Where the Sidewalk Ends: The Death of the Internet

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

NulWillBecomeTranny

IGGER
kiwifarms.net
Why didn’t Rosa Parks just stay in the back of the bus? It would’ve been easy and she wouldn’t have had any trouble,
listen buddy, I don't care where on the bus some nigger sits, and the left is never going to do anything other than mock you for this sort of rhetoric.
"Oh, I didn't realize shutting down my enemies was just like making rosa parks sit at the back of the bus! How hypocritical I have been, blinded by my own desire to see my enemies hurt. But by pointing out my double standards you have changed my ways"
seriously never has happened and never will happen. you can point out how two faced or hypocritical it is to kill your enemies as they march you into cuck island where you have to be gay for pay to survive

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
As to the question of the pendulum swinging back and bringing the internet to sanity, friends, I'm sorry to tell you, but the internet itself is fundamentally leftist in a lot of ways I don't think people are even cognizant of.

— The internet is inherently consumeristic.
Self reliance is not a possibility on the internet. Ownership mostly doesn't exist, and for that which it does obsolescence sets in quickly. Thus the internet necessarily requires consistent participation within a corporate system to obtain the technology and resources one needs to maintain a presence. That unavoidable attachment to the corporate economy is a leash around your neck that means no matter what you do, you'll always be able to be easily reigned in if you step out of line with the rest of the flock.
Also, there is no generational transfer to the internet. One's father or grandfather isn't going to pass them their computer and minecraft server the way they'd pass on their refined tools/knowledge accrued over decades. Outside of raw capitalistic pursuits, nothing you do in respect to the internet will ever help your progeny. The only value you or they have is in one's immediate usefulness within the collective. Once that ceases, so does one's pertinence to the world.

— The internet is inherently narcissistic.
Nothing exists there that isn't put there. When it comes to the social elements of the internet you either self aggrandize or you don't exist.
In fact that is, I believe, the reason trannyism has exploded as the internet has: women absolutely do have an advantage online, because just by their status as women they're generally held as having higher intrinsic value, where as men are traditionally expected to be humble and understated, with their value based upon their actions instead of their identity...except online nobody can see your actions unless you draw attention to tell them about it. That creates in irreconcilable conflict in the context of traditional ideas of masculinity, thus trannies.

— The internet is inherently tribalistic.
The problem with the social elements of the internet is that there's a feeling of centrifugal force where if a person doesn't constantly refresh their pledges to whatever group they comingle with they drift away and fall to the wayside, which leads to the sense that a person needs to perpetually prove themselves through greater levels of ideological purity to avoid abandonment.
You can't ban your real life neighbor if you have a disagreement; you're going to have to come to terms because that's how real life community works. Online though, your default state is non-existence. If people decide your being is distasteful to them, it's actually easier to unperson you than it would be to maintain contact.
I mean, hell, in real life if everyone decided to kill you at least they know they'd have to deal with the headache of burying your body so it doesn't stink up the place.

- The internet is inherently depowering.
Politicians/elites don't listen to you because they care about you, they do so because they're afraid of what you could physically do to them if enough of you got pissed off.
Online though you have no physical leverage as a person, and thus there's no reason for the upper echelons of the status quo to respect you in any way. Either you're worth money or you aren't. If you aren't, you disappear. There's no cost for them, and no recourse for you.

My point is that people can run away to TOR or whatever they feel like doing, but the idea of "fixing" the internet seems a bit silly. The fundamental realities of operating in a completely transhumanist arena won't change and no matter what you'll eventually wind up right back where we are now with the current internet because you're drawing from a poisoned well.

The pendulum of social attitude probably will swing back, and unfortunately I think the death of the internet is a mutually inclusive part of that process.

I can start a Kiwi Farms Bank. I could never make a Kiwi Farms Card.
Hell yeah, if Josh starts a Kiwi Farms bank I'll finally have a place to convert my "like" and "win" stickers to dogecoin.

AbduluCthuluZulu

By the power of outdated memes
kiwifarms.net
Funny that this piece on internet consolidation/monopolization gets highlighted on day 3 of my town having no internet service because a tropical storm knocked out the local ISP that has exclusive cable rights to the area. I'm already off the sidewalk, nothing but grass beneath my feet now.

