Why are so many deathfats women?

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

Rusty Crab

cowboy hats are crab hats
kiwifarms.net
I was just walking around today and I saw three female deathfats within a few hours. Had to be in the range of 5'5" and 300-400 pounds. It occurred to me then it's actually not terribly uncommon to see women that preposterously fat, but it's extraordinarily rare that I've ever seen men that big. I don't lurk in the Deathfats board much, but at a quick glance, almost all of them I see are women.

Why is this? Are women just more prone to eating disorders in general?

Solution
That doesn't explain it for me tbh. Most men these days work sedentary jobs as well and I don't see that trend going up for them at a comparable rate. You would think it would at least be proportional to the amount of men that do work hard labor jobs vs sitting jobs, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Since nobody seems to want to give you the actual answer, it's testosterone, which tends to aid weight loss. Estrogen makes you more likely to plump up because it tells your body you need to retain fat for producing babies and milk.

If you think I'm kidding go check out the troons -- and I mean the ones who have been on tiddy skittles for a long period of time -- most of them will have gained weight. A lot of them turn into...

Leave_Fargut

Make sure he lives. He owes me some credits.
kiwifarms.net
It's a bunch of things, some more marginal than others
1. Due to estrogen, women have a naturally higher bodyfat percentage than men;
2. As a result, they have a marginally lower TDEE than given identical height and weight, making weight gain easier;
3. In general women are shorter than men, and so have a lower TDEE, but 5'2 soon-to-be whales have deluded themselves into thinking they should eat the same amount as 5'10 men;
4. The female social pressure for self-improvement has been eroding since the mid 2000s when the media threw a fit over the existence of size 0 and thin models inspiring kids to have bulimia or anorexia, so the needle moved to the far opposite direction where being huge is fine, beautiful, stunning and brave;
5. Modern day "sex symbols" tend to have enormous fake tits/asses sculpted by a surgeon, and women think that they can replicate this naturally by being chunky (see: thick/thicc memes) despite the aesthetics of fat deposition being a genetic lottery;
6. High-waisted jeans and yoga pants have come back into fashion, hiding guts and accentuating/compressing jiggly fat asses into slightly less horrific-looking shapes and allowing girls to think they're pulling off point 4; and
7. The imbalance of the sexual marketplace (if you want to use that model) means women can get superfat and still get laid, so there's no real imperative to get into shape -- especially when all the media outlets are telling you you're beautiful and fierce at any size, queen.

Last edited:

crucifiction009

⸸Generic⛧Edgelord⛧Supreme⸸
kiwifarms.net
Fat women seem to be holding out hope that some wonderful guy will sweep them off their cankles and think they're beautiful no matter how many rolls of fat flop out of their giant pants. Fat men, on the other hand, tend to notice women aren't attracted to their fatness and either get in shape to change that or resort to love-irrelevant methods of getting laid like hookers, gold diggers, desperate drug addicts, etc. Some of the more pathetic ones mate with blobs of equal or greater mass because they realize even though they're not very attracted to her that's the best their fat ass is going to get. That stuff about men's jobs tending to involve more physical labor as well as the social conditioning of men doing labor while women do housework are also factors, but I think if there's a disproportionate amount of female deathfats it's because fat women are idealists and fat men are realists.

BobbyBriggs69420

kiwifarms.net
A former fat (but like 250lbs not deathfat) guy here who's agreeing with most everything but there's one more to add, and it's been a soundbyte for haes types i think since that UK beach body billboard thing, "self-improvement is a right wing ideology"

Realizing that you got fat yourself, fix it yourself isn't going to be a thought that the blame someone, make them fix it crowd can digest. (in their rotund depths)

I went from 250 to 175 and it involved a whole lot of myfitnesspal logging, skipping out on treats/catering leftovers brought into the office (it's FREE! SHOVEL IT IN!), not standing in front of my pantry or fridge grazing and sampling, picking normal sized portions at thanksgiving and other AYCE-settings (it's FREE! SHOVEL IT IN!) , going to the gym, if it's not water/unsweet tea or diet pop it counts as food, putting 3-5000 miles on my bike in a year. Sounds like stuff anyone could do right? Except when you realize that no single one or ten treat-skippings or no single one or ten bike rides will make a difference on the scale. You've got to be able to see longterm and I have not known a good number of ladies thin, fat or otherwise who even think to put their car keys in the findable spot when they get home because "I'll need these <12 hrs from now"

Last edited:

