Wholesome anime - lol feelings are gay

SugarSnot

You will not want it after reading the tags.
kiwifarms.net
Usagi Drop was so wholesome of an anime that it made my forever alone virgin buddy go out and start a family because it instilled a sort of parental instinct in him. It's about a guy who adopts his granddad's bastard daughter after his granddad dies. Just whatever you do, never read or watch past the anime. The author went bonkers at the end.

I'd also recommend Non Non Biyori. If you grew up on the countryside or close to it the anime really captures that nostalgic feeling. It definitely romanticizes it a bit, but that's what you want from that kind of anime anyway.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: The Old Lurker

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
I'm watching My Hero Academia right now. It really plays with your emotions at times, but just the message about pursuing even during doubt and ridicule is kind of nice.
Are you just discovering anime for the first time in your life? It sure is revolutionary storytelling... for 1995.

For wholesome, I'd definitely go with MD Geist. See, it's a tale of finding your place after a very long and unforeseen absence and persevering through said tribulations that come via said circumstances.

And despite the main character literally dooming the world at the end with no other possible outcome, it still got a sequel years later, further showcasing the uplifting message that nothing is forever, not even certain death.

Last edited:

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
For me, it's Kids on the Slope. There are a lot of high school drama animus, but none of them that I've seen, when all is said and done, feel as satisfyingly bittersweet and true-to-life as that one.

The Old Lurker

Quiet Desperation
kiwifarms.net
I don't know exactly what you'd define as "wholesome" but here are some anime with minimal objectionable content and good old-fashioned values.

Shirokuma Cafe
Sougen no Ko Tenguri
Astro Boy 1960s (others are probably good too but I haven't seen them so I can't personally recommend)
Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?
Wan Wan Chuushingura
Aria the Animation
Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberand
The Pretty Cure series
Tale of a Street Corner
Little Witch Academia
Most Ghibli (Shout out to From Up on Poppy Hill it's criminally underrated)
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Heidi Girl of the Alps
Kemono Friends
Any anime about cute cats. Especially banana cats

The devil flips burgers. That's probably not the actual name but it's close enough
Are you talking about The Devil is a Part-timer?

Last edited:
Reactions: SugarSnot

Mender Bug

kiwifarms.net
I don't know exactly what you'd define as "wholesome" but here are some anime with minimal objectionable content and good old-fashioned values.

Shirokuma Cafe
Sougen no Ko Tenguri
Astro Boy 1960s (others are probably good too but I haven't seen them so I can't personally recommend)
Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?
Wan Wan Chuushingura
Aria the Animation
Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberand
The Pretty Cure series
Tale of a Street Corner
Little Witch Academia
Most Ghibli (Shout out to From Up on Poppy Hill it's criminally underrated)
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Heidi Girl of the Alps
Kemono Friends
Any anime about cute cats. Especially banana cats

Are you talking about The Devil is a Part-timer?
Yes thank you

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Most of the wholesome anime I know also have a tendency to make people suicidal. The Japanese can't seem to go one heartwarming story without inserting a tragedy or painfully in-depth breakdown of the human condition.
Have you ever seen Non Non Biyori? The most tragic event in either season is the death of a few brine shrimp and maybe also a single-appearance character (who is actually the main character in a different manga by the same mangaka) moving away suddenly.

Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
tumblr_lxwvtp0CzO1qe72bwo1_r1_400.gif

This is Poyo of Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki. He round and fat and does cat things for 52 short episodes, hyaa~.

tumblr_inline_mz03w40s8T1swymcz.gif

Saint Young Men is about Jesus and Buddha vacationing in Japan.

And this is the opening to Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo!! Masaru-san. A widget series at its finest guaranteed to make you go "lolwut" every episode.

Ubiquitous

kiwifarms.net
Mary & The Witch's Flower. Not really for grown ups, but the lovely animation and colourful scenes coupled with a story about a girl living in the English Countryside and discovering a sentient broomstick that flies her to Anime Hogwarts makes for pretty feel-good viewing.

• Informative
Reactions: frozenrunner

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Mary & The Witch's Flower. Not really for grown ups, but the lovely animation and colourful scenes coupled with a story about a girl living in the English Countryside and discovering a sentient broomstick that flies her to Anime Hogwarts makes for pretty feel-good viewing.
Mary and the Witch's Flower is based on a book, The Little Broomstick by Mary Stewart, that came out in 1971, over a quarter century before the first Harry Potter book. That book and Jill Murphy's The Worst Witch series, the first book of which was published in 1974 and which also featured another magical school very similar to Hogwarts, were likely huge influences on J.K. Rowling even if she doesn't ever acknowledge them.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino