Why are Gen-Z's so fascist? -

Tismguide

kiwifarms.net
I think, when talking about "endgame targets", we are talking about those who will be targeted when total ideological control of a given sector is nigh. In totalitarian states (which are not merely authoritarian, but, per the name, attempt to control nearly every aspect of the people and the culture), it is not enough to eliminate points of view that are contradictory to the Party, but any point of view that is not the Party line.
We see totalitarian governments, when coming into full power, first using their power to eliminate dissident voices, and then using it to purge the aligned factions that supported their rise to power for being sufficiently like the State ideology to pose a potential threat. For the USSR, this was the Stalin-Trotsky split. For China, Chiang Kai-Sheck and Mao. For Nazi Germany, the purge of the Strasserists.
For America's current strain of identitarian politics, the aligned target will most likely be the more radical edge of egalitarianism.
What does "more radical edge of egalitarianism" mean here? I'm not clear on who will be trying to purge who.

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How come you can consider Zoomers generally fascist when 2/3rds of them are unrepentant hedonistic consoomers and/or edgelords?
The Early Zoomers pretty much are "unrepentant hedonistic consoomers" and SJW's as a general rule since they're more or less just Late Millennials who happened to be born in Clinton's second term instead of his first.

At the same time, I would not be surprised if they have their own version of "hippie to yuppie" like the younger Boomers did in the 80's and 90's.

The Core Zoomers are more of a 50/50 split from my observations, but also there's age to consider since most people are more hedonistic and "edgy" in their teens and early twenties, and the Core Zoomers are just now old enough to buy beer at their absolute oldest and are high school seniors at their absolute youngest.

Really, I think the Core Zoomers are more likely to be an echo of Generation X where they're more apolitical/apathetic or at most trend moderate liberal or centrist on average, especially as they get older and reach their mid-late 20's and early-mid 30's. The great BLM coup of 2020 will probably throw a monkey wrench into that initial prediction though.

Late Zoomers are all either high schoolers or middle schoolers, and are honestly the most likely to be closer to the "based Generation Zyklon" cliched meme since they've entered their "edgy rebellious teen counterculture phase" during the peak of Current Year and Generation Alpha are probably going to be the most right-leaning generation in post-WWII America since the Silent Generation.

The Millennials are more or less a lost cause and despite their massive numbers, I think they've proven themselves to be mostly a non-starter generation, especially the Late Millennials and the latter half of the Core Millennials.

The Early Millennials might end up fully supplanting the Boomers by piggybacking off of Generation X, especially if they do go through an SJW version of "Hippie to Yuppie".

IF Woke Leftism really does crash and burn post-2020, then I think the oldest of the Millennials alongside the bulk of the Core Zoomers will trend moderate and centrist.

The second half of the Millennial generation are more or less a lost cause and a failed generation overall, and the Early Zoomers would probably have a 50/50 shot of actually going rightward in this best-case scenario of SJW Woke Leftism suffering the same fate the old Religious Right did.

Foghot

Heir of the Sunrising STD
kiwifarms.net
Your question contains the answer.
Gen Z edgelordism in social media so far has been mostly LARPing for shits n giggles, that's only me but I barely consider it sincere.

I'f anything, as someone who's pretty social and hangs out with lots of pepole of this generation for multiple reasons (and is part of it), so far it's been overwhelmingly apolitical even when discussions somehow lead to politics.

Then again, there's hints that they purposefully dodge such discussions, possibly because they're kind of tired of our current political state.

(And also i've left burgerland for a good while now, so again, i don't know how it's been going so far in reality out there)

Pointless Pedant

Waiting in queue for 2b2t
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think, when talking about "endgame targets", we are talking about those who will be targeted when total ideological control of a given sector is nigh. In totalitarian states (which are not merely authoritarian, but, per the name, attempt to control nearly every aspect of the people and the culture), it is not enough to eliminate points of view that are contradictory to the Party, but any point of view that is not the Party line.
We see totalitarian governments, when coming into full power, first using their power to eliminate dissident voices, and then using it to purge the aligned factions that supported their rise to power for being sufficiently like the State ideology to pose a potential threat. For the USSR, this was the Stalin-Trotsky split. For China, Chiang Kai-Sheck and Mao. For Nazi Germany, the purge of the Strasserists.
For America's current strain of identitarian politics, the aligned target will most likely be the more radical edge of egalitarianism.
A lot of these regimes have some kind of controlled opposition though. Putin suppressed Navalny but left idiots like Zhirinovsky and the communist party around because they're not a serious threat to his power. East Germany had some nominal opposition too. Rogan may be dissident enough to fall outside this category but given he broadly seems to be a progressive it's not certain. People like Carlson on the other hand are definitely targets.

Twinkletard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've got this personal theory that generations 'overlap' with one another. I'm late gen x, so I was a late 80s kid. I'm clearly not a millennial, because I moved out of my parent's house and was self sufficient more or less at 18. However, I did have to deal with the beginning of the college debt millennials had to face, though not so crippling. I also identify with millennials culturally to a greater extent than older gen x'ers. I like anime and manga. I also like video games. These were things that became popular with late gen x'ers, not so much earlier ones. Also, the web became a thing when I was 16, when netscape came out.

I see early gen z kids and late millennials have a lot in common, like insufferable opinions and edgy behavior just to get attention. It has a lot to do with them being young and shit like social media has warped their brains, so it'll be interesting to see how they turn out when they hit their late thirties/forties. Usually, if you don't have your life squared away by then, you're a goner. That means having a family, a home that you're buying as opposed to renting, and saving up for old age when you can't work anymore. If they're still acting edgy and being attention-seeking by then, there's going to be a real crisis with their generation.

I have a lot of hope in my heart that the gen z kids break out of this, but they receive so much neo-leftist propaganda right now in every direction, I'm not certain.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't say I've heard anything much about that and Wikipedia's standards for notability are pretty low, but we'll see.

Reactions: Fevur

66andtwothirds

kiwifarms.net
i have no clue where either the "gen z are all gay" or "gen z are alt right edgelords" misconceptions come from. being (powerlevel) early zoomer, at uni most ppl were at best apolitical/too lazy to read the news and the rest had a political knowledge that boiled down to " i don't like trump because something something racism something something russiagate, and trannies are fine but as long as i don't share a bathroom with them". most of them simply are tuned out to the world and would rather watch netflix.

Senior Lexmechanic

See you in a couple months, maybe.
kiwifarms.net
What does "more radical edge of egalitarianism" mean here? I'm not clear on who will be trying to purge who.
I mean ideologies that embrace the trappings of liberal thought but extend the idea of equality to equality of outcome instead of equality of opportunity. I'm not sure this cluster of thought has a specific name, but it was the proto-SJW attitude, before SJWs became fully devoted to identitarianism and supremacist ideology.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i have no clue where either the "gen z are all gay" or "gen z are alt right edgelords" misconceptions come from. being (powerlevel) early zoomer, at uni most ppl were at best apolitical/too lazy to read the news and the rest had a political knowledge that boiled down to " i don't like trump because something something racism something something russiagate, and trannies are fine but as long as i don't share a bathroom with them". most of them simply are tuned out to the world and would rather watch netflix.
This is my perception too, that most are apolitical or fairly ignorant liberals, not frothing at the mouth fanatics. Since I'm thinking of Britain though politics is generally far less angry here outside of Twitter trannies and communists screaming about how Brexit will make the sky fall down.

Trannies are rare enough that they're mostly not really talked about at all. I've seen a few in public but probably only single digits in my life.

Senior Lexmechanic

See you in a couple months, maybe.
kiwifarms.net
This is my perception too, that most are apolitical or fairly ignorant liberals, not frothing at the mouth fanatics. Since I'm thinking of Britain though politics is generally far less angry here outside of Twitter trannies and communists screaming about how Brexit will make the sky fall down.

Trannies are rare enough that they're mostly not really talked about at all. I've seen a few in public but probably only single digits in my life.
Same here, and I spent several years living in "The Portland of the South" and the "Cesspool of Sin", Asheville NC. It's impossible to not meet at least one tranny living there, but the one's I've met are way more chill than the Twitter Retards this site covers.
The worst people you can meet are the screaming white Trustafarians who throw fits about the minorities they practically worship not being 100% woke and unproblematic. Like when one of my Cherokee friends responded to some random black tourist shouting "Hey there, injun!" at him with "Hey there, nigger!"

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same here, and I spent several years living in "The Portland of the South" and the "Cesspool of Sin", Asheville NC. It's impossible to not meet at least one tranny living there, but the one's I've met are way more chill than the Twitter Retards this site covers.
The worst people you can meet are the screaming white Trustafarians who throw fits about the minorities they practically worship not being 100% woke and unproblematic. Like when one of my Cherokee friends responded to some random black tourist shouting "Hey there, injun!" at him with "Hey there, nigger!"
I've never really "met" a tranny per se, just seen them. I once recall waiting at a traffic light next to a middle aged freak in a leather skirt and tights and chuckling quietly at the absurdity of it. Another time I saw a ridiculous pink-haired freak while working restocking in a supermarket in the evening. I have no idea what their personalities were like though, just that they don't "pass" as women at all.

My town is very moderate though, currently having a Liberal Democrat MP (a very bland centrist party). The loony-left here all votes Labour, who haven't won in my area since the 2000s when they were a lot more moderate than they are now.

Reactions: Fevur

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net

Most trannies are probably pretty decent people who unfortunately are dwarfed by an autistically screeching vocal minority on social media. The real problem is the troons and NB/Otherkin

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most trannies are probably pretty decent people who unfortunately are dwarfed by an autistically screeching vocal minority on social media. The real problem is the troons and NB/Otherkin
Are troons a specific type of trannies? I thought it was just another word for them.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Troons are AGP autists who resent women and decided to make their ideal female in a sense while most trannies are really just gay guys who want to look pretty.
How does ContraPoints fit into this? He's an obnoxious progressive activist but he tries to make an effort to appear female.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
How does ContraPoints fit into this? He's an obnoxious progressive activist but he tries to make an effort to appear female.
I'm pretty sure contrapoints might count as a troon to some degree. The key to a troon isn't so much how well they pass (though that's an indicator) but why they did it. A troon is someone who transitions because they were typically a straight Male who were rejected by the normal masculine order while most trannies are gay men who nonetheless imitate women because they like the guys who are into it.
Basically, one is a coping mechanism and the other is a mating strategy.

• Informative
Reactions: Tismguide
Tags
None