• "Im sure you would be comfortable with Sodomy if you gave it a try"

Culture White guy fired for bringing a watermelon to workplace primarily full of black guysReality is more absurd than fiction

Discussion in 'Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalism' started by raymond, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:29 AM.

Forum Guidelines
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  1. Wtf, now if I use a piece of cotton to adjust my make-up some black woman can beat me or what?

Also, please dont eat rice in front of me if you're a non asian, since my asian part gets all offended with that. Thanks.

• Feels Feels x 9
    DrainRedRain

DrainRedRain Making Alt-Right Great Again
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Watermelon is fucking delicious tho

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    StevenJewniverse

StevenJewniverse Leader of the Shining Shekels

kiwifarms.net
  3. I'll bet these are the same assholes who constantly whine "why is society so mean and impersonal now? How come no one every does anything nice for anyone else anymore?"

It's because anytime anyone tries they get attacked by authoritarian attention seeking pricks.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. He was probationary so it was unlikely he was on this particular force for more than a year or two. It's possible he may have experience from an outside jurisdiction but since he was probationary and white they were probably looking for any reason to fire him while they could still do it without him being able to refute the claims.

Fun fact, non-whites get an extra 5 points added to their written exams for the New York Fire Department.

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #24 Detrogen, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:11 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 12:19 PM
    Detrogen

Detrogen Real Humdinger

kiwifarms.net
  5. They thought he initially brought three watermelons, but two turned out to be his massive fucking balls.

• Like Like x 14
    • DRINK DRINK x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Mason Verger

Mason Verger we was only funnin'
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Watermelon is fucking delicious though.

FUCK.

• Feels Feels x 7
    Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Bravokin

kiwifarms.net
  7. These motherfuckers have no taste. I'd tap it.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    dunbrine47

dunbrine47 Has that NewNewbee smell.

kiwifarms.net
  8. Well this is the current year.*sigh*

I seriously doubt the guy even thought about watermelons being a black people food. He probably saw a huge watermelon at the store and thought it would be a nice thing to bring. At least he didn't bring fried chicken.

Everything is offensive now. So it's getting impossible not to offend. I'm hoping that it eventually gets absurd enough that people realise how stupid it is and just knock it off already. But I'm probably being :optimistic:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Dysnomia

Dysnomia Who needs a STEM degree? I watch Rick and Morty!

kiwifarms.net
  9. Out of all stereotypes, this one is the only one I don't get at all. Who doesn't love watermelon?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 3
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  10. I think the same thing with fried chicken.

• Agree Agree x 12
    kiwifarms.net
  11. My best friend is black(ish) but not a big fan of fried chicken. It was very disappointing for me.

• Feels Feels x 10
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  12. Maybe they should just broaden the stereotype to food with no nutritional value. Like, if you're going to eat a fruit, there's almost no upside to eating a watermelon besides taste. It's all water and sugar.

• Informative Informative x 5
    Detrogen

Detrogen Real Humdinger

kiwifarms.net
  13. lul my old work liked to throw a party for whoever was employee of the month (part mixer and meeting at the same time) and some guy brought seedless watermelon slices, which is okay, but placed it right next to the Acme fried chicken serving tray....and our employee of the month was black.

Nobody noticed it at all except me while driving home, realizing what happened. I just remember Jay sitting there with the most wry, puckered smile on his face, looking like he was ready to burst with laughter.

• Winner Winner x 11
    Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. For some reason there used to be this dumb stereotype of blacks just going nuts over watermelons -- like it was a drug or something to them. You'd see them on those old racist postcards with the black charicatures grinning and salivating over huge slices of watermelon. I don't know where the origins come from, though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Mrs Paul

Mrs Paul Yinzer Kiwi

kiwifarms.net
  15. Remember the old Tumblr saying: "if you leave your house and didn't found at least five things to be offended in the first five minutes, you're probably a bigot and a enabler of prejudice. Kill yourself uwu"

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    DrainRedRain

DrainRedRain Making Alt-Right Great Again
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. My god, this is worse when I brought my Zyklon-B to a Passover service. Sorry, Schlomo.

• Like Like x 10
    • Feels Feels x 3
    Morose_Obesity

Morose_Obesity Professir emetrius:Advanced shitposting 440
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. It's not a stereotype, it's largely a universal truth. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with liking watermelon, as this gentleman will tell you:

Notice how after he eats some he can barely control his utter delight and can only say, "Lord, have mercy!"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Coleman Francis

Coleman Francis I'm... gonna... keep... doing my thang.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. It's actually a bizarre circumstance of being a completely misinterpreted cultural staple that over time came to be seen as an offensive stereotype. It's like how rice is a staple in the diet of many Asian nations alongside fish, but none of them would act fucking exceptional if you wanted to treat them to it. Chicken and watermelon, similarly, is a dietary staple that was prominent to rural black households in the southern states because while you maybe couldn't afford to own something like a cow, a henhouse in the yard was relatively easy to keep for a mostly self-sustaining supply of protein in eggs and such. Frying a whole chicken was bound to have leftovers, a learned mentality in preparation that came from soul food where you worked with what you had regardless of its parts; so there's dinner and lunch for your man to take with to work. Not to mention, properly prepared chicken was the kind of dinner you'd serve to your pastor on a Sunday if he'd decided to come over for dinner after service, a practice that was not at all uncommon in the more tightly knit, predominantly black churches of the times. tl;dr, Fried Chicken has a big significance the heritage of African Americans, though probably not from the most comfortable of times during their stay in America, and it being drummed up as uniquely a dish they went gaga over in order to be offensive was pretty bottom of the barrel as far as caricatures goes.

As for watermelon, I don't actually know how this originated except, again, going back to certain dietary patterns; sweet and watery fruits that you'd take for lunches in place of fresh water, which you couldn't really get reliably back in those days.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    KidKitty

KidKitty Official Junior Shitposter

kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Showed this to a black friend of mine. All he had to say was:

"They're fucking stupid. Dude was probably trying for some dad-joke-level humor. 'What do FIREfighters eat? WATERmelon!'"

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Echo_Ender

Echo_Ender Doggo

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Hashes/s 0
    Total 0
    Threads 0
    Activity  0% 

We run a Monero miner on the Kiwi Farms. Understand that by visiting this website, you will be contributing some of your computational resources to it in the form of mining a cryptocurrency. More information can be found here.

thx u n i love you ~ null

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.