Why are millennials marrying later and fucking less? -

CumDumpster

camedei707, Evil Overlord of Xedo
kiwifarms.net
It's less irresponsible and more complacency. When you have an irresponsible government people are supposed to over throw it or replace those in power. The problem is we have been led into a "Hippy style" belief that if we just vote the losers who are irresponsible out of power the new guy will be more responsible, and this whole idea that the legal system is just supposed to work and most aren't even educated in understanding their own rights these days. (How do you think people fall for the FBI/IRS-phone scams?)

In either case, expanding government involvement or power is the last thing you wan to do, because expanding it just means you'll have more irresponsibility and insanity coming from the government.

Honestly, it's why I'd rather see all regulatory systems be revamped and rewritten and revised, to whittle down the complex system and shorten government's involvement. You can have welfare, incentives, and more, but they need to be reduced in how they are given out and earned or as I mentioned earlier, requirements for adoption per se should be made so that they don't exclude 99% of the population. (just as an example)

The real truth is though, the government isn't really an extension of the people anymore. Did you push for the ACA when it comes to medical systems? I know I didn't. Did you push for raising minimum wage in your area? I know I didn't and most people in my area didn't but we were over ridden by Chicago in this state.

It's part extension but it's not the entire concept of how the government operates. Though then again maybe you are right and we are all irresponsible since we have become complacent.
The issue is that America's simply corporatist and this nation has been broke since the great depression (I've seen people say that "we've been out of money since 1933"). California is mostly operating with cash from the paper tiger of the world and emergency funds (why do you think Jerry Brown enables fires to happen constantly and drags his feet on fighting them?).

Cishet Nerdscum

how do internet???
kiwifarms.net
i think people are a lot more selfish now compared to before and have less interest in having to take care of a kid. know lots of gen x'rs with the same attitude who had kids just to tell them how much they hate them cuz they ruined their life / free time and i guess it's better to just not have the kids instead of let the state take care of them

Bunny Tracks

Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I think that people are putting way too much stock into the whole "all women think all men are rapists" and "all men think all women are evil harpies ready to cry rape and sexual harassment is you so much as talk to them" thing. Average people are not like that, nor do they think like that. The vast majority of people are not out to get you, nor do they think you are out to get them.

I am not saying that there aren't awful people out there, nor am I downplaying the instances in which situations like that occur. What I am saying is that social media, high profile cases, and fear mongering has led to some men and women believing that every single member of the opposite sex is plotting to utterly destroy their lives. Something which in reality couldn't be further from the truth.

tl;dr-Kyle isn't going to rape you and Hannah isn't going to scream sexual harassment just because you talked to her. Get off the internet, calm down, and go outside.

Here's some actual reasons behind this issue:
  1. Economical. Jobs are scarce, the minimum wage hasn't kept up with inflation, the cost of living has skyrocketed, everyone's in debt, and there aren't enough homes. Marriage and children are extremely expensive. People are less likely to get hitched and start a family when they can barely scrap by as it is.
  2. Birth Control. Back in the day before the pill, people boned and kids were just a by-product. Now with all the shots, patches, pills, condoms, and implants, there's of course going to be less kids.
  3. Cultural. For the most part, women used to not be able to get life long careers and if they did, they were looked down upon. Being unmarried was also seen as a severe social stigma. Men who didn't marry were considered outcasts and often suspected as being gay. Now that all of these things are no longer an issue, marriage is not seen as a requirement to fit in society. If a woman wants a career instead of a kid, let her. It's her life, not yours. If man isn't married and has no desire to, that's fine. It's none of your business.
  4. Divorce Rates. Divorce rates have shot up dramatically over the last few decades. Most millennials have seen their parents go through rough divorces and don't want to go through it themselves.
Babies are a huge responsibility (mentally, phisically and financially), but people have to stop acting like a kid is going to be the thing that ends their dreams. Sure, they're certainly not for everyone and I understand if you just don't want em'. Fine, you do you. But Millennials need to understand that a having a child is not something to be afraid of or dread conceiving.
For me personally, it's not because I fear having a child would ruin my life or end my dreams. My fear is that I would be a bad parent. Without too much detail, I must admit that I did not have a very good childhood. I don't know how to properly raise a child. I fear that I would either repeat what I experienced, or would be trying to live vicariously through my child and end up coddling and spoiling them.

