Which philosopher do you dislike the most and why? - Massive ego, autistic levels of verbosity, shallowness, degenerateness or just plain boring.

Slimy Time

The Fang of Burnell
kiwifarms.net
Confirmed for having never read Nietzsche: he thought nihilists were weak pussies. His weakness in writing was mostly the fact that he didn't propose a solution to Gott ist Tod because he believed people had to reach the answer by themselves.
Unfortunately, he has given rise to edgy nihilists and smug atheists who also probably never read his work.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
Fuck yes he does. Chomsky is boring to the point where it hurts to read him. His theory of universal grammar is the embodiment of banality, and furthermore has been demonstrated to be wrong.

Other's whom are worthwhile for being worthless would be Kant (the garruloness of his work), Popper (falsifiability is Pierce's idea and the paradox of tolerance is reddit-teir), Deiderra (Eternally BTFO'd by science), Foucault (has an undeserved cult like persona in the humanities), Lecan... in fact fuck every frog not named Baudrillard.
Camus was rad, his ethics boil down to "don't be a faggot", he wrote great novels, and he literally rode around Europe on a motorbike fucking broads like a total Chad.

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
Plato was a massive self absorbed cunt that lied about everything Socrates said and poisoned western thought for millennia.

A philosopher thinks society should be ruled by philosopher kings? Oh gee whiz you don't fucking say.
A monarch who thinks as much as he acts sounds like a beneficial ruler. That's what people think he meant by that and how it's taught nowadays because god forbid some literally who in a dress who just knew the right people would ever be wrong about something he had no experience with. People aren't despots, rulers, or kings for wanting to live a simple life or standing around thinking all day when they could be conquering shit. It's like expecting a cat to not eat a mouse and expecting the mouse to be able to lead a cat.

While the philosopher wonders what the right, moral, and ethical thing to do is, the normal king just fucking does it.

Reactions: BlastDoors41

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rhys McKinnon.
He is not a philosopher; he is a purely ornamental diversity hire.

Nietzsche because although he has some interesting ideas, it's become almost impossible to discuss them because nihilism has all but completely been taken over by "woe is me! life is pain!" emos, "humans are the REAL parasites and a disease on the planet!" faggots and "I'm totes a nihilist and I don't give a fuck about anyone or anything!" edgelord teens.
I'm not sure how seriously I consider the charge that Nietzsche is a nihilist. His project, after all, is to discover how people should conduct their lives since religion has lost its guiding power (a project that Schopenhauer is involving in, before Nietzsche). Indeed his writings are full of normative ethics (shoulds and should nots) -- one should love his life; one should not emulate Christians (more precisely, Nietzsche's strawman of Christians) and make a virtue out of weakness; one should not listen to Schopenhauer and deny desire. The kind of "nihilism" that Nietzsche propounds will be called "social constructivism" in our day.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Nietsche's straw man of Christians is pretty accurate (especially Catholics and certain more fervent protestant sects), but you don't have to be a Christian to exhibit those traits, and indeed many Christians don't. Meanwhile SJW stereotypes and communists in general are an entirely atheist religion and have all the same issues.

JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
kiwifarms.net
Mozi took “loving your neighbor” to a level that isn’t humanly possible. He pretty much said that everyone has to love and care for each other like you would your own family. It’s not necessarily bad, but I can’t think of anyone that would have love and commitment the same way for a stranger as they would their best friend. Confucius had the right idea with mainly caring for your family and friends, Mozi just took it to exceptional levels. If Mozi were alive today, he’d probably be a hippie. That said, Mozi did design some cool war inventions (only for defensive battles though).

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mozi has a lot of other bizarre bullshit too. His condemnation of music of all kinds has only ever been rivaled by muzzies.

If Mozi were alive today, he’d probably be a hippie.
Mozi condemns dyed fabrics because it is "unnatural".

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It seems like at least half the people responding to this thread are choosing the philosophers they dislike most because of reasons outside of their philosophy. Good ideas don't become bad ideas because we dislike the people who thought them out.
It happens when everyone becomes autistic.

ADN_VIII

Bismarck is on the horizon
kiwifarms.net
I find Jordan Peterson to be the philosopher I dislike the most in the current day. It takes a special kind of arrogant to demand that his right to free speech in that Bill C-16 nonsense be respected while also pushing for enforced monogamy and violating the rights of others.

It's also poor form to consider and present oneself as a thinker and philosopher while utterly unable to stay on topic or redefine words to weasel out of answering questions. That spergfest with Sam Harris about the definition of truth is not an isolated occurrence and it's absolutely ridiculous.

Dr. Boe Jangles Esq.

Original Prick
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Peter Kropotkin.

