Which pesudo-intellectual LOLCow do you dislike the most? -

TowinKarz

I've been a wreck lately.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do real public intellectuals even exist anymore? The intellectuals are probably hidden in some R&D department somewhere, cranking out papers while the pseuds do the talking, with pains taken that they don't get any fame outside their field lest they become addicted to social media and tank the entire department's productivity.
Did they ever in the first place? And not been a laughingstock? We've had famous public scientists, who were known both inside and outside their fields like an Einstein or a Hawking who used their fame to promote science, but an "intellectual" always seems to be using science to promote themselves.

"Intellectual" as a label seems to me to have always been a pejorative, a way of saying "Uses big words to appear smarter" and "perpetuates their opinion for opinions sake, but dresses it up as proven scientific fact" , the human equivelant of "neutrino flux" technobabble on Star Trek about why the warp core malfunctioned - "sounds" right and sounds like "science" to laypeople, but ultimately is of no applicable use to anyone outside the world of the fictional story because it's just that... smart-sounding babble.

Like you said, the REAL smart people have jobs and titles like "Chief Reasarch Director" or "Head of Applied Laser Divison" , "Intellectual" is almost a polite way to say "manchild playing doctor"

So, going by that definition, I'd put Elon Musk up as the biggest intellectual I hate - constantly claiming he's invented things that were already invented, taking credit for the work of hired engineers smarter than him, and then throwing tantrums when anyone isn't amazed... though the media shares 3/4ths of the blame by not doing their homework and realizing what a hack he is.

Remember, this is the guy who showed up, uninvited, to rescue those kids from the cave - with a submarine that was too long to go around the corners inside the cave... and when those on scene told him it wouldn't work and to buzz off, he got mad, called them pedophiles and ended up sued in court for it.

Last edited:

NotWeasel

Smooth as orange juice, sweet as sauerkraut
kiwifarms.net
Borzoi.
Where should I begin?
The "I read one book and will milk it for 5 podcasts"?
The insufferable voice?
Inability to take criticism?
Reading from someone else's book to replace actual arguments?
Thinking one commentary book gives him complete authority on a subject?

A pity he's too obscure to deserve his own thread.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All of them, but special mentions go to:

Jordan Peterson, who learned about postmodernism by reading incredibly bad, misinformed and biased book and then tried to debate Zizek on the matter of marxism after reading only "The Communist Party Manifesto", which he failed to comprehend either. You have to be a special kind of an idiot to say that postmodernism is marxism, despite them being the opposites.

Con troon points. I've only watched "documentary" about a guy and holy shit, what is this? This is basically a troon speaking about him being a troon over and over again no matter what the topic of his video should be, why do people even watch this? They can't be all just be tranny chasers, there is a plenty of traps on the web.

Sargon. I think, a single look at his political activism is enough.

Amazing Atheist. I really don't understand why people watch this fucktard to this day, except for the cringe factor.

Thunderfoot. I mean, on the one hand he has to be smart to work at the university, on the other he is rivaled by the number of videos about Anita only by Matt Jarbo.

@Kraut ist. This is basically what would've happened with @Bryan Dunn if he was a fanboy of Sargon instead of Metokur.

Totally Awesome

kiwifarms.net
Con troon points. I've only watched "documentary" about a guy and holy shit, what is this? This is basically a troon speaking about him being a troon over and over again no matter what the topic of his video should be, why do people even watch this? They can't be all just be tranny chasers, there is a plenty of traps on the web.
I somewhat like Contrapoints's videos. They are long essays about politics and philosophies, usually left wing. I find them to be well done, and don't see where she is talking about herself over and over.

milk

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if these count as psuds, but they sure as hell fit the bill to me. China shills on youtube annoy the crap out of me. For example this guy named Nathan Rich.
1609527866881.png

Content wise they just repeat communist Chinese talking points that you could read off globaltimes (china's english language propaganda outlet). Stylistically they are d-grade John Olivers, and as someone that doesn't like John Oliver, this makes it extra grating.

Their videos are always hardsubbed in simplified chinese, always have great ratios and their comment sections all look like they are written with the help of google translate. I feel like all these guys exist only for the sake of Chinamen that can afford vpns. What kind of a retard believes these blatant shills?

Shittus Maximus

kiwifarms.net
Vaush, Chud Logic, Destiny, Actual Jake, The Serfs, MovieBlob, ShoeonHead, and Philosophy Tube.
Vaush is by far one of the worst turds. He tries to use his degree as a cudgel and fails most of the time, will flip-flop on whether political leadership is good or not, reads only to support his views and automatically dismisses all other arguments and is the epitome of a person that got a doctor paid for their diagnosis by their parents to prove they're not shitty people. And like other people in his clique, will use his friends and family to do his dirty work.

downwardspiral

Swaos
kiwifarms.net
I don't think he has a thread but there's a guy called scimandan and half his videos are him debunking literal schizophrenics. I'm subbed to him anyways because he's really good at finding schizocows. but it's just annoying to hear him take a guy seriously saying that all gorillas are people in suits serving there trans freemason masters.

naught sock account 1

KILL COUNT: 3
kiwifarms.net
I don't think he has a thread but there's a guy called scimandan and half his videos are him debunking literal schizophrenics. I'm subbed to him anyways because he's really good at finding schizocows. but it's just annoying to hear him take a guy seriously saying that all gorillas are people in suits serving there trans freemason masters.
links please?

mine would be jahans..

Eula_rin

kiwifarms.net
Philosophy Tube - You could not pay me to sit through the pretentious theatrics he uses to pad his videos.
Manosphere idiots - I will instantly lose all respect for you if you use the terms "alpha male" and "beta male" unironically
Atheist community - I have nothing against atheism itself but it always makes me laugh to see some atheists act just as smug, arrogant, and condescending as the evangelicals they hate.

Last edited:

ClownBrew

Drink the brew!
kiwifarms.net
Said it on his dedicated thread as well, am getting fed up with Styxhexenhammer by now.

-won't tell us Pagan viewers whether he's actually a member of our group or if he's just an edgelord atheist using our belief system as some kind of larp/weird psychology trip

-egging on Qtards and recently went full-on anti masker

-bought himself a European waifu and attached himself to the Netherlands like a human Lyme tick. Now smirks at the US for all its problems...basically acts like one of those obnoxious Argentine expats in Italy

-refuses to own up to his failed predictions about muh stolen elecshun and THE KRAKEN...again doing so from his pricey fartbox in the land of the commies he ridiculed for so many years

TLDR: he's turning into a hypocrite and a cynic, neither of which are a good look

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I will add Coomerfist. Even here some people take his political takes deadly seriously and sperg about communists everywhere, when in reality he is just your typical trumptard, who went from TDS to coping. He also looks like TGWTG reject.

Coily

kiwifarms.net
Sorry if I'm not being specific, but those youtubers who make lenghty videos telling you why something you like is garbage and you should feel ashamed. It's quite authoritarian, they are using their pulpit and fans to tell others what to do or not, what is wrong and what is right, they are self appointed Arbiter Elegantiarum of the universe.

Troonologist PhD

kiwifarms.net
MovieBlob for obvious reasons, Richard Spencer, and Buzzfeed-tier Woke journos and bloggers in general. Even by alt-right standards Spencer is a disingenuous, heathen, degenerate, windbag. The only good thing he’s ever done is breaking Sargon’s ego and his Dennis Reynolds’s “golden god”-tier narcissistic meltdown.