Which song do you hate the most? - Air your anger.

AmazingEagle

Finland's best sniper
kiwifarms.net
That's what's strange...no one knew who they actually were. You can't tell me no one outside of the scummiest club banger knew who the hell LMFAO were, or any of their songs other than Party Rock Anthem or Sexy and I Know It.

They just loved to see their white friends dance like idiots, so radio stations just gave in.
Hell, if I'm at a nightclub and one of their songs is being played, I'm leaving.

StevieLasVegas

kiwifarms.net
Also, anything by Nicki Minaj is annoyingly bad - sounds like someone having an epileptic seizure, not to mention that it's usually totally degenerate but still marketed to children because "sex cells", and you can't expect any more from "corporate" media that markets cigarettes and other vices to children as well.
While I respect that she actually gives her money out to people in need and scholarships, her "music" is fucking legitimate garbage

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Trash like Shinedown and that other group they got made up of a couple members of Shinedown.

Never in my life have I said to myself "You know what? I think I'll listen to some Shinedown."
"Simple Man" literally makes me grit my teeth every time I hear it. It's like listening to someone use an angle grinder on a concrete slab.

Then there was that "Broken" atrocity with Amy Lee, in which the angle grinder is mixed with a chainsaw.

FierceBrosnan

Father of Birds, Lord of Parrots, Coffee drinker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Crazytown - Butterfly. I hate that song with a rage usually reserved for chomos. When it came out in 1999 I couldn't turn on the radio, MTV ( they did play music once) , or go anywhere without hearing that lazy, droning, whitebread, rapmetal, trash on repeat 50 times a day. The worst part was the girl that was blowing me at the time ( shit was so cash) loved that fucking group, which certainly didn't do any favors for our high school fling.

Then there is the entirety of Lulu. That happy little collab between Metallica and the late Lou Reed which was the most pretentious, grating, and just flat bad album ever made. They even had the audacity to defend it by saying "oh you just don't get it!"... no Kirk.. I get it, and fucking blows. There's avant garde, there's experimental, and then there is Lulu. It's like if someone magically turned every soijack meme into audio. It's fucking horrible and made Saint Anger seem like a magnum opus by comparison.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Then there is the entirety of Lulu. That happy little collab between Metallica and the late Lou Reed which was the most pretentious, grating, and just flat bad album ever made. They even had the audacity to defend it by saying "oh you just don't get it!"... no Kirk.. I get it, and fucking blows. There's avant garde, there's experimental, and then there is Lulu. It's like if someone magically turned every soijack meme into audio. It's fucking horrible and made Saint Anger seem like a magnum opus by comparison.
I have a weird sort of respect for Lulu. It's utterly unlistenable stupid garbage, for sure. I don't think I've even got all the way through a single song. But I do respect Metallica in particular for making it. They tried something different, something weird, and something that most people were inevitably going to really fucking hate and that nobody was going to buy. I can guarantee you their record company didn't want them to make it, their management didn't want them to make it, but they fucking did it anyway because they wanted to for purely artistic reasons.

Any time some greasy fat double-denim thrash loser says that Metallica "sold out", remember Lulu. Bands that have "sold out" don't make albums like Lulu and don't collaborate with the man who made Metal Machine Music on an experimental thrash slam poetry album that probably appealed to exactly nobody but the musicians making it. I'd rather bands like Metallica experiment, try something crazy, something driven by what they want to do artistically, rather than just shit out the same album over and over like Slayer. Even though Lulu failed on every single level, I'm still glad it exists.

I'm not going to listen to it though. I don't respect it THAT much.

FierceBrosnan

Father of Birds, Lord of Parrots, Coffee drinker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a weird sort of respect for Lulu. It's utterly unlistenable stupid garbage, for sure. I don't think I've even got all the way through a single song. But I do respect Metallica in particular for making it. They tried something different, something weird, and something that most people were inevitably going to really fucking hate and that nobody was going to buy. I can guarantee you their record company didn't want them to make it, their management didn't want them to make it, but they fucking did it anyway because they wanted to for purely artistic reasons.

Any time some greasy fat double-denim thrash loser says that Metallica "sold out", remember Lulu. Bands that have "sold out" don't make albums like Lulu and don't collaborate with the man who made Metal Machine Music on an experimental thrash slam poetry album that probably appealed to exactly nobody but the musicians making it. I'd rather bands like Metallica experiment, try something crazy, something driven by what they want to do artistically, rather than just shit out the same album over and over like Slayer. Even though Lulu failed on every single level, I'm still glad it exists.

I'm not going to listen to it though. I don't respect it THAT much.
I'm with you on that. It's like I totally got what they were going for and Metallica for all their faults aren't bad, hell I'll still give the Black album and And Justice For All a play from time to time, plus Lou Reed is fucking amazing. Lulu was one of those things that on paper should have been one of those crowning achievements for rock in all it's forms and instead it was.... so fucking weird and not in a good way. I gave it an earnest listen when it came out and I just could not bring myself to like any of Lulu. Although, art(aut)tistically speaking, it's still better than the weird shit Yoko Ono and John Lennon put out.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
While it's an easy target, one of my least favorite songs is Michael Bolton's How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, the most overwrought, whiny breakup song ever recorded.

Also, this number by Peter, Paul and Mary which, just listening to it, this neutered, whispy folk plea to not laugh at people, because "we're all the same" makes me want to laugh right in the faces of everyone mentioned in the song out of spite.

Last edited: