When the internet goes down, what are your plans to keep yourselves entertained?

cantankerous jackalope

kiwifarms.net
So let's assume that some oopsie whoopsie we made a fucky wucky bullshit happens during the winter and the internet goes down completely. Some of you schizos might assume its going to be brought back up as the internet 2 - the internet's lobotimized drooling retarded cousin with only a handful of websites - but this won't happen for at least six months. As a caveat cell service will still work to prevent complete societal collapse but gone are the days of using netflix, using hulu, playing any digital vidya, or MMOs.

If such a thing were to happen in, oh let's say maybe anywhere from late December to Early February - what's your gameplan? Keep in mind electronics will still work, you just can't take them online. What are you torrenting? Are you buying books? What kinds of sandbox videogames are you downloading to pass the time? What are some key pieces of information that will likely be scrubbed from this current internet when the new internet comes back online?

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
This happened to me last Summer. There was a bad thunderstorm which worried me because of the red flag warning in effect. While the power did stay on I did lose my internet connection while watching MST3K. Since then I prepared by purchasing movies. It's a good way to have something to watch. In a way it's better than relaying on video sites like YouTube.

The Last Stand

RIP Betty White (1922-2021)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This happened to me last Summer. There was a bad thunderstorm which worried me because of the red flag warning in effect. While the power did stay on I did lose my internet connection while watching MST3K. Since then I prepared by purchasing movies. It's a good way to have something to watch. In a way it's better than relaying on video sites like YouTube.
Good idea, I should have backups.

Poison Apple

chronic menace
kiwifarms.net
How do you make sure that Steam doesn't get stuck at "connecting" when it's offline? Is there some sort of button I need to check in the settings?
If you have no internet and Steam attempts to login, it will give you a warning prompt telling you it can't connect, it gives three options, retry, enter offline mode or close. Offline mode is basically super stripped down, you can still browse your library, both installed and uninstalled games but most Steam services are turned off and the friends list is completely turned off until you reset Steam back into its normal mode.

Dysnomia

Anime Avatar
kiwifarms.net
I have games and books and stuff. But I'd be bored with no internet for sure. Luckily I'm more active outside in winter because fuck summer and being sweaty. It's just that this wouldn't be a good time because I'm very likely going to need my knee operated on. So my ability to be out in the cold enjoying the fact that no one else wants to take a pleasure walk when it's 18 degrees is going to get squashed.

BerriesArnold

kiwifarms.net
I've always been a hobby writer/animator, so it would be an fantastic opportunity to brush up on those. It sucks up a lot of time so it's perfect if things hit the shitter.