White Settlement Church Shooting -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
Then boomer draws and takes out the shitbag with one headshot.
I'm not sure I agree with with the designation Boomer, that old dude looked like he survived WW2.

"The AR-15 was originally built for the battlefield"
"The defining characteristic is the speed and power of the bullet."
"It's a weapon designed to inflict maximum damage."
Aside from the last point which I omittied because its stupid and while the video is pretty dumb technically all of that is accurate. Though I do agree a firearm built for war and one built for defense have very little difference in the scheme of things.

Then again even talking about this bullshit is pointless anyway because that's what they want. A Battle Rifle from a hotel window and some regular rifles were responsible for the worst mass shooting in recent history. "Assault Rifle" is just a buzzword the talking heads use to sway voters one way or the other.

Last edited:

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't count on this being a good example for gun ownership. With an AR Tarrant style and a bit more aggro he'd have gotten at least 10-15 people KIA or more depending on how fast the boomer would get him. Everyone got very lucky.
A shotgun at close range is far more likely to be lethal than a spray and pray with an AR. There would've been a few more casualties, but some of them would've lived. He was taken down pretty quickly as it was. I doubt he'd have anywhere near a double digit score.

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure I agree with with the designation Boomer, that old dude looked like he survived WW2.

Aside from the last point which I omittied because its stupid and while the video is pretty dumb technically all of that is accurate. Though I do agree a firearm built for war and one built for defense have very little difference in the scheme of things.

Then again even talking about this bullshit is pointless anyway because that's what they want. A Battle Rifle from a hotel window and some regular rifles were responsible for the worst mass shooting in recent history. "Assault Rifle" is just a buzzword the talking heads use to sway voters one way or the other.
I wouldn't say those points are accurate. The AR-15's defining characteristic is not at all the "speed and power of the bullet." It's fires a bullet that is significantly less powerful than the rifles that came before it. Its advantage is that it's lighter and easier to handle. But if the media sees a scary black AR-15 next to an M14 made of wood they'd probably think the M14 is a hunting rifle.

I'm not sure how to even address "it is designed to inflict maximum damage" because that could be true of any firearm or none of them, depending if you are using the term relative to other firearms or not. It's not going to inflict maximum damage compared to a shotgun at close range, for example.

Flip a coin if a shotgun or AR would have been more deadly in this sort of scenario. Sure, a shotgun is devastating at close range but it's sort of overkill. Getting hit with any rifle round in the chest is still likely to incapacitate quickly. If he had been able to followup faster with an AR he might taken out the second defensive shooter and then it would have been very bad news (because everyone else was late to the party and ammo capacity is better).

Nuances aren't exactly prevalent in the media following a shooting, though.

MistyFriend

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't say those points are accurate. The AR-15's defining characteristic is not at all the "speed and power of the bullet." It's fires a bullet that is significantly less powerful than the rifles that came before it. Its advantage is that it's lighter and easier to handle. But if the media sees a scary black AR-15 next to an M14 made of wood they'd probably think the M14 is a hunting rifle.

I'm not sure how to even address "it is designed to inflict maximum damage" because that could be true of any firearm or none of them, depending if you are using the term relative to other firearms or not. It's not going to inflict maximum damage compared to a shotgun at close range, for example.

Flip a coin if a shotgun or AR would have been more deadly in this sort of scenario. Sure, a shotgun is devastating at close range but it's sort of overkill. Getting hit with any rifle round in the chest is still likely to incapacitate quickly. If he had been able to followup faster with an AR he might taken out the second defensive shooter and then it would have been very bad news (because everyone else was late to the party and ammo capacity is better).

Nuances aren't exactly prevalent in the media following a shooting, though.
*has never seen a 5.56 wound channel*

Make Anime Illegal

CONFISCATE their waifus
kiwifarms.net
Aside from the last point which I omittied because its stupid and while the video is pretty dumb technically all of that is accurate.
Problem is, they make it sound like, if not explicitly state, that the rifle was designed to shoot a high powered cartridge. When the reality is the opposite, it was designed to fire lower power rounds to strike a compromise between full auto and semi auto. It's really not "designed for the battlefield" if you remove the feature that you made compromises to support (select fire).

The Last Stand

Black History Month, represent!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just love how some "homeless" psychopath had the bright idea of shooting up a Texas church, only to get swiftly taken down by a Texas ex-FBI old man with one headshot. Meanwhile, we have a potential lolcow that has a PhD in "gender studies" that looks like an inflated sausage because she wouldn't shut up about the name of the town.

Last day of 2019, this is already interesting.

Damn Furfag

S-S-Senpai, it's so big~
kiwifarms.net
A shotgun at close range is far more likely to be lethal than a spray and pray with an AR. There would've been a few more casualties, but some of them would've lived. He was taken down pretty quickly as it was. I doubt he'd have anywhere near a double digit score.
Knowing that it's Texas, the odds were stacked against his kill count already.

Baby Jane Hudson

But ya are in that chair, Blanche, ya are.
kiwifarms.net
Anyone remember Online Gamer on YT? His famous phrase was "Head shot, bitch!" That was my first thought when I saw the video for the first time and saw the gunman's brains splatter against the wall. Then all these folks grabbing their pistols from their waistbands!! Very cool.

I didn't enjoy seeing the two parishioners, shot though (I saw the unedited video without the blurred out section).

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's money laundering, actually. You see, the various colleges are REQUIRED to pay access to those studies, and once they get power they force the schools to funnel money to Grievence Studies programs.

So there's incentive for the system to encourage these types to constantly create worthless research so the system can constantly funnel tax dollars to the diversity industry.

Dr. Dindu there's literally worse than useless, she's an active leech, sucking money from the US Taxpayer to push paper after paper explaining how she's a poor widdle victim and fuck whitey.
Yeah and people don't realize how much they have to pay either. If you go on most of those databases yourself, it's like 30-50 bucks for one document, so I can just image how much a subscription costs for an entire database.

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Jump

kiwifarms.net
The shooter is identified, dig in Kiwis.

Edit: Archive

Name: Keith Thomas Kinnunen
My bet is they waited to release his name until every trace he had online was scrubbed clean.

Tags
None