When does it end (and how?) -

PotatoSalad4711

He Got Shoot Killed
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Serious question...when does it end?

Tonight I have watched on livestream Minneapolis yet again being torn apart. A police precinct being surrounded, a local strip mall being looted, a manager of a store sweeping up glass, and the police force wildly outnumbered.

Sadly, it isn’t the first time. Last year after the death of George Floyd, I watched a police station overrun and burned. I watched as a liquor store was raided and torched, only to find out that an employee was locked in the basement and died.

I have watched as people scream “ACAB” and “fuck the police” while breaking into mobile phone and high-end clothing stores. I do not know what that has to do with “justice” and I never will.

So, every time a police officer happens to shoot some criminal, are we expected to put up with this? How long before big businesses abandon these cities for good? And does it even matter? What is the end game here?

Niggernerd

Hiya pops, long time no post.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Serious question...when does it end?

Tonight I have watched on livestream Minneapolis yet again being torn apart. A police precinct being surrounded, a local strip mall being looted, a manager of a store sweeping up glass, and the police force wildly outnumbered.

Sadly, it isn’t the first time. Last year after the death of George Floyd, I watched a police station overrun and burned. I watched as a liquor store was raided and torched, only to find out that an employee was locked in the basement and died.

I have watched as people scream “ACAB” and “fuck the police” while breaking into mobile phone and high-end clothing stores. I do not know what that has to do with “justice” and I never will.

So, every time a police officer happens to shoot some criminal, are we expected to put up with this? How long before big businesses abandon these cities for good? And does it even matter? What is the end game here?
Oh buddy, this ride ain't endin til the carts fully fly off, hit the main power generator causing the other rides to go out of control and the entire amusement park goes down in flames with everyone stuck inside.

Kitten Kalamity

kiwifarms.net
The way pressure keeps building its hard not to think this will end with either 10 days that shake the world or a shot heard around the globe. As for the end game, who knows anymore? The actors on the stage and the directors behind the scenes seem to have lost the plot of the play.

But that's enough pretentious portension for today. My advice, if you aren't in position to make change then just ride it out. There's still plenty to laugh at and a backlog of centuries of entertainment to keep you going. Either things fizzle out or the powder keg ignites. There's not much you can do until the time comes but be prepared.

Dom Cruise

How is she when she doesn't surf?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's going to end soon I feel, we are absolutely close to the breaking point.

What exactly is going to happen I don't know, but they can't seriously expect this shit to keep going and not have the US go full on Bosnia, it's entirely possible now that the Dems are in power they're going to bring the hammer down and then sweep the whole thing under the rug in a "We've never been at war with Eurasia" way.

Renegade is the only word to describe a significant number of black Americans and their like minded non-black supporters and enablers, they are a renegade element that want nothing less than total anarchy and the destruction of the United States of America, it's either going to end the easy way or the hard way but oh baby, it's going to end.

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Barb's Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
new-jerusalem.jpg

It ends like this, with all homeboys of Jesus hanging out in New Jerusalem as the earth below gets destroyed

Can't give you a precise timeline for when that happens though unfortunately

Pixy

Yo, buddy. Still alive
kiwifarms.net
A real-life thunderdome.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
Probably when our government calls in one of our "allies" (Chinese or Saudi Arabian military, or Mexican cartels) to assist in keeping the peace.
That's what happened in some middle eastern countries during the Arab Spring. Just called in troops from neighbouring countries who would have little to no problem quelling any attempts at insurrection plus a couple of months of martial law.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2080602

It ends like this, with all homeboys of Jesus hanging out in New Jerusalem as the earth below gets destroyed

Can't give you a precise timeline for when that happens though unfortunately
In all seriousness this is the only way it can end on a positive note, God comes down and let's the good people just peace out.

We're at how our rope's end as a species, the problems mankind face are literally insurmountable or at least within the timespan we'd have to deal with them.

There is no Star Trek style future waiting for us, there's no Singularity to save us, reason is not going to win because we simply aren't that rational a species, if we were we wouldn't be in the state we're in now.

Either God saves us or people start acting like God is real anyway like we did in the old days because otherwise we are simply doomed as a species, that's all there is to it.

Perhaps like an individual living thing has a lifespan, so too does a species have a lifespan, like the dinosaurs, nothing lasts forever, not even the universe itself.

when does it end? when you start shooting the people who keep it going.
That'll be the end of the current status quo but it'll be the beginning of something even worse.

What doing that is going to do is start a string of violence that won't stop until there's no one left.

The people that keep it going are going to keep it going until one day they're to start getting shot, it's inevitable, but that's not going to lead to anything good either, it's a Catch 22.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
The thing that really scares me is the idea that everything is inevitable, if it's possible, it's going to happen, it's only a matter of time.

So every Doomsday scenario you can cook up if it's actually possible, then one of them will happen (or all of them?)

