Where does ‘homosexuality’ come from? -

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
It’s fairly constant across cultures and time, although how much it’s been ok to express it has obviously varied an awful lot. That hints strongly that it’s inbuilt and perhaps even has some kind of advantage.

The argument that gays don’t have as many kids also doesn’t mean that it won’t get passed down for two reasons.

1. Historically most people would have bred anyway. If you were a woman you didn’t have much choice.
  2. Remember that genes don’t care who passes them down. So if your sister has ten kids, and you have none, a lot of your genetic material is being passed on anyway. Your sister shares on average half your DNA.
So there could be various mechanisms that mean being gay is not harmful to passing down genes and could even be indirectly beneficial. In various animals, there’s an effect called alloparenting - aunties etc help out the breeding pair and they breed more successfully. The family genes get passed on and so the survival advantage outweighs the helper not breeding

There’s also some evidence that the siblings of gay men have higher breeding success.

So overall, it seems part of the natural human condition, and has enough benefit, albeit maybe indirectly, to persist in the population.

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
I remember in my psychology class in school homosexuality was linked to fetishism and was classified as a mild mental illness.

Lemmingwise

Blamer
kiwifarms.net
If a study provides proof showing a link between something like a viral infection in early childhood and homosexuality, even if the disease is one that is carried in the general population and no more likely to be 'catching' from an adult homosexual than any other adult, there would be an orgy of violence as people throughout the third world executed homosexuals en masse
I'm going to press x to doubt. People already get routinely killed for being gay in the third world and it's very common for people in general (in the third world) to think that gay people should just be killed.

I do think that such studies would be suppressed, but not for the reason you're giving here (though that may be the reason that is stated).

Last edited:

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I remember in my psychology class in school homosexuality was linked to fetishism and was classified as a mild mental illness.
I could see calling it maladaptive in a sense (though I don't personally subscribe to that idea) but mental illness is both a big leap and (considering how immature and prone to exceptional bullshit psychiatry is as a medical science, don't get me started on psychology) singularly unhelpful. Pence memes are still funny though.

• Agree
Reactions: Draza

r00

Goin' Grink
kiwifarms.net
I think some people are gay because humans have sex for pleasure as well as reproduction. Thats pretty much it. I dont buy the born like it argument, and do not believe its an intrinsic part of anyones being. I lean more towards it being environmental, and see it almost like a fetish. People have "types" for everything which are influenced by experiences we have.
I dont think its a choice, but at the same time, if you want to fuck another man then go for it but dont act like its anything more than a personal preference.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I think some people are gay because humans have sex for pleasure as well as reproduction. Thats pretty much it. I dont buy the born like it argument, and do not believe its an intrinsic part of anyones being. I lean more towards it being environmental, and see it almost like a fetish. People have "types" for everything which are influenced by experiences we have.
I dont think its a choice, but at the same time, if you want to fuck another man then go for it but dont act like its anything more than a personal preference.
Yeah I really personally prefer to have people beat the shit out of me for liking guys. It's definitely a personal preference. I've always been able to handle the verbal shit pretty well because most people end up bringing waterpistols to a gunfight there, but I can only do so much against a couple jock-ish rednecks and their fists.

You fucking serious right now? Even with all the crap women throw around, I'd honestly rather be straight as a goddamn arrow when it comes right down to it because there's always some stupid shithead out there who thinks you're automatically part of fucking NAMBLA or something because you like cock and while I tend to be an asshole I'm a remarkably conflict-averse person otherwise. This isn't a choice. Anyone who tells you it was a choice is fucking exceptional and possibly fucking jailhouse.

chunkygoth

*blink*
kiwifarms.net
I'm inclined to think being gay can come from many different sources, be it genetic, a deliberate choice, or an unconscious reaction. There probably is a genetic component. Blanchard studied the fraternal birth order affect and it's supposed to be one of the most consistent identifiers of male homosexuality, and even then it only works for about 15% of gay men. It's not the only component. Many gay men have had unwanted sexual contact as children. Did that make them gay? Or were they targeted because they were already different from their peers? I think it's probably the second explanation.

r00

Goin' Grink
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I really personally prefer to have people beat the shit out of me for liking guys. It's definitely a personal preference. I've always been able to handle the verbal shit pretty well because most people end up bringing waterpistols to a gunfight there, but I can only do so much against a couple jock-ish rednecks and their fists.

You fucking serious right now? Even with all the crap women throw around, I'd honestly rather be straight as a goddamn arrow when it comes right down to it because there's always some stupid shithead out there who thinks you're automatically part of fucking NAMBLA or something because you like cock and while I tend to be an asshole I'm a remarkably conflict-averse person otherwise. This isn't a choice. Anyone who tells you it was a choice is fucking exceptional and possibly fucking jailhouse.
I specifically said i didnt think it was a choice. I think its mostly environmental. I dont believe there is much, if any genetic basis for homosexuality. If you can point me to some good evidence otherwise, ill reconsider. But until they find a gay gene i considet it to be as much a personal preference as any other sexual proclivity.