Last edited:

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
This really can't be said enough. Half the posts in this thread are "the internet has made everyone autistic! I knew gamergate was behind this!", like jesus christ we make fun of twitter troons for this kind of behavior, it's embarrassing we're starting to emit it too.
especially since nobody who participated in gamergate was gonna have kids anyway

Rogue Boob

nobody's waifu
kiwifarms.net
I have my own reasons, but I'm a late-model Gen X so I don't count lol.

My two cents though... five hundred new genders, a shitload of sexual preferences, poly bullshit, and popular-illness-of-the-year have doomed a lot of the millennials I know. Not to mention "I identify as" instead of "I am" sounds to me like an inability to commit.

scorptatious

It only gets worse from here on in...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This really can't be said enough. Half the posts in this thread are "the internet has made everyone autistic! I knew gamergate was behind this!", like jesus christ we make fun of twitter troons for this kind of behavior, it's embarrassing we're starting to emit it too.
"Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

CumDumpster

camedei707, Evil Overlord of Xedo
kiwifarms.net
I have my own reasons, but I'm a late-model Gen X so I don't count lol.

My two cents though... five hundred new genders, a shitload of sexual preferences, poly bullshit, and popular-illness-of-the-year have doomed a lot of the millennials I know. Not to mention "I identify as" instead of "I am" sounds to me like an inability to commit.
I'm a late-model Gen-X so I don't count lol.
YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
Rememeber that the people of the X Generation were birthed on messages like this.
And people today claim that Millennials on Birdsite are self-centred twits.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Apoth42

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I think that people are putting way too much stock into the whole "all women think all men are rapists" and "all men think all women are evil harpies ready to cry rape and sexual harassment is you so much as talk to them" thing. Average people are not like that, nor do they think like that. The vast majority of people are not out to get you, nor do they think you are out to get them.

I am not saying that there aren't awful people out there, nor am I downplaying the instances in which situations like that occur. What I am saying is that social media, high profile cases, and fear mongering has led to some men and women believing that every single member of the opposite sex is plotting to utterly destroy their lives. Something which in reality couldn't be further from the truth.

tl;dr-Kyle isn't going to rape you and Hannah isn't going to scream sexual harassment just because you talked to her. Get off the internet, calm down, and go outside.

Here's some actual reasons behind this issue:
  1. Economical. Jobs are scarce, the minimum wage hasn't kept up with inflation, the cost of living has skyrocketed, everyone's in debt, and there aren't enough homes. Marriage and children are extremely expensive. People are less likely to get hitched and start a family when they can barely scrap by as it is.
  2. Birth Control. Back in the day before the pill, people boned and kids were just a by-product. Now with all the shots, patches, pills, condoms, and implants, there's of course going to be less kids.
  3. Cultural. For the most part, women used to not be able to get life long careers and if they did, they were looked down upon. Being unmarried was also seen as a severe social stigma. Men who didn't marry were considered outcasts and often suspected as being gay. Now that all of these things are no longer an issue, marriage is not seen as a requirement to fit in society. If a woman wants a career instead of a kid, let her. It's her life, not yours. If man isn't married and has no desire to, that's fine. It's none of your business.
  4. Divorce Rates. Divorce rates have shot up dramatically over the last few decades. Most millennials have seen their parents go through rough divorces and don't want to go through it themselves.
For me personally, it's not because I fear having a child would ruin my life or end my dreams. My fear is that I would be a bad parent. Without too much detail, I must admit that I did not have a very good childhood. I don't know how to properly raise a child. I fear that I would either repeat what I experienced, or would be trying to live vicariously through my child and end up coddling and spoiling them.
If you are worried about being a bad parent odds are you will be a good parent. The only bad parents are the ones who dont care or care so much they want to be the kids friend rather them their parent.

