• "Although, up their pooper; gotta be a Fetish!"

Why are autists so darn humorless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurningPewter, Oct 7, 2017.

Forum Guidelines
  • Spoiler adult content. Anything you wouldn't want your boss to see on your monitor should be hidden. Don't embed NSFW content in your post directly.
  1. I have this Asperger "geek" friend on facebook. I don't know how old he is but he looks about 4o (big bald guy) and wears anime t shirts and big cartoon character sneakers all the time. And he's always hanging around 20 year old girls in his various pokemon card game/whatever meetups he goes to trying to get them to sit on his lap or whatever.

He just posted on facebook that he had driven to this out-of-town Chinese warehouse foodstore and come back with a bunch of snacks - like exotic flavor chips, pocky, weird candy and whatever, and posted a picture of himself posing with the snacks.

So I said "Oh you were not tempted by the tofu and vegetables then lol" and he snapped back at me "I drive there to get things I can't get easily elsewhere. I can buy my healthy foods anywhere. You have an issue with my snack choice" Like whatever, why can't they just say "lol no not in a healthy mood today" or something.

• Powerlevel x 7
    • Autistic x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    BurningPewter

BurningPewter Sofa King Wrong

kiwifarms.net
  2. Sad to say this but most autists are wired like that in a way so they would fail in detecting humor from non-autists.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 5
    KiwiMisetté

KiwiMisetté Professional Kiwi Cutter

kiwifarms.net
  3. You know the answer to this.

Don't let them into your life, not even on facebook. Or you'll be the next one driving to an out-of-town Chinese warehouse foodstore for snacks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Triggered Fivehead

Triggered Fivehead The majority of Hell's inhabitants are troons

kiwifarms.net
  4. Autists have a problem with complex thoughts like that. Humor requires one twist and warp one's perception of something, where taking it literally is following a straight line. Autists like patterns, routine, consistency, and so on, and hence they go for the latter most of the time. Humor requires unorthodox thinking to get the logic behind the joke, and that requires people who prefer patterns and structure to avoid it, and they rebel against doing so subconsciously.

Doesn't mean they can't learn how to overcome this to some greater or lesser extent, but it's a natural handicap of autists.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 5
    GethN7

Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Humor is a human thing.

Autists are subhuman.

• Agree x 21
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Feels x 2
    • Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Informative x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous joy in calamity and delight in disaster
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  6. Learning how to make autist-level jokes can get you a lot of friends, but they're all autists so I don't know the real value of that

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Vrakks

Vrakks Ooh, here it comes! Here comes the night train!

kiwifarms.net
  7. One of the guys I did voluntary work for had heavy aspererg and yet a strong sense of humor all the time. It helps him go on. he loves to call people who treat him with delicate gloves exceptional individuals
    His autistic pattern was more on repeating constantly the chores he had to do for the day
    The sprectrum is a weird, weird thing

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Somsnosa

Somsnosa 'O sarracino! Bellu guaglione

kiwifarms.net
  8. It varies from person to person but the guy you are describing seems to be emotionally stunted not at Chris Chan levels but still below average. Some people with autism can tell when someone is being sarcastic or telling a joke. When I was younger I had difficulty with this after a while I picked up on it. People with autism need to learn social skills if they ever hope to live a normal life.

• Agree Agree x 8
    Jerry_ smith56

Jerry_ smith56 Cartoon lolcow

kiwifarms.net
  9. In my experience, plenty of them have some sense of humor, however infantile it may be, but they can never grasp sarcasm or anything that isn't explicitly presented in a joke format.

• Agree Agree x 4
    odius

odius Shadbase Pedophile

kiwifarms.net
  10. Many autists have literally never seen a joke in the wild, they don't know how to handle it so the result is an attempt at trying to be a human, which they fail miserably at.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Burgers in the ass

Burgers in the ass Everyday we drift away from Allah and his rules

kiwifarms.net
  11. I know, rite? I make a shitty shitpost about some cosplay fatass, and suddenly I can't post in beauty parlor at all. I've committed suicide five times, drank so much I french kissed the toothless 7-11 cashier and watched like, 40 seconds of Jimmy Fallon.
    That last one nearly destroyed my eternal soul.

My only true crime was not being funny enough to get away with shitposting

• Autistic Autistic x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    #11 Morose_Obesity, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Morose_Obesity

Morose_Obesity Professir emetrius:Advanced shitposting 440
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Kill yourself.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Dynastia

Dynastia bad person
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. tbh i'd snap at any 34-year-old who tries to dunk on my dietary habits with titty this big tho

upload_2017-10-7_23-57-28.png

• Islamic Content Islamic Content x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Dynastia

Dynastia bad person
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Omfg I literally almost gagged on vomit when I saw this. Why would anyone who looks like Kylewilliam here ever take a topless picture of himself let alone post it online?

• Feels Feels x 3
    Cricket

Cricket Totes adorabu for such a pitiless monster
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. @DNJACK explain this

• Like Like x 3
    Dynastia

Dynastia bad person
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Joke Air usually misses the runway at Autism Airport.

• Agree Agree x 6
    dunbrine47

dunbrine47 Has that NewNewbee smell.

kiwifarms.net
  17. Autists only understand Sonic jokes.

• Agree Agree x 8
    WhatNemesisMeans

WhatNemesisMeans Plz halp

kiwifarms.net
  18. Does this 'Asperger "geek" friend' have an account on this forum?

• Like Like x 6
    Kevin Spencer

Kevin Spencer He's a chain smoking, alcoholic sociopath

kiwifarms.net
  19. This is obviously untrue. You're on Kiwifarms so you clearly don't even have Facebook friends.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Scratch This Nut

Scratch This Nut Problematic Chihuahua

kiwifarms.net
  20. The difficulty lies in recognizing intent and social cues, alongside a tendency to take a literal interpretation of words which causes attempts at humor and subelty in general to often fall flat. Being autistic doesn't mean you're humourless, it's more that you need to be prepared for humor unless it's of a more obvious or familiar style.

Try silently reading "Oh you were not tempted by the tofu and vegetables then lol" in a neutral tone without a adding any inflections that would clue you in that it isn't meant seriously. Now, contrast that with his response and hopefully it'll make more sense.

• Like Like x 7
    Hiragana

Hiragana Drunk, High Aqua Teenatic

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Hashes/s 0
    Total 0
    Threads 0
    Activity  0% 

We run a Monero miner on the Kiwi Farms. Understand that by visiting this website, you will be contributing some of your computational resources to it in the form of mining a cryptocurrency. More information can be found here.

thx u n i love you ~ null

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.