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
It's a bunch of things, some more marginal than others
1. Due to estrogen, women have a naturally higher bodyfat percentage than men;
2. As a result, they have a marginally lower TDEE than given identical height and weight, making weight gain easier;
3. In general women are shorter than men, and so have a lower TDEE, but 5'2 soon-to-be whales have deluded themselves into thinking they should eat the same amount as 5'10 men;
4. The female social pressure for self-improvement has been eroding since the mid 2000s when the media threw a fit over the existence of size 0 and thin models inspiring kids to have bulimia or anorexia, so the needle moved to the far opposite direction where being huge is fine, beautiful, stunning and brave;
5. Modern day "sex symbols" tend to have enormous fake tits/asses sculpted by a surgeon, and women think that they can replicate this naturally by being chunky (see: thick/thicc memes) despite the aesthetics of fat deposition being a genetic lottery;
6. High-waisted jeans and yoga pants have come back into fashion, hiding guts and accentuating/compressing jiggly fat asses into slightly less horrific-looking shapes and allowing girls to think they're pulling off point 4; and
7. The imbalance of the sexual marketplace (if you want to use that model) means women can get superfat and still get laid, so there's no real imperative to get into shape -- especially when all the media outlets are telling you you're beautiful and fierce at any size, queen.
That "media fit" lasted so long that it was getting taught in 8th grade by 2011, though the focus was "It's not real, they're photoshopped and sculpted by surgeons so don't measure yourself against them" rather than "big is beautiful" at that point. I'd say that reinforces it quite strongly.

IsJoke

kiwifarms.net
I feel like men die easier from being fat, but I don't have stats to prove it.
So I read that estrogen has a somewhat heart protective effect. So in a woman's years of fertility she is less likely to have heart attacks/arrhythmia etc.

Heart issues crop up more when you are fat due to increased strain to pump the blood.

Men do not have the advantage of a heart protective effect so more heart attacks earlier

Crystal Coomer

wears sunglasses at night
kiwifarms.net
I think men who are fat are likely to accept their status as a fat person, cope, and therefore are more chill people. I also don't believe in the idea that a man's attractiveness is hindered by their weight. Women become unattractive sooner as their weights increase. Fat men go relatively unseen and fat women stand out.

Also notice that large men, tall or fat, have to visit boutiques or online-exclusive stores to get their clothing. Stronger materials designed for the inflated form of men. Women have plus size options in most clothing retailers these days and as a result you end up with women who want to wear what the skinny women wear and you see their fat flesh exploding out of every opening in the clothing as the threads hang on for dear life.

Ebony Way

kiwifarms.net
We all have bodies that want to hold on to fat to keep us alive but only one sex is genetically programmed to hold onto weight in order to make sure there is enough for two living beings there.

This goes beyond pregnancy, if you lose too much weight, say you are a professional marathon runner, your body will stop your periods. There is a massive biological imperative behind women retaining weight. In this day and age, we simply retain too much of it because too many food options are tantalising beyond what nature intended.

I'll also mention actual body fat percentages. A man who does body building looks totally shredded on the point of being disgusting when his total body fat percentage is 6%. A woman would be long dead by that point.

10-12% body fat is seen as sustainable for men if they want to look ripped.

For women, 15-17% is a fitness model look and you can see some ab definition, but these women might not be able to have their period. Periods are supposed to happen so if your body is not letting them happen it means you're still not at a healthy weight for all your organs to function.

20-22% on women is sustainable if you want to look ripped and be healthy.

We have literally got to have 10% more body fat than men to be healthy.

Women are also more likely than men to get things like lipedema, cellulite, etc, indicating that our bodies have a different way of trying to hold on to and distribute fat than men.

I don't think I really have an actual answer here, I'm just musing. We start off with a disadvantage when it comes to dropping weight. I mean obviously at a certain point those percentages don't matter if you're 40% body fat, that extra 10 per cent is clearly not your problem. But it's just very different.

And of course as mentioned above, height is a factor. There are simply less places for the same amount of food to go.

Jimmy Olsen

kiwifarms.net
Women are generally shorter than men and have lower TDEEs.

Women don't do very many manual labour jobs.

Women comfort eat more than men (at least from what I've seen).

It's more taboo to mention a woman's weight (Next time you see a fat woman, the proper course of action is to make whale noises at her until you get kicked out of the McDonald's. They might even give you a nice jacket and padded room if you really put up a fuss!)

Some women develop intense cravings around their menstrual cycle.

Like you said, women are more likely to develop eating disorders than men, which includes binge eating and bulimia (most bulimics are slightly overweight).