Mewtwo_Rain

Drown in the cesspool of darkness
kiwifarms.net
It doesn't really matter what I individually thought of the ACA though, because I am not the people, WE are. It honestly sounds to me like you have a problem with the administrative apparatus conceptually and that you'd be happier if we dismantled the states and fed in favor of a more particularist government.

I can see how the tyranny of the demos might be a bother to you, but at the end of the day society is a tyranny. Its a tyranny we accept though because we're ultimately dependent on society to provide us everything in our lives just about. For all our talk of doing for ourselves i'd be amazed if you could show me one American where the majority of the things in their home(Including the home itself) were made by themselves. The tyranny of society is also preferable to dying of disease, animals, or extreme temperature exposure. So there's that too lol.
Not exactly what I'm getting at though. In my state for instance, the only reason my state is blue is only due to one city. It's why many in my state want that one city to become it's own official state. If most of the cities and areas were with that city (Chicago) I would agree we'd have to abide by the majority but this is a case of one particular city controlling every other area, which is a little bit abusrd and more than just simple "acceptable tyranny" if you want to call it that. You can still have state/fed government but it's got to be prevented from being abused, and corrupted or just overshadowed by one meager sector of a state, or people will sooner or later become less complacent and likely more violent.

The issue is that America's simply corporatist and this nation has been broke since the great depression (I've seen people say that "we've been out of money since 1933"). California is mostly operating with cash from the paper tiger of the world and emergency funds (why do you think Jerry Brown enables fires to happen constantly and drags his feet on fighting them?).
I agree, though it's mainly corporatist because we've allowed too much of a larger government where it's spiraling out of control. Which is merely my only point. There's a way to solve it and fix these issues but it requires responsibility from people overseeing the government, and good luck with that. Sadly. So the tyranny of society as mentioned a second ago has more become the tyranny of the irresponsible. Yikes.

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
Even bed bugs, of all things, have homo-sex.
:story: Bedbugs fuck by the delightfully named "traumatic insemination;" or, puncturing the victim randomly with a razor dick. This has the incidental benefit of the female rarely surviving to be mated again. As a response, female bed bugs disguise themselves as men, thus leading to the stated "homo-sex."

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
You can talk about economics, laws, immigration and tradition but lets be honest. This generation of young men grew up around whipped fathers and abusive/terrifying Boomer and GenX soccermoms and they're still traumatized.

Most men have historically pursued monogamy and sex after marriage or after beginning a relationship. A large chunk of that group is avoiding relationships and in turn avoiding sex because for them the two ideas are linked. Men are alienated from women so we see less of them pursuing relationships that result in sex as a result

Pickup culture is still around and the "accidents" from that create a few marriages and some men in that majority will find their "one" but this decline is set in stone and no policy can change that. Why? Because men are at odds with women. You'd have to run one hell of a propaganda campaign to change that because people don't have kids for money unless they're Gary Brown Sr and Shaniqua.

Look at the country of France in the 19th century. They empowered their women and the result was tumbling birth rates that made them weak in the face of Germany. French men married older or didn't marry at all but the country was urbanizing and sex was happening. The French government bribed people to have kids but the policies bore little fruit.

You can focus on the women but its the men that have to take initiative for anything to happen.

Incurable super STI/STDs will probably kill hookup culture. However, that is a minor issue. That kind of culture doesn't lead to pop growth because that isn't how most people are. Most people want stable relationships and monogamy and that is natural. Rapidly urbanizing cosmopolitan France was degenerate as hell and you could find sex anywhere but that isn't how you fix your demographics.

Voltaire

Frankenstein Gangster Communist Computer God
kiwifarms.net
Women started getting jobs so salaries got cut in half so people can't afford to settle down in their 20's or even their 30's anymore. Add to that the stress of trying to afford a place on a job that pays less then it would have in the past and you wind up with mindless NPC's who want to just watch Netflix and play PS4 moviegames or whatever. It's not that complicated.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Chichan and Apoth42

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
Women started getting jobs so salaries got cut in half so people can't afford to settle down in their 20's or even their 30's anymore. Add to that the stress of trying to afford a place on a job that pays less then it would have in the past and you wind up with mindless NPC's who want to just watch Netflix and play PS4 moviegames or whatever. It's not that complicated.
I sometimes wonder at turning child-rearing into a gov paid job for this reason actually.

Mewtwo_Rain

Drown in the cesspool of darkness
kiwifarms.net
You can talk about economics, laws, immigration and tradition but lets be honest. This generation of young men grew up around whipped fathers and abusive/terrifying Boomer and GenX soccermoms and they're still traumatized.

Most men have historically pursued monogamy and sex after marriage or after beginning a relationship. A large chunk of that group is avoiding relationships and in turn avoiding sex because for them the two ideas are linked. Men are alienated from women so we see less of them pursuing relationships that result in sex as a result

Pickup culture is still around and the "accidents" from that create a few marriages and some men in that majority will find their "one" but this decline is set in stone and no policy can change that. Why? Because men are at odds with women. You'd have to run one hell of a propaganda campaign to change that because people don't have kids for money unless they're Gary Brown Sr and Shaniqua.

Look at the country of France in the 19th century. They empowered their women and the result was tumbling birth rates that made them weak in the face of Germany. French men married older or didn't marry at all but the country was urbanizing and sex was happening. The French government bribed people to have kids but the policies bore little fruit.

You can focus on the women but its the men that have to take initiative for anything to happen.

Incurable super STI/STDs will probably kill hookup culture. However, that is a minor issue. That kind of culture doesn't lead to pop growth because that isn't how most people are. Most people want stable relationships and monogamy and that is natural. Rapidly urbanizing cosmopolitan France was degenerate as hell and you could find sex anywhere but that isn't how you fix your demographics.

Honestly, I'd argue it's even worse than that. More and more men are growing up in single parent (single mother) households, with large amounts of abuse

I do find though, men are only kept at bay from taking the initiatve in current circumstances due to government. Which has created the issue where men dare to tread and fix the issue outright, which is creating a vicious circle, of not merely a hook up culture but a population decline. (not only of a population but a culture, and civilization in a sense) It's the only reason when arguing these stances I disagree with focusing on the men, unless the solution is dismantling the government in the first place (by "initiative") otherwise you'll just lead to a loop repeating and not solving that loop and what's come from it. In my personal opinion.

I sometimes wonder at turning child-rearing into a gov paid job for this reason actually.

As silly and autistic as it might sound, that's one of the far better solutions I've seen or heard proposed.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Bunny Tracks

Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I'd argue it's even worse than that. More and more men are growing up in single parent (single mother) households, with large amounts of abuse
If that's the case, then we also have to admit that there's generation of young women who dealt with the same thing. They would also be traumatized. In addition, I feel like it's worth mentioning that most women don't become single mothers by choice. Usually either divorce happens, or the father just skips town. If we're going down this route, we would also have to acknowledge that there's a generation of young people whose fathers either didn't play a huge role in their lives, or were just entirely absent. This, along with what you two have stated, would cause trust issues on both sides.

Look, when it comes to a topic like this, you really can't boil it down to one issue as being the sole catalyst. We can point the finger at society, economics, feminism, technological and/or medical advancements as being the only reason, but when it comes down to it it's a combination of these factors.

If I had to sum it up, it's that, well, times have changed. The world has socially and technologically progressed more in the two centuries then it has in the last two thousand years. It's honestly kind of scary. What we have accept is that these changes, barring a huge catastrophic event, are here to stay. The old ways aren't coming back, and nor should they.

Modern life, for all its, many, many faults, is still a hell of a lot better than yesteryear's.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Usually either divorce happens.
Leaving your man because you got bored or wanted money is still a choice.

Modern life, for all its, many, many faults, is still a hell of a lot better than yesteryear's.
Being pro-family shouldn't be a reactionary position and it really doesn't have to be. The traditional system had some merit and the new ways have some benefits.

Look, when it comes to a topic like this, you really can't boil it down to one issue as being the sole catalyst. We can point the finger at society, economics, feminism, technological and/or medical advancements as being the only reason, but when it comes down to it it's a combination of these factors.
No, we can predict this trend by looking at countries and we've seen this trend happen over millenia. History is all about the particulars and those matter but human nature doesn't change.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sinners Sandwich
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino