Which philosopher do you dislike the most and why? - Massive ego, autistic levels of verbosity, shallowness, degenerateness or just plain boring.

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
Ayn Rand...and her rabid followers
Two Novels.jpg

Unassuming Local Guy

Friendly and affectionate
kiwifarms.net
Ayn Rand...and her rabid followersView attachment 2120872
There's something uniquely up-its-own-ass about the "one of these things is words words words and the other is the thing you didn't expect me to be talking about lol gotcha" joke format. Probably because you can see it coming three words in and yet it insists on going and going into you agree with the author that he's so very funny.

Anyway, my answer would have to be every French philosopher. All of French philosophy is just coomers trying to convince everyone else that being a syphilitic degenerate is actually cool and good. All of it.

Łimønča

Smegma Male • Racist • Ultimate Coomer
kiwifarms.net
Georg W.F. Hegel. From what I know, he wasn't a bad person per se. But I took a single passing glance at the Phenomenology of Spirit and I immediately hated him. I think I'd rather suck-start a shotgun than read any of his works. Fuck that shit.

DoNotReadTheFinePrint

kiwifarms.net
Foucault. I especial hate his Death of the Author theory. While every work is the child of it's time it couldn't exists without it's author and their individual experiences and thoughts. Death of the Author is just a wank-vehicle for pretentious assholes, who want a text to mean what they think it means and force it down others throats.

While I wouldn't call it hate, I actually feel great distaste towards the majority of modern philosophers as they just regurgitate over and over older texts and schools of thought without formulation their own.

Existential MD

Certified Private Transvestigator
kiwifarms.net
Foucault. I especial hate his Death of the Author theory. While every work is the child of it's time it couldn't exists without it's author and their individual experiences and thoughts. Death of the Author is just a wank-vehicle for pretentious assholes, who want a text to mean what they think it means and force it down others throats.

While I wouldn't call it hate, I actually feel great distaste towards the majority of modern philosophers as they just regurgitate over and over older texts and schools of thought without formulation their own.
a lot of PoMo literary criticism consisted of extended justifications for being a lazy reader

DoNotReadTheFinePrint

kiwifarms.net
a lot of PoMo literary criticism consisted of extended justifications for being a lazy reader
The whole of postmodernism can die, as far as I'm concerned. All people into it are those edgy try-hard know-it-alls. who didn't got bullied enough in school. In the end they're nothing more than the ugly mutated child of nihilism and communism.

Sine Qua Non

kiwifarms.net
Ayn Rand. Basically only dudes read her and the only reason I ever did was because of a dude. I was not impressed at all. I am not a woke feminazi at all and never really have been.

Troonologist PhD

YWNBARW
kiwifarms.net
Anton LaVey. Satanism is just “fuck you, mom and dad!” edgelord faggotry with a dose of Ayn Rand’s Objectivism thrown in. It’s just laughable in how it presents itself
It’s for people never got over their phase of wanting to be like the cool psychopath in that movie they watched. Or just for actual psychopaths.

Rupert Bear

Bri'ish """"person"""" DETECTED
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a fan of Buddhism and eastern philosophy, but i hate "western eastern philosophers" the most. Alan Watts and his followers are peak pseud.

The Curmudgeon

kiwifarms.net
I used to love philosophy as a subject in general, but for a long time now I've been disenchanted with it. Sometimes, with certain philosophers, it started to feel like I was reading the same opinions or ideas over and over. It also felt like some of these philosophers have a lot of opinions on various subjects, but then it made me wonder if they actually know what they're talking about or if they just wanted to sound smart. Especially when they're trying to sound smart about subjects they know little or nothing about, but they're an intellectual so they must chime in anyway because their opinion counts no matter what!

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net

Death of the author is an interesting exercise, one that most people should practice on a blind reading of a work. What does this work say without the context of the author? What do you paint onto the canvas? It should never take precedence over the authors intent and meaning, and their experiences and intents should be considered. Analyze it through both lens and judge whether the author succeeded or failed and how they did because of your impression vs their intent.