Wholesome anime - lol feelings are gay

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always liked GTO, which is about as wholesome as an anime about a perverted motorcycle gang member turned middle school homeroom teacher for a class of students infamous for getting all their teachers to quit COULD be. It's basically just about him winning the class over by helping them out of jams.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
Bartender (anime), Samurai Gourmet and Midnight Cafe (both live action but based on manga) are wholesome enough shows about people connecting over food and drink. Yakitate Ja-Pan also has its moments in between the baking battle lunacy.

I'd also say Shokugeki no Souma but let's face it, those reactions are anything but....

Last edited:

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haibane Renmei - it's a show about angels and shit. I think it was pretty wholesome, with the exception of the hole... wings... thing. Otherwise wholesome. I think. It's been a while.

I dunno, would Trigun be considered wholesome? A lot of it is about Vash trying to overcome violence through pacifism, and trying to fight against temptation.

Wyzzerd

Magical advice for reasonable fees.
kiwifarms.net
I dunno, would Trigun be considered wholesome? A lot of it is about Vash trying to overcome violence through pacifism, and trying to fight against temptation.
I would. Vash was an inspiration to me as a young kid. He is constantly optimistic, extremely compassionate, and values human life above all else and the ending is just fantastic. He is the kind of man who should be looked up to and his perseverance in what is thrown at him is admirable.

The fights are great, the villains are batman levels of rogues gallery, side characters are memorable and it's a great ride all the way through.

I can't say enough good things about Trigun, it's my all time favorite anime.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wings of Honnemaise, also known as Royal Space Force.
It's not for everyone, but it's beautiful if nothing else.

The music influenced the Metal Slug OST.

• Winner
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Wings of Honnemaise, also known as Royal Space Force.
It's not for everyone, but it's beautiful if nothing else.

The music influenced the Metal Slug OST.
I really need to watch this already, the gorgeous, hand-drawn spectacle should be worth it alone. Not a single CGI vehicle in sight! Drawing digitally gives you nice, clean lines, but there's something special about those old, organic ink lines, especially when done with a level of skill and finesse such as this.

Space Brothers is a big favorite of mine, pretty wholesome messages about dreams, family, loss, self-worth, all that sorts of stuff. One Piece is pretty wholesome too if you ask me, there isn't a lot of shonen stuff that has managed to get me as teary eyed as good ol' OP. I'd say Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Demi-Chan wa Kataritai are also pretty wholesome. Initially I thought both would be overly fan service-y, pedo baiting garbage, and while there are parts that are a bit iffy (the whole Kanna-Riko stuff might feel like it was more aimed at pervy creeps to some), on the whole I was surprised how full of heart both shows were, and how well they have handled topics from acceptance to bullying and other assorted stuff. If I had to choose between teens watching these shows and crappy reality TV and YT\Twitch douchebags and thots, I'd choose the former in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
Azumanga Daioh for me. Also there's one about four roommates who drink a lot but I can't remember what it is called.

Reactions: Trombonista

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
"Comfy" countryside anime Non Non Biyori will soon be getting a third season.

I suspect this new season will introduce Akane Shinoda, a shy girl who is in Konomi Fujimiya's high school band (at a school in a town several stations away that Konomi has to get up very early in the morning to get to) and who treats Konomi as her sempai. I wouldn't be surprised if we also see the return of Honoka Ishikawa and possibly even a visit to Asahigaoka village by Aoi Nizato from the Non Non Biyori: Vacation movie, even though she doesn't appear at all in the manga.

If I had any say in the matter, Hikage Miyauchi's demon friends Luche and Piko from Koakuma Meringue, the supernatural comedy manga from which Non Non Biyori is actually a spin-off, would make an appearance, but I suspect the anime producers want to keep all supernatural elements out of the Non Non Biyori anime... except for Hikage's giant roof-breaking leap and Renge's "Sosuner" punches, but I think their one-time only "super powers" were meant to manifest only in their imaginations.

TungstenCarbide

kiwifarms.net
Mirai Shonen Conan (Future Boy Conan), directed by Miyazaki', with all the themes he likes to talk about: war, huge fliying machines, nature, the power of innocence, a couple of children who will save the world. You can watch the whole 26 episodes here.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Trilby

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There was quite a variety of adaptations of classic literature in the 70s. Tom Sawyer, Little Women, Peter Pan, and others. Heidi and Marco are probably the most famous and they're very good. (just don't watch Remi) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Masterpiece_Theater

Flower Child Lunlun is also wholesome and has good graphics and animation for its time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_no_Ko_Lunlun

Most sport animes are ok.
I was going to mention Nippon Animation's famous "World Masterpiece Theater" series of shows but you beat me to it! Many of these are excellent examples like this take on Anne of Green Gables even Canada missed out on!

Mirai Shonen Conan (Future Boy Conan), directed by Miyazaki', with all the themes he likes to talk about: war, huge fliying machines, nature, the power of innocence, a couple of children who will save the world. You can watch the whole 26 episodes here.
They should've aired this on Nickelodeon 30 years ago, that's all I'm going to say!

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino