Whose head has gotten bigger: J.K. Rowling or George R.R. Martin -

Dr. Boe Jangles Esq.

Original Prick
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They don't really compare. JK Rowling is a shrill SJW. GRRM seems likes he really wishes he just retired so he could putter around in Santa Fe and resents being in too deep with HBO to completely bail out at this point.
This, essentially.
I get no ego off GRRM. I get a tired, very old man in so-so health with an armada of demanding fans who never seemed to want this level of fame or recognition. I never get a "wooo imma celebrity" vibe off him, he seems almost irritated by the demands of stardom.
He didn't want one of the most beloved series of all time, a million people hanging on his every word, and an HBO megashow. He wanted to write novels about sad snow men and their depressing world of incest and dragons.

Stardom is very demanding, and the dude is like 80. He doesn't want daily meetings about licensing and branding initiatives, he wants to nap until 11:30 and maybe watch Jeopardy.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Rowling by a Westerosi mile.

Gurm can get a little preachy in his blog but Rowling has gone full Lucas mode with how much shit she retroactively shoves into her work. I enjoyed the Harry Potter books, which is why I get so annoyed with this lady turning her wonderful little fairy tale into a platform for identity politics crap.

Also the Fatman hates fan fiction while Rowling encourages it. That alone makes the choice easy.

Venus

Dat bitch
kiwifarms.net
Rowling for sure.

I never was a huge fan of Harry Potter back in the day, though when she started to virtue signal it drove me further back from ever picking up any of the books.

When she announced Dumbledore being gay I couldn’t help but be annoyed by it for reasons that I just couldn’t put my finger on back then. In fact, anytime she tried to be a moral crusader I was pretty irritated and just wanted to say, “you’re an author, not a moral compass.” It doesn’t help that this fame has caused her to lose touch with general society, leading her to become baffled whenever people roll their eyes at her screeching about social justice.

Martin on the other hand seems to at least try to stay out of the spotlight and never pretended to be anything more than what he actually is. While I don’t like the GOT TV series anymore, I can appreciate an author who is humble in spite of fame.

Lez

Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!
kiwifarms.net
JK Rowling. I liked Harry Potter and her life story before that was inspiring, and I appreciate the donations that she has made and the impact of her books, but she really needs to learn to shut up and stop alienating her audience. She said Dumbledore was gay after the books ended without bothering to put it in the books, even in passing, yet she seems to want a medal for it. I didn't expect him to come out prancing and dancing and singing a song about it, but not even a sentence by any character mentioning it in passing? And of course with the new movies where this would be the perfect time to mention it... suddenly, nothing. She's all talk.

8777BB5

Keep her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net

A Welsh Cake

The Pride, Prejudice and Executioner
kiwifarms.net
Rowlings the obvious answer I just want to vent about George for a second.

He doesn’t have a middle name beginning with R, he just uses the initial to be reminiscent of Tolkien.

There are quite a few scenes in the books that involve paragraphs about how a character is shitting, how the heat is coming off the poop, their butthole flexing etc.

And to top it all off the only reason why no one calls it generic fantasy is because there’s no Elves and only one Dwarf.
I much prefer the spastic retcons and nonsense in Warcraft lore than the setting of Westeros because at least there’s interesting things.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino