When the internet goes down, what are your plans to keep yourselves entertained?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Jetpack Himmler

Secret Shota
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Keep on writing my stories. I still have the phone numbers of some online friends. Maybe call home more.

Man, I remember when my Dad signed our household up for the Internet in the latter half 1996. I had just entered middle school and I could only go on for half an hour tops because it was dial-up. Web 1.0 was a much happier place before likes like MySpace, then Facebook and Twitter polluted it. I mean, trolls were always lurking in the shadows, but there weren't as many people angrily sperging out 24/7 as there are now. Losing the Internet would almost feel like a much-needed vacation.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
I have enough alcohol, cigars and movies to last me for at least a few years. I have just enough guitars and sound gear to prevent boredom with playing. Beyond that, I have an endless list of shit I need to do around my property. I could clear cut and level off an acre or two and plant a pretty sweet garden and raise some animals. Maybe I'll just sit on the porch and imagine myself doing it while I drink coffee and laugh at my own laziness.

The Lawgiver

THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EARTH THE STRONGE
kiwifarms.net
I BUILD BROWN BRICK IN MINECRAP, OF COURSE!
BUILDING BRICKS IN MINECRAP IS THE MOST POSSIBLE FUN YOU CAN HAVE WHILE PLAYING YOUR LIFE!

Seriously though, I'll find something if it ever happens.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every single one of us with an introverted personality and a sizeable collection of books/music/games/movies/TV stowed away, especially as hard copies, will be sitting pretty.

I dunno, I guess I'll just enjoy those and continue to practice and get better at creative things I like to do. December through February is during the winter, so it's not like I'd really wanna go anywhere anyway.

It'd be really interesting to see how the internet changes after being down for everyone for three months. Like I wonder just how many people would drift away after realizing they've just been continually addicted to it for who knows how long, and how many would kill themselves because their magic hugbox is gone.

Dwight Frye

Renfield, you asshole!
kiwifarms.net
I have roughly 30,000 ebooks, about 6 TB of movies, tv shows and games. I run/play a few tabletop games. I like hiking and being outdoors and there’s always just having a few friends over, drinking a few beers, play some cards and shoot the shit, and this is just my free time, still have work to keep me occupied. I’ll be fine without internet

Oranguru

Proud Lipophobe & Sodium Hater
kiwifarms.net
Work on my art and writing composition skills, and tell fictional stories. And also clean/organize things more often. There's always something to do offline.

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
This some kind of conspiracy theory or something?

No Internet would suck. Did people just thumb through random fucking books at the public library before the net to figure things out?

Using it for entertainment is fine, but it's the "super information highway" part that is necessary.

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
I have a shitton of physical and e-media stacked up. And an enforced break from eBay and Etsy and yes, KF itself would only do me good. Maybe I'd scrape up enough motivation to get some writing done.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
This some kind of conspiracy theory or something?

No Internet would suck. Did people just thumb through random fucking books at the public library before the net to figure things out?
Yes. It was common that some folks would come into the library and read the magazines or read books without checking them out all the time to the point that nearly all libraries have comfy chairs or tables for you to do at.