Whiskey - It's the water of life!

Flying_with_the_Penguins

I can put whatever I want in your mouth
kiwifarms.net
Got a bottle of Jim Bean today. Its actually way better than I expected given the price, and its made me want to branch out and try more bourbons in the future. Kudos to y'all for the recommendation.

Normally I drink either Crown Royal or Crown Apple, the later of which should be classified as a dessert item rather than whiskey cause that shit is sweeter than candy (not that its necessarily a bad thing IMO).

Whatisgoingon

Delgado Bee, Pronouns are Hoss and Hoss-self
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recently picked up some Bulliet Rye Whisky, and I think that it is one of the best whiskies I've ever tasted. I'm going to have to try more rye whiskies to see if they are all this good.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
I tried Canadian Mist for the first time this Saturday and despite being the epitome of a cheapo Canadian whisky, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It's sorta tolerable when drunk neat, but better if you mix it with ginger ale or Pepsi. Good for getting trashed quickly or for mixed drinks, but not much else.

But you can get a fifth of it for less than $10, so that is good if you want to get trashed on the cheap. Would have gone with Black Velvet, but the liquor store was out of stock.

That being said, Canadian whisky is generally middling at best. Irish whiskey is my favorite, with bourbon in a close second. I love me some Scotch, but most Scotch whisky is ungodly expensive, save for Clan MacGregor or Cutty Sark.

As I have stated before, Jameson is my favorite brand of whiskey overall, with Jack Daniels and Wild Turkey 101 tied for my second-favorite.

Reactions: AnOminous

stupidpieceofshit

Halloween in January is better.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't really drink, but when I do its whiskey.
I've been working on a bottle of Turkey Hill Rye and a local Rye for a while, but watching Rekieta's LOLsuit videos made me want to try some Lagavulin but the price (over 100 bucks) here made me pussy out, as I understand its a love it or hate it scotch.

The Scotch I have tried Glenfiddich 12 I do really like, do I stand any chance of liking Lagavulin?

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Triple S Rank

LVLCOW
kiwifarms.net
I normally just drink Sailor Jerry 92 proof Rum because its cheap (~$25 a handle) and I have a sweet tooth. Scotch has way too much smoke/earth taste for me...

• Feels

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I bought a bottle of Calumet. It’s nice, very good for sipping. I do drink it over ice, I like my drinks cold. But it’s very smooth, almost a sweetness to it.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
So, I've been thinking of celebrating Halloween with something I enjoy but rarely indulge in, and that is a good single malt Scotch.

Thinking of keeping it simple and going with either The Glenlivet 12 or Glenfiddich 12.

On an unrelated note, Glenfiddich 12 was my very first whisky I ever had. My uncle is a fan of Scotch and he let me have some of his whisky when I turned 21.

Glenfiddich is a good whisky, but I have also heard good things about Glenlivet and would not mind trying it out.

neverendingmidi

kiwifarms.net
So, I've been thinking of celebrating Halloween with something I enjoy but rarely indulge in, and that is a good single malt Scotch.

Thinking of keeping it simple and going with either The Glenlivet 12 or Glenfiddich 12.

On an unrelated note, Glenfiddich 12 was my very first whisky I ever had. My uncle is a fan of Scotch and he let me have some of his whisky when I turned 21.

Glenfiddich is a good whisky, but I have also heard good things about Glenlivet and would not mind trying it out.
I’ve had several Glenlivets (it’s my dad’s favorite, and I’ve had sips when I give him a bottle as a gift), the 18 yr is awesomely subtle, the 15 in french oak was pretty good, and the 21 was both good and hideously expensive. If you’re used to bourbons it might taste kind of bland as Glenlivet doesn’t have the heavy peat flavor that some, like Oban, has.

Botched Tit Job

Rachet & Sad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMO you really can't go wrong with a bottle of Old Grand-Dad. For like $13 a fifth it's pretty fucking good.
But if I'm feeling fancy I usually opt for a bottle of Jefferson Reserve. If I'm drinking with old people I go for Jim Beam. Jameson reminds me too much of college, and Knob Creek tastes like the inside of someone's shoe. Buchanan's tastes like a cigarette in the worst way.

Had to temporarily give up drinking for some medication recently and I've never considered myself a huge drinker but boy if I don't miss whiskey something awful. I have a bottle of Evan Williams 100 proof with one shot taken out of it that has been sadly staring me down the last few weeks. RIP

• Feels

Pog Mathoin

kiwifarms.net
I've been gifted a bottle of Port Charlotte 10 yr old whisky recently. Haven't tried it yet so am curious to hear any opinions. I'm fond of smoky/salty notes e.g., Talisker but really nice whisky is generally out of my price range,

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today I heard about a man who mellows the flavor of his whisky by adding a 200 year old mummified human toe to his glass. While trying to fact check this I discovered that he's not the only person to do this- "Sourtoe cocktail" is absolutly a thing.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/sourtoe-cocktail
A gentleman even donated three of his frostbitten toes to the bar this year.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/british-adventurer-toes-donation-yukon-sourtoe-cocktail-nick-griffiths-dawson-city-canada-a8295571.html

neverendingmidi

kiwifarms.net
I found Angel’s Envy Rye just recently. It was not fucking cheap, let me tell you. It is however pretty damn good. I haven’t had much rye, and this is finished in rum barrels. It has an almost caramel aftertaste, very nice. I’ve only tried it straight, but I think it will be nice in a Manhattan.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have been ODing on Islay recently (Bowmore 12, Laphroig Select/Quarter Cask, Lagavulin 16) and so going back to a favourite: Balvenie 12. I seem to be late to the party with this, as it's crept up in price recently, but is still much more affordable than the typical sherry cask gimmick-runs by larger brands. It's entirely delicious, honeyed goodness. Have a Dalwhinnie 15 and Bunnahabhain 12 (both new to me) ready to go but really need to clear some cupboard space first.

Last edited: