Why do Democrats want to break the Social Contract?

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is something that has puzzled me for some time, especially since i have largely backed the Democratic party up until recently. Because recently they have begun to break the social contract. Explaining what I mean; the Social Contract is the series of written and unwritten rules that exist between the sovereign and the subjects. Or in the case of the United States, the Federal and State Governments and the citizens. The primary rules of such agreement is that the individual citizens surrender some of their property and freedoms in exchange for the Governments protection of the rest of their property, body, and natural rights. The contract exists solely between the Government and the Citizens. Not the people of other countries.

Both they and the Republicans have always had a very different idea what the social contract between the Government and the American People. It is simplistic to say the Republicans want to take less property and give more freedom vs the Democrats wants to take more property and less freedoms. Depending on the issue one or the other could be more extreme in the give and take. But the overall unifying point was that it was an interaction between them and the American people. The ENTIRE American people. Not the people of other countries, and certainly not a select portion of the country to the detriment of the other. Yet lately the Democratic party has chosen to break this social contract. They are now obsessed with the plight of Non-Americans, to the point that they demand the American sacrifice on their behalf to their own long term detriment. This is a very new development. Even Obama never went so far as to argue that we should have open borders for everyone. Quite the opposite in fact. This is a flagrant breach, as it not just ignores what the American people may want, but it also jeapordizes their security. Something any government must offer in order to have legitimacy with the governed.

But that is just a side show to what I feel is an even worse violation. Namely the writing off of almost 2/3rds of the country in favor of an inner city urban core and expat globalist elite that likes to vote in by absentee ballot. The Republicans like to bitch about urban voters, but they don't write them off and will usually show up to campaign even in places they are generally guaranteed to lose. The Democrats by comparison refuse to show up in many rural elections, and if they do its usually to preach some alien morality to the unwashed heathens that don't live in LA, San Francisco or New York. They don't come across as a political party that wants to govern these vast stretches of the country. Rather they seem to want to conquer them by imposition, and front load in the cities in the hopes they can pretend those evil right wingers don't exist at all. This also breaks the social contract as no matter the outcome of an election, the winner becomes the sovereign and must govern at the consent of the governed. Even if that consent extends as much to simply passively accepting the outcome of the election in the hopes of getting their guy in next time.

Which again is something Republicans do, but Democrats seem increasingly determined to not do. Especially when we take into account the shrieking about impeaching trump and punching Republican congressmen. My brain is melting trying to figure out why they are doing this and why they think its a winning long term strategy. Even if it does work out for them at the ballot box for some inexplicable reason, their elections will eventually have no legitimacy and that is recipe for a major disaster.

El Porko Fako

Significantly different from other men
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because they're a political party. Political parties constantly breech contracts, break promises, and manipulate people to run away with all the money. It's happened since the US was founded and will continue to happen long after we're all worm food. Contracts, written or unwritten, were meant to be broken, and if a political figure has enough power (ie money), you can bet your sweet ass he/she's going to break it.

It's not all bad though. This is only a problem with those dirty democratic lib cucks. The Republicans are the saintly party that has never done anything wrong or corrupt ever. Much like my bible, I religiously read A&H everyday and they've shown me the light.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because they're a political party. Political parties constantly breech contracts, break promises, and manipulate people to run away with all the money. It's happened since the US was founded and will continue to happen long after we're all worm food. Contracts, written or unwritten, were meant to be broken, and if a political figure has enough power (ie money), you can bet your sweet ass he/she's going to break it.

It's not all bad though. This is only a problem with those dirty democratic lib cucks. The Republicans are the saintly party that has never done anything wrong or corrupt ever. Much like my bible, I religiously read A&H everyday and they've shown me the light.

Yeah, thats not true. Political parties are as responsive as people allow them to be. If voters hold them to the fire its kind of hard for them to ignore the wishes of their constituency. The only way a political party would fail to respond to the electorate is if for some reason the electorate refused to engage with them.

Exigent Circumcisions

heads before beds
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because Fuck You, Dad!

The fact that they've always considered themselves the standard-bearers for democracy in a representative Republic tells you everything you need to know about their intelligence and commitment to American values. Aristotle pointed out the pitfalls of democracy thousands of years ago but you'd have to be intellectually curious enough to read his works to understand that.

ETA: Beyond the theoretical, democracy has been tried with universally disastrous consequences. The French Revolution is a good example.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because Fuck You, Dad!

The fact that they've always considered themselves the standard-bearers for democracy in a representative Republic tells you everything you need to know about their intelligence and commitment to American values. Aristotle pointed out the pitfalls of democracy thousands of years ago but you'd have to be intellectually curious enough to read his works to understand that.

ETA: Beyond the theoretical, democracy has been tried with universally disastrous consequences. The French Revolution is a good example.

Aristotle didn't like direct democracy. Not representative republics (which is what we are). As for what causes REPUBLICS to go wrong, its almost always through institutional corruption and the populations unwillingness to do anything about (or do too much). Machiavelli believed Republics can last at most 2-3 centuries before they devolved into some sort of authoritarianism or collapse. Which I believe is what you are getting at. It also ignores some major outliers like the Swiss Federation or the Icelandic Republic which have been representative republics for almost 1,000 years. There are also some German cities that have been Republics for just as long barring periods of external conquest and the formation of the German Empire.

So I don't buy the argument that was made by earlier 20th century Fascists and Monarchists that the experiment in Democractic republics is doomed. In fact World War 2 pretty decisively proved that the Republics have a great deal of ability at social cohesion and internal strength. The danger in Republican government is that the people become less concerned for the good of the State and more concerned with their own petty desires or the needs of other people exigent to the state.

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
Meh, the way I see it both parties take turns at being fucktarded every couple of decades.

The Republicans did it in the 50s* Red Scare hysteria *, The Democrats did it in the 70s * New Left and Hippie fucktardedness *, and the Republicans did it again in the 80s and early 00s. * Satanic Panic and the War on Terror spying *

It's just currently the Dems turn to be exceptional at the wheel again.

I'm both scared and interested to see how the Pubs are going to top our current SJW/Tranny fucktardedness in a decade or two.

The beauty of our two party system is it keeps both in check when one goes off the rails.

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
one could go into great detail to examine the details of their reasoning, but at the end of the day, this is the core motivation behind what they are doing - they hate white america, so they do everything in their power to inflict as much damage as they can to white americans. that's (mostly) all there is to it.

This reads like someone literally made a markov chain generator of right-wing boomer talking points.

crocodilian

K. K. K.an't Edit Posts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On a civilian level? Because people have been brainwashed into worshiping the "noble savages" from poorer nations, while endlessly reviling themselves & their ancestors as violent oppressors. Original sin, except it's racism this time.

On a greater level? Debt. If you take a cursory glance at the millennial generation, you'll notice the epidemic plaguing them known as "debt." Academic debt is the most common one, but there's debt of all kinds; cars are too expensive to purchase outright, as are houses, credit cards you're too stupid to properly manage, living paycheck-to-paycheck (often because there's no other option.) Kids can't enter the various rights of passage their parents did. Their parents, too, often have debt. To put it simply, most Americans are debt-saturated; they can't take on any more.

You know who works a lot but doesn't have any debt? People in other countries. Illegal immigrants. You can slap them with all the debt that keeps the zombified U.S. economy chugging along, but the actual U.S. citizens are incapable of supporting. Phase out the worthless debt-saturated natives, convince them to kill themselves, and replace them with a newer, browner model of plebeian that you can indebt. Then when those brown people are debt-saturated, replace them. Repeat endlessly to keep yourself rich, the economy going and the U.S. government the clandestine master of the realm.

