Why are people who consume media pussies these days? - Weak minds breed weak people

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
kiwifarms.net
No that's wrong.
I don't know, Sam hyde, Dick masterson, and Ya boy Zack all got pretty fucked over when they tried to create their own thing. I mean I'm not even going to go into the political entertainers that have had their bank acounts revoked or are blacklisted by stripe. Now if you mean that it's morally wrong I'm with you.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Vice used to be tons of edgy jokes, photos of nude models and articles about cocaine. How that shit turned into what it is today is just unreal to me.
I remember a 2007 article that was a how to about how to score with a tranny at a party.

It was progressive for its day since the idea was having sex with a tranny was a lark worth having with no shame, but it was still presented in a gross out fashion and treated the whole thing as a joke, like "isn't the idea of a chick with a dick hilarious and sleazy?" and not the "stunning and brave" mentality of today.

I don’t know I think it’s a bit unfair to blame Mister Rogers for the “you are special” mentality. It was never meant to be aimed at adults and everyone twists the quote out of context all the time. I would say Barney is more appropriate to claim as Patient Zero.
You might be right, my point was it was less anything he himself directly did and more people taking his ideas and running with them in a way that eventually morphed them into something bad.

That can happen, someone can say one thing and people take the wrong message from it, through no real fault of the original speaker.

Lemmingwise

Adorable
kiwifarms.net
I cannot emphasize enough how damaging, idiotic and wrong Tabula Rasa is. Give me mad at the internet for this, but I want to take a lead pipe to any expert who preaches this dumb bullshit
They are always speechless when one shows them "parental effect" from the hjernevask documentary series.

Just watching that allows me to have what some people see as almost prognostication powers.

In it they interview academics from both side of the debate (nurture only vs. nurture&nature) and keep going backand forth and asking to comment on the other's interviews.

One of the studies brought up is a twin study that showed that your propensity to smoking or drinking is almost completely independant from your adoptive parents, and relies heavily (0.6-0.7) on your biological parents.

So when I heard from a nurse relative a story, I was able to predict the results. She told about another nurse having adopted the two children at birth from two different crack whores 30 years ago. I asked politely whether there were any problems growing up or early adulthood and that it probably didn't result as purely as she had intended.

Well the girl turned out okay, but the nurse and the daughter broke contact with the guy after he intentionally pushed both her and his adopted sister down the stairs and threatened to do it again if they didn't listen to him better and that he should be allowed to sell any of their appliances for drugs if he wanted.

The documentary is up on youtube with subtitles for the parts that aren't in english and recommended for anyone. It's made by a sociologist comedian and this gives it a kind of levity not typical for the topics it deals with.

Spoiler alert. In the end the tabula rasa side is triggered, speechless and say that their "nurture only" is a "theoretical" position only.

I think this kind of professional intellectual embarrassment is more constructive and more helpful than a lead pipe to the head, but don't let me stand in the way of your dreams.

Last edited:

heathercho

私の両手を奪ったのはあなたよっ !
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sad thing is, people have been conditioned by the media (both MSM and social sites like Facebook and twitter) that everything and everyone needs to conform to some kind of non-existent standard.
When large media companies bought up all the small media companies, then decided they were cultural/social/moral arbitrators, you had a big problem.

There can be as many new avenues for content production as people please, the unfortunate fact that is the rules have already been set, censorship is already rife and no new opinions are allowed to be expressed.
Everything is hate speech. Saying something contrary to popular opinion is "going to get someone killed".
Everyone is triggered. Everything is a microaggression. They're the "new normal" for media production.

If that's all people consume, of course they'll be exceptional individuals.

Then you have MSM which just outright lies. Constantly. As I said in the Wuhan/Media thread, editors were getting hard over the idea that this "crisis" is just what the media needed to reinstate eyes on screens, papers in hands. They wanted people to talk about it even when it had fuck all to do with it. Make people worried, prolong it for as long as possible.

Without going into too much boring detail, a major news association in Australia paid experts big sums of money to drum up fear about Corona Virus. They could have had a variety of experts, but they only wanted ones that were as sensationalist as possible. That didn't really work and the company got really pissed.
The story is that they sent a warning to the PM to step up his response to Corona or face unending media attacks from this company. They were set to put their top attack dog on the case to do never ending and constantly escalating fear reports on Corona and how the government was failing/getting people killed.
Next business day, he capitulated. What a coincidence.

That effects how media in general is consumed. People want real news to be exciting, constant, always an "event" happening. If it's not Trump-rage, it's this major story, or that major story. Always a constant level 10 event going on.
People are always in a heightened sense of outrage. That effects general "recreational" media we consume.
People want it to find something to be outraged about when viewing that. You'd better sanitise it so it's not going to outrage them or people will constantly complain about it.

That's why you have the shit you have today. Every BIG capeshit movie is a disaster movie, keeping the masses excited because isn't everything a disaster in this world? combined with just enough sanitisation that it is acceptable to most.
Though, as we've seen people keep getting more and more outraged, it keeps escalating and escalating, small things are found to be offended by, because that's how the MSM and "news" of the real world has trained people to be.
It's pretty fucking sad, honestly.

All this, whilst pushing the autistic beliefs of the minority.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Then you have MSM which just outright lies. Constantly. As I said in the Wuhan/Media thread, editors were getting hard over the idea that this "crisis" is just what the media needed to reinstate eyes on screens, papers in hands. They wanted people to talk about it even when it had fuck all to do with it. Make people worried, prolong it for as long as possible.

Without going into too much boring detail, a major news association in Australia paid experts big sums of money to drum up fear about Corona Virus. They could have had a variety of experts, but they only wanted ones that were as sensationalist as possible. That didn't really work and the company got really pissed.
The story is that they sent a warning to the PM to step up his response to Corona or face unending media attacks from this company. They were set to put their top attack dog on the case to do never ending and constantly escalating fear reports on Corona and how the government was failing/getting people killed.
Next business day, he capitulated. What a coincidence.

That effects how media in general is consumed. People want real news to be exciting, constant, always an "event" happening. If it's not Trump-rage, it's this major story, or that major story. Always a constant level 10 event going on.
People are always in a heightened sense of outrage. That effects general "recreational" media we consume.
People want it to find something to be outraged about when viewing that. You'd better sanitise it so it's not going to outrage them or people will constantly complain about it.

That's why you have the shit you have today. Every BIG capeshit movie is a disaster movie, keeping the masses excited because isn't everything a disaster in this world? combined with just enough sanitisation that it is acceptable to most.
Though, as we've seen people keep getting more and more outraged, it keeps escalating and escalating, small things are found to be offended by, because that's how the MSM and "news" of the real world has trained people to be.
It's pretty fucking sad, honestly.

All this, whilst pushing the autistic beliefs of the minority.
And I've also noticed that if the MSM is lacking, count on the tabloids and Facebook losers to pick up the slack. Half the time I'm wondering if they're all not in league with one another based on all the stories and copypastas out there.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: heathercho

ColdOnes

kiwifarms.net
The short answer is that people don't know how to properly deal with negativity. They want everything to be clean and spotless, which inadvertently becomes sterile. You can look at the "wholesomeness" movement as an example. The people who preach that will tell everyone to "stay positive" and "show good vibes", but will become aggressive when you confront them about stuff that they do not like. In reality, they are toxic on the inside and rather than finding ways to channel that toxicity to good use, they repress it and builds up, becoming ticking time bombs and turn to horrible human beings.

There's this idea that negativity = bad that pervades throughout social media (and society in general I guess). Negativity isn't inherently bad. You need it to be able to identify what is right or wrong and not be manipulated to performing actions that harms others. It's just that you need to balance it to ensure you don't become nihilistic.

heathercho

私の両手を奪ったのはあなたよっ !
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And I've also noticed that if the MSM is lacking, count on the tabloids and Facebook losers to pick up the slack. Half the time I'm wondering if they're all not in league with one another based on all the stories and copypastas out there there.
There's a story going round about a 12 year old girl who's deathly ill in hospital, somewhere in America (I forget where), with Corona Virus. I think CNN was the source, I remember her name was Emma or something. News.com.au ran with it today and it has been passed around on facebook.

Thing is, this nice sob story couldn't be confirmed by CNN (I think). They couldn't confirm there was an Emma or that she was a patient there. They couldn't confirm anything about the story and made it clear that they couldn't confirm it.
News.com.au ran with it regardless, because OMG A 12 YEAR OLD.

Whilst it's merely a side story to all this stuff, it's designed to drive interest in the main plot line, just like a movie.
They don't care if things aren't true or technically true or even close to true, just so long as it ramps up the interest to 11.

That's basically where the news/facebook/movie cycle is. They feed off one another, a news article is written, it's shared on FB, recreational media takes it on board. News wants to replicate that movie narrative style in how it creates its daily curation of news, facebook adds to it, media enforces that world view.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Just felt I should post this.

The whole "Women are the majority demographic for products" argument doesn't really work when it comes to entertainment like Movies and Video Games. The argument is "Women do all the shopping, so that means products need to cater to women". The MAJOR issue with this is the fact that women BUY those products FOR THEIR HUSBANDS or SONS (assuming it's a married husband and son with a wife family structure), so they won't buy something that appeals to them (the wife), and then their Husband or Son will reject it because the product that was bought for them, wasn't for them. It's a very faulty argument that seems to be all about instilling doubt or possibly concern shilling or whatever you wanna call it.

Also, I swear the majority of those who watched Captain Marvel and Birds of Prey were men...almost as if women aren't into those kinda movies as much as men are.
And even if you did aim those at women there is no excuse for crappy storytelling, Manga like Sailor Moon are aimed at women but have appeal to men (and tbh are a billion times more entertaining than the recent feminist crap Hollywood has shat out) and have remained endearing for a very very long time.

In short I think the issue is people thinking Twitter represents the majority of their audience, Colleges creating brainwashed morons who shriek loudly but don't truly enjoy it (they pretend to but they lose interest super quickly), and the companies having a HR department that doesn't understand how people work in general.

ZehnBoat

fromm
kiwifarms.net
And even if you did aim those at women there is no excuse for crappy storytelling, Manga like Sailor Moon are aimed at women but have appeal to men (and tbh are a billion times more entertaining than the recent feminist crap Hollywood has shat out) and have remained endearing for a very very long time.
all good media has peripheral demographics
if you make something purely for a single demographic, thus trying to put your media in a vacuum
it will suck

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I cannot emphasize enough how damaging, idiotic and wrong Tabula Rasa is.
It also plays right into the ‘everything is a social construct’ stuff that’s wrecking society right now.
Anyone who’s ever spent time around kids will know that they have their own personalities right off the start. That doesn’t mean environment isn’t important- it’s hugely important, but that environment acts on the material already there. Almost all behaviour and personality and probably many illnesses are a mix of environmental influences acting on genetic backgrounds.
Schizophrenia is a good example. There are probably multiple genes that give you a predisposition profile, and on top of that, the environment acts as well. So two kids with a high disposition, One raised in a supportive home, might be Ok, and one raised on a chaotic home with substance abuse probably won’t be.
Tabula rasa now goes into a wider social setting, as queer theory, where everything is a social construct, empirical reality means nothing, and words have no meaning as definitions. It’s eroding they fabric of society more than anything else i can think of right now.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
all good media has peripheral demographics
if you make something purely for a single demographic, thus trying to put your media in a vacuum
it will suck
I mean I have no problem with male centric entertainment having some appeal to women. Maybe not in an obvious way, perhaps maybe it has puzzles (which I think appeals to a lot of women but I may be wrong), or attractive male characters, or an interesting setting that can appeal to women?

ZehnBoat

fromm
kiwifarms.net
I mean I have no problem with male centric entertainment having some appeal to women. Maybe not in an obvious way, perhaps maybe it has puzzles (which I think appeals to a lot of women but I may be wrong), or attractive male characters, or an interesting setting that can appeal to women?
some women are just different enough they prefer things made for men
that's why anytime something is "FOR WOMEN ONLY STUPID MEN GET OUT"
you end up losing some women because they don't want to just be only "women"

vice versa is true
hell no matter how you cut it (age, race, etc.) people will like something not aimed to them and want to be more than just a single label

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
some women are just different enough they prefer things made for men
that's why anytime something is "FOR WOMEN ONLY STUPID MEN GET OUT"
you end up losing some women because they don't want to just be only "women"

vice versa is true
hell no matter how you cut it (age, race, etc.) people will like something not aimed to them and want to be more than just a single label
Which is why they should CHILL the fuck out and just get back to making entertainment anyone can enjoy.
Their version of feminism for these male centric franchises is just boring and lackluster in everyway, and not to mention passive aggressive as heck.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
This is nothing new considering the Christian outrage over Pokemon and/or Harry Potter, just with different shows and different outrage.
Well, I would say there is one new thing.

While the Christian outrage had zero effect on Harry Potter or any of the Japanese anime they targeted beyond some soccer moms not allowing their children to watch them, SJWs are changing pretty much every franchise ever. They are even resurrecting dead properties nobody asked back just to woke-ify them like Saved by the bell and Charlie's Angels.

In comparison, save for western media aimed at children bending the knee, everyone else pretty much gave the Christian outrage mob the middle finger: South Park, Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat, every 90's edgy comic ever, etc those thrived by rebelling against the moral outrage.

Last edited:

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
@Robert James
I agree. These days, it's easy for the socially liberal media and its assorted allies to "cancel" anyone who doesn't toe the line. If you're not "woke" or progressive enough, you'll get shut down.

@Pixy Misa
Good point. The social justice movement has relied on privatized totalitarianism. That's how I see it. They couldn't pull off a full-scale Cultural Revolution, so this is the next best thing. They don't want anyone have fun, question their dogma, or think outside the box. I still find it hilariously ironic how a group of people who pride themselves on supposedly being open minded is hostile to anyone who questions the validity of feminism, LGBT, and multiculturalism.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Tina is a great character.
Unlike most of the internet, I actually do like Tina from Bob's Burgers. And trust me on this much.... THAT. IS. An unpopular to have anywhere.

However, while I so believe we need more female characters who aren't afraid to express themselves in a way that means something like Tina mostly succeeds in doing (hence why I can't dislike her.), Louise is the real best character on that show. We DEFINITELY need more female characters who stand out like Louise does, not just that of Tina - both Tina and Louise, IMHO.

If only for one simple enough reason we're covering here in this thread: neither Tina nor Louise fit the criteria for being SJWBS, which is a GOOD thing. Just one more reason I love Bob's Burgers so much, despite my concerns about it going on for too long like most animated US sitcoms tend to unfortunately do.

Tags
None