Why Are Republicans Considered Racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pink Panther

The Nigga Panther
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder this. Both political parites have their MAJOR flaws (one more psychologically, one more politically), but the agenda from the Democrats and the left has always seemed to be that "Republicans are racist" and I ask myself why when there's so much more evidence that supports the Democrats being the more racially biased party. From the fact that their party supported slavery, created the KKK, created Jim Crow laws, supported school segregation, as well as the common expression of identity politics today, these things have not really helped their case. So here's my question: what MAJOR racist things has the Republican party done? There are people with racial biases and racist mindsets in both parties, but I would like to be enlighted with any MAJOR decisions. Creations. Stuff like that. I would also ask WHY are they considered racist? These two questions go hand and hand. I want proof and I want answers.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
"I know he's not a pigfucker, but I want to hear the sonofabitch deny it."

Because in [the current year], racism is the secular sin against the holy spirit, and the Democrats, the media, and academia (note that the Venn diagram of those three groups is basically a circle) are willing and able to accuse their political opponents (and anyone else they find inconvenient) of being a racist, in addition to homophobe, rapist, etc, etc, etc. It's simply a consequence of there being no consequence for their libels, due to the willingness of the media to carry water for them.

"No bad tactics, just bad targets."

Cato

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably because a lot of them are legitimately racist.

Granted so are a lot of Democrats, but with Republicans it generally tends to manifest in a more overt way, while with Democrats it's the soft bigotry of low expectations (e.g. affirmative action, special sentencing considerations for various flavors of minority offenders, etc, which are reflective of a paternalistic attitude and implication that said minorities are less capable of being autonomous moral agents and therefore less responsible for their own decisions and actions than white people).

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
what MAJOR racist things has the Republican party done? There are people with racial biases and racist mindsets in both parties, but I would like to be enlighted with any MAJOR decisions. Creations. Stuff like that. I would also ask WHY are they considered racist?

You have got things backward.

Political parties do not accuse the others for what they are, but what they seem to be. And the goal was to uproot the control and influence of the original ruling class. Trotsky started using this against "slavophiles" at every opportunity and across the world leftist realized its potential. Immigrants across the west vote left, which makes it an alliance and another way to grow votes; just get more immigration.

Of course, you need a powerful rhetorical weapon to convince a host population to transform the country demographically. The point isn't politically to repair race relations, it's to neuter the opposition. They run the risk of alienating the public if they're too coarse about it, and they run the risk of losing their teeth if they're too mild on the topic.

I'm not saying that the republican party isn't racist (nor that they are), only that being called racists by their opposition is mostly for political expedience.

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Democrats being the more racially biased party. From the fact that their party supported slavery, created the KKK, created Jim Crow laws, supported school segregation
A few decades ago the parties basically switched and the democrats became the party dedicated to uplifting minorities and Lincoln's party became the racists. Everyone knows that.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
People on the right tend to be more dismissive of issues like police violence against black people and Islamophobia. By and large I don’t think republicans are racist, but stuff like that isn’t doing their image any favors.

Statistically, blacks aren't more likely to experience extreme levels of police violence, though.

(https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/p...-analysis-racial-differences-police-use-force)

And "islamophobia" isn't any more a thing than "caucasophobia", when there's demonstrably sects that are archeo-conservative literalists that believe that killing or enslaving non-adherents is not only acceptable, but a scriptural command.

The average Muslims isn't actually a Somali or an Arab (which are technically Caucasian, by ethnotype); the most common muslims are either Indonesian (Asiatic) or Pakistani (also technically Caucasian by ethnotype), and it's 100% reasonable to be concerned about the attitudes expressed by large numbers of muslims.

The Pink Panther

The Nigga Panther
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A few decades ago the parties basically switched and the democrats became the party dedicated to uplifting minorities and Lincoln's party became the racists. Everyone knows that.

No...not really actually. Everything stayed relatively the same...except Nixon converted the Southern Democrats into Republicans.

The average Muslims isn't actually a Somali or an Arab (which are technically Caucasian, by ethnotype); the most common muslims are either Indonesian (Asiatic) or Pakistani (also technically Caucasian by ethnotype), and it's 100% reasonable to be concerned about the attitudes expressed by large numbers of muslims.

But what about that side of the religious right that decides to use their religion as sort of a way to say "Now our God is better because...yada, yada, yada"?

Clop

kiwifarms.net
At the moment the Democrats's entire platform is based on righting wrongs done to middle- to higher-class of voters (while pretending smugly that their actions benefit the lower class in any way) and giving the government more power to make sure everything is fair, but exactly what kind of wrongs does a cushy society have today? Most of their biggest talking points can be easily debunked with the data gathered as per their own request. And giving the government more power for fairness' sake is definitely not a good idea.

So how does that make the Republicans some kind of major racist opponent? It doesn't. It just sounds like the logical thing to claim because Democrats are righting societal ills and you can't have gargantuan societal ills without some big evil to give voters a reason to vote. "They're genuinely evil and the world is a terrifying and deadly place full of racists and bigots, vote for us!"

The Western world is a fucking fluffy bunny land where every misfortune is magnified due to how rare it is now. That kind of shit messes with your tiger-fearing brain. Racist predators in every berry bush, man.

G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
Great thread guys. OP says...
I would also ask WHY are they considered racist? These two questions go hand and hand. I want proof and I want answers.

And the only guy who gives an external link for "proof" is dumb enough to give one refuting his point.
Statistically, blacks aren't more likely to experience extreme levels of police violence, though.

(https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/p...-analysis-racial-differences-police-use-force)
Lockin' 'er up, boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.