Last edited:

Null

Custodian of Records, King of Lies, Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Null substack

I'll publish writings over here as well, since Crunk insists on it.

theshitposter

cyberpunk bully
kiwifarms.net
compare the internet to the classic american west. it was bound to end. civilisation (aka govt & social bodies) won't & can't allow lawlessness to exist. the generation born on tiktok wouldn't yearn for the right to say "nigger" on the internet, cuz they never experienced it.

@Null what's gonna happen to the site after your eventual untimely demise?

Bec

Good dog best friend
kiwifarms.net

Oh I was just kidding, didn't know you actually had one lol.

BootlegPopeye

kiwifarms.net

This is good, we badly need a revival of blogging (or something like it, which substack is). It's really maddening how alot of what was formerly blog content got moved over to 80 part twitter threads. But even then, often times half of the replies are from banned/suspended/deleted accounts and the original discussion is unreadable. Internet Archive doesn't capture twitter very well either, so once it's gone it's gone.

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is also talk about how even furries have a big part on this:
Something about the links you gave really irks me with regards to how nonchalant the people talking about really seem to be discussing it. Even from that blog you gave and the way it presents itself, it just seems really clear that furries, when presented with that Twitter thread, treat it as a point in their favour just because furries are mentioned and involved.

Never mind the fact that they don't even try to extrapolate beyond the "wow the people in charge of global telecoms are furries like us uwu" sentiment. They always forget to tack on things like "and they fucking shouldn't be, considering how marred by infighting and deviancy our entire ingroup is". Anyone else would be horrified by the prospect presented by that xkcd comic edited to say "Furries" given their track record of being fucking neurotic, and how precarious the entire infrastructure they supposedly run already is. To them, it's one big game padded out with cutesy talk and accessibility shit like image transcription just to save face.

It's the same way Null put it on his podcast about people like Liz Fong-Jones working at such monolithic companies as Google and effectively being at the helm of all day-to-day communication, only to be too busy pretending to be snakes and slithering on the street on leashes or whatever. "Why are these people in charge?"

It's just a fucking loss at this point. It really is.

MosBodacious

kiwifarms.net
Great article Josh. I really appreciate when you share your knowledge and experience on this stuff. It is really surprising that this isn't at least a little more discussed.

Truman the Jewman

I love Israel, I just hate Jews
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would petition my congressmen for action but unfortunately I live in an ultra-cucked Dem state at the moment, where even the only Republican reps are complete RINOs. Writing to these fuckers will probably only encourage them to (((shut it all down.)))

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
compare the internet to the classic american west. it was bound to end. civilisation (aka govt & social bodies) won't & can't allow lawlessness to exist. the generation born on tiktok wouldn't yearn for the right to say "nigger" on the internet, cuz they never experienced it.
That's basically it. The old internet was dead the moment these bodies laid their eyes upon it. Saying it was sort of a Frontier these people couldn't "get to" is kind of a misnomer though, it always existed in these legal and society spaces and therefore was always fragile regarding freedom concerns. It's more that nobody cared. Even if parts of the government were interested in keeping it a free speech zone, other parts would just work on finding ways to sidestep that as the gains and possibilities for control are just too big. You'd somehow have to breed the tendency for opportunism and the wish to dominate others of the species out of the human race. It's not gonna happen.

The only way is to withdraw to the fringes and parts these powers that be don't care about. Hiding away, so to speak. (and be ready to root everything up and keep moving if a place becomes "civilized", to keep using that analogy) My personal problem with that is that for every person you find in such a place that has something interesting to say and who's only crime it is to not have the Objectively Right Opinion (tm) you find hundreds of /pol/ rejects, schizos, edgelords, and people who think sex with 5 year olds is just swell. Let me put it this way, after you sifted through dozens of backed-up public toilets, you don't become more optimistic that the next one is backed up by gold nuggets, if you get what I mean. It didn't use to be like this either. That again is a social problem, not a technological one.

Dr. Jekyll

Read my posts or die in your sleep.
kiwifarms.net
I would petition my congressmen for action but unfortunately I live in an ultra-cucked Dem state at the moment, where even the only Republican reps are complete RINOs. Writing to these fuckers will probably only encourage them to (((shut it all down.)))
Even here in Germany where you'd think we would be more against state control we are bending over and being cucked when it comes to the internet