When did you hit peak trans and why? - Finally realized that trans activism and gender ideology are harmful.

• Conducting some maintenance.

KingCoelacanth

Click here to change your title
kiwifarms.net
I think it was a combination of seeing that trans-dolphin episode of South Park at a young age and an infamous screenshot from neogaf, which was some guy with a mlp avatar sperging out over how much he loves his trans girlfriend and "her" feminine cock.
The whole idea of it was always absurd to me and lacked any rationality.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
kiwifarms.net
Posted earlier summary: my first-hand experience is almost all with FtM/FtGenderspecial, because of fandoms and because I ducked out of SA and IRL nerd spaces early. (There have been a few MtF clients at work, but they are on company manners and I am in public relations mode and things are brief and appropriate, knock wood.)

There was a time before this, when my friends and I noted a clear progression: someone becomes a Homestuck fan, then that person starts typing tumblr-style and becomes hypersensitive and angry all the time. (Once a friend started getting into Homestuck, and we jokingly said "OK, don't turn into an asshole though." She joked back, then two days later we got a huge angry screed about how that hurt her feelings and how dare everyone.) I don't know anything about Homestuck except for that it somehow did/does that to people. Maybe just online females of a certain age.

The reason I mention this: about six months later, the exact same thing started happening, but with transgender identities instead of Homestuck.

Once someone tells you they're trans, the person is gone, or is slowly dying, and any interaction at all is dangerous. If you know them very well, they may just try to guilt trip you; if you know them less well, or either of you is a Big Name in Fandom, get ready for cancellation.

The person you knew is gone and there's something alien in their body. Sometimes it has muscle memory of something your friend used to do, but it's just a trick to keep you close. If you catch it early, maybe you could help the person fight it off, gently suggest that they talk to someone about their molestation for a bit first, before they go to the informed consent gender clinic. Usually, though, it's too late, the alien thing shows its true face and now you're evil because you suggested they might not be trans.

(This has happened to me three times because I am too dumb to learn and I think I can stop it happening, because I am watching it from outside, in slow motion.)

I know/believe that there are some non-troon trans people, the ones who are putting sweat equity into their transition and are capable of talking about non-trans topics and don't want to hurt you, just not to be hurt themselves. I'm fine with those, but from a distance, there is absolutely no way to tell. "Red and black, venom lack," sure, but if I see a snake in my peripherals, I'm jumping out of likely-harm's way instead of sticking around to figure out the nuance.

thyme

fresh meet
kiwifarms.net
someone becomes a Homestuck fan,
I've been thinking about this a lot lately- Homestuck and Tumblr as being two major influences that helped make the tranny menace so damned HUGE for girls.

Something about the two combined was like gasoline thrown into the fire- any inkling of any personality disorder blew up once exposed. Being sick in the head was the new 'cool', and escapism-obsessed but otherwise average girls seemed to envy the girls who blurred the lines between fiction and reality (for example, I think of the DiD larpers or 'kin' accts)

Rather than take the cues from irl peers that they're being weird, or insufferable, they'd double down and commiserate with other weirdos on Tumblr.

PL I used to be a jackass like that, but I was a kid back then, and kids grow up- or, at least they used to. I guess nowadays with hormones and surgeries, its not as simple as growing your hair back out if you ever change your mind.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
kiwifarms.net
I've been thinking about this a lot lately- Homestuck and Tumblr as being two major influences that helped make the tranny menace so damned HUGE for girls.

Something about the two combined was like gasoline thrown into the fire- any inkling of any personality disorder blew up once exposed. Being sick in the head was the new 'cool', and escapism-obsessed but otherwise average girls seemed to envy the girls who blurred the lines between fiction and reality (for example, I think of the DiD larpers or 'kin' accts)
I was mildly interested by Homestuck when I first heard about it, but from watching it turn people into unbearable assholes, I never wanted to investigate further. You're right, though: it's probably more of a Tumblr thing than just a Homestuck thing.

PL I used to be a jackass like that, but I was a kid back then, and kids grow up- or, at least they used to. I guess nowadays with hormones and surgeries, its not as simple as growing your hair back out if you ever change your mind.
Teenagers are expected to be searching for their identity and full of FUCK YOU, DAD. Making fun of your past emo phase is so widespread that normies call it "blunder years" and there are groups/subreddits to post your terrible teenage guyliner.

I've never seen anyone post a photo with "so remember how we all thought we were trans back in the '00s?" I don't think it's the hormones and surgeries that make it final as much as it's the rest of the trans gang; if you leave, you leave all that "support," you already alienated your family and previous friends, and you've seen what happens when the trans mob picks a target.

Chapstick4Lyfe

ask me about Kevin Gibes e-begging - $3597.60+
kiwifarms.net
I used to think trannies were just some poor über gays that wanted to dress like ladies, mind their business and suck some dick. Then, I found out what the "cotton ceiling" was. Then I started seeing troons slowly take over r/actuallesbians with their sour grapes shit talking. Like, they were pissed lesbians didn't want them so, naturally, lesbians are old and gross anyway.

And now, they find new ways to horrify me every day.

Bastard_Call

Amateur rapist
kiwifarms.net
Until fairly recently I used to very much be a live and let live kind of guy when it came to transexuals. I think it changed when I started to actually get to know a few of them. Like a few others have said, there are consistent personality flaws that constantly crop up with these people. Narcissism being one of the most prevalent ones. Also an obstructively low self esteem.

Besides that I've always thought of transitioning as a treatment for gender dysphoria to be completely unfounded and contradictory to any other widely accepted treatment to likewise diseases. But that's the thing, it used to be that if you were really committed to it you would go to India and get your balls lopped off by a private physician. With it being pushed as a mainstream treatment for people who would otherwise probably just go to therapy, and for the love of god people wanting to put kids on hormones, it's a lot harder to take a neutral position.

HumptiDouji

Chairman of the Official Steve Rambo Fan Club
kiwifarms.net
I've never seen anyone post a photo with "so remember how we all thought we were trans back in the '00s?" I don't think it's the hormones and surgeries that make it final as much as it's the rest of the trans gang; if you leave, you leave all that "support," you already alienated your family and previous friends, and you've seen what happens when the trans mob picks a target.
I've actually seen some of this over the years, young LGBs talking about how they went through a trans phase or NB phase, but then grew out of it. It's not nearly common enough though.

The Lawgiver

We all know what happens to alien spies.
kiwifarms.net

Rather than take the cues from irl peers that they're being weird, or insufferable, they'd double down and commiserate with other weirdos on Tumblr.

The homestuck shit is weird because it seems entirely a Tumblr ""homestuck"" thing rather than an actual Homestuck thing The majority of the comic is filled with the kinda shit that would greatly offend or piss off tumblrites or troons yet they flock to it. It's one of those things they managed to retroactively co-opt and destroy in a sense with the help of mainstream clickbait media. It's always been weird to me and my brain has more or less never been able to truly forget the before-times when homestuck fans were like the most chill but kinda strange fuckers around. A lot of tumblr dwelling homestuck fans were oddly of this chill-vibe cast of characters as well, oddly. It's just the extremely vocal stereotypical tumblr/twitter types eventually overrode them to a degree. Either that or they got indoctrinated, I'n not sure which it was honestly as I don't know any of these people all that well. It was 6 or 7 years ago when I last saw chill homestuck fans in the wild, doesn't feel like that long but we've been dragged through hyper-politicization hell for the last 5 years now so it makes sense time perceptions distorted to some degree.

Last edited:

Virgo

Be afraid of who you are.
kiwifarms.net
I watched it hit the big time on tumblr in the very early 10s. My parents are boomers so that helped. It was strange and I never really bought it from the start. Seemed like a new self harm fad like eating disorders and cutting. Didn't voice it though.

Honestly I thought that it was bizarre to treat a mental illness by rejecting the body and affirming the delusion.

I followed two trans guys on tumblr called Oliver and Ethan who seemed perpetually miserable in binders and side effects of testosterone. That told me everything I needed to know about the experience, especially when all of the trans women I saw were low effort weeb nerds. Last I checked Ethan was begging for money to lop tits off because binding was starting to affect the diaphragm.

One of my friends I met online who was really into anime and fursonas ended up being a trans man. She really hated her appearance, thought she was ugly, and didn't like being "feminine".

There is also a trans man and woman in our gaming group who do not pass: the overall impression is that they didn't feel comfortable expressing traits of the gender opposite to what they were born with so decided to just fully present as the other gender to feel comfortable which seemed sexist when I was 16. They were both awkward quiet people and still are. I do not enjoy being around either of them.

Scolopendra Dramatica

kiwifarms.net
Never understood how so many arty types are drawn into this world; I ducked out in the early 2010's when I caught myself not wanting to write or draw honestly because it 'might offend' the sjw types.

It clashes too badly with my original moral stance that creators need to be able to explore every topic freely. Luckily I was always a history nerd and knew about book burnings and censorship in historical context; even as a child I had enough sense to know that these were always the bad guys, the one's that stopped positive progression and natural human exploration. Once I found myself self censoring I knew something fucky was afoot.

Legoshi

Having a cold one with my boy Jack
kiwifarms.net
Never understood how so many arty types are drawn into this world; I ducked out in the early 2010's when I caught myself not wanting to write or draw honestly because it 'might offend' the sjw types.

It clashes too badly with my original moral stance that creators need to be able to explore every topic freely. Luckily I was always a history nerd and knew about book burnings and censorship in historical context; even as a child I had enough sense to know that these were always the bad guys, the one's that stopped positive progression and natural human exploration. Once I found myself self censoring I knew something fucky was afoot.
Probably because artsy fartsy types want to stand out from the crowd. The internet is also home to many, many weird people and you may find yourself meeting a talented artist who is a predatory troon with disgusting paraphilias waiting to groom you.
Until fairly recently I used to very much be a live and let live kind of guy when it came to transexuals. I think it changed when I started to actually get to know a few of them. Like a few others have said, there are consistent personality flaws that constantly crop up with these people. Narcissism being one of the most prevalent ones. Also an obstructively low self esteem.
I remember when I was in my mid-teens and I had the same sort of let and live attitude, until I learnt about people I knew trooning out in my late teens. It just made me feel really uncomfortable and I couldn't really put my finger on it. I realized they were narcissists, and I knew they were more than happy to ruin their relationships and selfishly sought validation for their own delusions.

Exuvia

kiwifarms.net
Two events:
1. Like many others, I learned about Yaniv and realized that AGP is a very real thing and not in fact something that was only written to discredit transsexuals, as the community claims.
2. Over the last couple years, a former friend of mine began HRT and has gone on a journey of cis bi man → trans bi woman → trans lesbian woman → trans "he/him" lesbian woman. The last development was a few months ago and absolutely floored me. He presents himself the same as when I first knew him and now is using the same pronouns again. At that point, literally what functional difference is there between your starting point and your destination? Well, I suppose half his shirts now have the word "butch" on it somewhere and I assume his penis is no longer fully functional due to the HRT.