Why can't white people eat spicy food? -

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
It's not been in their diet for as long as the Middle Easterners, South Americans, Asians and Africans. It was expensive to have in Europe and most of Western Europe never had groups like the Moors in Spain to impact their diets/eating habits. It explains why Spainish food is a little bit more liberal in their use of chilli and spices in general.

Most people have shit/simple diets and poor taste in food like DSP or CookingWithJack, adjusted to the staple cuisine of their country, so anything that isn't their usual food (ie, spiciness of other nations) doesn't sit well, they like their steaks, burgers or pie and mash, maybe the odd pizza, and don't deviate. Those who immigrate tend to adjust their food to the host nations tastes because authentic ingredients are expensive and most don't eat things with a certain level of spice. It does seem to be changing slightly, but it's taking its time.

Getting Asians to eat different types of cheese though, that's going to be a harder task imo.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
I have family that guzzles habanero sauce, I just think spicy is gross and an uncomfortable sensation. It's not really a flavor.
I can tolerate spicy if the food tastes good, but I'll give you a hint: tex-mex does not taste very good spicy or not, and that's the vast majority of spicy that I've had to bear.

Anybody notice that as their family gets older their cooking gets blander? My mother has a fit if I use garlic around her. The only spice she puts in her cooking is a touch of paprika, and I have to fight to get my father to put oregano in any Italian food.

• Horrifying
Reactions: cowisnow

John Q Niggerfaggot

I was raped by Senior Detective John Michael
kiwifarms.net
It's just a matter of acclimation. I used to think jalapeno was hot, then lived in Bangkok for a year and now I make my own hot sauce with Reapers I grow myself.

Also, my observation is that in places where food is shittier and less hygenic, there's more heat. Capsaicin alone kills a decent amount of bacteria, so my guess is cultures with spicy foods necessarily evolved that way for health and because a shitty cut of organ meat is obscured by tasting like Krakatoa's asshole.

Peasant

kiwifarms.net
Personally I've never understood people who talk about getting the shits after eating spicy food, or even stuff like Taco Bell. I've never experienced it unless I got food poisoning, which is a separate issue entirely. My parents have told me about how I used to shove handfuls of salsa in my mouth as a wee baby, and I can remember the skin around my mouth going raw whenever we went to a Tex-Mex restaurant, so I guess my digestive tract has long since grown acclimated to it.

Recently I've really gotten into curry, and I have yet to taste one I don't like. I haven't tried British curry yet, but somehow I doubt I'm missing out on much.

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
Personally I've never understood people who talk about getting the shits after eating spicy food, or even stuff like Taco Bell. I've never experienced it unless I got food poisoning, which is a separate issue entirely. My parents have told me about how I used to shove handfuls of salsa in my mouth as a wee baby, and I can remember the skin around my mouth going raw whenever we went to a Tex-Mex restaurant, so I guess my digestive tract has long since grown acclimated to it.
i like to assume anyone who goes on about having the screaming shits after having taco bell (the most white of tex mex) can't digest anything spicier than rice cakes.
these people look at a dollar chocolate bar and go "woah, that's too rich for me"

• Winner
Reactions: Umaibae and totse

Next Door Normie

Tiny Normando
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why can’t wogs make stereotypical claims about white people that are actually true?

Like I would love to laugh along with this and say “haha yep that’s us white people we can’t eat spicy food for shit” but like... I chug hot sauce like water dude.

The reason that watermelon and chicken jokes are still funny is because although they aren’t absolute, they’re based in reality. I’m all for being an equal opportunist and laughing at myself alongside you but like... if you want to make a stereotype funny it has to at least have some truth to it first.
This thread is laughable because I have plenty of family from Louisiana, try eating that food them fuckers put spice in fucking everything

The reason they can't get a good stereotype is:
we have been kicking every other races ass for centuries and they can't decide which narrative to continue with (I work in a place where I am the only white guy so race is something we talk about almost constantly) the two major views of whites are:

1) dorky, ham fisted white people who can't dance, cringe at foreign foods, butcher other languages words, whimps and cowards scared to live life etc etc

Or

2) the grand white oppressor, we are like a race of illuminati aliens that have come to this planet and infected it with our strange devil magic like a functioning economy or judicial system

The stereotypes I hear on the regular are laughable, like we smell like wet dogs, or we all have hair lice, or that we can't dance.

I believe the problem mainly stems from people compiling many cultures of lighter skin people under one big umbrella of "whiteness" I legitimately had to explain to one of my coworkers the difference between an Irish and Italian person... To him "He white" is the only thing he could understand. My family left Germany during world war 2 because their house was destroyed but still every Thanksgiving all the Smokes at work have to tell me that I slaughtered the Indians ... And once I'm through explaining how "the Indians" hadnt even discovered the wheel yet and naturally a more developed people coming across tards who are just figuring out agriculture usually doesn't end well for the tards. Explaining my family wasn't even here during the colonization it always comes back to "naw you white"

TLDR why can't they find a fitting stereotype, well because most other races (despite thinking they do) understand white people very little

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
The reason they can't get a good stereotype is:
most white american stereotypes come from the leave it to beaver white suburban nuclear family shit

it's like thinking all blacks have fros and say "dig it" while living in new york

it's funny enough when nonwhites think this shit is true when they live in white land
but i've encountered it a few times here, and it ain't that white here
you'd be hard pressed to find a white person that would only eat "white" food and avoid spice here

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have tried spicy food and found I didn't like it. Too hot, no taste that I liked. Extent of my spicy food is some medium salsa when my wife makes tacos.

Many people have problems eating spicy food. Tastes good to them but plays havoc in the stomach. When in Korea, chock-full of people who love spicy foods, noticed a lot of advertisements for stomach remedies. Have seen Koreans take hot green peppers and dip them in chili pepper paste/sauce. Whoa! And kimche...forget it.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
And kimche...forget it.
Plenty of kimchee is really mild. It's strong tasting, yes, but it need not be overly hot.

Having said that, I've long known my scale is corrupted for White People Standards. I can eat stuff and not even notice the heat that my parents would run screaming from. "It burns my lips! My mouth is on fire!" is not a reaction I expected the first time I fixed fucking butter chicken curry, when I came home from college, because I honestly don't even consider it spicy, it's just got spices in it, if you follow the difference.

But lest people think I'm bragging, I'm really not. I can tolerate stuff some people can't, but I make no claims I'm some heat-eating machine. I'm not. One of my best friends is an ABC woman of Sichuan extraction, and I'll freely admit the stuff she eats casually for lunch a lot of days terrifies the ever-living shit out of me. She's been growing her own Carolina Reapers, and she eats them in fucking everything it seems like.

She's been working on me, though - I eat things like Chinese hot oil or lao gan ma sauce with most meals these days.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Plenty of kimchee is really mild. It's strong tasting, yes, but it need not be overly hot.

Having said that, I've long known my scale is corrupted for White People Standards. I can eat stuff and not even notice the heat that my parents would run screaming from. "It burns my lips! My mouth is on fire!" is not a reaction I expected the first time I fixed fucking butter chicken curry, when I came home from college, because I honestly don't even consider it spicy, it's just got spices in it, if you follow the difference.

But lest people think I'm bragging, I'm really not. I can tolerate stuff some people can't, but I make no claims I'm some heat-eating machine. I'm not. One of my best friends is an ABC woman of Sichuan extraction, and I'll freely admit the stuff she eats casually for lunch a lot of days terrifies the ever-living shit out of me. She's been growing her own Carolina Reapers, and she eats them in fucking everything it seems like.

She's been working on me, though - I eat things like Chinese hot oil or lao gan ma sauce with most meals these days.
Yup, even tried a little water kimche. A bit of powerlevel: Spent 39 months in Korea, two tours. Lived downtown almost all that time. Wife is Korean.

Indeed, you can get every kind of kimche imaginable in Korea, and whatever you can't get, they'll make for you.

Some people have cast-iron stomachs, like you. Can eat most anything, no problem. I'm the other way around. Nothing spicy. Stomach very sensitive. What the hell, takes all kinds.

Reactions: ATaxingWoman

The Man With No Name

kiwifarms.net
Anything beyond medium spice just dilutes flavor too much to be worth the inconvenience of mouth and stomach pain. Spicy food is fun when you're college aged but at the end of the day, spending money on something that's inedible is exceptional.

Sidenote, while I don't do much spice anymore I'm a huge fucking horseradish and wasabi fan. Especially when the people who love spicy food give up easily with it because they're used to mouth-hurt, but can't handle their sinuses getting cleared.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Man, spicy food is great. As long as it actually has good flavor. Hot (spicy hot) stuff just for the sake of being hot suck ass since places throw fuckin' pepper extract in it just to say "oh, we've got the hottest chili this side of the Mason-Dixon line!" There's this little Thai place I go to that has a heat scale of 1-5. When I order, and they ask how hot I want it, I say "6," and the server looked down at my clearly pasty skin and ask if I'm sure. Yeah, after having a few big bites in a row gives me a little bit of mouth regret... But it tastes so good and the spice makes it better.

Reaper sauce is also really good. Makes a good pot of stew an absolute dream. Just... Sometimes I feel like my ass looks like a Japanese flag when there's the requisite output.

They give you the the "super mild hot sauce for white people" every time.

• Feels
Reactions: cowisnow

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Never understood the spice meme. I'll have it on occasion, and I'm pretty lightweight, but spice purely for the sake of just having spice on everything is plain stupid. As with everything, moderation is key. Found plenty of spice addicts who are highly intolerant of even the most basic foods.

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
Clearly, OP has never been to Hungary
View attachment 854757
This. When you get out of elementary school, you are supposed to eat things very spicy.

The amount of spicy that will cause indian restaurants to have their staff out gaping at you and what makes sweat roll down your forehead.

I have discovered habareno and it is honkey love story. One guy actually used my fucking pepper spray on his food. He did not manage to eat it all but he did manage to waste 10 usd equivalent of my money so I was pretty annoyed.

If you can not eat it spicy, you are less of a man. Same with booze.

But yeah this meme was made by english food. Pajeet and his delicious curry is not english.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
But yeah this meme was made by english food.
english food is disgusting... the bloodpudding is the only thing eatable from england.

I think the cultural differences are based on Potatoes. Northern and eastern european food is not realy hot. but it still uses alot of spices. hot just doesnt work well with potatoes.

BiggieSmall'sTaint

4 hour livestreams
kiwifarms.net
White people can eat spicy food.

Niggers just smother everything in 'muh hot sawss' because it's the closest thing to proper cooking you'll get in a home where the average meal is reheated McDonald's fries and scraps of KFC.
Even then the "hot" sauce is usually Tabasco or Frank's, both of which are about as hot as a bell pepper on an off day.

Death Grip

Tethered to the shore, we are...
kiwifarms.net
Last night five guys, I had the BBQ sauce the Jalapenos and the hot sauce plus every other topping on the menu. So I beg to differ.
Also have been known on occasion to eat pickled chillies and at Tapas bars I always order the Russian Roulette peppers.
So yeah, nope!

• TMI
Reactions: CWorm
Tags
None