White Settlement Church Shooting -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

PaniniMan

Christmas Edition
kiwifarms.net
So what do we think the reason for the shooting is? RT doesn't say who it is.
>Kebab
>Antifa/liberal
>Incel
>Fedora tipping atheist
>Alt Right
>Schizo
>False flag/Black ops/MK Ultra.

Going to go with the good old Incel crossed with fedora tipper/shitlib.
Probably antifag or liberal as you can clearly see he is a gaunt and skinny wimp who obviously felt the need to conceal himself in a gigantic trench coat

Edit: Shit I guess I should have read the next page

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
*has never seen a 5.56 wound channel*
Any modern rifle round will cause extensive wound characteristics at close to medium range. The yaw of a 5.56 when the right bullet is matched with the right barrel twist (often not the case) does not make it magic, contrary to what The Atlantic and The Trace would like to have everyone believe. The 5.56 became the defacto military round not because it is more powerful or even more lethal than its immediate predecessors (7.62 having more than twice the weight\energy and terminal ballistics to match) but because it is more efficient. Good reason, but it's funny how the AR is still talked about in the media in a case like this where a shotgun, often considered a sportsman or hunting firearm, was... well, about as effective as anything can be.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Is it normal to be butthurt that the venue for this incident was "White Settlement?"
Yes, they're unable to conceal their rage that a bunch of white people were able to defend themselves so that more white people didn't die and that it is literally called "White Settlement" and literally called that because white people settled there back in the day, and that just rubs that in for them.

Non-Expert!

Feel free to misgender me.
kiwifarms.net
Soo... a white guy, in literally, a "white settlement" takes out a gun in a white church and kills a couple of white people and subsequently gets killed by a white guy ....

And this is still all about exclusion and racial oppression?

I am sure that Black folks would have been welcome in their congregation that day, as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Any volunteers?

Jump

kiwifarms.net
*has never seen a 5.56 wound channel*
I think it would depend greatly what the shotgun was loaded with.
At 10 yards with 00 buck then you have fist sized hole in you.
If its #7 bird or target then your just in for a painful ER visit.
5.56 at least has the slight chance of missing something vital and just going strait through.

Mary O.

kiwifarms.net
I always find it the most fucked up when someone shoots up (or on this case, attempts to) a place that's considered holy.
I mean, it isn't any more fucked up than shooting up a school or a supermarket. A church is just a building.

The more I analyze the video the more it hits home for me. I have a few connections to this church. Hearing the young boy in the video crying for his "papa" and the boy's mother screaming in the purest form of fear and shock is well... Heartbreaking. This doesn't feel like reality if you simply read or watch it online. Just another shooting with a badass taking down the perp. For me that's all these shootings became. But with that small sliver of a connection it suddenly makes it real for me.

What we have to realize, those of us in America. Is that at this point, nowhere is safe. I had a question about whether I would ever use a firearm against someone once. Now I'm enrolled in courses to actually get better at using my weapons. Like Mr. Wilson said, evil exists.

I left the evangelical church when I was younger, moved far away, and never thought twice about God until now. Whether there really was a heaven or hell. We all die and if there is any truth to what is taught in any religion, I hope hell and heaven exist. A shot to the head and non-existence is too good for the man who killed those innocent people. And the innocents that died that day deserved a lot better.
Drama Queen.

hate to be that bitch but... there have been horrendous mass shootings in texas. in recent memory. one of which was the catalyst for legislation that allowed texans to carry in places of worship.
There's been loads of mass shootings in Texas. Hell they practically invented the modern mass shooting with the UT clock tower shooting.

And Jesus the "what kind of faggot tries to shoot up a church... in TEXAS?" meme is tiring, the Sutherland Springs Church shooting was just two years ago.
The shooting at a Walmart in El Paso happened back in August of this year. It killed 22 and injured 24.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't say those points are accurate. The AR-15's defining characteristic is not at all the "speed and power of the bullet." It's fires a bullet that is significantly less powerful than the rifles that came before it. Its advantage is that it's lighter and easier to handle. But if the media sees a scary black AR-15 next to an M14 made of wood they'd probably think the M14 is a hunting rifle.

I'm not sure how to even address "it is designed to inflict maximum damage" because that could be true of any firearm or none of them, depending if you are using the term relative to other firearms or not. It's not going to inflict maximum damage compared to a shotgun at close range, for example.
Don't want to turn this into a gun debate but generally ARs and their bigger cousins and well most famous guns are infact "designed for war" since, you know, that was kind of the point of all of those aspects you just mentioned. Most guns designed for civlian use are crippled messes designed for "hunting" or sometimes you have weird ones like pocket pistols or ones designed for assasinations but its pretty much; most modern firearms are or were designed for war. And if you really want one to defend yourself, one designed for warfare will be about as effective as any other. Model not withstanding.

And you basically just restated the point I meant on the second one. With some rare exceptions such as weird security loadouts like ceramic-filled hollow points, target rounds and wadcutters, pretty much every gun is designed to inflict maximum damage on a target since, duh, its a gun. If I bought a gun and was told it wasn't designed to inflict maximum damage, I'd go back to the shop and ask for my fucking money back.

