Where do you pirate your music from? -

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'd be weary of any public trackers these days. Many of them are likely honeypots.
Tribler may be worth a look. While it doesn't advertise itself as being much protection against actual government actors, and is pretty experimental, it uses something like onion routing to semi-anonymize torrenting (at the cost of a substantial performance hit if you choose longer chains). This might provide some level of security against rogue trackers (or it might not neither I nor the people producing this thing promise much).

Disappointment

kiwifarms.net
Any of you guys know good sources for tunes that are private trackers or file share blogs?
I have a membership to waffles.fm. When what went down, I didn't bother joining PTH or whatever because I figured waffles would be "back up in no time". That was a terrible mistake.

Why the fuck do I even have a seedbox at this point?

I get most of my music from bandcamp now. That, and re-listening to music I've already downloaded.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm necroing this thread because I really need a new source for pirating music. Any suggestions?

Guts Gets Some

Don't lose your way
kiwifarms.net
Youtube has free music videos. Convert to MP3, done.

Back in the day, you could just use Google or something like Limewire (before they became infested with CP and the like, it was all about music)

Lemurakk

kiwifarms.net
I'm necroing this thread because I really need a new source for pirating music. Any suggestions?
Youtube-DLG for downloading from youtube and Deezloader which allows you to download directly from Deezer. If i can't find what i'm looking for there i just go to Rutracker.org.

Reactions: Timecube

Technetium

kiwifarms.net
I use Youtube mostly to find new (for me) stuff, and then I usually am able to find most of that stuff as good quality files on Soulseek.

Demonslayer1776

Jogger Lover
kiwifarms.net
If you can get an invite red is good. Private trackers are a deal breaker for some but Ive always found them to be the best solution for whatever I'm trying to download.

Dwight Schrute

Murder, not mukduk.
kiwifarms.net
I convert YouTube videos to MP3 if I download a song. But I have no use to download music, really. I use a modified version of Spotify on Android that let's me get premium features for free. So I just stream from there.

Tags
None