Which philosopher do you dislike the most and why? - Massive ego, autistic levels of verbosity, shallowness, degenerateness or just plain boring.

italianuploader4

Xander, I'm already a demon
kiwifarms.net
Either Foucault or Butler. One for being a paedo, the other for being a simp for paedos. Also because postmodernism has wrecked the Left and turned it into a neoliberal virtue signalling mess rather than having any power of organising the working class. Ivory tower CIA niggers, the lot of them. There's no other way such complete bullshit artists could've got so rich and famous.
Are you going to discredit Socrates and Plato for being pedos too? You can disagree with Foucault, but hating a philosopher solely for being a sexual predator kind of misses the point of genuinely disliking them, aka disliking their ideas as a philosopher. Many of his ideas holds up, such as his ideas on power and how liberals assume by default we are destined to progress towards more "freedom".

Do you have a critique of Foucault's ideas outside of "post modernism"?

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
Fredric Jameson can choke.

All these faggy references to centuries dead philosophers in An American Utopia and not one to a United States Militaryman who is still alive to discuss how his Universal Army can be feasible? Fuck off loser.
That guy redpilled me so hard on McCarthyism. How does an out and out Marxist NOT get investigated by HUAC?

CAPTAIN MATI

kiwifarms.net
Probably Ayn Rand. Her philosophy is facile to the point of tedium, and she had a hubris about her that colored just about every argument she ever made; a hubris that definitely rubs off on her annoying followers.

The frustrating thing is, I actually do agree with a lot of what Rand was trying to say (certainly more so than many other philosophers I could mention), but whatever validity there is to objectivism is undermined by an unremitting tendency on the part of it's founder and acolytes to elevate general truths and useful teachings to the level of stilted, unquestionable dogma.

In short, Rand's philosophy overstates it's case to the point of absurdity, and makes people unsympathetic to something which actually isn't altogether a bad idea.
The website doesn't allow me to give a like to this post.
Null is an aynrandianist confirmed.

Bonesjones

kiwifarms.net
Are you going to discredit Socrates and Plato for being pedos too? You can disagree with Foucault, but hating a philosopher solely for being a sexual predator kind of misses the point of genuinely disliking them, aka disliking their ideas as a philosopher. Many of his ideas holds up, such as his ideas on power and how liberals assume by default we are destined to progress towards more "freedom".

Do you have a critique of Foucault's ideas outside of "post modernism"?
All of post modernism ideas are just intellectual justification for why being a pedophile isn't a terrible thing.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's the root cause to the disease that's named after him.
Not to mention all the commie revolutions and tyrannies.

A world without communism may have been a better place.

Any of the euphoric fedora tipper philosophers.
Reminds me of Victor Stenger, who thought a good future was humanity turning into atheist space robots.

Pee Cola

Ghana's number one carbonated beverage
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you stretch the definition of "philosopher" to include faux-intellectual motherfuckers that dumb motherfuckers think are smart motherfuckers, then it'd be a three-way tie between Russell Brand, Jordan Peterson and Malcolm Gladwell.

Yizu

kiwifarms.net
A lot of other offenders but the worst is probably Hegel when it came to pretentious verbosity. The man was the Deepak Chopra of his time, using exciting jargon (e.g. "Absolute Spirit," "Objective Spirit," etc.) to make conclusions about things that didn't follow.

Him cucking his landlord and Schopenhauer's perpetual grudge against him were hilarious though.

HullDown

A position taken up by armoured fighting vehicles.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
John Rawls has the dubious honor of being the only philosopher criticized by Ayn Rand, of all people, where academic philosophers eventually acknowledged that she was right and he wasn't. And that is just humiliating.

And his frenemy Nozick is similarly pointless to read if you don't start by agreeing with his conclusions already.

Liam Neeson's Cosh

kiwifarms.net
250854307_394670888732006_3002789424571493285_n.jpg