When will the United States collapse

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

homonculus

Please let me go back to hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are many ways to collapse. Financial, economic, and political collapse happen frequently. The truely horrific social collapse people think about in post apocalyptic larping is likely a long ways off.

Financial collapse, however, is likely closer than any american enjoying well paid and abundant work would like to think. The stock market is right now the most over-valued it has ever been thanks to the Bush/Obama response to the 2008 recession. The stock market is rich on cheap debt, but poor in actual assets. Take Tesla for example. Their market cap (46 billion $) is greater than that of GM by 3 billion, despite not having 1/10 the physical assets or sales of the behemoth that is GM.
The stock price is just cheap debt, and it's value is only derived from the faith people have in it to deliver.

Now here's the scary part: everyone with a 401k is dependent on faith based value for their retirement to support them for 20-30 years.

I expect a financial collapse that guts the 401k system to hit in 1-5 years. The loss of the petrodollar due to decreased geopolitical clout will mean the cheap debt party is over since we are no longer printing the paper everyone wants, and the markets will collpase catastrophically. This will leave a legion recently retired, frothing at the mouth baby boomers in poverty and dependent on government handouts. The other stages of collapse will follow, and how quickly depends on how civil the boomers are.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The USA hasn't even outlasted most of the shitty Chinese dynasties.

Perhaps its death will be economic but there really isn't any serious challengers at the moment. Every other society is becoming overly bureaucratic but the USA is the only one that maintains the advantage of freedom.

JustStopDude

kiwifarms.net
Water and food. This is how nations implode. As long as enough people can eat, a government can barely hang on...see Zimbabwe and Venezuela.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
It's either when we let another guy who is dumber than Trump become President or an insane troon finally gets their way and most of an generation or two is rendered sterile transgender and we have an labor shortage.

Failing that, there's the unsustainable housing costs, like what California is going through; but that could happen anywhere.

byuu

Non-binary they/them
kiwifarms.net
The way he tried to blame the shooting on K-Mart because they sold the bullets...really fucking pissed me off.
I haven't watched it for ages but wasn't the final conclusion of the documentary that it's the media's fault for overhyping fear or something, not the guns?

wylfım

To live a lie, or die in a dream?
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps its death will be economic but there really isn't any serious challengers at the moment. Every other society is becoming overly bureaucratic but the USA is the only one that maintains the advantage of freedom.
The truely horrific social collapse people think about in post apocalyptic larping is likely a long ways off.
I don't know, the proportion of androgynous troons has massively increased just this past year alone from my experience. Let's not forget about college campuses increasingly become toxic environments where little to no actual learning occurs, with postmodernism starting to infiltrate even the hard sciences. Ever try convincing a progressive liberal anything? Even the ones that hate radical leftism have a very subjective view of society, where nothing can be know objectively and no argument is true because "logical fallacies". This is the GenZ that will grow up to rule our country. While we're not at Randian levels of punishment for success, we're gradually getting there.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are many ways to collapse. Financial, economic, and political collapse happen frequently. The truely horrific social collapse people think about in post apocalyptic larping is likely a long ways off.

Financial collapse, however, is likely closer than any american enjoying well paid and abundant work would like to think. The stock market is right now the most over-valued it has ever been thanks to the Bush/Obama response to the 2008 recession. The stock market is rich on cheap debt, but poor in actual assets. Take Tesla for example. Their market cap (46 billion $) is greater than that of GM by 3 billion, despite not having 1/10 the physical assets or sales of the behemoth that is GM.
The stock price is just cheap debt, and it's value is only derived from the faith people have in it to deliver.

Now here's the scary part: everyone with a 401k is dependent on faith based value for their retirement to support them for 20-30 years.

I expect a financial collapse that guts the 401k system to hit in 1-5 years. The loss of the petrodollar due to decreased geopolitical clout will mean the cheap debt party is over since we are no longer printing the paper everyone wants, and the markets will collpase catastrophically. This will leave a legion recently retired, frothing at the mouth baby boomers in poverty and dependent on government handouts. The other stages of collapse will follow, and how quickly depends on how civil the boomers are.
FEMA better start stockpiling Monster Zero Ultra at distribution centers across the country then.