Your dick isnt being tricked into thinking you can reproduce if you fuck men. It just enjoys the touch of another man more than it likes women, probably because of learned behaviour. You werent born that way, you grew into it for whatever reason.

Im also firmly of the opinion that extreme homophobes are the way they are because of their own personal learned shame about what gets them off. Most people dont really care what you do with your own jizz and another consenting adult. Gayness isnt a personality or an identity. Its just how you like to get off.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I specifically said i didnt think it was a choice. I think its mostly environmental. I dont believe there is much, if any genetic basis for homosexuality. If you can point me to some good evidence otherwise, ill reconsider. But until they find a gay gene i considet it to be as much a personal preference as any other sexual proclivity.

Your dick isnt being tricked into thinking you can reproduce if you fuck men. It just enjoys the touch of another man more than it likes women, probably because of learned behaviour. You werent born that way, you grew into it for whatever reason.

Im also firmly of the opinion that extreme homophobes are the way they are because of their own personal learned shame about what gets them off. Most people dont really care what you do with your own jizz and another consenting adult. Gayness isnt a personality or an identity. Its just how you like to get off.
Everyone grows into their sexuality. I mean, christ, that's the exact opposite of a profound statement. This growth is still informed by some sort of biological factor (likely some goddamn thing in the brain, you know, the organ that we still understand grand fuckall about in terms of internal workings). I think a genetic basis for homosexuality or basically any Kinsey score that isn't "perfectly hetero" is not only likely, it makes the most sense in light of the disparate upbringings, environments etc. that you will see homosexuality present itself in.

What role things like environmental pressures may place upon genes and their expression (epigenetics) is something people are looking into for a number of other things, but I think the field of epigenetics may actually hold at least one of the bigger keys to the reason the Kinsey scale isn't just "Straight" and "Gay". There's likely to be some degree of psychological priming/conditioning involved with level of preference for one or the other but I doubt that's the only and especially doubt it's the biggest reason for sexual attraction being what it is.

ToroidalBoat

spoopy slime kiwi tuber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was surprised by how fast acceptance of it in the West seemed to be, at least online.

It's like one day it was something sick and wrong, the next it was "bigot!" if you criticized it.

Just a fag

the AGP of it all
kiwifarms.net
I'll say, as a fag, I don't think I really chose to be one. I believe it's a mix of genetics and environment; I've read of studies that say the youngest male sibling is usually the most common of offspring to be gay, and that's me. I also grew up around a lot of strong and respectful women, and not so many men of that caliber, that I think I maybe internalized a heterosexual woman's sexuality: as in, I am only attracted to heterosexual men. I have rarely ever been attracted to another gay man. I think that's always played some role in my developing sexuality.

but I also remember feeling funny feelings for men before I even understood was sex was, so there's that.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I was surprised by how fast acceptance of it in the West seemed to be.

It's like one day it was something sick and wrong, the next it was "bigot!" if you criticized it.
Kind of surprising, yes. Though I'm pretty sure there are some real fucking exceptional individuals out there in the LGB community who are doing their damnedest to roll that back with their actions. I realize we're never going to get to the point where every LGB person is going to be left in peace but apparently they don't and they're prepared to screw it all to hell in pursuit of something that can't exist.

r00

Goin' Grink
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I really personally prefer to have people beat the shit out of me for liking guys. It's definitely a personal preference.
There's likely to be some degree of psychological priming/conditioning involved with level of preference for one or the other
So is it a preference or not? You seem to be mostly agreeing with what i said, but you got caught up on thinking im implying that its a choice.

Until they can find a decent biological explanation im sticking with it being mostly psychological and environmental, because that makes far more sense than it being down to some undiscovered biological function. Its not an insult, its not an attempt to diminish the struggles of the gays. Its just a preference. All non reproductive sexuality is a wide spectrum of proclivities. Being gay is no more an intrinsic aspect of a person than javing a foot fetish is.

Just a fag

the AGP of it all
kiwifarms.net
So is it a preference or not? You seem to be mostly agreeing with what i said, but you got caught up on thinking im implying that its a choice.

Until they can find a decent biological explanation im sticking with it being mostly psychological and environmental, because that makes far more sense than it being down to some undiscovered biological function. Its not an insult, its not an attempt to diminish the struggles of the gays. Its just a preference. All non reproductive sexuality is a wide spectrum of proclivities. Being gay is no more an intrinsic aspect of a person than javing a foot fetish is.
I think it's pretty stupid to lump being gay with a foot fetish. I think it's also pretty stupid to compare non-reproductive sexuality as a fetish, seeing as normal heterosexual sex can include contraceptive measures in order to make it non-reproductive. is it then a fetish to use a condom during sex?