For years we had fiction and non-fiction talking about the dangers of viruses and the possibility of a modern pandemic and sure enough, it happened, we didn't want to think it would but it did.

COVID-19 really does feel like the moment when stuff simply stopped being funny anymore, if a modern pandemic happened then everything else they project can happen will happen someday too, global warming, global war, civil war, you name it, one of these things will happen, like a great big game of Russian roulette.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, I guess I was just talking about good old fashioned Murphy's Law?

But when you apply it to American race relations between blacks and whites then you can say it was inevitable that the fragile balance was going to be destroyed by some wedge issue and it came in the form of Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, BLM and George Floyd.

Maybe it could have waited another few decades, but you can easily say it was inevitable.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
sounds better than the status quo tbh
Sure, you can make that argument.

There is absolutely an appeal to "let's just get it fucking over with"

But an outpouring of violence of that level is going to forever kill that Star Trek dream, if it isn't dead already, no one will ever try to maintain a civilization as multiethnic as ours again at least not for thousands of years.

And if this is a cycle that just keeps repeating ala the Tower of Babylon, maybe the cycle needs to be broken?

We can still play the " inferiority versus superiority" game but I'd say either way the cat's pretty out of the bag on expecting blacks and whites to share the same society, innit? People have a fundamental bias towards their own group and that's an Achilles heel for how the modern US is supposed to work.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Sure, you can make that argument.

There is absolutely an appeal to "let's just get it fucking over with"

But an outpouring of violence of that level is going to forever kill that Star Trek dream, if it isn't dead already, no one will ever try to maintain a civilization as multiethnic as ours again at least not for thousands of years.

And if this is a cycle that just keeps repeating ala the Tower of Babylon, maybe the cycle needs to be broken?

We can still play the " inferiority versus superiority" game but I'd say either way the cat's pretty out of the bag on expecting blacks and whites to share the same society, innit? People have a fundamental bias towards their own group and that's an Achilles heel for how the modern US is supposed to work.
star trek dream? tower of babylon? you sound like you're drunk lol

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
star trek dream? tower of babylon? you sound like you're drunk lol
Gee, I wish I was drunk.

It should be obvious what I'm talking about, it's not rocket science dude, when I say "Star Trek Dream" I mean the idea that all of mankind can put aside our differences and literally reach for the stars.

The Tower of Babylon story says that no, the bigger we are, the harder we fall, when we try to bring humanity together to reach for the stars our divisions will cause it all to collapse, the fact that there's a story in the Bible that works as such a perfect metaphor for what is happening now implies that it really has all happened before and gets remembered as a myth or semi-myth.

The test of time has proven that human nature simply won't allow the gaps between people of different races to be bridged well enough for it to not ultimately fall apart into chaos, the implicit bias is simply too strong, it's literally what's happening and has been happening for years.

The dream of mankind achieving some Star Trek style utopia died in Florida in the year 2012 and we thought the Mayans were wrong when they said the world would end in 2012, it did, the beginning of the end of our modern world really did start in 2012, as crazy as that is.

What does it all mean? It could simply mean like I said we've been here before, once upon a time there was an advanced society like us that tried to do what we did and fell apart for the reasons we're falling apart and it gets remembered as a myth ala Tower of Babel or Atlantis or something like that, but within the myth lies an absolute grain of truth.

The Real SVP

kiwifarms.net
What doing that is going to do is start a string of violence that won't stop until there's no one left.
If that was the case, then why are there still people left today? There have been plenty of violent purges over the course of history, and the children of the people who did them are still here to talk about them.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If that was the case, then why are there still people left today? There have been plenty of violent purges over the course of history, and the children of the people who did them are still here to talk about them.
Well, for one thing, they didn't have nuclear bombs back then.

But in all seriousness, despite my doomposting I do want to say that maybe I'm wrong? I can be cynical sometimes (who, me?) but you've got to try to understand that I don't want to be a doomer, I just look at the world around me and try to come to a logical conclusion and that's what happens.

But of course I don't know everything, my "logical conclusion" really hits me with incredible depression sometimes, so I pretty much have to be a little optimistic by force.

Because like I said, my cynicism could still be wrong, I think about the fact that I look back on the year 2002 as "the good old days" but if I were the same age I am now back then I'd probably be dooming about the post 9/11 era and would miss what actually was cool about the year 2002.

I think about the fact that I'm nostalgic in general for the 2000s but you had plenty of reason to be dooming back then about the post 9/11 climate, Dubya and all that shit, with the irony being today we know all of it basically went nowhere, we pivoted into other problems, we're not living the 2000s' vision of a dystopian future of America turning into some right wing theocracy or large scale jihadist terrorism happening constantly or whatever.

Are we going to look back at the last ten years someday and laugh at it's worries? "Remember when people literally thought there was going to be a race war lmao", we really just don't know for sure what the future holds at the end of the day.

So ya know, always important to keep some perspective.