more "masculine". I'd rather get dirty, do handyman work, fix, lift and mend things, and play sports than ever wear dresses or paint my nails thanks very much! . I used to wonder what it was like to be a girl, but I never had any desire to be the opposite sex whatsoever. If the trans activists had gotten their hands on me when I was a kid, I would've been told I was a girl in a boy's body and placed on irreversible puberty blockers when in reality I just turned out to be bisexual..
Hell, I still like all kinds of frilly, girly shit like romance stories, and I still think sports are retarded (though, weirdly enough, I turned out to be straight). It just doesn't have any bearing on the fact that I was born with a dong, and I just stopped giving a shit what people think about my hobbies. But I should probably stop there. I think I've power leveled enough.

That said, yeah. If I had been born 10 years later, and not had the time to establish myself as a person before troonsanity hit, I think there's a fair chance I would've ended up in a bad way.

Bad Take Crucifier

It was the most unholy thing I had ever seen
kiwifarms.net
For me, peak trans is the stories I've seen the past 2 years where lesbians talk about being tricked into dating by MTF "lesbians" and then harassed or raped. Domestic violence is apparently okay if you claim you're no longer a male even if you're still the one in the relationship who's taller, stronger, and has unilateral physical advantage over your partner.

Peak trans is when "Lesbians don't want to suck a dick" is considered TERF rhetoric. Peak trans is I'm reading unironic statements of "lesbians who claim they don't like penises because of being raped by men are TERFS!!!!1."

I also want to add that recently, a LESBIAN dating app called "Her" banned actual lesbians for complaining about the male genderqueers and troons using the app, while equivalent services for gay men seem to have no problem with banning FTM manlets for having vaginas. Really makes you think.

Last edited: