Why are good things rare and fleeting and bad things are permanent? -

Hot Cup of Joe

kiwifarms.net
Not a doom post. More a mulling-over of some of the products I've enjoyed in my lifetime that are either discontinued, replaced with a shitter version, or in the case of media; ruined by people who have no interest in the original content.

Autism Supreme

kiwifarms.net
Because you are into the wrong shit man. Get into rock carving, preferably by hands.
Life is fleeting but menhirs are forever
visite_menhirs_carnaccsimonbourcier.jpg

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
Few things:

1. Things can end.
Just because something ended doesn't mean that it's now gone, it's still here and you can enjoy it as many times as you want.
2. You don't have to respect canon.
Just because Disney says that the Sequels are canon doesn't mean that they are, you decide what's canon for you.
3. There are good original IPs being made all the time.
Plenty of stuff is out there, you just need to look for it.
A lot of the smaller productions don't have the massive advertising budgets so you won't just know about it from a pop up ad or whatever.
What you need to do is go:
"What do I want to watch now? How about a sci-fi movie from 2017. Let me look those up." and then you do just that.
4. There are things being made outside of Hollywood.
Hollywood is only 12% of the worldwide movie industry.
Try looking towards the other 88% once in a while, you might like the many different perspectives unseen in Hollywood.

Blue Screen of Death

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's hard for me to imagine. Does the whole world collapse into a new bronze age in your projected future?
It's a nostalgia thing, not so much an objective viewpoint. The kids of today will look back on these days and be like "WOW! That stuff was way better than the new stuff today!" because humans have selective memory and ignore the bad shit.

Sea Urchin

Probably not drunk right now.
kiwifarms.net
Because things have been on a constant downward spiral for multiple decades, if not centuries, interspersed with the occasional improvement. Technologically we are improving, while simultaneously declining socially. The symptoms of that are post-modernism and its consequences, which only accelerate the decline.

This social decline is why media is mostly getting shittier, because in order to make meaningful & engaging art that will stand the test of time, it requires someone to understand core ideas/universal truths/concepts about the human condition. And those are slowly being eroded to a point where people (overall) have no true concept of things such as respect, honor, community, friendship, love, progress, etc. but only a perversion of such.

The people, at any point in this process, will perceive the past relative to them as better, because in some ways it objectively was. The same way we look back on those that came before us, so will the next generation look back on us.

TL;DR: Things haven't been good for a while, but are definitely better today than they will be tomorrow. Nostalgia is a symptom of a declining society. And yes, we live in it.

Hot Cup of Joe

kiwifarms.net
Few things:

1. Things can end.
Just because something ended doesn't mean that it's now gone, it's still here and you can enjoy it as many times as you want.
2. You don't have to respect canon.
Just because Disney says that the Sequels are canon doesn't mean that they are, you decide what's canon for you.
3. There are good original IPs being made all the time.
Plenty of stuff is out there, you just need to look for it.
A lot of the smaller productions don't have the massive advertising budgets so you won't just know about it from a pop up ad or whatever.
What you need to do is go:
"What do I want to watch now? How about a sci-fi movie from 2017. Let me look those up." and then you do just that.
4. There are things being made outside of Hollywood.
Hollywood is only 12% of the worldwide movie industry.
Try looking towards the other 88% once in a while, you might like the many different perspectives unseen in Hollywood.
Maybe it's my poor explanation but you're focusing on the movie side of things a bit too much. There are drinks or foodstuffs that no longer exist that I used to enjoy.
you are a fool if you haven't yet realized that good things get dull and boring if they last too long.
Not a fool, just an autist. If it's good, it doesn't get boring. I haven't done anything that I enjoyed and got bored of.
It's a nostalgia thing, not so much an objective viewpoint. The kids of today will look back on these days and be like "WOW! That stuff was way better than the new stuff today!" because humans have selective memory and ignore the bad shit.
I'm aware of that, this isn't it. I don't use a smart phone, even though i own one, I prefer being disconnected, not more connect, which is becoming harder and harder to do. Humility doesn't exist, communication is dying and there seems to be no love for improvement. Success is frowned upon more than I've ever known.

Nostalgia and rose tinted glasses play a part in all of this, for sure, but I'm aware of it and remind myself of a greek philosopher (iirc) who wrote about how the kids of 'today' were crass, uneducated, troublesome and disrespectful. I think it was aristotle, but i'm not sure
Because you chase after fleeting passions and then get disappointed when the consequences rear their ugly head up your ass
I;m a very simple man in almost every way. I prefer the basics of man and nature over materialism and possessions. It just seems that sometimes you find a little thing that is alright, and it lasts weeks or months before it is removed or changed.