I'll also say that, if male-on-male reproduction was in fact viable and possible, many homosexual men would then have sex in order to reproduce.

not william stenchever

Pants shittingly exceptional aka: Bold
kiwifarms.net
So as I recall it was to create non-reproducing males that would protect the the pack and serve as psuedo den-mothers. Apparently it still happens in wolf packs and such.
sort of like how Bearycool is the queen of movie night?

There is nothing "socially healthy" about the behaviors that neo-Sodomite aberrosexuals produce. Aberrosexuals should not be marrying or adopting children. There is nothing "socially healthy" about contraception, oral and anal sodomy, masturbation, or any of the host of insane sexual vices that aberrosexuals engage in. If someone is engaging in behavior that is in profound contradiction with the Natural Law, then how can you call any subsequent actions by this person that are not a direct attempt to amend this behavior "socially healthy?" Social health starts with moral health, and moral health begins at the individual level through behavior modification and mediation. Aberrosexuals are not healthy, whether it be socially, mentally, spiritually, or even physically. An extremely disproportionate percentage of homosexual men contract HIV at a higher rate compared to all other demographics. Something about the behavior of aberrosexuals is inherently not "socially healthy" if this is the case.

You should be ashamed. You are lying about a group of people that are afflicted by their own vices and demons, and instead of discerning the truth behind their behavior, you instead spew platitudes about neo-Sodomite "marriage" and that these people should adopt children. Neo-Sodomite aberrosexuals are the last people on earth that should be entrusted with the care of children. I would sooner give an infant to a pack of wolves than two homosexuals, and do not think I am joking or being hyperbolic when I say this. I am completely serious. Neo-Sodomite aberrosexuals cannot even take care of their own bodies, let alone their souls. You seriously expect them to be even remotely adequate when it comes to raising a child? Ridiculous.
Nowhere in this rant do you make a convincing structural-functionalist argument for why people shouldn't be perverted fucks, just a half-hearted moral argument that they shouldn't and that if they are they should feel ashamed of themselves.

"Gay couples will molest their adopted children" would actually be a rhetorical improvement to your post. For fuck's sake you didn't even mention the white lesbians that murder-suicided themselves and their six brown adopted children just to spite CPS and the neighbors that caught on to their abusive behavior by driving their SUV loaded with drugged children off a cliff and into the ocean

Last edited:

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
In retrospect I would have rather called it something else (position on the Kinsey scale comes to mind) but I would maintain that preference for being non-heterosexual has no bearing on whether you are non-heterosexual and only partially affects how one expresses orientation visibly.

That is a terrible comparison. I'm trying to walk back my initial burst of hostility and the more you say on the matter the harder that gets.

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
i'm a fag myself, and if I had to guess why, it'd probably have to do with the people I spent most of my time with when I was younger, which just so happened to be a handful of gay friends. Maybe they influenced me, idk.

Addendum: I'm a furry, those friends were furries. Coincidence? I dunno. Although I do think that being in communities that have a bunch of gays in them increases your chance of being gayified.

Addendum 2: yikes, people dont like this. I'm just givin my experience with it and hoping to answer the question.
-"I'm gay, here is why I think that is the case" - valued input.
-"Edit, btw I'm also a furry" - TMI, yiff in hell furfag.

kiwifarms.net
[redacted]
Why would I waste my time trying to invoke shame or guilt by bringing up claims with tenuous evidence against aberrosexual demographics? There is no possible way for me to compile everything from young adults that masturbate, all the way to unapologetic aberrosexuals that engage in profoundly violent acts of sodomy. Shame and guilt are healthy responses to unnatural, mortally sinful behavior, and this is why I do not bother with bringing up isolated factoids. I merely shared the information about HIV infection among homosexual men because it is extremely well-documented and well-known with no room for error. For the vast majority of aberrosexuals, none of them will change if they ignore the shame and guilt that comes with committing their sexual impurities against God. The whole basis for "why people shouldn't be perverted fucks" is that they should uphold the Law of God, keep the Sixth Commandment, and do all of this out of pure love for God.

I could recommend that you should read The Pink Swastika, which goes into great detail about the rampant homosexuality within the ranks of the Nazi Party, but even if I should suggest that homosexuals are prone to collaborating in great works of genocide, how should this translate to a young married couple that is contracepting with birth control? Heterosexuals that contracept are equally damned under aberrosexuality as homosexuals are, although the severity of acts between aberrosexual groups may vary. The Natural Law provides shame and guilt for aberrosexual actions, and it is merely enough for me to claim that they are in opposition with the Sixth Commandment.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino