Where do you see the US in 2050 - Doom Posting aside

soulgains

kiwifarms.net
true that, and god knows what else is being cooked in the labs of the U.S. and Russia. I'm sure Eric Traub cooked up something bad when he was brought over, and last year showd how easy it is to fuck up and let something out. And I'm not talking sniffles and what ever this was, some immune system wrecking bug I mean.

I feel like people have come so accustomed to the idea that doomsday devices exist. And plenty of them to destroy life on the planet a few times over. People forget how many times we've been only a few minutes to midnight with nukes flying. Lord knows how many went MIA after the soviet union collapsed. And if I'm not mistaken some teenager tried to build one in his parents garage some years ago but got shut down when he was looking for some component. So if some kid could try to make one, who the fuck knows whats going on in the middle east. But that would be more of a local event, not reallydoomsday. Would be a turning point in history I'm sure.
But I do feel like it's diplomatic suicide for any power to launch a nuke. The only way I could see it would be a "sewing salt in the earth type move" to ward off an invasion of some kind. or some rouge piece of shit trying to be the next MacArthur
Of course it'd be diplomatic suicide, but with Qtards like MTG actually holding office anything is possible. I wouldn't put it past some rapidly aging geriatric politician, even a Dem like Joe Biden, to unironically think nuclear war is a viable option and that America could actually win a nuclear war, let alone the 94 IQ Mexican and Arab inheritors of Western civilization.

Nuclear terrorism is more likely now than ever before, considering that nuclear warheads are purchasable on the black market in some of those aforementioned Eastern bloc countries, like Bulgaria and Belarus. I think that it's only a matter of time before something of the sort happens, albeit on the scale of 9/11 and not an entire city being wiped off the map.

BullDogsLipBrandClamjuice

Soda Jerk from Venus
kiwifarms.net
Of course it'd be diplomatic suicide, but with Qtards like MTG actually holding office anything is possible. I wouldn't put it past some rapidly aging geriatric politician, even a Dem like Joe Biden, to unironically think nuclear war is a viable option and that America could actually win a nuclear war, let alone the 94 IQ Mexican and Arab inheritors of Western civilization.

Nuclear terrorism is more likely now than ever before, considering that nuclear warheads are purchasable on the black market in some of those aforementioned Eastern bloc countries, like Bulgaria and Belarus. I think that it's only a matter of time before something of the sort happens, albeit on the scale of 9/11 and not an entire city being wiped off the map.
Nah man I don buy it. I don think the pres controls very much anyway, he's just a figurehead. Some General would override that order. And I dont think Qtards are even that retarded. Then again never underestimate the power of retards( in general).

Yeah thats what they tell us, the holy grail for a terror cell is a nuke. Just gotta pray your no where close if one lights off. Or if you are close enough, he'll I'd rather be a shadow on the wall than die of radiation sickness and burns a week later. I think it's a possibility, but god willing we'll dodge that bullet.
May I suggest "When the Wind blows" , the comic- ive never seen the film

Traummaschine

kiwifarms.net
Don't want to be all doom and gloom as most others here, but it's hard to see the west's clear hegemony lasting that long, and that is going to have consequences.

At the same time project diversity is bound to have some destabilizing effect. We are bound to see some conflict as different groups are looking to gain more power/remain in power.

And those two things will work together. If there are bad times, it'll be a breeding ground for group tension.

BullDogsLipBrandClamjuice

Soda Jerk from Venus
kiwifarms.net
breeding ground for group tension.
I feel like we're seeing that now. Granted I can't tell how much is exaggerated thanks to social/traditional media. I realize many people will say "yeah x,y and z needs to stop", but I feel like thats what your supposed to say. It's like how Germans where at one point, at least from what I'm told, would tell you what they're supposed to say but believe/talk amongst close friends differently.
And then there's all these damn echo chambers, you cant escape them. Not many peope have nuance in beliefs, it's a breeding ground for "Us vs Them", which I'm sure is in everyone's face now. I can't stand all this bullshit keeping people divided and at each others necks.

But empires have a lifespan, I've read 250-300 years, so we'll see how this plays out.
I reccommend Chris Hedges, I don't agree with every thing he says but his take on the state of the empire seems pretty spot on.
His takes on the diseases of dispair, how the only thing tying us all together is pop culture along with how fuckers like Maddow or Beck are the same type of creature with different masks making you hate your neighbor are on point. Again some of his takes to me seem a little elitest, but he's discription of the plight of the "white working class" is the best I heard. They're dismissed/forgotten about, and it builds resentment while they're demonized for feeling like that. It's so bizarre, everything is so bizarre. But the weirdness will be normal next generation. I guess that's how history goes.

Gay Kenshiro

You are already dead when you start laughing
kiwifarms.net
I feel the healthiest way of looking at the future is imagining it through Hegelian Dialectics (haha fallout reference) in that human civilization is just a massive amount of reactions overcorrections to what happened before, and since the internet caused cultrue to warp to hyperspeed, we will see a massive amount of those overcorrections happening more frequently.

The Americas will be a shadow of their former selfs, rendered a joke among the civilized world, a collection of tribals of varying ethnicity and ideology battling it out for who is the bestest. The upside is that trannies will be gone since there are no doctors to cut off their genitals.

Without America filling the black hole of consumption the economy runs on, the flaws of China's Autocratic Capitalist system comes to the fore, and a great depression hits. Either the government finds a way to incentivize its own citizens to become boomer levels of consumerist and thus maintains its momentum, becoming USA 2.0, or it falls apart again.

Ever since Putin's cult of personality died with him, Russia falls to petty power squabbling. At best, it becomes a confederation.

With the embarrassing failure of the European Union, all countries formerly under its pact have become fiercely defended ethno-states that only ever unite to repel invaders from elsewhere in the world (like a futuristic, military-punk ancient Greece).

Even though the uni-party Muslim Theocracy of All-of-Middle-East-akistan will have wealth thanks to Oil Fields and a large amount of military might, the rise of racism and isolationism the world over will make the idea of spreading their religion further untenable, and even Jyhadists aren't retarded enough to risk MAD. They become isolationist as well, possibly kicking off a second Arabic Golden Age.

Afirca will still be a hellhole, and North Korea will be the same because of how restricted information access is there, lol.

TL;DR Globalism will fall to Isolationism and countries will go back to being Ethno-states and Theocracies that hate each other.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
I suppose much the same but much more irrelevant in the world stage. Even for american companies the number one priority will be asian markets, this is becoming a reality already. Even US cultural exports will be shaped more by asia.

Texas will be like 90% latinos. Around that time you will see a whole generation of politicians with hispanic names in both parties and latinos will be the major decisive factor in elections. Otherwise i'd say bussines as usual.

Comparatively Muhrica will probably still be better than the rest of the continent, and still have a big economy , a lot of creative destruction will happen with automation but the usa is good at adapting and making new industries when others die so i don't really believe any doom scenarios where USA turns into Argentina or Venezuela. If quality of life decreases in the states it sure as fuck will decrease like 10x more in the rest of the hemisphere and for america is a slower process not a sudden death spiral. Every time theres major finantial crisis in America other countries ends up hit way worse. True for the great deppression and 2008 for example.

A lot of small towns and small cities will be have multiples the population and size, most middle class people who now would be saving for a house in the suburbs would be looking instead for humbler apartments in gated communities. Standards of what is wealthy and what is poor will change but they won't be starving or sucking some gang member cock for bottle caps, americans will simply need to adjust to how much of the rest of the world already lives. I am not sure America will last that long without becoming more like a socdem nanny state, specially when boomers die, millenials take over more political roles and zoomers and alphas as the major voting blocks . The good news: free or cheaper uni. The bad news: salaries are worth dick now and competition is much higher. Welcome to karoshi-land. At least there would be more equality, that is between poor and middle class because the upper class will be on another galaxy alltogether.

The period of 1950s-2000s will be long remembered with nostalgia as a momentary golden era of american hegemony for a long time but i do not think it will be repeated unless theres wwIII and america ends in the winning side without being blown to bits.

Last edited:

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
It’s a simple answer really:

Will America be less white in 2050? If so, it will be shittier.

Will America be more white in 2050? If so, it will be better.

As someone who doesn’t entertain the delusions of grandeur regarding the deus ex machina known as baste minorities (hint: they don’t exist and will never exist, at least not in quantities to actually change anything) I’ve largely accepted America’s best days are far behind us. It’s not a black pill but a red one; my focus is making sure my family still enjoys a high quality and standard of living.

If America does get its shit together, I’ll be glad but there is a perfect inverse correlation of the quality of America and the number of minorities. At this point, the last remaining amounts of wealth are being plundered. America seems to be a bust-out state where all the wealth gets drained out of it and the (((parasites))) hop onto a new host. That’s why moving out of the country doesn’t sound like a bad idea, if you can’t beat em, join em!

Fek

What could possibly go wrong?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
America seems to be a bust-out state where all the wealth gets drained out of it and the (((parasites))) hop onto a new host.
You're not wrong. For years now, the IMF has been planting seeds of acceptance for when they inevitably uproot and move to Beijing. The true.."powers that be"..are positioning themselves to detach and jump to a new host within most of our lifetimes. This isn't because they're reacting to our decline so much as it is a plan long in the making finally coming to a head.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net

It's actually become MORE likely for us to be nuked now than the Cold War because of the nuclear alignment that is ongoing. The doctrine is constantly being rewritten and new countermeasures are getting to the point that civilization could feasibly survive a conflict. Which sounds good until you realize that means a Kamala Harris type could eventually decide it's ok to spend time in a bunker and come out after a couple billion get fried.

Gig Bucking Fun

The ass was fat
kiwifarms.net
Nothing. Fucking nothing.

People love to pretend they’re on the cusp of the downfall of America cuz nothing interesting is going on in their lives. They have to live out some gay fantasy online where America gets raped and pillaged by every country in the world to make up for the boredom they experience while they get connected to their 11th game of LoL that day.

There’s not going to be some just, man-made revolution where all the bad people are wiped from the face of earth, the same way there’s not going to be some evil revolution where all the good people are destroyed and only wickedness survives.

I predict nothing will change. Nothing ever changes. Nothing ever will change.

Freshly Baked Socks

what would YOU do with a brain if you had one?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doomposting aside, I've survived too many apocalypses to worry about another.

Y2k, the end of the the mayan calendar ... even before that it seemed like every christian was clamouring for the rapture or some other Revelationistic nonsense.

But, I can be certain that in the USA, in 2050, if I am alive - 90+% of society will consider me a senile and demented dotard, so, there is that to look forward to. The real question which keeps me up at night is, will I live in my own home and be murdered by joggers - or be put in a state-home for my final ... 20 or fewer years of oatmeal consooming until used as a punching bag by a warden.

mario if smoke weed

I'm super duper, with a big tuper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Without doomposting? Challenge accepted.

If somehow more people (especially those on the far left) manage to wake up, see the truth, and turn their energy towards the elite controlling them within the next decade or so, we can reverse some of the damage done by the elite. Divided we fall, but united we stand; if the libtards stopped bitching about trivial bullshit like they do, swallowed their pride and worked with the rest of us, we could push for change more effectively. The big reason we're failing as a country is because the elite managed to divide people into differing political groups and turn us amongst eachother. As America is a very influential country, a more united United States could lead to an improved world. However, it could be that turning moment in history where it's now or perhaps never.

Nothing is impossible or certain; something really amazing could happen that sparks this change. Maybe the elite get caught in 4K doing something shitty and they find themselves unable to fool us. We'll just have to keep doing what we do and hope for the best.

Marshal Mannerheim

Koti, uskonto, ja isänmaa.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gradual balkanisation.

We won't wake up one day and see that the South has decided to secede, but I'd be unsurprised if the next four years see red states refusing to follow or enforce federal laws - transgenderism seems like it might be the cause of that. Similarly, if DSA types manage to gain a majority on city, county or state governments I'd also be unsurprised if they say ”fuck Biden, we're doing what we want”. Come 2024, the US will probably be a weaker union of states than it is now and the 2024 election might well go to the House, complicating things further.

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
Gradual balkanisation.

We won't wake up one day and see that the South has decided to secede, but I'd be unsurprised if the next four years see red states refusing to follow or enforce federal laws - transgenderism seems like it might be the cause of that. Similarly, if DSA types manage to gain a majority on city, county or state governments I'd also be unsurprised if they say ”fuck Biden, we're doing what we want”. Come 2024, the US will probably be a weaker union of states than it is now and the 2024 election might well go to the House, complicating things further.
Such radical action because of troons? Why?

The Curmudgeon

kiwifarms.net
If I don't die before that time, I'll be 68. I just hope the United States won't be too fucked up by then. Based on what I've seen in this thread though, the future isn't looking bright. On the other hand, I'll probably be more focused on making my golden years happy instead of caring about the country or society anymore.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing. Fucking nothing.

People love to pretend they’re on the cusp of the downfall of America cuz nothing interesting is going on in their lives. They have to live out some gay fantasy online where America gets raped and pillaged by every country in the world to make up for the boredom they experience while they get connected to their 11th game of LoL that day.

There’s not going to be some just, man-made revolution where all the bad people are wiped from the face of earth, the same way there’s not going to be some evil revolution where all the good people are destroyed and only wickedness survives.

I predict nothing will change. Nothing ever changes. Nothing ever will change.
So are you the kind of person that considers the security state that arose after 9/11 and the 2008 crash as business as usual or? For the record I fully agree Americans will shit themselves and do nothing, but they don't live in a void either. Eventually reality is going to take note of all the corruption and incompetence festering through the United State's administration, infrastructure, and military - leading to *something* important breaking at the wrong time. A supply line breaks down for too long, a succession crisis kicks off, too many cities are accepted as no gone zones, a brain drain starts, etc. etc.

Actually - how the hell is COVID and the entire last year nothing happening? The Government is concerned about it's very legitimacy after some Boomers LARPed into the Senate, restaurants are finally admitting they are having supply line issues and can not supply certain food (chicken, lumber, microchips, gas, steel, metals, chlorine, and ketchup are all becoming harder to obtain), small business as a class got raped, and 45% of the East Coast's supply of diesel just got shut down literally a few days ago because of a cyber attack.

So I have to ask, what the hell do you consider an actual change or happening then?

Marshal Mannerheim

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Such radical action because of troons? Why?
Troonery is the issue du jour of the left and is being pushed by a comparatively weak president in opposition to what a lot of the South and Midwest want.

If Biden tries to pass a federal law regarding troons, which I think he will do, I'd be unsurprised if lots of red states just go ”lol no”.

Cabelaz

Hang ‘Em High.
kiwifarms.net
Troonery is the issue du jour of the left and is being pushed by a comparatively weak president in opposition to what a lot of the South and Midwest want.

If Biden tries to pass a federal law regarding troons, which I think he will do, I'd be unsurprised if lots of red states just go ”lol no”.
You're delusional if you think transgender people matter to anyone not shitposting on Kiwifarms or 4chan. I have never even heard my friends or family bring it up. I have never met a transgender person in the flesh.
They are a tiny ignored part of society that most people are happy to just let sit in the irrelevant political corner while they finger their stinkditches while we laugh at them.

It still baffles me that /pol/ and A&H unironically think transgenders are what is going to destroy western society. Not the hundreds of more important and more relevant issues that rot society daily. Our downfall will be Jamal and fucking Tommy Tooter.

Marshal Mannerheim

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They are a tiny ignored part of society that most people are happy to just let sit in the irrelevant political corner while they finger their stinkditches while we laugh at them.
Have you been living under a rock for the past five years?

I'm seriously curious because it's either that or you've found some other way to ignore the constant attacks by troons on society. In which case, props to you, but it doesn't mean that they don't exist.