Why do ethnic groups have higher populations in the U.S. than Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
For example, the U.S. has 36 million citizens of Mexican descent, according to the U.S census of 2017. Yet, Canada's Mexican population is incredibly small in comparison (only around 90,000 people, according to Wikipedia, which cites from a Canadian census).

This trend can also be observed in many other ethnic groups.

Why do so many groups choose to live in the U.S. over Canada?

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net

Clop

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but this trend can be observed among other groups.

1.7 million Chinese Canadians. 5 million Chinese Americans.

500,000 Arab Canadians. 1-3 millions Arab Americans.

Canada in general is extremely underpopulated. It has less of a population than Japan, which is crazy for a country that large.
A country being large has nothing to do with how much of it is habitable. Just because Russia's fucking massive doesn't mean that Siberia is free real estate.

As for why there's more ethnicity in US, it has a lot to do with the marketing. US is touted as a place where you go to find fortune. It's been like that from the start and it just stuck like an annoying commercial jingle in our collective minds. It also helps that the US has a lot of native-born ethnics because they migrated there to build the damn thing. You can name any nation on earth, the US likely got some of their ancestors as part of the workforce.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude, this is dumb.

The simple answer is because America has eight times the population of Canada.

I didn't bother checking the veracity of your numbers, but I will use them as-is. I guess wiki is as good a source as any for a shitpost.

1.7 million Chinese represent 4.5% of Canada's population
5 million Chinese represent 1.5% of the US population

Canada has three times as many Chinese as a proportion of its population as the US does.

500,000 Arabs are 1.3% of Canada's population. 3 million Arabs are 0.9% of the US population.

Canada has more Arabs as a proportion of its population than America does.

Here's one you didn't mention. Indians (from India) are 3.5% of Canada's population. They are 1.3% of the US population.

Canada has way more Eskimos too.

Canada has fewer blacks and Mexicans, since it was not a slave country and is farther from Mexico than the US is. The US also has more jobs, which attract immigrants.

I

IN 041

kiwifarms.net
I was shocked when I did a genetic test and found I was 100% European
Me too. I'm 90+% franco-germanic, some amount of Scandanavian, and a tiny percent of Caucasus. But people see my flag and spam me with that garbage nonetheless.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Me too. I'm 90+% franco-germanic, some amount of Scandanavian, and a tiny percent of Caucasus. But people see my flag and spam me with that garbage nonetheless.

We had a fe family legends

"About 1000 years ago the family might have been jewish." (Maternal)
-->nope
"We have some kind of dutch ansector"
--> Nope
"We are related to native americans" ((possibly the same way Liz warren is))
-->Nope
"We Austrian in the family"
-->Nope

Anglo-Gael-Irish-Nord-French and "Southern italian/Spanish. so Prob more of dem norman boys"

Status
Not open for further replies.