Who was the worst British Prime Minister?

Who was the worst?

• May

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • Cameron

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Blair

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • Major

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Thatcher

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Callaghan

• Wilson

• Heath

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • MacMillan

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Eden

• Attlee

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Churchill

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Other...

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Chamberlain

Votes: 12 9.4%

• Total voters

mate

kiwifarms.net
The UK needs an 'outsider' prime minister like the USA had with Trump. Unfortunately all our outsider energy was funnelled into Farage and Brexit and now, as Brexit has kind of happened, it is diffuse again.

Big sad.

Slimy Time

Foot fetish gone too far.
kiwifarms.net
Really been out of UK politics since I posted here 2 years ago (part of no longer living in the UK). BoJo imo can probably be summed up as "great campaign, complete disappointment in power". He's fortunate that Labour are so utterly weak and divided between the Trots and the Blairites/Starmerites, who are so unappealing that he really doesn't seem in danger.

Still think May is worst Conservative PM by sheer inability to do anything she set out to do. Every thing done was either a fuckup or done poorly, or not done at all.
The UK needs an 'outsider' prime minister like the USA had with Trump. Unfortunately all our outsider energy was funnelled into Farage and Brexit and now, as Brexit has kind of happened, it is diffuse again.

Big sad.
That was Boris election time. Not an outsider, but had all the talking points of an outsider, plus a pact with Farage and the Brexit party. Now that he's in, not much different from what I hear.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Voted Attlee, he brought in a government over-reach that would make even modern Britain cringe including things like nationalized coal companies, railways, airlines, gas and electric, the steel industry, banks and hospitals, and would have done even more if he could get away with it. Needless to say, most of that did not end well.

mate

kiwifarms.net
Really been out of UK politics since I posted here 2 years ago (part of no longer living in the UK). BoJo imo can probably be summed up as "great campaign, complete disappointment in power". He's fortunate that Labour are so utterly weak and divided between the Trots and the Blairites/Starmerites, who are so unappealing that he really doesn't seem in danger.

Still think May is worst Conservative PM by sheer inability to do anything she set out to do. Every thing done was either a fuckup or done poorly, or not done at all.

That was Boris election time. Not an outsider, but had all the talking points of an outsider, plus a pact with Farage and the Brexit party. Now that he's in, not much different from what I hear.
Yes, I agree. Boris is all sizzle, no steak. His agreement with Farage and the Brexiteers was temporary to get him in and now that he is in he doesn't care. But one thing I'll say in his and the Tory's favour... Thank fuck they were in during Covid and not Labour. Can you imagine the mismanagement and the virtue signalling? It has been bad enough with them in charge but with Labour we'd be sending money to China to please think about having an internal Covid investigation, please?

We'd be sending money to Paki shopkeepers to apologise for shutting down the underage knocking shops they have in the back room.

Small mercies.

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
I fail to see how an island nation can have an immigrant problem. It sounds like there has a been a rather long string of bad PMs for this to continue. Just blow up the fucking chunnel and shoot down all those stupid planes coming from bullshit countries (including, and especially, former colonies).

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
South African whites fucked themselves over. It was they who imported enormous numbers of blacks for stupidly cheap labour in the mines because the Afrikaners couldn't be bothered to mine their own gold. They just wanted their massive welfare state without doing any of the hard labor to pay for it - not to mention the total lack of respect of private property rights for the blacks who were born there, had their citizenship and property seized from them, only to be shipped off to the matchbox-housing mass townships on some of the worst real estate in the country. Modern-day South Africa is a shithole in many respects and the murders and attacks on whites currently in South Africa are totally wrong and unjustifiable, but Apartheid South Africa was hardly a utopia. It was an extremely unevenly developed police state that wanted all the benefits of an American-style settler state with a European-style welfare system, but without any of the sacrifice of their own labor to build it.

Rhodesia on the other hand is honestly a much sadder case, because it had enormous potential and was nowhere near as severe in its discrimination as South Africa. It was just as much a victim of outside meddling - and, in the end, it was Apartheid South Africa that betrayed them.

Namibia to a lesser extent as well. Botswana really is a brilliant example of a country that started out as among the poorest in the world and played its cards absolutely right, bringing itself to developed-world status. Seretse Khama was a brilliant leader and a largely unrecognized star of national leadership worth studying in depth.
Namibia was under South African rule during the entire period of apartheid. The SWAPO just had their heads screwed on right once it became independent.

ClownBrew

Drink the brew!
kiwifarms.net
I would say that the worst one from recent years was Mrs. May. Not just for the borking of Brexit and the black eye it gave the Tories, but for that treacherous Huawei scandal.

Mr. Bojangles isn't too bad overall, but I have a friendly word of advice for him from across the pond: Please stop trying to burn down the Special Relationship over Anne Sacoolas and chlorinated chicken. Britain has far worse enemies in this world than us.

DJ Grelle

mentally ill
kiwifarms.net
The worst parliamentary leader was Cromwell. Fuck the parliament, long live the king.

TANDEM TRIUMPHANS STUART RESTORATION NOW

CiaphasCain

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖒𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖗 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖘
kiwifarms.net
The worst parliamentary leader was Cromwell. Fuck the parliament, long live the king.
Yeah because the royal family definitely wouldn't fuck us all over.

Cyclonus

kiwifarms.net
The problem with pissing on Thatcher's grave is that you eventually run out of piss.

Last edited: