Why are modern political cartoons and cartoonists generally so autistic? -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Iwasamwillbe

Wielder of the Death Note
kiwifarms.net
We all know of the wackiness of the world of Ben Garrison, yet not much thought is put on the zaniness of the works and beliefs of most other political cartoonists, such as Carlos Latuff, who draws stuff like this:

EChSoiXW4AAPPuI.jpeg

There are many political cartoonists like him, who most all (except for those like Ben Garrison and Stone Toss, who can be pretty clever sometimes) make political cartoons with the same set of attributes:

• Preachy
  • Unfunny
  • Inundated with laughable ignorance of what is really happening in politics (which compounds the unfunny nature)
  • Art style is just ugly to look at

They've always been heavy-handed and preachy. The term cartoon itself is satirical, on one hand mocking the self-importance of the subject and on the other simplifying the classical painting symbolism. A cartoon was originally a rough-draft or sketch for a finished product.

It was funny the first few times from novelty, but the joke has been lost and has turned onto the cartoonists.

Marco Fucko

Did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
The thing that's always bothered me about political cartoons is that part of their heritage is in church illustrations, meant to convey to illiterate peasants what the fuck was going on. I guess my beef here is that they feel the need to label everything even though they usually draw something pretty plainly and in a cartoony, abstract fashion that just about any dolt could get. Take this "defaced" Garrison cartoon: It's a clear statement on the sameness of a two party structure and a very basic cynical statement on Democrats and Republicans working together as crony capitalist puppets to control and profit off of the common populace, but the cowboy hat wearing nigger killer still feels the need to label everything in case that wasn't clear just from the image.

fake garrison.jpg

SpergPatrol

You're a faggot Harry
kiwifarms.net
Well to be fair it has ALWAYS been like that if you look back on political cartoons.
It is not new and has been around for centuries we just see it now because social media just pushes it in our faces more.

Here I will even show you a political cartoons have always had this brand of autism since the 1800's because this strip dated from 1870 making fun of the formation of Canada using Uncle Sam and Britianna
1577942950795.png

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well to be fair it has ALWAYS been like that if you look back on political cartoons.
It is not new and has been around for centuries we just see it now because social media just pushes it in our faces more.

Here I will even show you a political cartoons have always had this brand of autism since the 1800's because this strip dated from 1870 making fun of the formation of Canada using Uncle Sam and Britianna
View attachment 1079025
Old political cartoons were epic.

Tags
None