Problem is, they make it sound like, if not explicitly state, that the rifle was designed to shoot a high powered cartridge. When the reality is the opposite, it was designed to fire lower power rounds to strike a compromise between full auto and semi auto. It's really not "designed for the battlefield" if you remove the feature that you made compromises to support (select fire).
Christ, I get it. It was just a mild observational joke. I'm not gassing up my party van to take your guns any time soon.

Last edited:

Rat Speaker

#SquishyGang
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't want to turn this into a gun debate but generally ARs and their bigger cousins and well most famous guns are infact "designed for war" since, you know, that was kind of the point of all of those aspects you just mentioned. Most guns designed for civlian use are crippled messes designed for "hunting" or sometimes you have weird ones like pocket pistols or ones designed for assasinations but its pretty much; most modern firearms are or were designed for war. And if you really want one to defend yourself, one designed for warfare will be about as effective as any other. Model not withstanding.

And you basically just restated the point I meant on the second one. With some rare exceptions such as weird security loadouts like ceramic-filled hollow points, target rounds and wadcutters, pretty much every gun is designed to inflict maximum damage on a target since, duh, its a gun. If I bought a gun and was told it wasn't designed to inflict maximum damage, I'd go back to the shop and ask for my fucking money back.

Christ, I get it. It was just a mild observational joke. I'm not gassing up my party van to take your guns any time soon.
Lol there you go, off on a tangent again. Why don't you go sperg @Y2K Baby again big guy?

CumDumpster

camedei707, Evil Overlord of Xedo
kiwifarms.net
This happens and 2020's on the horizon...
I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the "Impeachment" is going to go nowhere?
The last political happening that might be related is that Californian absentees without a party preference are going to be outside of the presidential contest unless they choose a ballot to receive. Knowing how Trump was picked by the American Independent Party, I chose their ballot. Let's see if they try any other stunts... I'm aware that they're doing this to please capitalists such as Bezos.

The only thing industries fear more than losing money is a public wise to the damage that industries are causing to their freedoms.
The year of "Jolly Roger"-types starts NOW!

Last edited:

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net

The AR-15 was not originally designed for military use, it's the scaled-down version of the AR-10 that was designed for US military trials.

As far as I know, it was available on the commercial market before being adopted by any military.

But yeah, I would call it a military weapon, in it's current form, as changes from the M16 and M4 platforms are integrated into almost any model you can buy, for example the forward assist.

Cuck Duck

Ducky Mo Ducky Momo, he's your very best friend!
kiwifarms.net
I never see the shootings, I only hear descriptions
This is horrifying
Imagine not knowing how long it would last and not knowing who is shooting who because you're ducking down
This is so eye-opening and I'm glad some of them had guns
What's weird is one of the few streamed shootings showcased a good guy with a gun
Not to get political but I wonder how this will affect gun politics

It's almost 2020 and I hope this ends
I know thoughts and prayers don't do diddly squat but still

• Autistic
Reactions: FuckedUp

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, the second person that was shot was the deacon and he was a black man. The young woman screaming "Daddy no!" and dashing around was his daughter. He later died in the ambulance. I believe his grandchildren were also present.

edit: I was saying earlier that perhaps the shooter was in disguise because he had sought food/money assistance from the church in the past and wanted more, but didn't want to be recognized by the deacon and be turned away because he has already received assistance recently. OR that his intent was to rob the deacon or anyone really, at the church and he wore a disguise because he knew he could be identified by the deacon, but did not know the church had armed security. Just a theory. He was a nut in any case.

edit2: Like I'm not a gun sperg but doesn't a shotgun seem like a really bizarre choice for attempting a MASS shooting?

Last edited:
That happened so fast ... it's impressive that the good guy had the composure to do a 1 shot kill from that distance. I mean, after two people getting blasted in quick succession with that loud shotgun which scared him.

Big gatherings of people like this should have at least one trained, non-cucked armed person, carrying a conceiled gun.

JethroTullamore

Continuing the Irish tradition of alcoholism
kiwifarms.net
I never see the shootings, I only hear descriptions
This is horrifying
Imagine not knowing how long it would last and not knowing who is shooting who because you're ducking down
This is so eye-opening and I'm glad some of them had guns
What's weird is one of the few streamed shootings showcased a good guy with a gun
Not to get political but I wonder how this will affect gun politics

It's almost 2020 and I hope this ends
I know thoughts and prayers don't do diddly squat but still
Videos like this are the ones that really do get my blood pumping, probubly because they hit so close to home.
Its the the kind of situation anyone could see themselves in, I can imagine the guy that was shot first being a loved one, and witnessing that in church.
That being said, I think more people should watch videos like this, instead of just hearing news stories about “x number of people killed in a wal Mart” and then a couple people arguing about gun laws or whatever, it forces you see it happen and realize not only that it is very much real, but also just how quickly things can go down.

Tags
None