When will Japan fall to Western Left Wing influence? - The end of Anime and Manga

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The anime subculture has always been in a very strange space politically. They're very fine with people being gay and the most popular manga/anime often have very risque individualistic messages that go against Japanese culture itself. There is an openness to foreigners and even a love of foreigners, but there is literally no anti-Japaneism and very few works condemn Japan itself or have anything close resembling critique of the totality of Japanese society. It's weirdly progressive, weirdly libertarian and also extremely socially conservative all at the same time and sometimes all in the same manga/anime.
It wasn't normies that killed comics.

Normies liked comics back in the day.

It was because comics in the west became convoluted, boring, confusing, and ideologues took control of the companies.
The woke stuff came later, like really later... Like slightly more than three or four decades ago in a history that spans literally more than a century. I think the downfall of American comics is due to suburbia, moral panics and the rise of other media.

American comics originally appealed to young urban youths and spread out from there. They never really diversified their market to really appeal to older people who weren't uber nerds, and going to the shop to buy comics on your own stopped being a thing because of all the moral panics, the rise of suburbia and the end of kids just running around in the streets doing stuff with their friends. They couldn't even shake the stigma of comics being a kid thing and had to invent "graphic novels" to get around it. Kids had less freedom to buy comics but their attention had also been redirected to the video games, movies and toys their parents were now buying for them.

Western teenagers started to see cheaply dubbed anime on TV and developed their own subcultures. Instead of this culture being defined by moderate politics, you instead see alot diversity in extreme politics. I think the anime itself has a lot to do with that.

I don't think woke cancel culture will tear anime apart from the inside. These people all know and respect each other despite their different views. It'll have to be something external like China or Disney if it bothered to conquer anime translation.

I've only ever read one book on the history of comics so don't take me for too much of an expert on that but I sure as hell know my weeb history.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
When China takes over and makes anime look like that for one more FU to the Japanese then Korean mahwa will reign supreme. Speaking of which I wonder what the creator of Freezing thinks as he’s done crazier things Akamatsu wishes he could have made.

edricluffie

Learning Artist
kiwifarms.net
People have always love mangas for their unique stories, even the Chinese audience. I doubt they will change at all. If they were pressured to change, seinen and hentais would have been gone long time ago.

The only ones putting pressures are the screaming lunatics of sjw and western medias. But judging by the higher sales of manga than comic, I don't think they will change.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please enlighten me who is this Twitter user first.
Ok since this question is not answered I'll answer the question myself:

1623240773449.png

A Twitter nobody, but ok, let's still entertain anyway, he tweeted this before that "too late to gatekeep manga" tweet:

1623240829370.png

And the article is....

1623240900380.png

To summarize:

1. Creator of Love Hina praised Japan for freedom of expression and claimed that this made manga competitive in the global market when compared with international comics.
2. According to Akamatsu and Kobayashi, manga going international would be a problem in terms of political correctness and they don't think a manga series will sell that much if it sells itself as being political correct.

To put in another simpler way, this fearmongering is bullshit due to the freedom of expression in Japan and they know what will sell and what wouldn't. Before anyone tells me I skipped the last paragraph, it doesn't change a thing at all on what I said because the manga and anime publishers are criticised for it. In other words, it's a waste of time trying to create fear over this.

And as for the Sword Art Online series, this is the shit people are obsessed about:

1623241673487.png

And these are the parts the article leave out from the ANN article for... some reason (hmmm I wonder why, this cannot be possible, journalists are telling the truth, they totally aren't here for outrage clicks):

1623242436267.png

1623241776590.png

If you look at these, especially with the criticisms of SAO in general such as writing, and still think the SAO author is turning SJW, then I have nothing to say.

On another note, how do you define an anime/manga to be woke? Female protagonists? Gay or lesbian relationships? Diverse characters? No white people? If you say yes to most or even all of them then I'm sorry to say this to you but anime is pretty much stereotyped to these ever since way long ago.

Antarctic Hellbeast

"Roaming the ice fields of Antarctica"
kiwifarms.net
Already has tbh.

Too many annoying chickenshit protags afraid of even holding their love interest's hand that are shit out every fucking season since the last decade.

They existed before that but they were not literally every other show in the whatever random season you try to jump back into anime and at least tried to keep it an entertaining and believable show, rather than an exercise in second hand frustration and self flagellation before you drop the shows, and stop watching anime entirely.

Last edited:

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
I wonder just how globohomo anime can really get. Imagine Love Live but everyone is black, gay, trans, or latinx. That would be hilarious.

If you go by tumblr fanart they already are. I've seen the voluptuous girl with the scrunchie twintails as a fat black.... thing with sasquatch legs. Now imagine tumblr as a compass to how to draw official waifu arts. No faps allowed here. You will think black translesbian fatty is best girl. :mad:

I think that attempting to fuck with Japanese media this way will cause sales to plunge both in Japan and abroad. People don't buy anime and manga to look at tumblr level cringe. It's one of the last bastions of cute and sexy that isn't tainted by woke.

Anyone dumb enough to try this will see their franchise tank.

Try a few oneshots and see what happens. I guarantee the people crying foul about how mangos and aneemooz aren't woke enough won't buy the books. They will just gush over them for a few days on social media until the next thing they want to ruin is on the radar. Just like western comics and vidya.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Ok since this question is not answered I'll answer the question myself:

View attachment 2246169

A Twitter nobody, but ok, let's still entertain anyway, he tweeted this before that "too late to gatekeep manga" tweet:

View attachment 2246175

And the article is....

View attachment 2246177

To summarize:

1. Creator of Love Hina praised Japan for freedom of expression and claimed that this made manga competitive in the global market when compared with international comics.
2. According to Akamatsu and Kobayashi, manga going international would be a problem in terms of political correctness and they don't think a manga series will sell that much if it sells itself as being political correct.

To put in another simpler way, this fearmongering is bullshit due to the freedom of expression in Japan and they know what will sell and what wouldn't. Before anyone tells me I skipped the last paragraph, it doesn't change a thing at all on what I said because the manga and anime publishers are criticised for it. In other words, it's a waste of time trying to create fear over this.

And as for the Sword Art Online series, this is the shit people are obsessed about:

View attachment 2246193

And these are the parts the article leave out from the ANN article for... some reason (hmmm I wonder why, this cannot be possible, journalists are telling the truth, they totally aren't here for outrage clicks):

View attachment 2246210

View attachment 2246196

If you look at these, especially with the criticisms of SAO in general such as writing, and still think the SAO author is turning SJW, then I have nothing to say.

On another note, how do you define an anime/manga to be woke? Female protagonists? Gay or lesbian relationships? Diverse characters? No white people? If you say yes to most or even all of them then I'm sorry to say this to you but anime is pretty much stereotyped to these ever since way long ago.

If the writing is so ideologically infused to the point they constantly talk about race and gender issues constantly and shit on the audience. Also censored/tame/PC designs and a mean spirited attitude.

And I dunno, the writer for SAO sounds pretty SJW to me, but I dunno I mean it seems like he's saying he's concerned about the female characters being "damsels" which is a red flag.

Agent Abe Caprine

Goat rights are human rights
kiwifarms.net
The downfall of American comics was the Comics Code. Prior to that, superheroes was just one of the many genres comics explored. Then some psychologist named Fredric Wertham freaked out over the content of some comics. The Comics Code was made instead of something reasonable like an age ratings system. The guidelines made it nearly impossible to make comics that weren't capeshit or Archie.

Fredric, mass murderer of horror comics, claims he just wanted age ratings.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really don't know why I should care about bad anime series like SAO.
idk, GamerGate communities for some dumb reason having a hardon for that series should tell you a lot about how much they actually are as anime/manga fans.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
idk, GamerGate communities for some dumb reason having a hardon for that series should tell you a lot about how much they actually are as anime/manga fans.

You moaning about Gamergate gives off the impression you are arguing in bad faith.

Mind if I ask, if they did censor anime/manga and turned it hyper woke and partisan and toned down like American entertainment, would you still be calling people dumb?

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You moaning about Gamergate gives off the impression you are arguing in bad faith.
1623332954415.png

This isn't Reddit where you can spout as many buzzwords ("bad faith", "ad hominem", "strawman, "gaslight", etc.) as you can and try and get more karma and upvotes, dude.What I did was making an observation based on how KiA keeps on sperging about SAO.

Mind if I ask, if they did censor anime/manga and turned it hyper woke and partisan and toned down like American entertainment, would you still be calling people dumb?
I take it as if you did not even read any of the stuff posted here at all since it's mentioned that Japan has freedom of expression when it comes to manga and anime which is how and why there's a competitive market over there and it's not a problem when it comes to pandering to social justice at all unless it goes overseas.

Btw answer is no, I won't be calling people dumb but you can pretend you can ignore that paragraph I leave it above if you want to fit your arguments (if you even have any, that is)

Last edited:

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
It’s already a dead culture; look at their cratering birth rates. Most Japanese seem to live deracinated, apathetic lives of consumption like the typical Western bugman. Homogenous demographics are good but they don’t matter if you don’t reproduce them. I have no doubt corporations will lobby to import Filipinos, Chinese etc en masse to deal with labor shortages.

The people using animu and mango vs SJWs as the basis to evaluate the Japanese are fucking retarded btw. If you admire that culture, engage with something other than its lowest products.