Why are Gen-Z's so fascist? -

M

MI 814

kiwifarms.net
Well I was certainly too tired to post that crap the other day...

A tweet just reminded me. I usually see posts talking about how conservative Gen Z is, which I honestly believe (at least a good chunk are not all obviously) to be true. Though I hear a lot of people...funnily enough including those who say Gen Z is more conservative, that Gen Z are super far left and always vote democrat and are SJWs.

What is the case of these varying reports exactly? Different US State? Or just hallucinations?

I think it could be a bit of both, if you want to call being extremely biased an hallucination.

ZeCommissar

This paper contains all the reasons you're a fag
kiwifarms.net
Gen Z aren't fascist, they are edgy. Saying I hate niggers and love Trump on Fortnite after you lose to a player with a black character isn't being a actual Nazi, it's being a immature 15 year old.

They may be more right leaning than danger hair millennial (who isn't?) but they aren't going to start shoving a group of people into a gas chamber. Gen Z also isn't going to create any modern fascist societies (lol) out of any western nations that exist now. They won't cause any real right wing "cultural revolutions" like how Gen X caused a left-wing cultural revolution.

It is all wishful thinking, and I have a feeling that the current political climate we are in is going to be a really long one that will last until Gen Z are middle aged adults.

Last edited:

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Zoomers are the first generation to be fully immersed in technology and indoctrinated by the post 9/11 america society.
They're the first generation to have to attend 9/11 rallies, anti-bullying campaigns and anti school shooter rallies every year in school, while it's treated by a sacred cow by cranky school teachers, giving these kids a dark sense of humor and apathetic to tragedy.
Same thing with the preaching of "tolerance" and "equality": Sure, the millenials and Gen X were preached by it constantly, but Zoomers are the first generation where non-whites out number white americans, so they see the bullshit in "diversity" and how race mixing is a "good thing".
when the alternative is so unappealing it repels people to the far opposite also kids gotta be edgy no matter what time period. just look at the 60s for example.
Teenage rebellion wasn't really a thing until the 60's.
No one questions this despite us never knowing about rebelling teenagers during the world wars or 19th century America. Hell, the word "teenager" is a modern concept. at most, people would use the term "adolescent".

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Zoomers are the first generation to be fully immersed in technology and indoctrinated by the post 9/11 america society.
They're the first generation to have to attend 9/11 rallies, anti-bullying campaigns and anti school shooter rallies every year in school, while it's treated by a sacred cow by cranky school teachers, giving these kids a dark sense of humor and apathetic to tragedy.
Same thing with the preaching of "tolerance" and "equality": Sure, the millenials and Gen X were preached by it constantly, but Zoomers are the first generation where non-whites out number white americans, so they see the bullshit in "diversity" and how race mixing is a "good thing".

No one questions this despite us never knowing about rebelling teenagers during the world wars or 19th century America. Hell, the word "teenager" is a modern concept. at most, people would use the term "adolescent".
It was always a thing. It used to be routine for college campuses to literally go to war with the cities they were in, or for the locals to storm colleges for the perceived bad behavior of the youth. Every generation since we've had writing has old guys denouncing the youth as destroying society.

garakfan69

Mentally Enabled Schizoposter
kiwifarms.net
No one questions this despite us never knowing about rebelling teenagers during the world wars or 19th century America
Rebellious youth is a pretty old meme.
For example 18th century Sturm und Drang literature has a lot of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Oglooger

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Killing all w*Sternoids is our only hope.
i think Slavic Nazbol youths have to step up their game. Not everyone has such easy access to real life S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Donbas, yet they can't even finish main campaign after 4 years. Too early to even be dreaming about Baltic States DLC.

Reactions: Sgt. Pinback

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
For starters, because they're young. Young people (contrary to belief) are actually very ambitious which leads them to support conservative or libertarian ideology.

And then there's the change in the racial tide in the USA. The election of a biracial president in some ways was disastrous for racial relations. It emboldened black people to start acting entitled add to the flash mobs, riots and the knock out game during the Obama years. The older Zoomers grew up during this time period, and they know the truth about predatory behavior among ''you know who''. They have less empathy for them. This is similar to what happened in South Africa after Mandela.

Crustyguy

kiwifarms.net
Are we? I guess we are slightly more conservative than millenials. I remember a decent amount of students at my high school wearing MAGA hats when Trump got elected. At the same time, though, a lot of people were upset. I think it has to do with a reactionary mentality to the cultural shift seen throughout the past decades.

While I wouldn't describe myself as especially-right leaning, I think what started my shift against pc-culture was the amount of videos I saw complaining about Anita Sarkeesian around 2012-13. I've only grown more wary since then.

• Feels
Reactions: Dr W and Syaoran Li

Tismguide

kiwifarms.net
Are we? I guess we are slightly more conservative than millenials. I remember a decent amount of students at my high school wearing MAGA hats when Trump got elected. At the same time, though, a lot of people were upset. I think it has to do with a reactionary mentality to the cultural shift seen throughout the past decades.

While I wouldn't describe myself as especially-right leaning, I think what started my shift against pc-culture was the amount of videos I saw complaining about Anita Sarkeesian around 2012-13. I've only grown more wary since then.
And as of today, all the next generation will find is Breadtube. They fixed the glitch.

• Feels
Reactions: Trump's Chosen

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tucker Carlson is still on YouTube for now, but they'll want him gone too.
True, but I also think he's probably going to be one of the last ones to go solely for the fact that he is on a major cable news network.

I figure Tucker Carlson is one of the "endgame" deplatformings alongside Joe Rogan and Tim Pool, since those two are more or less centrists. Hell, Tim Pool is more or less an early 2000's center-left liberal who didn't go full woke like most of the other liberals in his camp.

Tucker Carlson is also the only obvious "endgame" target who's actually right-wing by any actual metric, and if he didn't have Fox News behind him, he'd have likely been axed by now or would be part of the next group up for the chopping block.

I think the next ones to go down are probably Steven Crowder, Styx, and maybe Sargon and Razor Fist. I can also see Blaire White and Rose at Dawn being victims of the next wave of bans given how they're more or less seen as traitors by the transgender element of the Woke Left.

Pointless Pedant

Waiting in queue for 2b2t
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
True, but I also think he's probably going to be one of the last ones to go solely for the fact that he is on a major cable news network.

I figure Tucker Carlson is one of the "endgame" deplatformings alongside Joe Rogan and Tim Pool, since those two are more or less centrists. Hell, Tim Pool is more or less an early 2000's center-left liberal who didn't go full woke like most of the other liberals in his camp.

Tucker Carlson is also the only obvious "endgame" target who's actually right-wing by any actual metric, and if he didn't have Fox News behind him, he'd have likely been axed by now or would be part of the next group up for the chopping block.

I think the next ones to go down are probably Steven Crowder, Styx, and maybe Sargon and Razor Fist. I can also see Blaire White and Rose at Dawn being victims of the next wave of bans given how they're more or less seen as traitors by the transgender element of the Woke Left.
Rogan is vocally liberal and endorsed Sanders. I really don't think he'll ever be cancelled at all since he's basically on "Team Blue" so to speak, though not entirely. Carlson and Pool are practically speaking on "Team Red" so they will be targeted (I'm aware Pool is a former liberal but his audience is overwhelmingly conservative, whereas Rogan has a very mixed audience).

I don't really expect cancellation to have much effect on people who are genuinely liberals but aren't very PC. Bill Maher always struck me as a bit more moderate than some others but I don't think he'll be removed from social media for only being mostly on board with the Democrats. The point is to silence any genuine conservative opposition.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Senior Lexmechanic

Now Senior Lexmaniac
kiwifarms.net
Rogan is vocally liberal and endorsed Sanders. I really don't think he'll ever be cancelled at all since he's basically on "Team Blue" so to speak, though not entirely. Carlson and Pool are practically speaking on "Team Red" so they will be targeted (I'm aware Pool is a former liberal but his audience is overwhelmingly conservative, whereas Rogan has a very mixed audience).

I don't really expect cancellation to have much effect on people who are genuinely liberals but aren't very PC. Bill Maher always struck me as a bit more moderate than some others but I don't think he'll be removed from social media for only being mostly on board with the Democrats. The point is to silence any genuine conservative opposition.
I think, when talking about "endgame targets", we are talking about those who will be targeted when total ideological control of a given sector is nigh. In totalitarian states (which are not merely authoritarian, but, per the name, attempt to control nearly every aspect of the people and the culture), it is not enough to eliminate points of view that are contradictory to the Party, but any point of view that is not the Party line.
We see totalitarian governments, when coming into full power, first using their power to eliminate dissident voices, and then using it to purge the aligned factions that supported their rise to power for being sufficiently like the State ideology to pose a potential threat. For the USSR, this was the Stalin-Trotsky split. For China, Chiang Kai-Sheck and Mao. For Nazi Germany, the purge of the Strasserists.
For America's current strain of identitarian politics, the aligned target will most likely be the more radical edge of egalitarianism.

Tags
None