Why are so many deathfats women?

Rusty Crab

cowboy hats are crab hats
kiwifarms.net
I was just walking around today and I saw three female deathfats within a few hours. Had to be in the range of 5'5" and 300-400 pounds. It occurred to me then it's actually not terribly uncommon to see women that preposterously fat, but it's extraordinarily rare that I've ever seen men that big. I don't lurk in the Deathfats board much, but at a quick glance, almost all of them I see are women.

Why is this? Are women just more prone to eating disorders in general?

Solution
That doesn't explain it for me tbh. Most men these days work sedentary jobs as well and I don't see that trend going up for them at a comparable rate. You would think it would at least be proportional to the amount of men that do work hard labor jobs vs sitting jobs, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Since nobody seems to want to give you the actual answer, it's testosterone, which tends to aid weight loss. Estrogen makes you more likely to plump up because it tells your body you need to retain fat for producing babies and milk.

If you think I'm kidding go check out the troons -- and I mean the ones who have been on tiddy skittles for a long period of time -- most of them will have gained weight. A lot of them turn into...

contradiction of terns

I have no egrets
kiwifarms.net
That doesn't explain it for me tbh. Most men these days work sedentary jobs as well and I don't see that trend going up for them at a comparable rate. You would think it would at least be proportional to the amount of men that do work hard labor jobs vs sitting jobs, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Since nobody seems to want to give you the actual answer, it's testosterone, which tends to aid weight loss. Estrogen makes you more likely to plump up because it tells your body you need to retain fat for producing babies and milk.

If you think I'm kidding go check out the troons -- and I mean the ones who have been on tiddy skittles for a long period of time -- most of them will have gained weight. A lot of them turn into deathfats, or at least smallfats.

Jazz Jennings is a great example of this theory in action.

Conversely a lot of FtM troons lose weight and their titties shrivel up into tube socks because they inject T.

Edit: I lied. Apparently everyone waited for page 2 to start pointing at estrogen.

Last edited:
Solution

3MMA

kiwifarms.net
Estrogen promotes fat growth. (cushions babies, etc.)
Testosterone promotes lean muscle growth. That’s the basic version.

(Both sexes have “lots of hormones.”) Much else (itt) is speculation, but what those two hormones do, lays a firm groundwork for propensity to gain. You can get way more technical w/ all this, though it eventually boils down to the basics.
Eta: typos

Last edited:

Sea Urchin

>bullied electronically
kiwifarms.net
Or they just get a job that allows them to eat all day like Jack Scalfani.
Yeah, it's not black and white. Boogie is another case of a comfort eating male. I was just saying in general it's more of a woman thing, and that's only based on personal experience.

Also regarding shaming, it's not completely worthless. Knowing that being a fatty will make people laugh at you either openly or behind your back makes for some great motivation to lose weight. Obviously doesn't work if you have no shame to begin with, or are too much a failure to act and improve yourself. It's the whole reason this website exists, and no Deathfat lolcow can be shamed into losing weight. Shaming regular people can work though.

Ebony Way

kiwifarms.net
We all have bodies that want to hold on to fat to keep us alive but only one sex is genetically programmed to hold onto weight in order to make sure there is enough for two living beings there.

This goes beyond pregnancy, if you lose too much weight, say you are a professional marathon runner, your body will stop your periods. There is a massive biological imperative behind women retaining weight. In this day and age, we simply retain too much of it because too many food options are tantalising beyond what nature intended.

I'll also mention actual body fat percentages. A man who does body building looks totally shredded on the point of being disgusting when his total body fat percentage is 6%. A woman would be long dead by that point.

10-12% body fat is seen as sustainable for men if they want to look ripped.

For women, 15-17% is a fitness model look and you can see some ab definition, but these women might not be able to have their period. Periods are supposed to happen so if your body is not letting them happen it means you're still not at a healthy weight for all your organs to function.

20-22% on women is sustainable if you want to look ripped and be healthy.

We have literally got to have 10% more body fat than men to be healthy.

Women are also more likely than men to get things like lipedema, cellulite, etc, indicating that our bodies have a different way of trying to hold on to and distribute fat than men.

I don't think I really have an actual answer here, I'm just musing. We start off with a disadvantage when it comes to dropping weight. I mean obviously at a certain point those percentages don't matter if you're 40% body fat, that extra 10 per cent is clearly not your problem. But it's just very different.

And of course as mentioned above, height is a factor. There are simply less places for the same amount of food to go.

Better question, why are so many women deathfats?
See my post: shame. There isn't any of it. It's also why identifying as a furry exists, wearing capefag t-shirts is a thing, and identifying is a lettuce treesexual is a thing.

Take away shame, you get the west in Current Year.

Now give me another top hat, faggot.

Rusty Crab

kiwifarms.net
Fewer women work jobs that require strenuous physical labor.

Say what you will about ditchdigging but it keeps you in very good physical condition.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Low paying jobs for men tend to be highly physical. Low paying jobs for women tend to be sedentary.

Fit that with poor people generally making shitty life choices, like diet, and it all snaps into place.

Rusty Crab

kiwifarms.net
You can thank the women’s rights movement.
I blame a lot of stuff on that but I have a hard time believing this is one of them. You don't get that fat without something else seriously wrong with you. Your environment needs to be set up in such a way that nothing prevents you from getting there, but you yourself really have to be the driving force behind eating that horrifically much.

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
Well I've run across some deathfats where I could not determine the gender. They were so gigantic that only the most generic sauropod sized shirts and pants would fit them. A lot of them end up with special needs haircuts because raising a comb over their head with an arm that weighs more than a cartful of Thanksgiving turkeys will give them a heart attack.