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Long story short is that the dominant thought process in the democratic party proper is that of noblesse oblige elitism. The Democrats haven't been the "worker's" party in terms of attitude and representation probably since the 90s, maybe earlier. Do unions still vote left? Yes, certainly. Unions are much more at home with the left in general even if the current dominant attitude doesn't do much and can even hurt them in some cases, especially since America's center right follows a more libertarian flavoring.

The modern American left is concerned with social justice and globalism. The ones who believe honestly want to right the wrongs of the past and want everyone in the world to be able to have it good. Trouble is, that steps on "normal" people. I wouldn't put reparations on anyone in the modern day, even someone directly descended from Southern aristocracy. I wouldn't let in any migrants on the basis of a moral justification. Even if they have a useful skill, how much of that useful skill do we need? They may be taking value away from an American worker. But this doesn't matter to the current crowd, it's about doing what's "right", even if it puts others out in the process.

La Luz Extinguido

There are no innocents
kiwifarms.net
Both parties have always being retarded, but many years ago the republicans lost their worldwide reputation and were taken as the joke they are by rational people, what's happening now is that the democrats are going through the same process only on a much more pathetic and humiliating fashion.

You see the reflection of this on the history and reputation of Fox News and CNN.

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Long story short is that the dominant thought process in the democratic party proper is that of noblesse oblige elitism. The Democrats haven't been the "worker's" party in terms of attitude and representation probably since the 90s, maybe earlier. Do unions still vote left? Yes, certainly. Unions are much more at home with the left in general even if the current dominant attitude doesn't do much and can even hurt them in some cases, especially since America's center right follows a more libertarian flavoring.

Not really re: union members voting dem. Obama pissed off union leaders pretty hard with the Cadillac Tax and they're not a reliable voting base for Democrats anymore. I think most blue-collar workers voted for Trump.

Which, whatever, they signed their own death warrant.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
Not really re: union members voting dem. Obama pissed off union leaders pretty hard with the Cadillac Tax and they're not a reliable voting base for Democrats anymore. I think most blue-collar workers voted for Trump.
Does that signify a wider trend though, or was it just the perfect storm of Trump pandering to a demographic Hillary thought she had locked up and didn't bother campaigning to? By which I mean, did either party actually learn anything from the last election cycle? (Press X to doubt)

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
Both parties have always being exceptional, but many years ago the republicans lost their worldwide reputation and were taken as the joke they are by rational people, what's happening now is that the democrats are going through the same process only on a much more pathetic and humiliating fashion.

You see the reflection of this on the history and reputation of Fox News and CNN.
Pretty much. Shackling themselves to the Moral Majority/Fundies in the 80s,90s and 2000s almost killed the Republican party. And now the Dems are being slowly poisoned by the SJWs/Intersectionalists they've shackled themselves to.

Foxxo

He needs a rest.
kiwifarms.net
On a civilian level? Because people have been brainwashed into worshiping the "noble savages" from poorer nations, while endlessly reviling themselves & their ancestors as violent oppressors. Original sin, except it's racism this time.

On a greater level? Debt. If you take a cursory glance at the millennial generation, you'll notice the epidemic plaguing them known as "debt." Academic debt is the most common one, but there's debt of all kinds; cars are too expensive to purchase outright, as are houses, credit cards you're too stupid to properly manage, living paycheck-to-paycheck (often because there's no other option.) Kids can't enter the various rights of passage their parents did. Their parents, too, often have debt. To put it simply, most Americans are debt-saturated; they can't take on any more.

You know who works a lot but doesn't have any debt? People in other countries. Illegal immigrants. You can slap them with all the debt that keeps the zombified U.S. economy chugging along, but the actual U.S. citizens are incapable of supporting. Phase out the worthless debt-saturated natives, convince them to kill themselves, and replace them with a newer, browner model of plebeian that you can indebt. Then when those brown people are debt-saturated, replace them. Repeat endlessly to keep yourself rich, the economy going and the U.S. government the clandestine master of the realm.
Never attribute to malice what can be more-easily attributed to incompetence.