He was born rich, turned into an anarcho-communist, was arrested, and then spent that imprisonment receiving special treatment because of his status. He was literally an aristo pretending to be a rebel, and it fucking shows in the writing.
Remember that kid you went to highschool with who wore a trenchcoat and screamed about anarchy, but grew up with two loving parents in a gated community? Kropotkin was what happens if that kid got taken seriously as an intellectual.

He manages to be wordy, short sighted, dangerously naive, self-absorbed, and completely ignorant of the basic economic principles he's trying to challenge.
Say what you will with regards to Marx, Marx at least had some goddamn concept of how his shit was going to work. Kropotkin might as well have ended "The Conquest of Bread" with "and then we all get puppies and handjobs from magic sky fairies".

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Older I get more I understand Plato,.

Seriously. He was a jealous confused old faggot. Now I want to be fair he listed an idea that is hugely important to debate and think on, of collective. I am all about what he brought and who he was.

But he was wrong. The person is more they build a system. What's a forest if you can't claim a tree? I'll expand sober if anyone cares, but the idea of personal being void to a split angers me.

Groups are great and fine, but people are imporant and some are able to do labor of 5.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Dunno why Plato is getting so much hate.

https://www.ancient.eu/article/174/marcus-aurelius-platos-philosopher-king/

He lived in an age where democracy meant either illiterate populist mobs are conniving selfish landed elites. Hell, you could argue that democracy is still like that in most of the world. He envisioned a paternal autocrat and his ideas have had some merit in practice.

Fuck yes he does. Chomsky is boring to the point where it hurts to read him. His theory of universal grammar is the embodiment of banality, and furthermore has been demonstrated to be wrong.

Other's whom are worthwhile for being worthless would be Kant (the garruloness of his work), Popper (falsifiability is Pierce's idea and the paradox of tolerance is reddit-teir), Deiderra (Eternally BTFO'd by science), Foucault (has an undeserved cult like persona in the humanities), Lecan... in fact fuck every frog not named Baudrillard.
A Philosopher is supposed to be autistic about seeking the truth. Chomsky actively silencing Khmer Rouge victims and writing propaganda for their regime (literally unsolicited btw, they hated foreigners) should preclude him from the title.

the more philosophy i read, the more it annoys me tbh
Its literally just some rich autist trying to solve all their worlds problems. You should look at Philosophy with an eye at better understanding the world they lived in.

Plato lived in a chaotic age of war and populists.
Chomsky lived in an age of conspiracy and elite faux communism
Nietzsche lived when science was getting taken serious.
Ranke lived in an age where professionalization and the scientific method were fetishized

Plato was a massive self absorbed cunt that lied about everything Socrates said and poisoned western thought for millennia.

A philosopher thinks society should be ruled by philosopher kings? Oh gee whiz you don't fucking say.
I don't think meant this with the intent of becoming a king himself. In fact, I'm fairly certain he or Socrates didn't even consider it.

The whole point of Philosophers having the power is based on the idea that they don't even want it. They don't want the power but must be forced to have it or must overcome their desire not to have it. Thats a pretty central idea for the allegory of the cave.

I'd say this is a fundamentally good concept in some regards. Capable people who don't want power tend to be people who won't abuse it or will try to use it wisely - people less likely to become tyrants. The American state was originally founded on this idea, kinda why you have cities like Cincinnati, named after a man who became "dictator" but gave it up as soon as the crisis was over to till his land.

Karl Marx, Alfred Rosenberg, and especially Noam Chomsky.
Marx had legitimate criticisms of capitalism. His prescriptions were idealistic and I'd say it'd be incorrect to blame him for Lenin, Stalin or Mao. The basic criticisms he made went through alot to end up as what we see as communism. Lenin invented the whole idea of transitioning to communism via brutal slave labor and Stalin simply acted upon those ideas. Mao and Pol Pot had some weird fetish for a romanticized Asian peasant society.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Athenian Democracy gets a bad rap since all most people hear about it is stuff taken at face value from a general exiled by them for utter incompetence.
Its golden age is glorified while its end days are regularly compared to the modern west. That seems fair.

You can crap on Thucydides for being a bad historian but he's literally the first one (that wasn't obviously just making shit up) so he should get a pass. His theory is that Athens let a exceptional demagogue lead the country off a cliff - not that extreme of a theory.

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Camus because he gives no reason to confront the world, no actor (fate is as much a spook as God) to rebel against by continuing to exist, he requests irony when it's unnecessary and destructive, his argument for the absence of inherent meaning in life is literally "the stars don't care about you also you are impermanent", and spite as a motivator is completely inimical to the prosaic nature of ordinary life and responsibility.

Reminder that all Eastern Philosophers are literally just pre-Enlightenment Western philosophers so you're wasting your time.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino